Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,947 members, 7,828,325 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria (8950 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Arrives Enugu, Prays For Fallen IPOB Heroes (pictured) / HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 / Tribute To The Unsung Heroes Of Our Democracy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:41pm On Nov 15, 2015
Mogidi:

@Tonyebarcanista
I remember I use to laud my kinsman Anthony Enahoro until you told me he was against the creation of midwest, Oba Akenzua's role is also a big shock to me.
Akenzua II lived and died for the cause of his people.

Don't mind any ignorant person that dare say Oba Akenzua II was against the MidWest struggle at anytime. This struggle he infact inherited from his father when he advocated for a distinct MidWest province before independence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 8:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
Duru1:

Oba Akenzua was also against the creation of Midwestern region. He was cowered when Awolowo warned him to stay away from political. Oba Akenzua pitched tent with Chief G. Obaseki and the like of S O Ighodaro. Oba Akenzua's son who ran under AG was trounced during the regional election. I guess you have forgotten the insult meted to Oba Akenzua in the western Nigerian regional house assembly by Oba Adesoji Aderemi. Most dumbass fools from the southern Nigeria are so afraid of Ndigbo that they are willing to live a misery and servitude life in the zoo called Nigeria.

I've told that Barcanista to leave history and face his silly political epistles.
He knew nothing about the past and only live on hearsay.

My daddy told me this, my mamma told me that, my uncle said this.
New generation with no brain of their own, no independent mind.

11 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by mulattoclaro(m): 8:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
Duru1:

Oba Akenzua was also against the creation of Midwestern region. He was cowered when Awolowo warned him to stay away from political. Oba Akenzua pitched tent with Chief G. Obaseki and the like of S O Ighodaro. Oba Akenzua's son who ran under AG was trounced during the regional election. I guess you have forgotten the insult meted to Oba Akenzua in the western Nigerian regional house assembly by Oba Adesoji Aderemi. Most dumbass fools from the southern Nigeria are so afraid of Ndigbo that they are willing to live a misery and servitude life in the zoo called Nigeria.
I'm yet to understand why you igbos are very stupid and suffer from inferiority complex. Tonyebarcanista opened this thread to celebrate south south heroes and not discuss Midwest or biafran affairs. Una no dey get sense? Them swear for una. Now I see why no one wants to join you people in biafra.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Obrigardo: 8:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Sure! There is also Justice Udo Udoma, the Great Ibibioman that passionately fought for the creation of Crossriver-Ogoja state.

Guy shut up, the people in that article you actually want to focus on are Saro wiwa and Adaka boro, because of your secessionist mindset

8 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Mogidi: 8:44pm On Nov 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Akenzua II lived and died for the cause of his people.

Don't mind any ignorant person that dare say Oba Akenzua II was against the MidWest struggle at anytime. This struggle he infact inherited from his father when he advocated for a distinct MidWest province before independence.

Thanks for the lecture ja re

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Duru1(m): 8:44pm On Nov 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
3. Kenule Beenson Saro-Wiwa

(Oct 10, 1941- Nov 10, 1995):

Ken Saro-Wiwa was an inllustrious Ogoni son and Niger-Delta legend that was born into the family of Chief Jim Beenson Wiwa in 1941. He was a writer, an administrator and an activist

His Heroics:
He was appointed as the administrator of Bonny, Rivers state during the Nigeria-Biafran war. He was very vocal for voicing the position of his people and the entire Niger Deltans during the war. One of the demand of the Ogoni people is fiscal autonomy. This Wiwa advocated while serving in the Rivers state cabinet, as state commissioner for Education during the Deiete-Spiff administration and which cost him his job in 1973. Wiwa was appointed by General Ibrahim Babangida as part of the transition team into democracy rule, but Wiwa would later resign because he considered IBB to be insincere with the Nigeria people. Ken Saro-Wiwa led a non-violent fight against marginalisation and environmental degradation of Ogoniland(and to an extent the entire Niger-Delta) through the Movement for the Survival of Ogoni People(MOSSOP). This agitation cost him his life in 1995 under the brutal Gen Sani Abacha. His execution was very instrumental in gaining the sympathy of the world towards the Niger-Delta cause.

Wiwa's life as a novelist proved that the pen is indeed mightier than the sword.

May God bless everyone that showed solidarity to the people of Ogoni and all Niger-Deltans during the period of Saro-Wiwa's persecution.

Wiwa's Famous Quote

(Excerpt of His Statement before His Execution)

It is funny enough that he became wiser at the point of his death. A man who bit the finger that fed him always end up like Kenule.

4 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by mike404(m): 8:45pm On Nov 15, 2015
Coolabbie:
¤Drags apoti inside¤ Can see some vermins peeping already.
#LeSigh
THIS YOUR MAGGOT INFESTED TOTO NOR DEY STAY ONE PLACE ABI

1 Like

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Eastlink(m): 8:45pm On Nov 15, 2015
Nice article though, but let me put it this way.
Oba Akenzua - Edo Hero.
Chief Dennis Osadebe - Anioma Hero.
David Ejoor - Urhobo Hero.
Awolowo - Ilaje Hero.
Nana Ologboshere - Itshekiri Hero.
Isaac Boro - Ijaw Hero.
Ken Saro Wiwa - Ogoni Hero.
Philip Effiiong - Annang Hero.
Eyo Ita - Ibibio Hero.
King Jaja - Opobo Hero.
Margaret Ekpo - Efik Hero.
Matthew Mbu - Ogoja Hero.
Obi Wali - Ikwerre Hero.
Anthony Enahoro - Ishan Hero.
Nnamdi Azikiwe - Naija Hero.
Ojukwu - (Ahoada, Etche, Egbema, Oyigbo) Hero ( My Hero).

Now can you see that every group in the Niger-Delta have their own heroes.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by sandraokosun1: 8:45pm On Nov 15, 2015
Nigeria give me my niger delta republic or--
my dream and home is niger delta republic
Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Vicotex2: 8:45pm On Nov 15, 2015
mulattoclaro:
I'm yet to understand why you igbos are very stupid and suffer from inferiority complex. Tonyebarcanista opened this thread to celebrate south south heroes and not discuss Midwest or biafran affairs. Una no dey get sense? Them swear for una. Now I see why no one wants to join you people in biafra.
are you more south-south than the Aniomas, Etche, obigbo or the ikwerre?

6 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by gwales: 8:46pm On Nov 15, 2015
Even though I am not from South South, this list is trash without including the name of rotimi Amaechi

3 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by ArodeTsolaye: 8:46pm On Nov 15, 2015
Xpaz:
very good.
I was expecting you to put Benin first so you can get e-supporters.
I was also expecting you to mention Isaac Boro.
you this Criminal.
Wen d Igbo mention Ojukwu.
you spew all sort of Insult toward Ojukwu and d Igbo.
Igbo killed Isaac Borough and Sari Wiwa- Tonyebarcanista

That's the animal we have been warning Igbo PDP loyalists about since he decamped to PDP to deceive himself. grin

3 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 8:47pm On Nov 15, 2015
mulattoclaro:

When last did we warn you to stop using SS or NigerDelta because it involves the Igbo?

Please limit yourself to Ijaw/Edo.
This forceful attachment has to stop.

9 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 15, 2015
How did I get here
Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Coolabbie: 8:49pm On Nov 15, 2015
mike404:
THIS YOUR MAGGOT INFESTED TOTO NOR DEY STAY ONE PLACE ABI
Why are you using your mom's toto as a basis of comparison na?
Just because hers is maggot infested does not mean every girls' is.
All this small children that dont know how to cover their parent's shame. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by baralatie(m): 8:50pm On Nov 15, 2015
gwales:
Even though I am not from South South, this list is trash without including the name of rotimi Amaechi
can you place obi wali and amadi in the sane sentence with anaechi as notable ikwerre heroes!
Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Duru1(m): 8:50pm On Nov 15, 2015
mulattoclaro:

You are more idiotic than fool. This forum is public and subject posted on here is debatable. Your follow jackass is populating the forum with blatant falsehood yet a goon such as you would want us to remain silence. Most dumbass Nigerian have published shameful and unfounded falsehood due to mere ethnic pressure and they were challenged too.

9 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by vanbonattel: 8:50pm On Nov 15, 2015
baralatie:
actually the list of notable people from the south south is more than this.
Major Isaac idoro well,is one big loss to the ijaws!
likewise the death of ken saro wiwa and the seven to the ogoni people!

l heard that saro wiwa was hung on his neck and he shiit a very large Ijaw poo poo

Northerner soldier using koboko to design his back as he died

2 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:50pm On Nov 15, 2015
sandraokosun1:
Op o! Wey jaja of opobo wey antony enahoro? They must join, ths is selective
The Great Jaja is Well Celebrated and a Hero too. He's an icon in every right. But the Three men did extra-ordinary.

Anthony Enahoro with due respect was more of a Nationalist. He was a very great man but it was unfortunate that he didn't see need for supporting the MidWest creation of his people. Nevertheless, he was a well respected statesman and a legend.

If I have time, I'd have done a roll call but time won't permit.
Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by baralatie(m): 8:51pm On Nov 15, 2015
Coolabbie:
Why are you using your mom's toto as a basis of comparison na?
Just because hers is maggot infested does not mean every girls' is.
All this small children that dont know how to cover their parent's shame. undecided
ha
Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by gwales: 8:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
baralatie:

can you place obi wali and amadi in the sane sentence with anaechi as notable ikwerre heroes!
Amaechi I know, the others I don't!
Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by ArodeTsolaye: 8:55pm On Nov 15, 2015
Hehehe, they want us to leave the thread, so that he can miseducate people with his 'my -uncle-told-me' lies. bwahahaha!

4 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by vanbonattel: 8:55pm On Nov 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

The Great Jaja is Well Celebrated and a Hero too. He's an icon in every right. But the Three men did extra-ordinary.

Anthony Enahoro with dues rspect was more of a Nationalist. He was a very great man but it was unfortunate that he didn't see need for supporting the MidWest creation of his people. Nevertheless, he was a well respected statesman and a legend.

Jaja of Opobo as an igbo man that's why he is not on the list

9 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:55pm On Nov 15, 2015
mulattoclaro:
Somw people are always uncomfortable when SS is discussed. I sympathise with them though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by baralatie(m): 8:56pm On Nov 15, 2015
vanbonattel:

l heard that saro wiwa was hung on his neck and he shirt a very large Ijaw poo poo

Northerner soldier using koboko to design his back as he died
the funny thing is karma is a bad thing!
the military guy that ordered his execution also was technically executed,buried like trash and Hus money continuously collected ,locked up and in short it was bad for that military northerner!
and thanks for reminding me

2 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by baralatie(m): 8:59pm On Nov 15, 2015
gwales:
Amaechi I know, the others I don't!
if ikwerre man catch you with comment about wali and amadi,
let me just end it here!
Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by SonOfEl(m): 9:00pm On Nov 15, 2015
mulattoclaro:

We are ready for your subtle revisionist agenda.... Wannabes..... Otondos.....am watching...

BTW, boro was wasted by his co conspirators.... No need to change an already known fact. It won't work.

3 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by vanbonattel: 9:00pm On Nov 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Somw people are always uncomfortable when SS is discussed. I sympathise with them though

Same way some scumbags are uncomfortable when Igbo matter are discussed. You will soon be hung like wiwa or shot by adekunle as boro was shot

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by vanbonattel: 9:02pm On Nov 15, 2015
SonOfEl:

We are ready for your subtle revisionist agenda.... Wannabes..... Otondos.....am watching...

BTW, boro was wasted by his co conspirators.... No need to change an already known fact. It won't work.

Adekunle, a shot on the back and boro died

2 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by SonOfEl(m): 9:03pm On Nov 15, 2015
vanbonattel:

Adekunle, a shot on the back and boro died

As simple as that...
Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by vanbonattel: 9:03pm On Nov 15, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:
Hehehe, they want us to leave the thread, so that he can miseducate people with his 'my -uncle-told-me' lies. bwahahaha!
Don't mind them

2 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Duru1(m): 9:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Anthony Enahoro with due respect was more of a Nationalist. He was a very great man but it was unfortunate that he didn't see need for supporting the MidWest creation of his people. Nevertheless, he was a well respected statesman and a legend.

Per the bolded, he was equally against the creation of Midwestern region as he joined forces with Yari.ba peeps and AG.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

VAT: FG Rakes In ₦24.8 Billion From Bank Customers / Anambra Election: Tribunal Relocates To Ilorin / South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.