Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria (8956 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Arrives Enugu, Prays For Fallen IPOB Heroes (pictured) / HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 / Tribute To The Unsung Heroes Of Our Democracy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by BALLOSKI: 7:45am On Jan 04, 2016
Why no igbo man on the list?
Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by zendy: 9:03am On Jan 04, 2016
I think this thread is misleading. When you say 'South-South' hero, what do you mean? In my understanding, it should mean someone who has impacted positively on the South-South geo-political zone, not some tribal hero. Neither Boro, Oba Akenzua or Wiwa ever heard of anything called 'South-South'. Boro and Wiwa were heroes of the Ijaw and Ogoni ethnic nationalities. I have no problem with a group of ethnic groups coming together and calling themselves by whatever name, but let it be by consensus. Not because some crazy military man drew an imaginary map. It is infuriating for me as an Anambra man to look across the River Niger into the Igbo city of Asaba and an Ijaw man is telling me that I'm looking into the 'SS', a term not even recognised in the constitution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What John Zibiri Said About Nigeria. Is It True? / Fuel Subsidy Skyrocketed To N207bn Days To 2019 Elections – NNPC Report / EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Calls For Harmony, Invites Youths For Peace Walk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.