Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,681 members, 7,816,786 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Death Penalty For 419 Scum - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Death Penalty For 419 Scum (14433 Views)

Poll: Should It Be introduced In Nigeria?

Yes: 34% (26 votes)
No: 65% (50 votes)
This poll has ended

Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers / PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty / 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by kokoye(m): 7:01pm On May 19, 2009
I still strongly believe that for Nigeria to move in the right direction and be taken seriously, some untouchables should be made scapegoats out of.

You put them in jail only to get out bragging in a few hours. Others see this and dont mind the kind of punishment.
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by yeswecan(m): 7:06pm On May 19, 2009
Death penanty? for what, them kill person?
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 19, 2009
kokoye:

I still strongly believe that for Nigeria to move in the right direction and be taken seriously, some untouchables should be made scapegoats out of.  

You put them in jail only to get out bragging in a few hours.  Others see this and dont mind the kind of punishment.

MY BROTHER, THATS WHY I SAID CAPITAL PUNISHMENT IS THE BEST. KILL ON THE SPOT. NO JUDGE. NO TRIAL. NOTHING. STRAIGHT DEATH. PUNISHMENT MUST BE HARSH IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE SUCCESS AT DETERRING OTHERS.
LOOK AT SAUDI ARABIA, YOU'LL NEVER HEAR OF ANYTHING GETTING STOLEN THERE. ITS INSTANT MUTILATION. THIS IS WHAT NIGERIA NEEDS. AN IRON FIST.
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by kokoye(m): 7:18pm On May 19, 2009
al-qaeda:

MY BROTHER, THATS WHY I SAID CAPITAL PUNISHMENT IS THE BEST. KILL ON THE SPOT. NO JUDGE. NO TRIAL. NOTHING. STRAIGHT DEATH. PUNISHMENT MUST BE HARSH IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE SUCCESS AT DETERRING OTHERS.
LOOK AT SAUDI ARABIA, YOU'LL NEVER HEAR OF ANYTHING GETTING STOLEN THERE. ITS INSTANT MUTILATION. THIS IS WHAT NIGERIA NEEDS. AN IRON FIST.

Well, I do not support that.

Reason: A lot of poeple have been convicted or killed of crimes they did not commit in the first place. Truths have come out after several years in some cases. But as far as Nigeria is concerned, we know who the main culprits are: all the people there on top and the kingmakers. They need to be dealt with without any respect.

If you hold a leadership position and you use that position to embezzle money at poeples expense, then I got no respect for you.

, and the main reason Nigeria is still this way is because these leaders have taken our laws for granted - they know a poor man will turn his back on good or evil for a plate of amala. They also know nothing will come out of any revolt - maximum: a few days in jail (and dont forget a rich nigerian's jail is different from the regular jail).

Poverty is the main problem. Every single nigerian is directly or indirectly connected / related at at least one of these evildoers and who will normally want a sole benefactor to be killed or put in jail?

As long as we hold on to that stupid culture of ours, sorry is the word for my country.
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by kokoye(m): 7:34pm On May 19, 2009
If you get into a fight with someone and you know if you do not kill that person, he will kill you.

What would you do?
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Tudor3(m): 8:02pm On May 19, 2009
Thats right! Kill the bastards.nigeria is so overpopulated we need population conrol like china
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by naso2(m): 8:40pm On May 19, 2009
If you must sentence them to death then start first with those that import fake drugs and our politicians. As bad as '419' is their victims are largely greedy foreigners. Our politicians are worse
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by AmAlone: 8:41pm On May 19, 2009
al-qaeda:

Bros No Vex OOOO

My Friend Go Back TO SCHOOL!!!

Na Who Tell You Say Murder To 419er Go Fit Put An Stop To Am?
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by AmAlone: 8:43pm On May 19, 2009
Give Another Example Apart From Saudi Arabia. . . . .

Yet Theives Still Dey There. . . . . And them be #1 for suicide bombing.
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Krayola(m): 9:36pm On May 19, 2009
I'm yet to see a case where the fear of harsh punishment stopped, or even reduced crime. Even in Saudi Arabia where they have really strict laws the crime rates are rising. American Jails just dey overflow with petty criminals serving ridiculously long sentences, yet more and more keep committing crimes everyday. Killing them might make you feel better temporarily but it won't solve the problem imo.
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Krayola(m): 9:39pm On May 19, 2009
@ kokoye,  I agree with you 100000%

People sometimes have a lot of knee-jerk reactions to situations,  and its scary to think that some of our leaders think like that.

If you want to get better you have to treat the root cause of an illness,  and not try to eliminate a few of the symptoms.

Naija needs one bad ass military man with integrity to run that country.
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Outstrip(f): 9:51pm On May 19, 2009
Right after the have the death penalty for fathers that rape their daughters and mothers that know about iy and are quiet, pastors that brand little children as witches and torture them, parents that let people take their children and torture them because they said they are witches, government officials that get rich themselves and do not pay employees for months at a time.
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Gbosko: 11:18pm On May 19, 2009
Nice Lumpy chick there! Yes that one carrying poster on page 1. Thor, what's her name? Gbosko will like to know her. grin
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Krayola(m): 11:32pm On May 19, 2009
hahaha, bad guy!!
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Thor(m): 11:37pm On May 19, 2009
I see allot of you are against the death penalty. But these mother fuckers have to die, there is no alternative lipsrsealed
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by bombsquad(m): 11:42pm On May 19, 2009
death penalty for 419??that is extreme,
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Thor(m): 11:52pm On May 19, 2009
Why is it extreme. What do these scum have to offer Nigeria?
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by henchmark: 12:35am On May 20, 2009
yes! but on one condition, the scammed should likewise die by hanging, because both are motivated by greed!!!!! how dare you reap where you never planted?
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by FADAKA: 1:52am On May 20, 2009
@Poster, Humm Death Penalty for 419er and scammer? OH yes I did Support that.
But, wait a minutes what do we do to those that knows them and dont fish them-out.
Tell me you or anyone here doesn't know one Nigerian that does this, At least one person.
Yes we all do, they even leave among us, our Cousin's ,Friends, Uncle's, ex or presents School mates.
As much as I support this Bastard to be eradicated, i think we should look into Genesis of this Problem.

We need Preventions not cure. HOW DO WE PREVENT NIGERIAN YOUNG LADS FROM BEEN A FRAUDSTER?
. We should all think about having a National ID in Nigeria for christsake.
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Sermon: 6:21am On May 20, 2009
henchmark:

both are motivated by greed!!!!! how dare you reap where you never planted?

You know as well as anyone the 419ners use any situation to rob. They will appeal to the honest as well as those as greedy as them. There are as many who use charity to con those honest people. Or say they want to buy something by sending check for more than it costs.

Well if you support them you are just as bad. It's you that is the real problem for apologizing for them. Maybe you are even one of them?

No more excuses. Face up to the facts.
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Nobody: 8:06am On May 20, 2009
@poster,whatever gave u the right to come here and say such a thing,'death penalty to fraudsters' men that's way out of point. U tink because u managed to cross d Nigerian border through illegal means,u wouldn't want others to.One way or the others,every man has committed fraud. I'm sure u must have lyed ur way into securing a job,if ever u have one,and dont u think u scammed ur employers,i'm even sure ur birth was even rigged by your four-fathers,n i believed u're aware that thats a scam too. Whether u be black man or Albino,i advice u retrace your steps,n stop settling for capital punishment as a penalty to all acts committed,else u might end up condemning your own generation. 'he that seeks his abode in glorious edifices,should refrain from catapulting perilious projectiles' meaning he that lives in a glass house should not throw stones. 'and do not throw stones in market places,because na ur mama head e fit go break' because it is evident that what u're doing is throwin stones. A WORD IS ENOUGH 4D WISE
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Nobody: 8:09am On May 20, 2009
nobilia:

@Poster,

Get an AK47, call all your family members to a roundtable, ask each one what they are doing for a living. Do not forget to include the person that paid your ticket to UK in the query. Start shooting from there, come back and tell us how you feel being an orphan with no relatives.

Cost of 419 to the world economy = billions of dollars.
Cost of this response = PRICELESS grin
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Nignog: 8:27am On May 20, 2009
stupid thread
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Nobody: 8:49am On May 20, 2009
419ners only strive where greed exist,which means they co-exist,greedy people are always gullible n 419ners sees all this and capitalizes on their weaknesses n use it to take advantage of them.Someone talked about saudi arabia,so tell me do u think saudi condemns their citizens who indulge in suicide bombing?,what about the fake engineers,who design weak bridges just to make more money,n ends up killing people,or cheating in school exams,or fake doctors who ends up killin patients,because they are deterrent?what about those who commit felony,treason or even blasphemy like u,tell us,what would become of them.If them leave u,u go b 'pontious pilate' or even 'herod' cos u'll order d killin of any male child who's suspected as a future scammer,right from birth or even in d womb.I'm not in support,but there are better ways to check it,and to treat such impurities in d society,cos they're littered around d world even in london and USA
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Naijagirly(f): 9:02am On May 20, 2009
henchmark:

yes! but on one condition, the scammed should likewise die by hanging, because both are motivated by greed!!!!! how dare you reap where you never planted?

Great Idea,
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by chase4(m): 9:39am On May 20, 2009
@ Thor:
      What you are advocating for will make some sense if you will first start a campaign on "death penalty to public fund looters". Already we have death penalty for kidnappers, now you are asking for the head of fraudsters.
What will you demand for next ? Death penalty for pick pockets ?
  Mr, if you want to uproot this tree start from the root.
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by solosimple(m): 10:05am On May 20, 2009
@poster

How is this going to work, because the first 419'ers are the Government officials of both present and past - who have shortchanged the general populace, promising one thing but giving another, these people have bankrupted the mindset of Nigerians, dented our mentality whereby when there is a hint that they are doing their job, we think it is something novel, we start singing their praises, we stand in awe. The fish they say rots from the head, find me a senator, legislator or Governor in Nigeria who has not 419'ed his/her people, then and only then a campaign of such nature might gain ground, otherwise this too shall pass.

@ Thor:
What you are advocating for will make some sense if you will first start a campaign on "death penalty to public fund looters". Already we have death penalty for kidnappers, now you are asking for the head of fraudsters.
What will you demand for next ? Death penalty for pick pockets ?
Mr, if you want to uproot this tree start from the root.
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by kalmebad(f): 11:12am On May 20, 2009
@ Poster and Topic

Glad that aleast Nigerian is the second most corrupt country---- Means we still have something to be happy about (second and not first)

You look at 419 as the most challenging pblm Nigerians have (not advocating for them)

419 as your case study ( how did it originate? what are the causes?, and who are the forefathers?

Leaving that aside, have you ever thought of YOu and I having a job? and there are millions of people out there who have noting to fall on (unemployment on high rise except you have Abraham as a father or Uncle)

Now if this people must be put on death penalty simply because they played outside (both,,the scammer and the scammed are greedy here) just like someone said, how can you reap where you did not sow?? (big question) then the penalty should be melted out on both parties, this way it will really be checkmate.

Again, What then will be the fate of our fund loaters?, (my fear) billions of Naira been loated and deposited in foreign accounts, Mine money, Your Money, Our Money, (both the loaters and the banks that encourage this with full awareness might as well be put on death penalty.) So start advocating from the root and then you see us joining suit.

We have enuf pblm, that i see 419 to be the least out of d lots. May be if our Government starts putting things in place as it is seen in other developed country(s) things will getter better and scam rate and crime rate will be low if not completely eradicated.

Otherwise i don't see this dream of YOURS coming to reality.
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 20, 2009
Am Alone:

Give Another Example Apart From Saudi Arabia. . . . .

Yet Theives Still Dey There. . . . . And them be #1 for suicide bombing.

its the only example cuz they're the only ones practising capital punishment. every other country sends criminals to jail and when he comes out, starts all over again. it doesn't work. keep killing till you exterminate them. you can't compare the crime rate in saudi to any other country. its the lowest. besides suicide bombing is not 419. suicide bombing was started when those stupid americans changed their policies towards other countries to favour themselves and their brothers in crime (israel). if they judged others fairly and were not biased, i see n reason why anyone should kill himself and others for no reason. all they want is to control other countries and their economies(including nigeria). the only reason they never approved of abacha or any military regime was because they were not given access to the oil and other econimic sectors. look at now, they're running everything in nigeria and stealing the oil. they used human rights to support their case. what bull shit. anyways nigeria deserves what they're going thru right now. look at countries that have refused them control, they're doing fine.
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 20, 2009
kalmebad:

@ Poster and Topic

Glad that aleast Nigerian is the second most corrupt country---- Means we still have something to be happy about (second and not first)

You look at 419 as the most challenging pblm Nigerians have (not advocating for them)

419 as your case study ( how did it originate? what are the causes?, and who are the forefathers?

Leaving that aside, have you ever thought of YOu and I having a job? and there are millions of people out there who have noting to fall on (unemployment on high rise except you have Abraham as a father or Uncle)

Now if this people must be put on death penalty simply because they played outside (both,,the scammer and the scammed are greedy here) just like someone said, how can you reap where you did not sow?? (big question) then the penalty should be melted out on both parties, this way it will really be checkmate.

Again, What then will be the fate of our fund loaters?, (my fear) billions of Naira been loated and deposited in foreign accounts, Mine money, Your Money, Our Money, (both the loaters and the banks that encourage this with full awareness might as well be put on death penalty.) So start advocating from the root and then you see us joining suit.

We have enuf pblm, that i see 419 to be the least out of d lots. May be if our Government starts putting things in place as it is seen in other developed country(s) things will getter better and scam rate and crime rate will be low if not completely eradicated.

Otherwise i don't see this dream of YOURS coming to reality.

kalmebad, i don't agree with you. how can you say that banks are encouraging them. banks are running their own business, they can't refuse money simply cuz its stolen. if you had a business and i stole money and came patronise you, does that make you a criminal. unless of course you ask the person his source of the money. you wouldn't care where it came from as long as i spend it at your place. if your claims are anything to go by, then everyone in nigeria should be killed, cuz everyone's income (whether direct or indirect) is stolen. even money given to church. how sure are you the person giving the church didn't steal it. how sure are you that your salary didn't come from 419 money. think about it.
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Thor(m): 2:46pm On May 20, 2009
People falling on hard times has nothing to do with making stealing acceptable  lipsrsealed

There are allot of worried people on this forum, we need many nooses and executioners  undecided
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by kalmebad(f): 3:32pm On May 20, 2009
@ al-gaeda

In reponse to ur reaction to my post.

Have u ever pondered before at d reason why a culprit of any stolen item is been persecuted together with the buyer? does law exonorate the buyer?? most cases they are always find as guilty as,

So imagin where these banks says No, kwing fully it was loated monies, that way, are they not going to help us fight corruption? rather than encouraging it for business sake.

How willing will u be, buying something you know that could have been stolen ponder at it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Hypnotized" Housemaid Gives Employer's N5.5M Jewellery To Fraudsters. / Police Reunite Three 'Abandoned' Children With Their Family (Photos) / 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos Granted Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.