Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

8 Lies About Feminism - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Lies About Feminism (936 Views)

8 Lies You Probably Heard When You Were A Kid / My Opinion About FEMINISM... / My Fiancé Brags Alot, He Lies About Everything (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Lies About Feminism by Oshovie(m): 11:38pm On Nov 15, 2015
Feminism is the belief that men and women are equal and should be offered equal oportunities. But some girls have blown it out of all proportion.
Here are some wrongful notions a lot of radical feminists and misandrist have about feminisim:
1. Whatever a man can do, a woman can do better;
2. Husbands and wives are equal;
3. Being submissive to your husband reduces your self-worth;
4. A woman must always challenge a man in every discussion;
5. Doing better than a man does in school or at work is an achievement;
6. Domestication is slavery;
7. Men are useless;
8. A wife should be the leader of the home.
Re: 8 Lies About Feminism by sinaj(f): 11:41pm On Nov 15, 2015
S
Re: 8 Lies About Feminism by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 11:44pm On Nov 15, 2015
sinaj:
S
for SAMBA
Re: 8 Lies About Feminism by obiorathesubtle: 11:47pm On Nov 15, 2015
Feminists suck like ass
Re: 8 Lies About Feminism by iPopAlomo(m): 11:48pm On Nov 15, 2015
Nairaland feminist... sharing nudies from 1914....

1 Like

Re: 8 Lies About Feminism by Nobody: 12:12am On Nov 16, 2015
None of these are true.

A feminist believes men and women are equal socially politically and economically. And works to remove discrimination of both men and women.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Lies About Feminism by Oshovie(m): 12:39am On Nov 16, 2015
YourMain:
None of these are true.

A feminist believes men and women are equal socially politically and economically. And works to remove discrimination of both men and women.

Exactly Your Main, but a lot of young ladies have changed that, thereby creating a bad image of feminists. Today, feminists are seen as heart-broken and divorced women who just hate men.
Re: 8 Lies About Feminism by Nobody: 1:03am On Nov 16, 2015
2 is the only one that real feminists actually believe.

Husbands and wives are equal, mostly in the sense that all human beings are equal. Una don see me quote my favourite verse before "There is now slave nor free, Jew nor Greek" etc etc I think he even mentioned man nor woman. This means that we're all the same. Human being na human being. We are equals, before God especially and that's what counts the most.

The others are mostly said as jokes eg all men are dogs grin
Re: 8 Lies About Feminism by Tygg: 1:03am On Nov 16, 2015
Oshovie:

Exactly Your Main, but a lot of young ladies have changed that, thereby creating a bad image of feminists. Today, feminists are seen as heart-broken and divorced women who just hate men.
well its hard not to think so ,,seeing as they are the ones that champion the idea "" feminism""with vigour,,,,,,....I don't really look much into this things ,,to me its crap,,##myopinion
Re: 8 Lies About Feminism by Tygg: 1:05am On Nov 16, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Husbands and wives are equal, mostly in the sense that all human beings are equal. Una don see me quote my favourite verse before "There is now slave nor free, Jew nor Greek" etc etc I think he even mentioned man nor woman. This means that we're all the same. Human being na human being. We are equals, before God especially and that's what counts the most.

husband and wife equal?? ,,make I just shun you shaa
Re: 8 Lies About Feminism by Oshovie(m): 1:18am On Nov 16, 2015
MrsPhyno:

the equality here doesn't reduce the worth of the woman. The man is still the head of the family. Two captains cannot head a ship. The woman just has to submit to the husband. No man, no matter how poor or short he may be, can abide an insurbodinate wife.
Re: 8 Lies About Feminism by Nobody: 1:26am On Nov 16, 2015
Oshovie:

the equality here doesn't reduce the worth of the woman. The man is still the head of the family. Two captains cannot head a ship. The woman just has to submit to the husband. No man, no matter how poor or short he may be, can abide an insurbodinate wife.

Hmmm. Okay. People have to find an arrangement that works best for them sha, each marriage is different and what do I know about that stuff sef grin

Sha just know that ur not better than her. Different, yes, but equal.
Re: 8 Lies About Feminism by Nobody: 1:50am On Nov 16, 2015
Polished whitewashed brains courtesy of distorted literature and an inability to properly assimilate westernization.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Lies About Feminism by Hannysmilez(f): 2:03am On Nov 16, 2015
Oshovie:

Exactly!!! I don't know how the young ladies of this generation have successfuly debased Feminism by turning the topic to 'I cannot cook for my husband'.
Its so funny when they start heated arguements,supporting something they don't even know.
Personally,I believe that Men and Women are different,yet equal. They both have unique responsibilities that lead to creating a stable world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Lies About Feminism by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 16, 2015
2 and 6. Tut tut tut. cough* men and women will forever be equal cough *cough* domestication should be the woman as well as the man's responsibility. Most likely he's older so her giving him respect is only natural. What about humility from his part? it's a personal thing jawe, everybody should row their boat the way they like. What applies to Peter might not necessarily apply to Paul.
Re: 8 Lies About Feminism by joseph1832(m): 7:59am On Nov 16, 2015
YourMain:
None of these are true.

Is that right? I find what the OP said to be a standard truth. Some women have debase this thing called feminism.

1 Like

Re: 8 Lies About Feminism by 2SWT(f): 8:47am On Nov 16, 2015
is no 7 and 8 for real?
Re: 8 Lies About Feminism by Oshovie(m): 10:27am On Nov 16, 2015
2SWT:
is no 7 and 8 for real?

Yes, they are. I read an article written by a radical feminist titled: "The End of Men".
Re: 8 Lies About Feminism by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 16, 2015
Nairaland feminists going for intercontinental d!cks
Re: 8 Lies About Feminism by 2SWT(f): 10:22am On Nov 18, 2015
Oshovie:

Yes, they are. I read an article written by a radical feminist titled: "The End of Men".
hmm

l wonder what people are turning into

(1) (Reply)

Val's Day Prophecy / Madness!! Another Nigerian Guy Shares Photo Of Him Having Cex With His Girlfrd / Am Praying Against Every Spirit Of Masturbation In My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.