Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please (1747 Views)

'How Cabals In The Presidency Hijacked Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment' - SDC / Append Your Signature: No Violence! / "P.D.P" Has Been Ruling Nigeria For 15 Years?- A.P.C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by JJYOU: 10:48am On May 19, 2009
currently in the uk the daily telegraph and the other papers are changing the culture of politics as usual.

if we apply the same exposure in nigeria i wonder what we will get.

what can we do in nigeria to expose the excesses of these cabals ruling or should i say destroying nigeria.
no violence please
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by ikeyman00(m): 10:51am On May 19, 2009
by fire for fire

through

nl

as we are doin now

make no mistake, im sure a lot of media back in nigeria knew about this nairaland, but they will soon be force to let the light shine

one day, just one day, yall shall see
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by JJYOU: 10:56am On May 19, 2009
ikeyman00:

by fire for fire

through

nl

as we are doin now

make no mistake, im sure a lot of media back in nigeria knew about this nairaland, but they will soon be force to let the light shine

one day, just one day, yall shall see
so many dont know.
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by ikeyman00(m): 11:06am On May 19, 2009
hmm well what do u expect

and how can nl make its way to national assembely, ass-rock ha etc

someone out there should post some flyer on their notice board

nl must, i repeat find its way to nigerian media

some one out there holla
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by desgiezd(m): 11:56am On May 19, 2009
ikeyman00:

and how can nl make its way to national assembely, ass-rock ha etc

someone out there should post some flyer on their notice board

nl must, i repeat find its way to nigerian media

I strongly believe that people in high places are getting themselves acquainted with NL judging by the way some members defend some of our present and immediate past leaders even when such defenses are completely senseless and run contrary to reality. My believe is that these NL members are fronting for these politicians.

No serious leader can afford to ignore a forum that has over 330,000 members!!
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by jamace(m): 12:11pm On May 19, 2009
@ How can that be possible?
These lawless cabals have developed thick skin at curses and abuses from every quarters. Not even the preachings in the churches/mosques can change their hardened hearts.

Something other than peace is needed to bring change.
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by JJYOU: 11:15am On May 21, 2009
jamace:

@ How can that be possible?
These lawless cabals have developed thick skin at curses and abuses from every quarters. Not even the preachings in the churches/mosques can change their hardened hearts.

Something other than peace is needed to bring change.
we can start by embarrasing them big time. enough of this do nothing mentality. romanians sorted out theri Nicolae Ceauşescu, the phillipinos Ferdinand Emmanuel Edralin Marcos

when will nigeria lead africa in sanitising politics and governance?
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by SkyBlue1: 12:12pm On May 21, 2009
JJYOU:

we can start by embarrasing them big time. enough of this do nothing mentality. romanians sorted out theri Nicolae Ceauşescu, the phillipinos Ferdinand Emmanuel Edralin Marcos

when will nigeria lead africa in sanitising politics and governance?

I hope you will follow suggestions and ideas with some form of action instead of yet again another case of debating ideas and letting them die online. When people post stories or make postulations with regards to the situation in Nigeria they should ask themselves what they can do about it more often instead of yet another post for the simple purpose of yet another debate (personal view).
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by JJYOU: 12:20pm On May 21, 2009
Sky Blue:

I hope you will follow suggestions and ideas with some form of action instead of yet again another case of debating ideas and letting them die online. When people post stories or make postulations with regards to the situation in Nigeria they should ask themselves what they can do about it more often instead of yet another post for the simple purpose of yet another debate (personal view).
so we shouldnt do anything at all?
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by SkyBlue1: 12:21pm On May 21, 2009
JJYOU:

so we shouldnt do anything at all?

Where on earth did you get that from?
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by Kobojunkie: 1:06pm On May 21, 2009
@Poster, if we applied the same in Nigeria, we would IMMEDIATELY start to see CHANGE, change that benefits the people more than just the usual switch-game.
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by JustGood(m): 1:55pm On May 21, 2009
Its all good.

Let's really consider it. . . dont Nigerians know that politicians are stealing their money? Have many politicians not been exposed for their activities? What exactly has happened to such politicians?

Even the media boys collect brown envelopes and report only that which suits their pockets.

We have serious problems in Nigerian and some of us seem to underestimate the depth of the Nigerian problem.
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by DisGuy: 2:17pm On May 21, 2009
We dont have freedom of Information Act

Plus are we really sure these politicians have any shame left?

Lets shame those reps that are against the freedom of information act

shame their business and associate
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by Kobojunkie: 2:38pm On May 21, 2009
We do not need FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT to do what the Poster is suggesting. We only need SERIOUS MINDED INDIVIDUALS ( NOT the I WILL SIGN UP but never show up afterwards or participate group of block heads we have walking around claiming they are for CHANGE).

We have individuals working under these politicians with access to every information that one can think of, all that may be needed is that we buy then a beer or two, or even dash them one Tommy Hilfiger shirt one time and they will bring you all documents showing all you need from their oga!! I think it is time we start applying western 'agbara' with some naija under-g moves in getting what we need.

P.S It is not illegal to dash someone a Tommy Hilfiger shirt or buy someone a beer!!
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by IFELEKE(m): 3:28pm On May 21, 2009
Dis Guy:

We dont have freedom of Information Act

Exactly
These gluttons we call our leaders know what they will see if the bill is passed hence the delay.
Kobojunkie:

We do not need FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT to do what the Poster is suggesting. We only need SERIOUS MINDED INDIVIDUALS ( NOT the I WILL SIGN UP but never show up afterwards or participate group of block heads we have walking around claiming they are for CHANGE).

We have individuals working under these politicians with access to every information that one can think of, all that may be needed is that we buy then a beer or two, or even dash them one Tommy Hilfiger shirt one time and they will bring you all documents showing all you need from their oga!! I think it is time we start applying western 'agbara' with some naija under-g moves in getting what we need.

P.S It is not illegal to dash someone a Tommy Hilfiger shirt or buy someone a beer!!

Kobo, we need it.Th bill will make it mandatory for the release of key information about the runnings of the government.
With the Bill in place, we won't be running after snippets of information that fall off the mouths of some of these officials.
It was easy in U.K because they had such bill in place and believe me, there are serious minded people who only need legal cover to function.
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by Kobojunkie: 3:31pm On May 21, 2009
IFELEKE:

Kobo, we need it.Th bill will make it mandatory for the release of key information about the runnings of the government.
With the Bill in place, we won't be running after snippets of information that fall off the mouths of some of these officials.
It was easy in U.K because they had such bill in place and believe me, there are serious minded people who only need legal cover to function.

No, we do not need it to do what the @Poster here is suggesting. We only need to learn to do what we can with what we have in front of us. When we get to the point where we can press for FOI, then we do that but in the meantime, nothing stops us from getting information as we can.

Look to the likes of Sahari Report and the many independent media sites popping up with news on the very same Nigeria.
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by redsun(m): 3:38pm On May 21, 2009
Main stream media needs purging,people like the respected reuben mbati that was bribed with a plot of land in abuja should be told what is all about.

People will have to earn their honors.
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by IFELEKE(m): 3:51pm On May 21, 2009
Kobojunkie:

No, we do not need it to do what the @Poster here is suggesting. We only need to learn to do what we can with what we have in front of us. When we get to the point where we can press for FOI, then we do that but in the meantime, nothing stops us from getting information as we can.
and what do we have in front of us?. . , Snippets here and there?
Even with these snippets, we still find it difficult to do anything.  A classic example is the Festus Keyamo Case with the House of Reps speaker and some members over the Car Purchase Scandal with P.A.N. The case was upturned on him despite the fact that he had key documents to back himself up.(With the Reps threatening to sue him on the grounds of having access to documents he shouldnt be in possession of)
For me, we need enabling environment to function if we want to carry out this task and the FOI will be a Major PLUS
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On May 21, 2009
IFELEKE:

and what do we have in front of us?. . , Snippets here and there?

hmmm

IFELEKE:

Even with these snippets, we still find it difficult to do anything. A classic example is the Festus Keyamo Case with the House of Reps speaker and some members over the Car Purchase Scandal with P.A.N. The case was upturned on him despite the fact that he had key documents to back himself up.(With the Reps threatening to sue him on the grounds of having access to documents he shouldnt be in possession of)
For me, we need enabling environment to function if we want to carry out this task and the FOI will be a Major PLUS

Well, I think we are going at this different ways. From my understanding of the @Poster’s question, we are simply looking for ways to change things in Nigeria. I see no need for us to continue trying to tackle things the very same old ways that have failed us in the past, but that does not mean we cannot take a new approach to solving or bringing solutions to these problems.

I am more into exposing these men, for who they really are, to better enable the people make more informed decisions come next election or as they push for change. You can turn the public to your side with information. By providing them information you are bound to change the public’s response to those in government and may actually turn things faster than you would by simply trying to attack these politicians one at a time. I mean the Festus Feyamo situation was to be expected. I remember commenting on that thread and expressed that more information may be needed for him to make a more solid case.

We witnessed the power of information, no matter the source, in the last US elections. I mean there were definitely lots of made up data and information out there that caused people to debate issues that they would not have debated earlier. Information is key to change. Whether you get it through FOI or by improvising and creatively accessing your source, lasting change only comes with information. FOI is secondary.
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by Abz: 4:27pm On May 21, 2009
It's just to blame the ruling party, but to find solution to Nigeria's problem go beyond that, Nigeria’s problems are Nigerians, a collective of ethnicities that refuse to stand together, how can it work?, as long as we are what we are, when trust and honesty are not embraced, how do we expect our leaders to do it, they will only look after their own, because of the simple thought that you will do the same if you were in their shoes…maybe with time things might get better, we have all we need to be the greatest country in the world, only if we are all united, Well, to make life difficult for the lawless cabals, all we need is an independent investigative body ready to carry out an extensive investigation on any suggested body who is/had embezzled the nation's wealth, and a judiciary system to prosecute, harshly…a handsome reward should be promised to anyone who is able to whistle blow on his corrupt neighbour…any slight indication of corruption should warrant an investigation…this is the way to break a gang of thieves.
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by mustafar1: 4:34pm On May 21, 2009
EXPOSE! you would be labelled detractors, bad belle, naysayers, Noise maker, and whatever other name they see fit ny their zombie supporters. grin grin

HECK, i'll rather be called those aforementioned names cos of that, than be a zombie and someone would be pissing down my back and telling me its raining. and reward them with chieftancy titles like Atunlese of ikejaland grin
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On May 21, 2009
Roflmao!!!
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by JJYOU: 4:39pm On May 21, 2009
Kobojunkie:

TH is different from the millions of dollars you keep hearing exchanging hands my brother.

just imagine if these allegations here are true  

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=274507.msg3900807#msg3900807  or  

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-274894.0.html#msg3901646
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by Abz: 4:42pm On May 21, 2009
to must_a_far

Not if they know you're telling on them, letting the corrupt party know you're on to them defeats the whole effort, and the reward doesn't need to be a title, something others will be wandering how the hell did you get that, maybe money, everyone like to be rewarded for doing something good.
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On May 21, 2009
Not everyone likes to be rewarded with STOLEN MONEY though.
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by hoeyeadoe: 4:50pm On May 21, 2009
Independent and vigorous mediA, change the perception of pp abt whats goin on around dem by settin the agenda in a radical way, almost for free of cos.
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by Abz: 4:52pm On May 21, 2009
to Kobojunkie

you are totally off the point, I'm not talking about stolen money
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by mustafar1: 4:57pm On May 21, 2009
Abz:

to must_a_far

Not if they know you're telling on them, letting the corrupt party know you're on to them defeats the whole effort, and the reward doesn't need to be a title, something others will be wandering how the hell did you get that, maybe money, everyone like to be rewarded for doing something good.

i dont understand your point. it might not necessarily be the thieving individuals that would call u names. most times its ur next door neighbour who attended the thieving politicians lavish party the weekend before and thinks the politician is the next best thing after sliced bread.

not everyone does good to get rewarded. if i am able to capture on film/camera any politician doing something illegal, immoral. if i have evidence linking him to illegal/suspect wire transfers, be sure i would throw him right under the bus and even pay out of pocket the good samaritan that would back the bus up over him/her a few times. even if na FASHOLA! angry CALL IT COMMUNITY SERVICE grin
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by bawomolo(m): 6:46pm On May 21, 2009
We have individuals working under these politicians with access to every information that one can think of, all that may be needed is that we buy then a beer or two, or even dash them one Tommy Hilfiger shirt one time and they will bring you all documents showing all you need from their oga!! I think it is time we start applying western 'agbara' with some naija under-g moves in getting what we need

You won't need to do this if the FOI bill was signed. The FOI bill also gives cover to journalists. Freedom of the press is a big issue in Nigeria.
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On May 21, 2009
bawomolo:

You won't need to do this if the FOI bill was signed. The FOI bill also gives cover to journalists. Freedom of the press is a big issue in Nigeria.

First Question: Do we have FOI in Nigeria as of Today May 21, 2009?

If YES, then how come we are not taking advantage of it.
If NO, then why do we not have it?

Do we need to wait for FOI to get signed and put in to law before we do what the @Poster is suggesting we do in this case?

If YES, then we can all be happy and go back to our caves, waiting for that wonderful day when FOI will become law.
IF NO, then what is stopping us from getting information any way we possibly can just as folks like SaharaReport have been to print dirt on those suckers.
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by DisGuy: 8:53pm On May 21, 2009
what the poster is suggesting is what is already in encomium and all those funny magazines in nigeria
no one pay attention to them any more, they and many people just see it as a marketing ploy
you get headlines saying 'chairman impregnates friends daughter!
the politicians dont even blink talk less of feeling ashamed!
in fact the citizen dont even buy the paper- not like they've not heard it before!
all the millions,billions we read in the papers day in day out is part ofd it
the bottomline everyone's grown a thick skin to all these sort of news
the politicians are either accusing their rivals of cooking up stories or pro/anti third term
there's no shame in our culture anymore that is just it!!

We need to put the fear of GUN into these mothafukas!

if we can pay people to get documents we can surely pay people to fire bomb
their family homes
Re: Making Life Difficult For The Lawless Cabals Ruling Nigeria - No Violence Please by asha80(m): 9:01pm On May 21, 2009
The ruling cabal does not feel shame.After obasanjo said so about himself as far as i am concerend violence on them is the answer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What A Man Can Do. . . / S’east Speakers Back Iwu For Re-appointment / Presidential Spokesman, Adeniyi Resigns, Heads To Harvard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.