Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. (24803 Views)

Atheists Let's Discuss God. / UNBELIEVABLE! DISGRACEFUL! Nairaland Atheists see nothing wrong with Bestiality / Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by hahn(m): 5:02pm On Nov 16, 2015
plaetton:

I understand perfectly what you are saying.

But the religious section is the battle front for young minds.

Sure, those of us who could should encourage children and youths to read and expand their minds.

But, I am telling you, as a father of a young teen, the amount of religious poison given to our kids in schools and in church adversely affects their intellects, their scientific curiosity, their imagination.
I see it first hand while discussing oxygen and how plants produce oxygen during photosynthesis. My young teen quickly asserted that god created oxygen. I asked how, she could not explain.
I tried to refresh her mind on how plants produce oxygen. Again She still insisted that god did it. undecided

When I finally asked how she came about that fact, she said her biology teacher said so. undecided

My point is, that we have to, at every given opportunity, push back on religious indoctrination.

Her biology teacher actually said that? undecided

This kind of problem can only be fully rooted out at the roots. We need a government that can enforce the use of common sense and not superstitious crap

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by hahn(m): 5:05pm On Nov 16, 2015
herald9:

Are there really atheists in the the Nigerian government?

I think running for political posts really makes sense, at least if atheists and other free thinkers could infiltrate the government in large numbers and also take up higher administrative positions in our tertiary institutions, that's where they'll have the collective power to reform the system.

The first thing is to tackle our educational sector, review the curriculum and make philosophy and logic a compulsory course, irrespective of the field of study. Also, the history of Nigeria could be made compulsory to all students for at least a session.

Students could also be made to study African traditional religions- all of them. This will help put the Abrahamic religions on the same scale as our traditional religions.

Etc.

GBAM!

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:11pm On Nov 16, 2015
Teempakguy:

meanwhile, science has ALREADY found out how man was created. they named it evolution and your people have so far rejected it. so, what's your stand?

Do you realise either way it still points towards a creator .

Evolution implies gradual change .

Now in the iterative model of software development , the process involves development by specifying and implementing just part of the software . The process is repeated whereby a new version of the software is produced for each cycle of the model . In Human Evolution , there is gradual change and a version - homo erectus , homo habilis etc - is produced during this process .

When building a house . You have your building plan whatever design you want is done by the builders who build according to the plan . After the work is done , the house is supposed to look like whatever is drawn on paper . The design on paper is a product of the mind and the work done is an action of the mind

What does it imply , there is a goal you want to achieve , you have your blue print and whatever method is used to achieve this does not preclude the existence of the mind that begot it .

So can we conclude that God did it through evolution ? And natural processes like natural selection were supposedly the builders God employed to achieve the design of life forms ?
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:15pm On Nov 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
dude . . . how on earth did you enter the university? shocked sad
the misconception here is NOT that, the misconception is that they think that baal exists. alright? that is the misconception. and baal doesn't exist so they were wrong. so he mocked them as we are mocking you.

lemme give you an example mocking of misconceptions.

jesus said to his disciples. these will be the signs that follow those that believe in me. they shall do signs and wonders.

so, do a wonder for me and have a pizza delivered to my door. wink

seriously, i meant that. wink

You really want me to ridicule you . Let's do this .

So since Elijah's God answered him and this is the same God we serve , why do you mock us ?
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by hahn(m): 5:17pm On Nov 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
you also conveniently omitted the last paragraph. science has already discovered how man came about. and they did it using the method you bolded. so crawl back where you came from and ask jesus to gimme that pizza. wink

Errmm, make that two please grin
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:18pm On Nov 16, 2015
herald9:

Are there really atheists in the the Nigerian government?

I think running for political posts really makes sense, at least if atheists and other free thinkers could infiltrate the government in large numbers and also take up higher administrative positions in our tertiary institutions, that's where they'll have the collective power to reform the system.

The first thing is to tackle our educational sector, review the curriculum and make philosophy and logic a compulsory course, irrespective of the field of study. Also, the history of Nigeria could be made compulsory to all students for at least a session.

Students could also be made to study African traditional religions- all of them. This will help put the Abrahamic religions on the same scale as our traditional religions.

Etc.

The North Koreans dare not see this cheesy Ya dead !
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You really want me to ridicule you . Let's do this .

So since Elijah's God answered him and this is the same God we serve , why do you mock us ?
oh he isn't the same God you serve. wink but that's a topic for another day.

now, the reason why we're mocking you is because the story of elijah and the prophets is a story. it's NOT real. it's neither true. nothing of the sort happened.

right?

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:25pm On Nov 16, 2015
plaetton:
Atheism and theism are not opposites.

What kind of nonsense is this? If atheism and theism are not opposite, are you impling that atheism is a state of belief and idea?

Generally, we know theism is a belief. And the opposite of belief is disblief. Atheism as we know is disblieve in the existence of God as opposing to theism which is believe in the existence of God.

Thiests hold the position that a God exist.

Atheists negate this position.

If this isnt opposition I dont know what eslse to call it.

Telling us here atheism and theism are not opposite shows you dont know what you are saying.

plaetton:
One believes in a set of things without proof, the other does not believe same for the very obvious lack of proof.
If theists had a shred of proof for any one of their beliefs, then their beliefs would no longer be a matter of faith.

Theism is the believe that God exist. There is nothing more to add or remove there. The issue if there is a prove for the existence of God is another thing entirely which has nothing to do with theism.

There are evidence for the existence of some theistic Gods everywhere. Some religion took after natural entities as the Gods served in it. The astrolaty religion took celestial bodies as Gods. Polytheistic and animism religion took Nature as God. You, plaetton, on this forum stated that energy is God. While we know this Gods are provable as to their existence, they remain theological body (theism). This put into trashcan your claim that theism believe in something that cannot be proven. It exposes hypocrisy and double-mouthed nature of you who once claimed energy is God and have verifiable proof of existence to turn-around and tell us theism is believe in things that cannot be proven and not opposite to atheism.

No one would prove whom God is when you dont know what you are looking for. Consciousness is God. Energy is God. Reality is God. Illusion is also God. These and many more are concepts of God which different religion embrace.

Consciousness is God of Yoruba religion.

Energy is God in Shaktism.

Reality is Hindu God.

Illution is Hindu satan.

So tell me sir, which concept of God does your atheism negates? Does your atheism applies to some Gods or all Gods?

Lets start from here

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 16, 2015
Stconvict:

Hmmm. That's hard to believe o.
All through my life up until now, all the people I've met physically are konk religious people. My mum even threatened to disown me recently because of my toothfarianism, I had to joke it out to save myself from missing free meals and shelter. grin

Oh yeah, I remember some boys from Philosophy when I was in UNILAG, although we were not friends, but I always heard their heated arguments.
I was a bit radical in school about my toothfarianism, but it didn't get me anywhere except for cheap insults and mockery. You know why already. I had no backup singer. grin

Sometimes I even wonder why I was born to Nigerian parents because if most Nigerians are thinking towards the north, I'm thinking towards the south. Many times I wake up and wonder if everything around me is real. How can so many people be gullible in this part of the world. Why can't they just realise the shit-covered cake they are being offered.

I still think I'm dreaming though. So many people cannot be this dumb. Many of them should have realised as they grow up that they are being fed fairytales. All my life, I've heard of juju and witchcraft and I've not seen any physical (or perhaps spiritual) manifestation of it. People go to church, the fall like trees when pastor touch them. Well many pastors tried that on me, it didn't work. Some even tried applying some force, I stagger back only to regain my balance. The pastor will glance sternly at me and walk away.

Coming to Nairaland to read fellow toothfarians posts seem like the only sane place I can go.

*Sorry for writing so much, all of these just poured out of me. A dude still wondering what the f*ck is wrong with thinking logically.
You neva see juju no mean say e no dey exist.
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by johnydon22(m): 5:27pm On Nov 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

It does or you are begging it to be....

Don't forget in Biological Evolution it implies gradual change in relation to reaction with natural element.

Now in the iterative model of software development , the process involves development by specifying and implementing just part of the software . The process is repeated whereby a new version of the software is produced for each cycle of the model . In Human Evolution , there is gradual change and a version - homo erectus , homo habilis etc - is produced during this process .

You see like i told you before, you and many atheists on this board don't really have a clue on evolutionary mechanism.

Seeing this one would deduct that evolution theory asserts a chainlike modification of trait but thats is not the case.

The evolutionary mechanism is more like a web, branches of species relating to natural environment and factors.

Interactions between these species and mutation and then natural selection leading to extinction and dominance of a surviving branch.

When building a house . You have your building plan whatever design you want is done by the builders who build according to the plan . After the work is done , the house is supposed to look like whatever is drawn on paper . The design on paper is a product of the mind and the work done is an action of the mind

The problem here is that a house doesn't modify and become a 2storied building if you made a bungalow initially..

Reconciling inanimate objects to natural Raw-actions is as flawed as comparing a plastic flower to a real one.

What does it imply , there is a goal you want to achieve , you have your blue print and whatever method is used to achieve this does not preclude the existence of the mind that begot it .

The problem here is that in evolutionary assertion it does not stop, it keeps going in relation to the actions of more factors on the subject . .

So can we conclude that God did it through evolution ? And natural processes like natural selection were supposedly the builders God employed to achieve the design of life forms ?

Ok this is funny....

Am not really sure you understand what natural selection is because it sounds more like you think natural selection is a thing ..

Maybe an angel ?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

but the bible said that God created humans with sand. the bible said we are products of incest.
science says that is not true. there is no unification possible. there are only two options.

1. accept that God created the universe and man from silicon dioxide and that we are product of incest.
2. accept that God did NOT create the universe and that man evolved from lesser primates as science reveals.

there is no third option.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:28pm On Nov 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
oh he isn't the same God you serve. wink but that's a topic for another day.

now, the reason why we're mocking you is because the story of elijah and the prophets is a story. it's NOT real. it's neither true. nothing of the sort happened.

right?

Haha ... You got owned and you are still fighting on . I admire the conspicuous bravery

... can you prove that nobody on the next floor in my hostel sneezed ?
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:33pm On Nov 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
but the bible said that God created humans with sand. the bible said we are products of incest.
science says that is not true. there is no unification possible. there are only two options.

1. accept that God created the universe and man from silicon dioxide and that we are product of incest.
2. accept that God did NOT create the universe and that man evolved from lesser primates as science reveals.

there is no third option.

I'm not sure you know that a word like "allegory" or "figurative" exists . Its left for science to determine if it was done through evolution .

By the way I'm having a discussion with you and not implying the creation story should not be taken as literal or that evolution ever happened
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:39pm On Nov 16, 2015
johnydon22:

I have a question for you dude. I know this is not the right place to ask but pls understand this is the only means I can pass my question across to you. And I belief you wil answer me rightly.

Pls, did man really step foot on Moon?

I saw some videos online and it making me confused as par concluding if the Apollo mission was staged or not. Pls how true was the mission to the moon?
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by johnydon22(m): 5:45pm On Nov 16, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

I have a question for you dude. I know this is not the right place to ask but pls understand this is the only means I can pass my question across to you. And I belief you wil answer me rightly.

Pls, did man really step foot on Moon?

I saw some videos online and it making me confused as par concluding if the Apollo mission was staged or not. Pls how true was the mission to the moon?

Yes i think man really did and there have been 6 of such missions . . . The Apollo missions are factual and satellites have captured images of the Apollo sites

I have seen some of the conspiracy theory videos you might have watched and i would like you to bring the points they proposed so both of us can analyse them and reach a conclusion..

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Haha ... You got owned and you are still fighting on . I admire the conspicuous bravery

... can you prove that nobody on the next floor in my hostel sneezed ?
can you prove that they did? undecided
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I'm not sure you know that a word like "allegory" or "figurative" exists . Its left for science to determine if it was done through evolution .

By the way I'm having a discussion with you and not implying the creation story should not be taken as literal or that evolution ever happened
what?
dude, i just told you that science is already done with that. there's nothing left there. undecided
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:52pm On Nov 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
what?
dude, i just told you that science is already done with that. there's nothing left there. undecided

@johnydon22 ... bro ... I just spotted an ignorant evolutionist smiley
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:54pm On Nov 16, 2015
johnydon22:

Yes man really did and there have 6 of such missions . . . The Apollo missions are factual and satellites have captured images of the Apollo sites

I have seen some of the conspiracy theory videos you might have watched and i would like you to bring the points they proposed so both of us can analyse them and reach a conclusion..

The multiple light source, a radiation belt which a Nasa officer was quoted saying passing through it is yet impossible, the flying flag. There was no stars visible too.

I got the video on Youtube. Many things were mentioned which indicate the mission was staged
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:58pm On Nov 16, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

The multiple light source, a radiation belt which a Nasa officer was quoted saying passing through it is yet impossible, the flying flag. There was no stars visible too.

I got the video on Youtube. Many things were mentioned which indicate the mission was staged

Even Family Guy did a satire on that in one of its episodes grin .

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

@johnydon22 ... bro ... I just spotted an ignorant evolutionist smiley
and what is calling johnydon going to change?

the fact that cancer is being studied under the knowledge of evolution? or what? or the fact that the whole of genetics is now based on the theory of evolution? right.

even if a god set evolution into motion, it was

1. not a personal God.
2. not the abrahamic Gods.

either that or your bible _fucking lied.

peace out . . . and my pizza . . . where the hell is my pizza? hahn, have you gotten yours yet?

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by plaetton: 6:02pm On Nov 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Impaired reasoning

Your non belief is based on absence of proof ? Do you need proof to admit that your pc/phone is designed - performing tasks as requested by you ? I know there is a creator but there are different concepts of this creator which has led to the formation of different religions . Its as simple as that .

Can you name religions that have their creator as uncreated ?

I know who designed my pc and cell phone, silly.
It wasn't an invisible fairy living outside our universe.
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by herald9: 6:04pm On Nov 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

LOL. This is Naija... Not North Korea. At least they are sane enough not to be hijacking other people's religion and culture. Now see how coordinated they are.
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 16, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

hmmmn. and did you attempt to consider certain counter explanations? smiley
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by hahn(m): 6:06pm On Nov 16, 2015
Teempakguy:

the fact that cancer is being studied under the knowledge of evolution? or what? or the fact that the whole of genetics is now based on the theory of evolution? right.

1. not a personal God.

peace out . . . and my pizza . . . where the hell is my pizza? hahn, have you gotten yours yet?

Still waiting bro. I had to drink garri as an appetizer. I have faith though. God will do it grin

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Impaired reasoning

Your non belief is based on absence of proof ? Do you need proof to admit that your pc/phone is designed - performing tasks as requested by you ? I know there is a creator but there are different concepts of this creator which has led to the formation of different religions . Its as simple as that .

Can you name religions that have their creator as uncreated ?

what about islam and judaism?
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:09pm On Nov 16, 2015
Teempakguy:

1. not a personal God.

Obviously before the LCDs were invented the CRTs were used .
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:10pm On Nov 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Even Family Guy did a satire on that in one of its episodes grin .

Seriously the video I watched on Youtube is putting some doubt in my mind about the mission
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:12pm On Nov 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
hmmmn. and did you attempt to consider certain counter explanations? smiley

Let me have it if you have.

I will really appreciate
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by ichommy(m): 6:12pm On Nov 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You dey busy here. I just dey Look you. U never start Exam abi? Oops god will help u write grin
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Stconvict(m): 6:13pm On Nov 16, 2015
timonski:
You neva see juju no mean say e no dey exist.
Oh, so you have seen it before.
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:16pm On Nov 16, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Seriously the video I watched on Youtube is putting some doubt in my mind about the mission

That's what I'm saying , the Family Guy creators already knew of this and decided to ridicule it . You could watch it on Youtube though . Neil Armstrong killed the guy who witnessed the deception in that episode .

But I dont have my doubts . Does it change anything ? Man has made it to Pluto and its real this time .

Or was it staged ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church / Who Is The Most Humblest Man Of God In Nigeria? / Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.