Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

The Allegory Of Adam And Eve - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Allegory Of Adam And Eve (4883 Views)

Allegory Of The Ball / The Evil Apple: Did Adam And Eve Really Eat An Apple? / Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by MrPresident1: 10:18am On Nov 17, 2015
Adam and Eve are both allegories. The story of Adam and Eve is not the story of the creation of the world, it is the story of the creation of man in the image of God, and the subsequent fall of the man that God create in His image. The story of Adam is the story of the fall of Israel, a story told end from the beginning. A good understanding of Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel will clear the mystery of Adam and Eve

Eve is the woman of God, Israel.
God provided leadership, guidance and direction to Israel, His woman, through Adam. The man is the head of the woman, and the head of the man is Christ, and the head of Christ is God.

The forbidden fruit that Eve, Israel, the woman of God ate was idolatry. Eve forsook God and indulged in idolatry with her neighbours.

Eve is just like the church, she is a woman but woman in this sense is a multitude of people. Let us look at it this way:

1 Like

Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by MrPresident1: 10:19am On Nov 17, 2015
Assumptions

Buhari is Almighty God, all powerful and invisible. But Buhari works through ministers who we can call Christ, there are 36 ministers representing 36 states, they are endowed with the spirit of Buhari, Buhari provides leadership, guidance and direction to Nigeria through His ministers, everything that His ministers do, they do so in Him because he has endowed His ministers with all power and authority. Buhari’s ministers like Fashola, Amaechi, Fayemi, Onu etc are his sons, they are Adam, they are Christ. So, we can say that Nigeria is the woman, Buhari all powerful and all invisible, is Nigeria’s husband, now Buhari has given all His power to Fashola et al to act in His name and authority, so they are Adam/Christ.

So Buhari who is Almighty God promised Nigerians, if you will serve me diligently; if you obey me and do only those things that are pleasing in my sight always, I will continue to be with you, I will bless you with all imaginable and unimaginable blessings, I will make your nation Nigeria very great, you will lack nothing, you will be blessed in everything, only obey me, keep my laws, do my will and I will love you and protect you, and I will be with you continually. Do not have any other god but me, do not go over to the evil idolatrous ways of your heathen neighbours, fear me, love me, and live.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by MrPresident1: 10:20am On Nov 17, 2015
God-Buhari
Adam-Ministers (Fashola Amaechi Ocholi Fayemi, Adeosun, Adewole, Onu etc)
Eve-Nigerians
Serpent-Nigeria’s evil neighbours
Tree of the knowledge of good and evil-Idolatry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by MrPresident1: 10:25am On Nov 17, 2015
The Bible represents a multitude of people as one person, Adam are the ministers, Eve are the people. So, Eve, Israel, the woman of God started to sin against God, she started committing adultery with other gods by going after and practicing the evil wicked idolatrous culture and ways of her heathen neighbors.

Genesis 2:9
And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Exodus 34:12
Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee:
13 But ye shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their groves:
14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
15 Lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go a whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice unto their gods, and one call thee, and thou eat of his sacrifice;
16 And thou take of their daughters unto thy sons, and their daughters go a whoring after their gods, and make thy sons go a whoring after their gods.

Isaiah 54:5
For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Ezekiel 23:19-20
Yet she multiplied her whoredoms, in calling to remembrance the days of her youth, wherein she had played the harlot in the land of Egypt.
20 For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses.
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by MrPresident1: 10:28am On Nov 17, 2015
Next lesson, the tree of the life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Stay tuned cheesy cool
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by vooks: 11:23am On Nov 17, 2015
MrPresident1:
Adam and Eve are both allegories. The story of Adam and Eve is not the story of the creation of the world, it is the story of the creation of man in the image of God, and the subsequent fall of the man that God create in His image. The story of Adam is the story of the fall of Israel, a story told end from the beginning. A good understanding of Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel will clear the mystery of Adam and Eve

God provided leadership, guidance and direction to Israel, His woman, through Adam. The man is the head of the woman, and the head of the man is Christ, and the head of Christ is God.

The forbidden fruit that Eve, Israel, the woman of God ate was idolatry. Eve forsook God and indulged in idolatry with her neighbours.

Eve is just like the church, she is a woman but woman in this sense is a multitude of people. Let us look at it this way:
Negro, you are an allegory of idiocy
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by orisa37: 12:33pm On Nov 17, 2015
Yes you are right. The Yorubas got it very right too in the allegory of "The Tortoise and his wife(Ayanribo,from Ogbomosho)". They are the Guides to Authority and Responsibilities in our lives.
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:39pm On Nov 17, 2015
What is the tree of life?

Is it really a tree?
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by mcfynest(m): 2:24pm On Nov 17, 2015
MrPresident1:

Yes, it is allegorical, but some things dont add up.

What does this mean?
Genesis 2:18 KJV
And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

Was He saying Jesus should not leave alone?

Based on this, it means there were other nations existing during this time. Was God not aware of it? Why did He just notice it in Gen 1 v 2?

What does this mean??
Genesis 1:1-2 KJV
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. [2] And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Kingdoms=heaven and earth?

If yes, then isreal is heaven and earth is the gentile nations.

I am trying to make sense out of your post....

Thanks sire
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by MrPresident1: 4:42pm On Nov 17, 2015
@ mcfynest

What does this mean?
And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

Based on this, it means there were other nations existing during this time. Was God not aware of it? Why did He just notice it in Gen 1 v 2?

The estimated age of the Bible is just about 6,000 years old, but science proves to us that the earth is billions of years old, if you understand how the Bible was written you will find out that both the Bible and science are correct. The creation of Adam is the creation of man in the image and likeness of God; the Laws of God is God Himself. There were other people on the earth, but the discovery of the knowledge of God, or better still God revealing Himself to a select group of men that he called Adam is actually the creation of man. All other men before this creation were called birds of the air or beasts of the field; human beings without the knowledge of God. Every human being without the Laws of God is essentially a beast hence descriptions as birds and beasts and cattle and creeping things.

The entire story of the Bible is actually of love, a love story between a man and a woman, a marriage, it is a story that shows that God acknowledges that genuine love between a man and a woman is the most beautiful thing in the world. God found Adam; God is the head of Adam, Eve was created for Adam; Adam is the head of Eve; it was actually a culling of people into the ways of God. Israelites were culled out of Assyrians, the Assyrian people that followed the Adam who had discovered the knowledge of God are Eve. This is why Adam called Eve bone of his bones. It was a culling out of people; Adam and Eve like-minded people culled out from the Assyrian nation. This is Ezekiel calling Israel an Assyrian:
Ezekiel 31:3
Behold, the Assyrian was a cedar in Lebanon with fair branches, and with a shadowing shroud, and of an high stature; and his top was among the thick boughs.

What does this mean??
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. [2] And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Thanks sire

Jeremiah 4:23 explains Genesis 1:2
Jeremiah 4:23
I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

Why was the earth without form and void? the earth was without form and void because it was void of the knowledge of God, the knowledge of God brings form and order. Israel was the heavens and the gentile nations were the earth, the gentile nations do not have the knowledge of God, it is the duty of heaven, Israel, to present this Laws to them, thereby civilizing them. Unfortunately, the heavens corrupted themselves too.

Waters:
Revelation 17:15
And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest...are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

1 Like

Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by MrPresident1: 4:45pm On Nov 17, 2015
vooks:

Negro, you are an allegory of idiocy

I called you a brother once, you will be proper henceforth or you will see your head smashed against a wall. grin
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by vooks: 5:17pm On Nov 17, 2015
MrPresident1:

I called you a brother once, you will be proper henceforth or you will see your head smashed against a wall. grin
Weed is bad for you my broda ooo

1 Like

Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by MrPresident1: 5:35pm On Nov 17, 2015
vooks:

Weed is bad for you my broda ooo

Read vooks my friend and decouple your mind from ancient fairy-tales.

lol @ weed, what does it look like?
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by lepasharon(f): 5:51pm On Nov 17, 2015
Now you Christians are coming out to say the adam and eve story isn't real because you know how ridiculous it sounds. Making more rationizations. Maybe the whole bible is fictional ?
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 17, 2015
lepasharon:
Now you Christians are coming out to say the adam and eve story isn't real because you know how ridiculous it sounds. Making more rationizations. Maybe the whole bible is fictional ?

cheesy
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by MrPresident1: 6:33pm On Nov 17, 2015
lepasharon:

Allegories are not fiction.
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by vooks: 6:48pm On Nov 17, 2015
MrPresident1:

Read vooks my friend and decouple your mind from ancient fairy-tales.

lol @ weed, what does it look like?
I can't reduce my IQ even if it killed me
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by MrPresident1: 10:23am On Nov 18, 2015
This is the summary of the forbidden fruit that Adam and Eve partook in:

Jeremiah 32:32
32 Because of all the evil of the children of Israel and of the children of Judah, which they have done to provoke me to anger, they, their kings, their princes, their priests, and their prophets, and the men of Judah, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

2 Chronicles 36:14
Moreover all the chief of the priests, and the people, transgressed very much after all the abominations of the heathen; and polluted the house of the LORD which he had hallowed in Jerusalem.

Adam was the chief priests, the princes, the kings, and the prophets.
Eve was the people.

Eve, the people started doing evil, Adam, the rulers also joined in the evil works. God sent them many messengers, 'repent from evil', 'change from your wicked ways', 'show remorse and I will be merciful to you', but they refused. They continued to wallow in iniquity, until there was no more remedy, until they could no longer be salvaged, they had been utterly corrupted. He turned His face from them, He showed them the back He drove them away from His face, their land became desolate, they became naked and useless.

2 Chronicles 36:14-16
Moreover all the chief of the priests, and the people, transgressed very much after all the abominations of the heathen; and polluted the house of the LORD which he had hallowed in Jerusalem.
15 And the LORD God of their fathers sent to them by his messengers, rising up betimes, and sending; because he had compassion on his people, and on his dwelling place:
16 But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against his people, till there was no remedy.

2 Likes

Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by MrPresident1: 10:37am On Nov 18, 2015
[b]Deuteronomy 32:16
They provoked him to jealousy with strange gods, with abominations provoked they him to anger.
17 They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not.
18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.
19 And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them, because of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters.
20 And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.
21 They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.
22 For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.
23 I will heap mischiefs upon them; I will spend mine arrows upon them.
24 They shall be burnt with hunger, and devoured with burning heat, and with bitter destruction: I will also send the teeth of beasts upon them, with the poison of serpents of the dust.
25 The sword without, and terror within, shall destroy both the young man and the virgin, the suckling also with the man of gray hairs.
26 I said, I would scatter them into corners, I would make the remembrance of them to cease from among men:

[/b]
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by UyiIredia(m): 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2015
MrPresident1:
Next lesson, the tree of the life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Stay tuned cheesy cool

Cool. I wonder how you intend to connect it with the analogy of Nigeria.
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by UyiIredia(m): 4:06pm On Nov 18, 2015
lepasharon:

The day is coming when people will question the existence of those who questioned the existence of Jesus and God. I for like question the existence of Epicurus.
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 18, 2015
MrPresident1:
@ mcfynest

What does this mean?

[b]The estimated age of the Bible is just about 6,000 years old, but science proves to us that the earth is billions of years old, if you understand how the Bible was written you will find out that both the Bible and science are correct. The creation of Adam is the creation of man in the image and likeness of God; the Laws of God is God Himself. There were other people on the earth, but the discovery of the knowledge of God, or better still God revealing Himself to a select group of men that he called Adam is actually the creation of man. All other men before this creation were called birds of the air or beasts of the field; human beings without the knowledge of God. Every human being without the Laws of God is essentially a beast hence descriptions as birds and beasts and cattle and creeping things.

The entire story of the Bible is actually of love, a love story between a man and a woman, a marriage, it is a story that shows that God acknowledges that genuine love between a man and a woman is the most beautiful thing in the world. God found Adam; God is the head of Adam, Eve was created for Adam; Adam is the head of Eve; it was actually a culling of people into the ways of God. Israelites were culled out of Assyrians, the Assyrian people that followed the Adam who had discovered the knowledge of God are Eve. This is why Adam called Eve bone of his bones. It was a culling out of people; Adam and Eve like-minded people culled out from the Assyrian nation. This is Ezekiel calling Israel an Assyrian:
Ezekiel 31:3
Behold, the Assyrian was a cedar in Lebanon with fair branches, and with a shadowing shroud, and of an high stature; and his top was among the thick boughs.
[/b]

What does this mean??

Thanks sire

Jeremiah 4:23 explains Genesis 1:2
Jeremiah 4:23
I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

Why was the earth without form and void? the earth was without form and void because it was void of the knowledge of God, the knowledge of God brings form and order. Israel was the heavens and the gentile nations were the earth, the gentile nations do not have the knowledge of God, it is the duty of heaven, Israel, to present this Laws to them, thereby civilizing them. Unfortunately, the heavens corrupted themselves too.

Waters:
Revelation 17:15
And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest...are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

If the waters in Rev were peoples n The Spirit moved upon the water in Genesis, does it mean the spirit moved upon people in genesis?
But I thought da earth was void?

1 Like

Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 18, 2015
According to the Bible God created man in his own image.

Is God's image like Buhari?

Are the entire children of Isreal God's image?

Who is "man" allegorically?
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by MrPresident1: 10:42am On Nov 19, 2015
Dnacode:

If the waters in Rev were peoples n The Spirit moved upon the water in Genesis, does it mean the spirit moved upon people in genesis?
But I thought da earth was void?

Israel was chosen by the Most High God as the nation to first get the knowledge of Him, and the mandate given to Israel was to go into the world and multiply. Go into the world and make more people Godly, go and share my knowledge to the world, let others know me, civilize the nations with my knowledge. Waters in this context means peoples.

The earth was void means the earth was void of the knowledge of God Jeremiah 4:23 explains this. You can start reading from verse one to understand the context. They were so given to idolatry that the knowledge of God in them disappeared, they became void. No God= voidness of mind soul and spirit.
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by MrPresident1: 10:49am On Nov 19, 2015
UyiIredia:

Cool. I wonder how you intend to connect it with the analogy of Nigeria.

Israel, the woman of God, fled into the wilderness.

Revelation 12:1,6
12 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God,

That wilderness is Africa, land of Ham, home of the dead.

Negroes are not aboriginal Africans. Aboriginal Africans are Fulani, Ethiopians, Somali, Djibouti etc.
Negroes are Semitic and not Hamitic.
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 19, 2015
MrPresident1:

Israel was chosen by the Most High God as the nation to first get the knowledge of Him, and the mandate given to Israel was to go into the world and multiply. Go into the world and make more people Godly, go and share my knowledge to the world, let others know me, civilize the nations with my knowledge. Waters in this context means peoples.

The earth was void means the earth was void of the knowledge of God Jeremiah 4:23 explains this. You can start reading from verse one to understand the context. They were so given to idolatry that the knowledge of God in them disappeared, they became void. No God= voidness of mind soul and spirit.

but it also said that the earth was without form too.
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by urahara(m): 11:01am On Nov 19, 2015
MrPresident1:

I admire the fact that u realise that the story of Adam and eve is dumb if taking literally. But I dislike the fact that u make use of dishonest means to make the story sound sensible. The Bible was clear that Adam and eve were real people.
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by MrPresident1: 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
Dnacode:

but it also said that the earth was without form too.

It is the presence of God that brings form and order and fills void.

A life without the knowledge of God is without form and void.
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by MrPresident1: 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
urahara:

I admire the fact that u realise that the story of Adam and eve is dumb if taking literally. But I dislike the fact that u make use of dishonest means to make the story sound sensible. The Bible was clear that Adam and eve were real people.

I need you to show me where I said Adam and Eve are not real people, please show me.

Read the thread, by the way.
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by MrPresident1: 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
Pyrrho:
According to the Bible God created man in his own image.

Is God's image like Buhari?

Are the entire children of Isreal God's image?

Who is "man" allegorically?

I used illustrations to drive home my point, I never said God's image is like Buhari. I tried to breakdown the allegory using a parallel that I thought many people will be able to relate with.

God's image is His Word, The more of His Word you imbibe in yourself, the more you conform to His image.

Allegorically, the man God created was Israel. Israel received the knowledge of God, this was the creation of Adam, the creation of the first man.
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by urahara(m): 1:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
MrPresident1:

I need you to show me where I said Adam and Eve are not real people, please show me.

So u seriously believe they existed.
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by vooks: 1:17pm On Nov 19, 2015
MrPresident1:

Was there ever an individual called Adam?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It's about genuine Love (Summary of GOD's Commandments) / From Serapis Christos To Iesus (Jesus) Christos (Jesus Christ) / Is Lust Wrong Even In Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.