Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,277 members, 7,836,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

The Allegory Of Adam And Eve - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Allegory Of Adam And Eve (4941 Views)

Allegory Of The Ball / The Evil Apple: Did Adam And Eve Really Eat An Apple? / Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by MrPresident1: 8:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Hmmm ...

I dont like Christians who pretend to be perspicacious about the writings in the bible . If it is not clear enough the Holy Spirit is there :

John 14:26

Do you know this implies that Jesus never existed on earth . If I'm wrong please do elucidate .

Please elucidate on the bolded.

Jesus walked, but Jesus is not one single person. Under the name Jesus is 144,000 persons.

1 Corinthians 15:23
But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Revelations 7:5-8
Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand....

Revelations 14:4
These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

Revelations 7:9
After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Christ is the firstfruits to God, 144,000 men, followed by the great multitude redeemed from all nations and kindred of the earth.
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:34pm On Nov 19, 2015
MrPresident1:

Please elucidate on the bolded.

Jesus walked, but Jesus is not one single person. Under the name Jesus is 144,000 persons.

1 Corinthians 15:23
But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Revelations 7:5-8
Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand....

Revelations 14:4
These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

Revelations 7:9
After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Christ is the firstfruits to God, 144,000 men, followed by the great multitude redeemed from all nations and kindred of the earth.

I mean like trying to give meaning to some events that are not clear enough in the bible and try to hold it as irrefutably true

Calm down bro . This is too much to take in . Here are some questions I will like you to answer

1. Do you believe in the Trinity - The Father , The Son and the Holy Spirit ?

2. Did Jesus actually die on the cross and resurrect , on earth

3. Did figures like Paul , Timothy , John in the new testament exist on earth ?

4. Can explain allegory in your own words ?

1 Like

Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by MrPresident1: 8:41pm On Nov 19, 2015
@ KingEbukasBlog

I mean like trying to give meaning to some events that are not clear enough in the bible and try to hold it as irrefutably true

Calm down bro . This is too much to take in . Here are some questions I will like you to answer

Yes. God is the father. Jesus is his human representation; fully God fully man. The Holy spirit is the Word that helps us to conform more and more to His image.

There was a death, a painful loss of power, a descent into the grave, and a resurrection. He will come back, shortly.

They are all cover names under which are a number of people all represented as singular persons

The use of imagery and symbol to convey knowledge

for example, you think these are actual cedar trees?

Psalm 104:16
The trees of the LORD are full of sap; the cedars of Lebanon, which he hath planted;
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:47pm On Nov 19, 2015
MrPresident1:

There was a death, a painful loss of power, a descent into the grave, and a resurrection. He will come back, shortly.

This is not clear enough . Please explain

So there was no actual death on the cross and resurrection from the dead ?
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by vooks: 3:20am On Nov 20, 2015
[size=1pt]
MrPresident1:

vooks the 'imbe', chai cry, I pity your race cry, the prophecies are blood curdling. cry

Please vooks, I beg you, run for your life cry

Deuteronomy 32:41
If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me.
42 I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.
43 Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people.

cry
[/size]
Brain is a terrible thing to waste. But fortunately for you, it's so little so no biggie
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by vooks: 4:19am On Nov 20, 2015
[size=1pt]Y
MrPresident1:
@ KingEbukasBlog

Yes. God is the father. Jesus is his human representation; fully God fully man. The Holy spirit is the Word that helps us to conform more and more to His image.

They are all cover names under which are a number of people all represented as singular persons

The use of imagery and symbol to convey knowledge

for example, you think these are actual cedar trees?

Psalm 104:16
The trees of the LORD are full of sap; the cedars of Lebanon, which he hath planted;

[/size]

God is a biblical character. What is the cover name God,Lord,YHWH,Elohim representing?
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by mcfynest(m): 7:19am On Nov 20, 2015
Dnacode:

but it also said that the earth was without form too.

They never had the knowledge of God
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by MrPresident1: 3:06pm On Nov 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

This is not clear enough . Please explain

So there was no actual death on the cross and resurrection from the dead ?

You need to understand the reason why Christ had to die, then you will be able to understand what the crucifixion, death and resurrection of Christ means.

A quick run through:
God loved Israel, God married Israel, Israel forsook God, she dabbled in adultery, she divorced God. According to the Law when a woman divorces her husband, she is gone forever, even if her new husband dies she cannot return to her old husband, the only solution being that either the woman dies and come back to marry the man, or if the man loves her to that extent he dies and then come back to marry his wife. God chose to die for His wife.

[b]God married Israel
Jeremiah 3:14
Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you:

Israel would not listen to her husband
Ezekiel 16:20
Moreover thou hast taken thy sons and thy daughters, whom thou hast borne unto me, and these hast thou sacrificed unto them to be devoured. [Is this] of thy whoredoms a small matter,
21 That thou hast slain my children, and delivered them to cause them to pass through [the fire] for them?

Israel herself forsook God
Isaiah 50:1
Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away.

What the Law says
Jeremiah 3:1
They say, If a man put away his wife, and she go from him, and become another man's, shall he return unto her again? shall not that land be greatly polluted? but thou hast played the harlot with many lovers; yet return again to me, saith the LORD.

Deuteronomy 24:4
Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled; for that is abomination before the LORD: and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.
[/b]

God loved His wife so much that He was unwilling to allow her to die John 3:16, he incarnated and came to die for her (and by extension the whole world). God incarnated in 144,000 men collectively called Christ. God had to die. God died.

From the foregoing, you will see that the death of Christ is not a physical death, it was the death of God in Christ, and the devolution of super-human extraordinary men into mere mortals, this is the meaning of the death of Christ. Christ became like a mere mortal, a mere mortal human being. It is the most painful thing thing in the world, to lose power. This is the death of Christ.

You can draw a parallel with how GEJ conceded victory so that Nigeria will not go up in flames; so that Nigeria will not die, self sacrifice built on love, honour and integrity.

They were all rendered in symbols.

I created a thread on how to understand the mysteries of the Bible, how to understand the writings of the prophets
https://www.nairaland.com/2745637/how-understand-bible-books-isaiah

You have to start reading for yourself.
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by vooks: 3:19pm On Nov 20, 2015
[size=1pt]
MrPresident1:

You need to understand the reason why Christ had to die, then you will be able to understand what the crucifixion, death and resurrection of Christ means.

A quick run through:
God loved Israel, God married Israel, Israel forsook God, she dabbled in adultery, she divorced God. According to the Law when a woman divorces her husband, she is gone forever, even if her new husband dies she cannot return to her old husband, the only solution being that either the woman dies and come back to marry the man, or if the man loves her to that extent he dies and then come back to marry his wife. God chose to die for His wife.

[b]God married Israel
Jeremiah 3:14
Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you:

Israel would not listen to her husband
Ezekiel 16:20
Moreover thou hast taken thy sons and thy daughters, whom thou hast borne unto me, and these hast thou sacrificed unto them to be devoured. [Is this] of thy whoredoms a small matter,
21 That thou hast slain my children, and delivered them to cause them to pass through [the fire] for them?

Israel herself God
Isaiah 50:1
Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away.

What the Law says
Jeremiah 3:1
They say, If a man put away his wife, and she go from him, and become another man's, shall he return unto her again? shall not that land be greatly polluted? but thou hast played the harlot with many lovers; yet return again to me, saith the LORD.

Deuteronomy 24:4
Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled; for that is abomination before the LORD: and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.
[/b]

God loved His wife so much that He was unwilling to allow her to die John 3:16, he incarnated and came to die for her (and by extension the whole world). God incarnated in 144,000 men collectively called Christ. God had to die. God died.

From the foregoing, you will see that the death of Christ is not a physical death, it was the death of God in Christ, and the devolution of super-human extraordinary men into mere mortals, this is the meaning of the death of Christ. Christ became like a mere mortal, a mere mortal human being. It is the most painful thing thing in the world, to lose power. This is the death of Christ.

You can draw a parallel with how GEJ conceded victory so that Nigeria will not go up in flames; so that Nigeria will not die, self sacrifice built on love, honour and integrity.

They were all rendered in symbols.

I created a thread on how to understand the mysteries of the Bible, how to understand the writings of the prophets
https://www.nairaland.com/2745637/how-understand-bible-books-isaiah

You have to start reading for yourself.
[/size]
WHEN did Christ (144K supermen) die and resurrect(if at all) What point in time/history?
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by MrPresident1: 3:26pm On Nov 20, 2015
vooks:
[size=1pt][/size]
WHEN did Christ (144K supermen) die and resurrect? What point in time?

Kiss my ass grin
Re: The Allegory Of Adam And Eve by vooks: 3:28pm On Nov 20, 2015
MrPresident1:

Kiss my ass grin
Done it

WHEN did Christ (144K supermen) die and resurrect(if at all) What point in time/history?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

21 Days Hallelujah Challenge With Nathaniel Bassey "OPEN HEAVENS" / Artificial Insemination, A Sin? / 5 Interesting And Shocking Facts About Sunday For Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.