Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Should He Leave His Current Job? Help - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should He Leave His Current Job? Help (14812 Views)

Soldier Wins Over 50million Naira In Betnaija. Will He Leave The Military Or Not / Pls Help Me.should I Drop My Current Job? / In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should He Leave His Current Job? Help by oshinbanjo: 8:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
130k no even get u a room in Ajegunle for 2yrs, not 2 talk of t fare & others.
Re: Should He Leave His Current Job? Help by Laredojohn(m): 8:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
With my experience of a sibling that lives and works @ib, your 130k in lagos is not up to your 80k plus in ib, the cost of living in ib is far less, talk of house rent, cost of transportation, feeding, coupled with the stress, also staying close to u family, it's my opinion I might b wrong...but if I was in you shoes will stick to ib, could still get a better offer in ib than lag
Re: Should He Leave His Current Job? Help by tammie24: 8:22pm On Nov 19, 2015
please dont b a local champion
Re: Should He Leave His Current Job? Help by Arsenate(m): 8:32pm On Nov 19, 2015
slimmy05:
poverty don enter your bloodstream
mtsweee. Like Lagos traffic differentiate between the poor and rich. Stay there Dey deceive yasef. Guys with average income in most parts of naija have better standard of living than most you so called big boys in Lagos. Nothing beats getting to ones destination on time and living in a sane serene environment without having to pay through your nose.
Lagos is all hype.

1 Like

Re: Should He Leave His Current Job? Help by mrlaw93(m): 8:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
aduragbemisteve:

LIVING not leaving, you should have been taught how to avoid such error in 200l. Maybe you were affected by the country's education sys. too
Ur brain should tel u dat was a typo-error.. Yes! it is in the University u started learning spellings.. I tot datz supposed to be in ur primary skul.. ode oshi
Re: Should He Leave His Current Job? Help by litaninja(m): 9:01pm On Nov 19, 2015
Is this person aware of the expenses of merely existing in lagos
Re: Should He Leave His Current Job? Help by woodmood: 9:05pm On Nov 19, 2015
mykel231:
Phd holder still seeking advice from an online forum hijacked by teens,what a shame.If you can't make decisions yourself,I wonder how you got your Phd.So pathetic.Don't worry,I'll ask my little girl to advise you.

Best comment thus far.
Indeed, Phd holder seeking advice from online forum populated by teens.
These days, kids can hardly think by themselves.
Soon, you will see a degree holder asking why it is necessary to brush the teeth in the morning.

2 Likes

Re: Should He Leave His Current Job? Help by Farkson(m): 10:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
Eintelekt:
Endtime

U go school at all ? What does ds as to do with end time now. Olodorogbodo Smh...

1 Like

Re: Should He Leave His Current Job? Help by raphoo(m): 10:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
commitcrime:
U don't need advice from NLders Bros.
Go and ask Ifa or fortune tellers

PhD means nothing to nigerian employers nowadays.

My take. 80k in ib is more than 150k in lagos

#Good bye
na only u talk sense i support
Re: Should He Leave His Current Job? Help by 6fit(f): 10:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
Jobabori:

If he is your husband you will hurriedly pack his load to Lagos while you stay in Ibadan in order to make you free to have ample opportunities to attend to your ' friends'

so how does my comment affect u?
Re: Should He Leave His Current Job? Help by ada2604(f): 11:15pm On Nov 19, 2015
dear O.P my candid opinion is that u stick to ur I.b job, yes Lagos can create more opportunities for u but still to go to Lagos for a 130k job hoping for mor opportunities isn't convincing to me, coz to start wit if DAT company in Lagos is really holding ground, dey won't b offering a PhD holder 130k for a senior position, so kip spending more tym with ur family nd try spreading ur link and connection in Lagos nd don't tink of moving until somtin realistic of not less Dan 300k comz around, itz Lagos we talkin of hear o, d stress, standard of living nd all. O.p we talking Ph.d o, dey sef knw itz not beans.
Re: Should He Leave His Current Job? Help by cmon(m): 11:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
Oga, if getting more money is the problem, why not invest in something that you and your wife can run. That way you get more money, less stress, better apartment you can furnish tastefully (if you intend to move out). Then come for vacation in Lagos if you're looking for activity.
Re: Should He Leave His Current Job? Help by Honestly1: 11:31pm On Nov 19, 2015
A phd holder that needs us to think for him. Mtchew.
Re: Should He Leave His Current Job? Help by ideology(m): 12:07am On Nov 20, 2015
If money is your motivation you will regret …
Re: Should He Leave His Current Job? Help by greggng: 1:04am On Nov 20, 2015
are you sure he actually had good phd not the type gej has o. if the answer is yes then , one wonders what he is doing with 80k and 130k job. i think he should start a career of lecturing in the universities or polytechnics. So many teaching opportunities in both private and public universities..
Re: Should He Leave His Current Job? Help by MrsAnyanwu(f): 7:26am On Nov 20, 2015
mrlaw93:
Imagine a Ph.d holder leaving in his father house with his own family.. I smh for him.. Y won't he be scared of taking challenge when he has shun responsibilities.. Wat is education in dis country sef?
why would u talk lyk dis sef? Who told u he has Shun responsibilities? Can 80k rest him a one bedroom flat, he is lucky his father being a wise man, left a house for him, pls d economy is really diminishing if u havent noticed........

1 Like

Re: Should He Leave His Current Job? Help by mikolo80: 8:24am On Nov 20, 2015
englishmart:
you love your job because it keeps you closer to your family, and. It's stress free right? Has your closeness to your family increased your earnings?
I believe with your PhD, you wouldn't be assigned to do any much of a stressful job. Relocate your family and become the big boy God has destined you to be
don't mind this chap
remove rent and transport
add stress and easy sack
you better stay in the village and farm and hammer
don't mind all these lagosians that are looking for who will come and follow them to suffer
Re: Should He Leave His Current Job? Help by multicolored(f): 9:51am On Nov 20, 2015
I will go for the first option.
Re: Should He Leave His Current Job? Help by 400billionman: 12:03pm On Nov 20, 2015
Mathematically. Rent = N30,000 monthly.

Transport fare = N10,000 monthly.

N40,000 gone.

Is N10,000 worth the stress on the Lagos traffic ?
Re: Should He Leave His Current Job? Help by Curare: 4:55pm On Nov 20, 2015
My man, just look for another job in any other state other than Lagos.

You are a PhD holder, e no go too hard you again.

This Lagos waka no be your destiny.

You still have it good.

Be grateful as such.

Shikena!
Re: Should He Leave His Current Job? Help by EmmyDe25(m): 8:02am On Nov 22, 2015
commitcrime:
U don't need advice from NLders Bros.
Go and ask Ifa or fortune tellers

PhD means nothing to nigerian employers nowadays.

My take. 80k in ib is more than 150k in lagos

#Good bye
First sensible post. I'm just dazed seeing people advice the brother to take up the Lagos job. When the differential is just 50k. Have they factored in the cost of transportation, feeding, apartment, children tuition fees, etc before arriving at this conclusion?
End of the day, you would realize earning 200k in Lagos is more like earning 50k in a place like Ibadan.
My advice: Stay put and keep looking for a better place. In the real sense of things, if we are to consider the fact that you are a P'hd holder, then a 130k job in Lagos is rather demeaning and condescending. Moving from Ibadan to Lagos on this current salary scale will only review your social mobility downward.
Re: Should He Leave His Current Job? Help by EmmyDe25(m): 8:13am On Nov 22, 2015
anitank:
If he loves his job, why was he looking for another?
Sweetheart, for most Nigerians, the question doesnt lie in loving your job, it's in how much your monthly take home is....There has to be something in exchange for the passion you exude about the job. You can blame such sagacity on the current economic realities in the country. However, on OP's case, he shouldnt even consider Lagos as an option when all variables are compared.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! / Ican Professional Examination Result Is Out / Father Christmas Shares Gifts To LEADERSHIP Newspaper Staff (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.