Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,057 members, 7,835,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators (51233 Views)

Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) / FG Bans Conference Bags, T-shirts, Souvenirs, At Workshops, Seminars / Anytime I Pass Throu These Roads To My Hometown, I Cant But Curse Jonathan & PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by HastaCuando(m): 8:18pm On Nov 18, 2015
In as much as it will be a move to take, I don't think its the right time. Let there be considerable improvement in the level of power supply first. In fact, there is no need to even take the move as consistency in power supply will naturally kick such things out of the system before a ban is even placed.

............ in another news Federal Government Scholars in China still going hungry as a result of unpaid scholarship allowances. Since January 2015, and still counting.... and our government care less. When these scholars start protesting, they would be tagged unpatriotic or better still an embarrassment to the nation. Yet nobody cares of what they are currently undergoing in trying to make ends meet. cry cry cry
All the PMB eyes on nairaland. This is where you do your relay work!....
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 18, 2015
LEGALAide:

Seems my comment got to you.
Too bad!
Next time use only your brain to think.
Or get kicked hard.
Check out my signature whenever you need sense.
Thank me later.

Self-obsession. Scamper off!
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 18, 2015
Politicos:

Self-obsession. Scamper off!
laughs...
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Acjohn(m): 8:51pm On Nov 18, 2015
indigene:

What is been said here lies on health and environmental issue. I have one which I regret buying, if you re anywhere near or within the FCT, I can give it to free with its accompanied problems
The ban came too late.
The ban is necessary but it becomes a punishment when the government doesn't provide alternative. there are barbers in almost every Street most of which are not learned or skilled in other respect that is the source of their lively hood. I know so many skilled persons that are living miserable lives cos they don't have power for their work but the I pass my neighbour has given them hope. The noise is bad, the smoke is dangerous they know that too. give them alternative and I tell you, you won't need to ban it before they do away with it.

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 18, 2015
Is the FG saying that these small generators harm the environment more than Big diesel generators? Their researchers should be flogged. So how the heck do they expect the poor man to power his home when these idiots don't give him electricity.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Ebonyls: 10:28pm On Nov 18, 2015
Selectively banning I pass my neighbour which is Wat micro businesses use e to power thier business and hones since we cannot get the PHCN power on a demand....is a very wrong move by government. The big diesel powered generators nko, billowing black pullutants into the air all over naija?

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 18, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
I weep for Naija. From my extimation, only about 5% of the people on this thread understand the position of the FG. The ban was not on the ground of power, but health.
Considering that some bigger generating sets cause more harm to the enviroment than these small ones, I find the ban rather pointless. BTW did they provide an alternative for the low income earners who can't afford Mikano plants to power their One room apartments (**sarcastic**)

2 Likes

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by mindtricks: 11:17pm On Nov 18, 2015
ransomed:
::-- The same poor you are defending are the ones that die of Carbon monoxide ( Co) poisoning emanating from two strokes engine. The alternative of 4-strokes is available in the market and affordable to the "poor" as well. Our fuel contains up to 1500ppm of Sulphur and "i pass my neighbour" cannot completely burn the mixture of PMS and its constituents and Diesel thereby releasing obnoxious , choking smell that inhibits breathing and ultimately introduce Carbon monoxide into blood stream which finally de-oxygenate the heamoglobin leading to terminal cycle( death). There is a National program on low sulphur in fuel in December at Chelsea Hotel CBD, Abuja. The aim to bring the sulphur content down from 1500ppm to 50ppm for PMS and from 2500ppm to 100ppm for diesel by the year 2020. If you love the masses, you will support the phasing out of 2-strokes engines(i past my neighbour). Thanks.

I hear sir. They must hasten up and first fix power as a measure to see all those little generators even naturally disappear together with the attendant pollution, rather than always go the fire Brigade approach. The poor deserve to have their peace.
Recall, it's a generator economy we are running. In Nigeria, it's a taboo for you not own a generator.

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by shammah1(m): 3:11am On Nov 19, 2015
Another detected APC sympathizer wailing. Open your eyes soon sir
PassingShot:
Wow!
I find this difficult to accept as the right thing to do atm.

Provide electricity and watch the business of importing "I pass my neighbor" die naturally.

Wrong move imo.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Adminisher: 3:25am On Nov 19, 2015
Stupid post. Some young people in Nigeria have lost vision completely.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Nobody: 3:54am On Nov 19, 2015
confused President who doesnt know the way forward.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by PassingShot(m): 6:02am On Nov 19, 2015
shammah1:
Another detected APC sympathizer wailing. Open your eyes soon sir
Check the meaning of wailing and get back to me.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by silver614: 6:53am On Nov 19, 2015
useles govt.all dis useless leaders wl die unnatural death bc of der wickdnes.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:06am On Nov 19, 2015
mykel20:
Considering that some bigger generating sets cause more harm to the enviroment than these small ones, I find the ban rather pointless. BTW did they provide an alternative for the low income earners who can't afford Mikano plants to power their One room apartments (**sarcastic**)
Are Mikano and "I-Better-Pass-My-Neighbour the only generators in Nigeria? Go to rural Bomadi, Patani, Burutu, Sagbama, etc in Delta and Bayelsa states, where there is prevelance of poverty, you will people with nothing more than two rooms making use of elepaq, honda, yamaha, etc that you can use in powering refigerators and pumping machines.

Don't get me wrong. I also make use of the just baned generator when I'm not pumping water or powering the refigerator, whenever I want to watch movies or the news.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by ransomed: 7:43am On Nov 19, 2015
mindtricks:

I hear sir. They must hasten up and first fix power as a measure to see all those little generators even naturally disappear together with the attendant pollution, rather than always go the fire Brigade approach. The poor deserve to have their peace.
Recall, it's a generator economy we are running. In Nigeria, it's a taboo for you not own a generator.
::-- Your recommendation is noted. Thanks.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 10:01am On Nov 19, 2015
grin
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Kposkila: 6:11pm On Nov 23, 2015
LEGALAide:

yimu.
Engineering Drop out.

Hater spotted, mental patient on the lose!
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by francizy(m): 2:09pm On Nov 24, 2015
Xano:
Wow!
This is ill-advised and uncalled for. This FG choose to ban the most common capacity of generator in the country. Generator used by students, small saloons, phone/electronic repairers, residential occupants (especially rural communities),etc. Power generation in the country is unstable and not sufficient. Power distribution do not reach rural communities in this country.

Very funny decision.

God bless you oh jare!

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by femzysticks(m): 5:46am On Dec 02, 2015
Xano:
Wow!
This is ill-advised and uncalled for. This FG choose to ban the most common capacity of generator in the country. Generator used by students, small saloons, phone/electronic repairers, residential occupants (especially rural communities),etc. Power generation in the country is unstable and not sufficient. Power distribution do not reach rural communities in this country.

Very funny decision.

Don't you think we have imported enough to give us the basic knowledge to produce something similar??

I don't think federal govt. Will ban the once made in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Senator Bala Ibn'Nallah's Dress Code To An Event Right? (pics) / Osinbajo Spotted At US Airport As Nigerians Commend His Simplicity / Obasanjo Wearing Cherubim And Seraphim Church Full Regalia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.