Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,426 members, 7,836,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators (51240 Views)

Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) / FG Bans Conference Bags, T-shirts, Souvenirs, At Workshops, Seminars / Anytime I Pass Throu These Roads To My Hometown, I Cant But Curse Jonathan & PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by devilishM: 3:37pm On Nov 18, 2015
Omenkata:
[s][/s]

Lalasticlala obinoscopy Seun i hope you are seeing things clearly

Thanks

I wont stop exposing all your monikers, you are a wicked liar.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Omenkata: 3:38pm On Nov 18, 2015
[s]
devilishM:

I wont stop exposing all your monikers, you are a wicked liar.
[/s]
obinoscopy lalasticlala Seun please do something
Thanks
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by jaymichael(m): 3:40pm On Nov 18, 2015
theshield:

If our so called engineers are competent. This is opportunity for them to make money... We should go back to drawing board and think about producing small solar generator.

HONESTLY I BETTER PASS MY NEIGHBOR IS VERY DANGEROUS TO HEALTH. NOT JUST LUNGS PROBLEM BUT INSTANT DEATH TO PEOPLE THAT INHALE THE SMOKE.
All generator and car fumes are dangerous to health. Wether it is smoky or not .
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by 247notire(m): 3:47pm On Nov 18, 2015
teeboila:
This is going to lead to balance of trade. I believe it's possible to produce this small generators in Nigeria but first the local producers must be sure that importing such products is banned so as not to lead to low demand of their products because we know Nigerians they like imported goods to locally made products.
Doesn't that then defeat their said purpose for the ban which is about pollution? Moreover, importing generator sets wud always be cheaper than producing it in Nigeria! Not with the high cost of production man... Forget what u typed up thr, call a spade a spade...
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by 247notire(m): 3:48pm On Nov 18, 2015
jaymichael:
All generator and car fumes are dangerous to health. Wether it is smoky or not .
Na olodo, leave the mumu...

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 18, 2015
Acjohn:
I would suggest he rather start with the Big generators like Mikano as that would affect the big cabals that have been sabotaging our power industry not the small one that people like Obi and Baba chukwuamaka are using to survive.
What is been said here lies on health and environmental issue. I have one which I regret buying, if you re anywhere near or within the FCT, I can give it to free with its accompanied problems
The ban came too late.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by nelharry(m): 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2015
APC...... CHANGE!!!.. Gbam!!.. I wz wondering how long b4 we return to d Nigeria we all know..
1) Fuel scarcity
2)Massive Sacking of staffs
3) Unemployment on d rise
4) Increase in price of basic n essential commodities
5) Constant power outage...
And now d small avenue common man d use tell, NEPA.. I don't give a rats a** abt ur power, una Govt. Decided to take it away...
Once again I say... APC.....CHANGE!!!

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by ransomed: 3:53pm On Nov 18, 2015
teeboila:
This is going to lead to balance of trade. I believe it's possible to produce this small generators in Nigeria but first the local producers must be sure that importing such products is banned so as not to lead to low demand of their products because we know Nigerians they like imported goods to locally made products.
::-- Thanks! The only reasonable post amongst the lot. The ban has been on since 2014, Custom just woke up to its responsibities now. Thanks to officials of Pollution Control and Environmental Health department of Fed. Ministry of Environment and NESREA.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Ahmeduana(m): 3:56pm On Nov 18, 2015
teeboila:
WHY DID YOU GUYS PROVIDES EXCUSES FOR EVERY DAM STUPID ACTIONS OF BUHARI?
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by flokii: 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2015
PassingShot:
Wow!
I find this difficult to accept as the right thing to do atm.

Provide electricity and watch the business of importing "I pass my neighbor" die naturally.

Wrong move imo.

nope... you ban them first and watch thingz fall in place...

else d importers will keep frustrating power improvement

kapish?
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by daphid25(m): 3:58pm On Nov 18, 2015
No need to ban it
They should just give us light and stop paying attention to irrelevant stuffs
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by LastSurvivor: 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2015
Still trying to see the sense in this ban. I think the government is anti poor and anti youth
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Dmano: 4:08pm On Nov 18, 2015
I will take them serious only when generators are ban not i better pass my naeibor
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by sunsewa: 4:10pm On Nov 18, 2015
just imagine,the small gen set artisans and small business people are using for their hustling is what this directionless govt ban,u care for their health yet mosquitos are sucking their children death steady,well atleast some Apc e-warriors will no longer see power to charge their phones,una never chisumtin.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by dollarathe(m): 4:11pm On Nov 18, 2015
teeboila:
read the news abeg not headline
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by CyberWolf: 4:11pm On Nov 18, 2015
Time to put more cash in the pocket of Biafrans....Like they say, necessity is the mother of invention. We Igbos sees this as a challenge and I bet you, we will excel very soon. This is the spirit of Biafrans..The word "impossibility" is not in our dictionary. Lets I forget,
The zoo is falling apart wink cool
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by tunde1200(m): 4:11pm On Nov 18, 2015
I tire ooo for them oo!.

PassingShot:
Wow!
I find this difficult to accept as the right thing to do atm.

Provide electricity and watch the business of importing "I pass my neighbor" die naturally.

Wrong move imo.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by jaymichael(m): 4:14pm On Nov 18, 2015
Owliver:
lol ok no vex na amuwo odofin i dey live. so which one be riverine area there? grin
Sorry for the outburst. This is the link to the official division and description of Amuwo Odofin Local Govt.
http://www.amuwo-odofin.gov.ng/amuwo-site/index.php?ref=1
Amuwo odofin is one of the biggest LG in Lagos. Most people don't know about the riverine areas.
If you take a boat ride from Liverpool Apapa to Ojo or Agbara, you will encounter a lot of Islands along the waterways. Islands like Itu-agan, Tomaro, Igbologun, Igbo-alejo, imoore, Ilado, Agala, Ibeshe etc. These Islands are subdivided in to different villages, (that is a discussion for another day) It only a few of these islands that are connected to the national grid, (Ibeshe, snake-island, Igbologun) are few of the islands that have "NEPA LIGHT" A 100 naira 7-20 minutes boat ride takes You from Liverpool jetty Apapa to some of these Islands like Tomaro, Itu-agan, Igbo-alejo, ilu titun etc. A lot of people work in other parts of Lagos and live in these riverine areas and commute everyday on the water.
These riverine areas are just like any other towns in Lagos. You will be amazed when you see some kind of houses built on these Islands. One thing you can't take away from these islands is peace quiet and tranquility. The only disadvantage is the lack of NEPA light. Most people rely on Generators.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Okanokan(m): 4:17pm On Nov 18, 2015
J4parry:

Check the date of the ban before you start blaming the president.

You are damn right! Nigerians don't know the date when this policy became effective. Yes you are right! But what Nigerian are saying is that The President and his Team does THINK THROUGH POLICIES before implementing, what this act showcases is that the President and Apc Apparachik lack the rugged mental intellectual capacity to re-fashion policies that are anti-people, and by this, the Apc and the President arrogantly displays INTELLECTUAL LAZINESS. If we must make progress, the Apc and Mr President must stop the blame game, they must as a matter of great concern THINK THROUGH policies of previous Government and even its own policies, weigh the advantages and disadvantages and or all OPTIONS before setting out to implement, the mistake was also made when Mr President banned importation of rice only to TURN round to un-ban it. They should THINK before they ACT!

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Owliver(m): 4:19pm On Nov 18, 2015
jaymichael:
Sorry for the outburst. This is the link to the official division and description of Amuwo Odofin Local Govt.
http://www.amuwo-odofin.gov.ng/amuwo-site/index.php?ref=1
Amuwo odofin is one of the biggest LG in Lagos. Most people don't know about the riverine areas.
If you take a boat ride from Liverpool Apapa to Ojo or Agbara, you will encounter a lot of Islands along the waterways. Islands like Itu-agan, Tomaro, Igbologun, Igbo-alejo, imoore, Ilado, Agala, Ibeshe etc. These Islands are subdivided in to different villages, (that is a discussion for another day) It only a few of these islands that are connected to the national grid, (Ibeshe, snake-island, Igbologun) are few of the islands that have "NEPA LIGHT" A 100 naira 7-20 minutes boat ride takes You from Liverpool jetty Apapa to some of these Islands like Tomaro, Itu-agan, Igbo-alejo, ilu titun etc. A lot of people work in other parts of Lagos and live in these riverine areas and commute everyday on the water.
These riverine areas are just like any other towns in Lagos. You will be amazed when you see some kind of houses built on these Islands. One thing you can't take away from these islands is peace quiet and tranquility. The only disadvantage is the lack of NEPA light. Most people rely on Generators.
Ok i get you. i didnt know apapa was under Amuwo odofin. i stay in mile2 side. but you should have limited your riverine tag to apapa. sorry for my harsh response bro smiley
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by kingviny: 4:24pm On Nov 18, 2015
alternative? click my user name and read my posts.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by kingviny: 4:26pm On Nov 18, 2015
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by GEJPosterity: 4:32pm On Nov 18, 2015
Funny thing about this is that Aba and Onitsha manufacturers will be laughing to the bank.

I remember when I was serving in Ekiti and I bought one of those small Tiger generators, I had no idea the whole thing was made right here in Nigeria, in Aba. They sold it to me at imported price and I had no idea until one day when I had to replace a part and then I realised it was entirely locally fabricated.

The thing served me well for that whole year sha. The joke ultimately, as always is on Nigerians.

Vote out of spite, end up rewarding the people you were trying to spite.

Very funny something.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Koleman(m): 4:33pm On Nov 18, 2015
Really this only makes sense if there are plans to begin domestic production!!!
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by palladin: 4:34pm On Nov 18, 2015
The day all forms of generators are banned in Nigeria is the day we will get serious with electricity generation
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 18, 2015
What happened to the steady power we experienced immediately PMB assumed office? I guess this is "jamb question". Though I'm not a fan of "I pass my neighbour" generators,I I expect them to provide an alternative first;either they give out inverters at a reasonable amount or provide power.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Jabioro: 4:37pm On Nov 18, 2015
Our mechanical engineers ,the turners and other associated concerned members can build this I better pass my neighbor Gen.therefore increase our employment rate..we can do better.And don't forget that it was a Nigeria engineer that inveted the small Gen coil for Yamaha .
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by esosuo: 4:42pm On Nov 18, 2015
govt trying to eliminate poor men for a long time,very soon garri go turn contraband too make we know say na population controll
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Osumare2013: 4:42pm On Nov 18, 2015
After few weeks, the items that were banned will be auctioned off at give-away prices by the same organisation that confiscated them. Nothing changes.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by lumenafrica: 4:48pm On Nov 18, 2015
Watch This Hilarious Hotel Fight and make sure you share and not enjoy the fight alone.
i had to cover it for your viewing pleasure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6cx5uaNya0

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Another Man Shot At Ekiti APC Rally, Man Trying To Save Him Victim Of Pickpocket / Troops Kill Modu Kennami, ISWAP One-Eyed Commander / Semi-nude People Still Living In Taraba, Nigeria [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.