Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,697 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators (51234 Views)

Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) / FG Bans Conference Bags, T-shirts, Souvenirs, At Workshops, Seminars / Anytime I Pass Throu These Roads To My Hometown, I Cant But Curse Jonathan & PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by TimeManager(m): 2:12pm On Nov 18, 2015
[quote author=kodded post=40151496][b][i]
'when a dulllard rules. the people suffer

WHEN THERE IS TOO MUCH IMPORTATION,THE PEOPLE SUFFER No Lie Only Truth!

2 Likes

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by obailala(m): 2:13pm On Nov 18, 2015
I dont think I understand this decision shocked undecided
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by MEILYN(m): 2:14pm On Nov 18, 2015
I don't know what Buhari is doing ooo...

Anyways, See The Top 10 Most Educated Presidents In Africa, See Where Buhari Was Placed Here>>>>>www.intensetalk.com

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Bobbystanley(m): 2:14pm On Nov 18, 2015
Wrong move by the federal government.
What do they expect low income earners to do?

C'mon this is wickedness.

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by frankwells(f): 2:15pm On Nov 18, 2015
ENDTIME
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by BERNANKE(m): 2:15pm On Nov 18, 2015
Joshua tree
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by TimeManager(m): 2:15pm On Nov 18, 2015
[quote author=Acjohn post=40152076]I would suggest he rather start with the Big generators like Mikano as that would affect the big cabals that have been sabotaging our power industry not the small one that people like Obi and Baba chukwuamaka are using to survive.

YOU KNOW LITTLE OR NOTHING ABOUT THE OPERATIONS OF THE CABALS
No Lie Only Truth!
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by zexzy(f): 2:15pm On Nov 18, 2015
With the epileptic electricity supply Nigerians get, they still go further to ban the only other source of light available to the average Nigerian, terrible decision.

2 Likes

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by BABANGBALI: 2:16pm On Nov 18, 2015
ghen ghen Fashola is about to start work grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by dalubest: 2:16pm On Nov 18, 2015
nawa nsogbu dikwa well where are sai baba supporters hope na dis kind of change una want tongue[color=#990000][/color]
Ndlistic:
The Federal Government has banned the importation of small generators popularly called 'I pass my neighbour,' used by low-income Nigerians.
Controller, Federation Operations Unit Zone A, Lagos of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Mr Madugu Sanni Jubrin, disclosed this in Lagos while speaking with newsmen.

Sanni also said that the command seized 4,733 goods worth N52 million and arrested some suspected smugglers since he assumed duties one week ago.
He said the seizures were made possible through intelligence gathering and other measures put in place by the unit with a view to ensuring that the supply chains of smugglers were fully blocked.

Conducting journalists round the seized items which included 239 bales of used clothing valued at N10 million, 1,120 cartons units of the small generators valued at N13.4 million, among others, Madugu said the unit would not relent in its efforts in ensuring that prohibited items are impounded and those involved in its importation prosecuted.
“The smaller generators have been banned by the Federal Government because it is causing air pollution and destruction of our lungs and breathing system. That is why they have banned it but people are still interested in smuggling them in, that is why we intercepted them.

“If you go to the market, you still see them because people have imported them before the ban. So it is the leftover they had before the ban that they are selling because the law did not backdate the ban and it is not an absolute prohibition.
“It is prohibition by trade which means you cannot bring it in large quantity and sell to the public. That is the type of prohibition we have on this but if you buy one piece, Customs will not seize it.

“We will not relent in our efforts. When we see any prohibited item, we will seize, arrest the people and we will allow the law court to take decision on prosecuting them. So it is better for them to stop smuggling than to continue when they know Customs will catch up with them,” he said.

Source :http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/fg-bans-importation-of-%E2%80%98i-pass-my-neighbour%E2%80%99-generators
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by neweraomo: 2:17pm On Nov 18, 2015
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...end time darkness

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by nobodysmanrob(m): 2:17pm On Nov 18, 2015
Acjohn:
I would suggest he rather start with the Big generators like Mikano as that would affect the big cabals that have been sabotaging our power industry not the small one that people like Obi and Baba chukwuamaka are using to survive.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by BABANGBALI: 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2015
msglobalwonder go hear am,she don dey safe money to buy one since 120AD grin

Heboe made generator go full market now

2 Likes

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Prales(m): 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2015
Fashola is working. Even without the lights, Buhari just banned 'I better pass my neighbor' generator?
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by basileze: 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2015
Why did I waste my vote for APC?

4 Likes

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Nicepoker(m): 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2015
Administration where corrupt leaders reason from their butt. What do u expect.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by oatzeal(m): 2:21pm On Nov 18, 2015
[img]http://1.bp..com/-QhFsUBpVqcU/Vkxr7CjCGyI/AAAAAAAAPe4/bH223qzR7dg/s1600/1%2B%25281%2529.jpg[/img]

The Federal Government has banned the importation of small generators popularly called 'I pass my neighbour,' used by low-income Nigerians.

Controller, Federation Operations Unit Zone A, Lagos of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Mr Madugu Sanni Jubrin, disclosed this in Lagos while speaking with newsmen...

“The smaller generators have been banned by the Federal Government because it is causing air pollution and destruction of our lungs and breathing system. That is why they have banned it but people are still interested in smuggling them in, that is why we intercepted them.

“If you go to the market, you still see them because people have imported them before the ban. So it is the leftover they had before the ban that they are selling because the law did not backdate the ban and it is not an absolute prohibition.

“It is prohibition by trade which means you cannot bring it in large quantity and sell to the public. That is the type of prohibition we have on this but if you buy one piece, Customs will not seize it.

“We will not relent in our efforts. When we see any prohibited item, we will seize, arrest the people and we will allow the law court to take decision on prosecuting them. So it is better for them to stop smuggling than to continue when they know Customs will catch up with them,” he said.

[size=18pt]source: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2015/11/huh-government-bans-importation-of-i.html[/size]
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by frisky2good(m): 2:21pm On Nov 18, 2015
After later dem go still talk say na GEJ don ban am before he comot.

4 Likes

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Omenkata: 2:21pm On Nov 18, 2015
IVORY2009:
I' babu ooooooooo, why will Fg ban I better pass my neigbour's generator, here in "Gbaramatutu Kingdom" no light for the past 5 weeks now, and my Gen is going bad, I needed to replace it shocked shocked smuggle things....

lol bro no be you vote change grin

enjoy your janji - General Bloodykiller cool

2 Likes

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by TimeManager(m): 2:21pm On Nov 18, 2015
[quote author=omenka post=40153010]I don't think I like this policy. It would only put more pressure on the pockets of small income earners and small businesses. They should rather ban the importation of Mikano and the rest of them big asss plants.

When the big shots see that they can't find gens to power their laundry machines and air conditioners, they'd do all they can to ensure *PHCN provides adequate electricity to us.

I THINK YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS POLICY IS SET OUT TO ACHIEVE
No Lie Only Truth!
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by DaegiiWealth(m): 2:21pm On Nov 18, 2015
Time for change.. Just stop by sha, you know??
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Omenkata: 2:21pm On Nov 18, 2015
die baba angry
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by kings09(m): 2:22pm On Nov 18, 2015
Hp they ll provide d alternative - improved power supply abi mikano don de do small size ?
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by mindtricks: 2:22pm On Nov 18, 2015
Yes, the best way to tackle the pollution factor is outrightly ban the generator the poor masses depend on.

Ordinarily you would expect this kind of decision after power problem must have been solved, but most certainly not before it's resolved.

They don't give a Fk about us!

5 Likes

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by mazeltov(m): 2:22pm On Nov 18, 2015
This is not logical at all. Why must they ban importation of gen when the power generation has not improved? When the power generation is improved, nobody will tell them to stop importing generators

2 Likes

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by cruzita(f): 2:23pm On Nov 18, 2015
when light no dey una dey ban small generators .very stupid and dumb move .I rest my case

2 Likes

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Funjosh(m): 2:23pm On Nov 18, 2015
I hope Fashola knows what he is doing sha lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obasanjo Wearing Cherubim And Seraphim Church Full Regalia (Photos) / Buhari Supporters Attack Charly Boy At Wuse Market, Destroy Cars (Video/Photos) / Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.