Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Will You Lie 4 A Cheating Friend? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Lie 4 A Cheating Friend? (2872 Views)

Poll: Will you lie for a cheating friend to cover his/her tracks?

yes: 48% (18 votes)
Never: 32% (12 votes)
Just once: 18% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Can You Forgive A Cheating Partner? / How Do You Totally Forgive And Forget A Cheating Spouse / What To Do With A Cheating Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Lie 4 A Cheating Friend? by SeanT21(f): 4:50am On May 24, 2009
biina:

His wife is telling lies and its not his business? shocked
What comes next when he starts to suspect you of similar behavior? undecided
Am sure you know what they say about birds of a feather

What goes on between my friend and I is none of my husbands business. Especially if its not affecting our marriage.
Re: Will You Lie 4 A Cheating Friend? by AloyEmeka9: 8:15am On May 24, 2009

Saying no at the moment, but you honestly don't know what the future holds.
I didn't know an angel like you will consider lying for a friend over cheating.
Re: Will You Lie 4 A Cheating Friend? by AloyEmeka9: 8:16am On May 24, 2009
What goes on between my friend and I is none of my husbands business. Especially if its not affecting our marriage
Will you say the same about your husband's female friends?. He can as well tell you to mind your business as long as his friendship with his female secretary is not affecting your marriage.
Re: Will You Lie 4 A Cheating Friend? by AloyEmeka9: 8:18am On May 24, 2009
After losing my job, I rejoined my former law firm courtesy of a friend, as a temporary worker. Unfortunately, things were not working out so well there as the new office manager was not keen on rehiring me, though my friend, who brought me back as a temp wanted me to stay onboard. Then, all of a sudden, this guy got fired! I was perplexed and then blamed it on the woman's 'racist' attitude towards blacks. Eventually, rumors started circulating in the firm that this acquaintance who had hired me had sexually harrased another temporary worker in the firm. I dont really know the full gist of the story, but they may be an element of truth to it. Infact, another guy told me that our presence may be required in court should the girl file suit against my friend.

I left the firm and thought that was the end of the saga. But out of the blues, my friend's wife (I mean, we were not really friends though) called me from the blues and left a message. Upon returning her call, I inquired of her husband and she told me that he travelled to their home country. Then the woman quizzed me on why the husband was sacked. I told her that the office manager was a pain in the neck so, that may have led to his termination. And then his wife asked me questions about the other female temp (without mentioning the allegations of the sexual harrasment levelled against her husband) but my lips did not utter any rumor of the sexual harrasment allegations against the husband. I only blamed the incident on the office manager. I dont know if the firm was ever sued or not.

Now, coming to this story, I do have to ask myself, "Did I lie by not telling her about the allegations, or was I right in sealing my lips
"?
You did not lie, rather you were not forthcoming.
Re: Will You Lie 4 A Cheating Friend? by AloyEmeka9: 8:21am On May 24, 2009
Becomrich:

No
Even when the person involved will help you achieve your Benin Oduduwa Republic?. Will you still tell his wife the truth and lose the only chance of a sovereign Yoruba nation? grin grin grin
Re: Will You Lie 4 A Cheating Friend? by Krayola(m): 11:14am On May 24, 2009
haha.  Abeg,  make una leave Joke alone,  na the one wey go pay am she go do.

Naija men are the global kings of promiscuity. Its high time some women show us that 2 can play that game.
Re: Will You Lie 4 A Cheating Friend? by AloyEmeka9: 6:25pm On May 24, 2009

Naija men are the global kings of promiscuity. Its high time some women show us that 2 can play that game.
2 wrongs don't make a right. Do they?
Re: Will You Lie 4 A Cheating Friend? by C2H5OH(f): 6:26pm On May 24, 2009
Krayola:

haha. Abeg, make una leave Joke alone, na the one wey go pay am she go do.

You would be singing a different tune if your woman decides to show you that she too can play that game.
Re: Will You Lie 4 A Cheating Friend? by deepthroat(f): 2:39am On May 25, 2009
I would never tell a friends's spouse that shes's cheating! shocked
Im not saying i'll cover for the person but why should the burden fall on me to clear the air on what's going on? grin
I would respond "I do not know" to every question. grin grin
Re: Will You Lie 4 A Cheating Friend? by SeanT21(f): 4:16am On May 25, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Will you say the same about your husband's female friends?. He can as well tell you to mind your business as long as his friendship with his female secretary is not affecting your marriage.

Exactly. Once I don't see anything fishy I could care less.
Re: Will You Lie 4 A Cheating Friend? by OhGrey(m): 9:39am On May 25, 2009
Yes I probably will. The reason being that am a man and if truth be told, most men who cheat have their friends covering up for them.
Don't get me wrong - cheating on a spouse is wrong, just like a million other sins but heck people still commit them anyways. I would probably not hook up my married friend with another chick, but if he comes to me to cover up for him I probably would.
Why we are all getting sentimental about the story is that our society frowns on women cheating but looks the other way when its a man, after all men would be men. Also women hardly got each others back like men (I stand to be corrected though).
Re: Will You Lie 4 A Cheating Friend? by AloyEmeka9: 11:19am On May 25, 2009
You would be singing a different tune if your woman decides to show you that she too can play that game.
Before nko?. He will wail and scream the blood of Jesus. grin grin grin
Re: Will You Lie 4 A Cheating Friend? by otukpo(f): 11:39am On May 25, 2009
@ post

Nope. I cant keep such a person as a friend not to talk of her using me as a cover up. I wld definitely not cover her up.
Re: Will You Lie 4 A Cheating Friend? by yjay(f): 3:04pm On May 25, 2009
i probably would to cover for her , dont know what my stand would be if she were married though,
Re: Will You Lie 4 A Cheating Friend? by AloyEmeka9: 8:51pm On May 25, 2009
i probably would to cover for her , dont know what my stand would be if she were married though,
If you can do it for the unmarried, that means you can as well do it for the married.
Re: Will You Lie 4 A Cheating Friend? by yjay(f): 8:56am On May 26, 2009
well aloy.emeka we ll ve to wait & see wont we?
Re: Will You Lie 4 A Cheating Friend? by trhymes(m): 9:17am On May 27, 2009
This is a little bit hard, .  cool
Re: Will You Lie 4 A Cheating Friend? by bluespice(f): 9:22am On May 27, 2009
cheating?
no
i cant n wont
i wont cover up for u
so dont bring ur business to my door
if ur guy loves u and i knw and he asks me after ive warned u severally and u refuses to desist from ur habits?
ill tell him to have a long talk with u
thats what friends do rite?
do that thing u know hurts u to bring u back to ur senses
like that much deserved slap when ur lusting after ur sister's husband tongue
Re: Will You Lie 4 A Cheating Friend? by AloyEmeka9: 5:41pm On May 27, 2009
I guess the 18 people that voted yes are mostly guys. wink wink
Re: Will You Lie 4 A Cheating Friend? by emiemi(f): 9:22am On May 28, 2009
No, I won't. I'm sorry I would have to disappoint my friend if it comes to this.
If the event will even lead to a sour relationship between us, I'd rather than
let my conscience continuously bug me. For goodness sake, they are no longer
on the girlfriend/boyfriend level anymore. I think I will have to ask her some deep
questions like
1. What does the marriage mean to her?
2. What is she trying to achieve with that kind of life?

Afterwards I will advise her like I would want to be advised if I do stray. A real
friend will tell you home truths no matter how much it hurts. The friend doesn't realise
that if her husband venture to discover she lies for her friend, he might distrust her
and begin to suspect her. What was initially a sweet marriage will then turn into hell
just becos of a friend whose cunt cannot be satisfied with one man. Birds of the same
feather flock together, or so they say.
Re: Will You Lie 4 A Cheating Friend? by mrsb(f): 9:34am On May 28, 2009
I couldn't support her. In fact I'd probably distance myself from her as much as possible. Of course I'd be back again to help pick up the pieces after her husband finds out and kicks her arse out of house!! That's what friends are for wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Important Observation About Women! / How Do You Tell A Girl You Love Her? / She Is 30 And She D Do Shakara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.