Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. (13141 Views)

Help, My Boyfriend Doesn't Last Long In Bed / My Boyfriend Doesn't Have Time For Me / When A Guy Doesn't Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by Takim107(f): 5:28pm On Nov 20, 2015
BecaciaBarbie:

4times!!!!!!! shocked shocked for what naa Just this morning alone shocked shocked

Common Bae, that's just too much! Sooner or later he'd get tired of your calls and ignore them as well.
Truth is, you ain't even giving him the chance to miss you and to think of calling you, since you have taken the full responsibility of doing the calls all the time.
Give him some space, let him miss you...then he'd call you...don't choke him up with your calls please.

I also hope your love for him hasn't led to obsession, cause that's how it starts.

By the way, you should get a life and get busy too.
I get you...am busy you know, am a makeup artist, I train people too, sell cloths and I school too so am not just lazing at home...okay what if I stop calling? What will that lead to.
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by Takim107(f): 5:35pm On Nov 20, 2015
osesology:

Don't worry, let me be your boyfriend's surrogate, I ain't gat no jab so I'll be calling you ten times a day, I hope you won't find me boring.
*winks*
lolz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by Abduletudaye(m): 5:38pm On Nov 20, 2015
Takim107:
.ok I will ....like today I have called 4times, and he love it when I call cus he always say nice things.

That is it! Take advantage and let him know whats in your heart thats hurting you and believe me, he will adjust.. wink
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by tafrica(m): 5:41pm On Nov 20, 2015
Takim107:
I get you...am busy you know, am a makeup artist, I train people too, sell cloths and I school too so am not just lazing at home...okay what if I stop calling? What will that lead to.

Don't ruin your relationship based third party advices. What rocks my boat my not rock yours, so don't spoil ur relationship by stopping to call and begin to develop "uncare" attitude.
I will only advise you watch his reactions when you call him, if he's cool with your numerous calls and doesn't complain, don't stop cuz people told you to do so.
I'm pretty sure your bf will definitely improve his calls since it seems to be his natural habit albeit his previous relationship experience.
Enjoy your relationship, don't loose the communication link, sit him down when you have an issue. Be wary of third party advise.
Note this: Never expect he will call at your own rates, unless you are lucky, most guys aren't obsessed with calling especially when now there are several chat apps now. You will continue to do most of the calls, but I expect him also to know when to call where necessary, communications can't be via texts alone all the time.
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by Takim107(f): 7:35pm On Nov 20, 2015
Abduletudaye:

That is it! Take advantage and let him know whats in your heart thats hurting you and believe me, he will adjust.. wink
okay

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by Takim107(f): 7:36pm On Nov 20, 2015
tafrica:

Don't ruin your relationship based third party advices. What rocks my boat my not rock yours, so don't spoil ur relationship by stopping to call and begin to develop "uncare" attitude.
I will only advise you watch his reactions when you call him, if he's cool with your numerous calls and doesn't complain, don't stop cuz people told you to do so.
I'm pretty sure your bf will definitely improve his calls since it seems to be his natural habit albeit his previous relationship experience.
Enjoy your relationship, don't loose the communication link, sit him down when you have an issue. Be wary of third party advise.
Note this: Never expect he will call at your own rates, unless you are lucky, most guys aren't obsessed with calling especially when now there are several chat apps now. You will continue to do most of the calls, but I expect him also to know when to call where necessary, communications can't be via texts alone all the time.
wow. .nice advice am grateful
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by janengozi(f): 8:32pm On Nov 20, 2015
Takim107:
wow. .nice advice am grateful

babe when I was in school my room mate boyfriend calls her only in the dead hour of night and hardly call her during the day. but she likes it that way with the reason that, that mid night call makes her believed the guy is not cheating on her And after some months they got married.
so be happy because he calls you upto 3time in a week, chat with you all day and still send You text message.
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by BecaciaBarbie(f): 2:51am On Nov 21, 2015
Takim107:
You mentioned your relationship is just 2months old right? Do you intend to always call him all the time like the way you are doing now in the next few months? Oh he likes it now right? Sweetheart! Too much of anything is bad, he'd definitely get tired of you! Reduce your calls to twice a day abeg. Don't you talk on WhatsApp or bbm? If you do, then there is no point for the everyday calls. If you really love this guy, give him some space and let him miss you.

To answer your question, if you stopped calling....

If you stopped calling, he'd notice this, he'd respect you more, he'd feel more like the man in the relationship, he'd miss and crave to be with you or hear your voice, he'd be more creative about how to spice up your relationship, he'd value you more cause he wouldn't wanna lose you to some other guy! But right now, he is certain he can't lose you, cause you call him like your life is depended on your calls to him... so he wouldn't even care to spice up your relationship, he wouldn't get bored, you'd give him more breathing space and so forth....

One thing I have noticed about guys, especially naija guys....they hate it when you give them too much attention. Do yourself and your heart a favor by reducing your calls!

By the way you said you'd die if he broke up with you...oh dear! I'm sure you wouldn't but the pains might feel like death itself. Watch your heart dear and protect it, most importantly pray like never before.
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by AJCity86(m): 3:02am On Nov 21, 2015
This is wat we called yellow card in football. B4 u got red, u can switch to someone who got ur time. I available 24/7 trust me...
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by Welcomme: 6:20am On Nov 21, 2015
Takim107:
My boyfriend doesn't call often..let's say he calls me thrice a week, send text late in the evenings and chat up the whole day...sometimes from 8pm to 1am or thereabout...it's frustrating...morning calls r very important but he always skip that. ..but I remember a day I got angry with him he called me the next more very early...We have been together for two months now, and he gave me a reason I'll call silly. .His past relationship he was the calling type till his ex made it known to him that his calls were bothering her so after they broke up he decided to watch it...is he still living in his past or I am with the wrong person?...but I know for sure he luvs me, but if calling is been rated as a basis for measuring luv he will score 3% out of 10% sm1 help! !!!
If na me b ur boyfriend, wahalai u go tire, because I hardly have time to call. My gf knows this, hence, she does the calling most times. In a week sef, I might just call her twice or thrice while she calls like twice a day. I get bored with calling.
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by Welcomme: 6:21am On Nov 21, 2015
Takim107:
My boyfriend doesn't call often..let's say he calls me thrice a week, send text late in the evenings and chat up the whole day...sometimes from 8pm to 1am or thereabout...it's frustrating...morning calls r very important but he always skip that. ..but I remember a day I got angry with him he called me the next more very early...We have been together for two months now, and he gave me a reason I'll call silly. .His past relationship he was the calling type till his ex made it known to him that his calls were bothering her so after they broke up he decided to watch it...is he still living in his past or I am with the wrong person?...but I know for sure he luvs me, but if calling is been rated as a basis for measuring luv he will score 3% out of 10% sm1 help! !!!
If na me b ur boyfriend, wahalai u go tire, because I hardly have time to call. My gf knows this, hence, she does the calling most times. In a week sef, I might just call her twice or thrice while she calls like twice a day. I get bored with calling.

Btw, Missspicy, how many monickers do u have? Or is this girl ur sister cuz of her signature?
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by ipledge10(m): 6:51am On Nov 21, 2015
nedu2000:
"Scoring him 3% out of 10%"?....seems maths isn't your strongest area.
Are you sure he calls just 3x a week?seems you may've problem counting.
and nothing like 3% of 10%....to my knowledge though
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by mimicious(f): 7:04am On Nov 21, 2015
My dear if am correct u said it's because of his past relationship that's y he is acting this way. Since u u both love each other, why don't u call him and make him feel u are different from his ex may be his mentality will change.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by Acidosis(m): 7:08am On Nov 21, 2015
Your boyfriend needs to understand your love language. He needs to start calling more.

If I tell you I love you, and I don't call at least twice a day, then I'm a liar. That's my own basis, and my girl reciprocates adequately.

As a matter of fact, nobody can help you on NL. Some people can go 2 weeks without calling their partners. Do not compare yourself with them as some of them have 2 to 4 partners so its practically impossible to maintain adequate contacts with 4 partners equally.

For me, failure to call my partner is a sign of divided attention/cheating. I can never be too busy to call my partner. It is never an excuse. Even drivers call their wives, so what kind of job will make him too busy to call? Only prisoners are restricted from calling, and any job that takes all your time, with no space to call is no longer a job, but slavery.

Kindly talk to your bf, his ex is not an excuse.

Lastly, if he refuses to change, I urge you to stop calling. Your boyfriend's airtime is simply not meant for you and stop playing the role of boyfriend and girlfriend in your relationship. Why should he even call in the first place when you've taken upon yourself the duty of calling every minute? Stop the obsession! It always end in BREAK UP.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by adepiero: 7:16am On Nov 21, 2015
Calling is a good way to foster a relationship but it can get boring sometimes especially when it gets too much or a party reduces their call rate
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by Acidosis(m): 7:18am On Nov 21, 2015
Welcomme:

Btw, Missspicy, how many monickers do u have? Or is this girl ur sister cuz of her signature?

You get bored with calling, but you enjoy receiving her calls, right?
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by Takim107(f): 9:00am On Nov 21, 2015
BecaciaBarbie:

You mentioned your relationship is just 2months old right? Do you intend to always call him all the time like the way you are doing now in the next few months? Oh he likes it now right? Sweetheart! Too much of anything is bad, he'd definitely get tired of you! Reduce your calls to twice a day abeg. Don't you talk on WhatsApp or bbm? If you do, then there is no point for the everyday calls. If you really love this guy, give him some space and let him miss you.

To answer your question, if you stopped calling....

If you stopped calling, he'd notice this, he'd respect you more, he'd feel more like the man in the relationship, he'd miss and crave to be with you or hear your voice, he'd be more creative about how to spice up your relationship, he'd value you more cause he wouldn't wanna lose you to some other guy! But right now, he is certain he can't lose you, cause you call him like your life is depended on your calls to him... so he wouldn't even care to spice up your relationship, he wouldn't get bored, you'd give him more breathing space and so forth....

One thing I have noticed about guys, especially naija guys....they hate it when you give them too much attention. Do yourself and your heart a favor by reducing your calls!

By the way you said you'd die if he broke up with you...oh dear! I'm sure you wouldn't but the pains might feel like death itself. Watch your heart dear and protect it, most importantly pray like never before.
thanks alot...I appreciate

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by Takim107(f): 9:04am On Nov 21, 2015
Acidosis:
Your boyfriend needs to understand your love language. He needs to start calling more.

If I tell you I love you, and I don't call at least twice a day, then I'm a liar. That's my own basis, and my girl reciprocates adequately.

As a matter of fact, nobody can help you on NL. Some people can go 2 weeks without calling their partners. Do not compare yourself with them as some of them have 2 to 4 partners so its practically impossible to maintain adequate contacts with 4 partners equally.

For me, failure to call my partner is a sign of divided attention/cheating. I can never be too busy to call my partner. It is never an excuse. Even drivers call their wives, so what kind of job will make him too busy to call? Only prisoners are restricted from calling, and any job that takes all your time, with no space to call is no longer a job, but slavery.

Kindly talk to your bf, his ex is not an excuse.

Lastly, if he refuses to change, I urge you to stop calling. Your boyfriend's airtime is simply not meant for you and stop playing the role of boyfriend and girlfriend in your relationship. Why should he even call in the first place when you've taken upon yourself the duty of calling every minute? Stop the obsession! It always end in BREAK UP.
ok, I will
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by EOOJ(m): 4:41pm On Jul 19, 2016
Takim107:
i call like evrytime, it's in me..I don't call because I want him to call back. .like 5times a day
5times Are u a dreamer??!
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by EOOJ(m): 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2016
Takim107:
i call like evrytime, it's in me..I don't call because I want him to call back. .like 5times a day
5times Are u a dreamer
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by sleekyonyx(f): 5:19pm On Jul 19, 2016
Takim107:
My dear appreciate what u have now....some of us ain't lucky.
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by Boring: 6:19pm On Jul 19, 2016
sleekyonyx:
My dear appreciate what u have now....some of us ain't lucky.
gonna call u morning, afternoon and nite.. grin

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by CLIQBOY(m): 7:03pm On Jul 19, 2016
Meanwhile, My Gf has not called me in the past three weeks
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by sleekyonyx(f): 7:12pm On Jul 19, 2016
Boring:

gonna call u morning, afternoon and nite.. grin
for real?....let's get married already kiss
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by Boring: 7:51pm On Jul 19, 2016
sleekyonyx:
for real?....let's get married already kiss

*Call wifey*.. come and see i don get third wife.. shocked

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by Nobody: 2:13am On Jul 20, 2016
jobless insure gal
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Call Often. by Mr2kay2: 4:56am On Jul 20, 2016
as I saw this thread I had to check it out and God I am getting mad right now it just seems the op and my girlfriend is the same kind of human being cry how the Bleep would a girl expect me to call morning afternoon and night wtf doeant she want me to make money or hustle atall? The op own sef is better I am just co sidelong telling the girl my mind this morning or day break.She calls tooo much it's now making the love sef die undecided girls don't know we giys don't like calls everytime and its only a broke guy or jobless person that can give you even 60% of he's time all day on calls.My girl doesn't even like texts atall, and anytime I try to tell her my mind the next minute I get a reply "you don't love me" bla bla bla fvck that shit how would I love you when I hear your voice all day and I run out of things to say when you do t say anything but want to just keep hearing my voice Am I a radio angry just wish she could see this thread Sha and have a rethink cause I don't even know the polite way to tell her to stop calling.GODAMN I can go on all day about how sick to the neck I am right now what I know is I must resolve it this week

Pls my own type of call is maybe once a month and texts or whatsapp only eveb whatsapp these days can be annoying if it's too much

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky / Help: My Twin Brother Slept With My Girlfriend...not Once but Twice! / When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.