Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Should You Marry Whom You Love Or Love Whom You Marry - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should You Marry Whom You Love Or Love Whom You Marry (4470 Views)

To love who you marry or to marry who you love. / Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? / Lady Steps On Guy Lying Flat: Is This Love Or Stupidity ? (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should You Marry Whom You Love Or Love Whom You Marry by Cholls(m): 6:32pm On Nov 22, 2015
My brother the formal is for girls who are lucky and the later is for girls that have no choice.

1 Like

Re: Should You Marry Whom You Love Or Love Whom You Marry by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 22, 2015
Eddygourdo:
ok now I get you. With age comes the greater understanding that you must wait for love, you can always learn to love. I grab now. Kudos
yes sir
Re: Should You Marry Whom You Love Or Love Whom You Marry by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 22, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Ah no lol. The phrases I understand, I overuse; so it seems like I have a clue, when really......
I'm looking for a teacher? grin

yessir very much so, although I think the worst is over.

Lol, I get you. You know what, I do that too, but my own is a bit worse.
I know only a hand full of phrases in Yoruba but when someone asks me if I can speak Yoruba, I will confidently say yes and then I'll drop those few phrases I know . And every time I want to form like I know Yoruba, it's always those same phrases I use. And the funny thing is that they never engage me in a reasonable conversation in Yoruba. If they did, I would just be staring at them like dead fish. grin

I could be your teacher if you want? cheesy But you will have to wear school uniform and sandals and those long socks that will reach your knee. grin

And when you see me, you will say "Ndewo onye nkuzi" grin
Re: Should You Marry Whom You Love Or Love Whom You Marry by MsBliss(f): 7:35pm On Nov 22, 2015
Eddygourdo:
you see that it defeats the idea of avoiding problems in the first place. I understand you desire to rather be with a man who loves you than you love him, because in truth it's the safest option. Maybe you forgot to add that you will like him at least or find him attractive in order to make the possibility of future falling in love easier
Yes nice point.

that one too follow.I'v got to at least like him or find him attractive in the first place.else,I don't see what I will be doing with him in the first place.
Re: Should You Marry Whom You Love Or Love Whom You Marry by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 22, 2015
Decker:

Lol, I get you. You know what, I do that too, but my own is a bit worse.
I know only a hand full of phrases in Yoruba but when someone asks me if I can speak Yoruba, I will confidently say yes and then I'll drop those few phrases I know . And every time I want to form like I know Yoruba, it's always those same phrases I use. And the funny thing is that they never engage me in a reasonable conversation in Yoruba. If they did, I would just be staring at them like dead fish. grin

I could be your teacher if you want? cheesy But you will have to wear school uniform and sandals and those long socks that will reach your knee. grin

And when you see me, you will say "Ndewo onye nkusi" grin
Lols amazing. I'm one of those Igbo Lagos pikin.... So my problem is the reverse.... It's embarrassing with relatives. They'll say you can't even pronounce ur own name correctly grin

Yes please. Start with a translation of a song by a singer that I presume u can guess grin I at least already know kedu, odinma, and onye nkuzi wink
Re: Should You Marry Whom You Love Or Love Whom You Marry by RedCapChief(m): 10:09pm On Nov 22, 2015
Decker:

. . . .I know only a hand full of phrases in Yoruba but when someone asks me if I can speak Yoruba, I will confidently say yes and then I'll drop those few phrases I know . And every time I want to form like I know Yoruba, it's always those same phrases I use. . . .

grin grin I swear, this describes me 110% except that I'm Igbo. I have a list of phrases and proverbs to wow the relatives; after that, I go off like tiger gen.
I've improved a lot though because I've been using a lot of resources. cool
Re: Should You Marry Whom You Love Or Love Whom You Marry by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 22, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Lols amazing. I'm one of those Igbo Lagos pikin.... So my problem is the reverse.... It's embarrassing with relatives. They'll say you can't even pronounce ur own name correctly grin

Yes please. Start with a translation of a song by a singer that I presume u can guess grin I at least already know kedu, odinma, and onye nkuzi wink

Lol. But wait, don't tell me your relatives were right...that you can't pronounce your own name? Cause if that's true, then you have failed the entrance examination into my school. We can't admit people like you grin tongue
But is your Igbo name that long, and tongue twisting? lipsrsealed
Something like onyenememaifesinachukwu? grin

I am Igbo too and I grew up in lagos. So when I go to other non- yoruba states, people always peg me for someone who can speak Yoruba fluently. But they are always wrong grin

What Phyno's song do you want me to translate?

It seems you like rap so much. What influenced your love for rap? You had elder ones who were into it?

Let me tell you a secret, I am always a bit wary of ladies that like rap. If I ever imagine a girl who is capable of cutting off my dick with a pair of scissors, just because I don't want to do her bidding? It's a girl that listens to rap tongue grin

Crazy stereotype.
Re: Should You Marry Whom You Love Or Love Whom You Marry by Nobody: 2:21am On Nov 23, 2015
Decker:

Lol. But wait, don't tell me your relatives were right...that you can't pronounce your own name? Cause if that's true, then you have failed the entrance examination into my school. We can't admit people like you grin tongue
But is your Igbo name that long, and tongue twisting? lipsrsealed
Something like onyenememaifesinachukwu? grin

I am Igbo too and I grew up in lagos. So when I go to other non- yoruba states, people always peg me for someone who can speak Yoruba fluently. But they are always wrong grin

What Phyno's song do you want me to translate?

It seems you like rap so much. What influenced your love for rap? You had elder ones who were into it?

Let me tell you a secret, I am always a bit wary of ladies that like rap. If I ever imagine a girl who is capable of cutting off my dick with a pair of scissors, just because I don't want to do her bidding? It's a girl that listens to rap tongue grin

Crazy stereotype.
Lol haba. My name is short, sweet and unisex... so probably more like my sibs and others' names..... I'm a disgrace grin

Don't worry to survive in Lagos only a few key Yoruba phrases are necessary and most of them are either insults, curses or sexual innuendo grin

Lol chei. I'm not gonna even ask u if u really mean that before u back out. My favourite song cry Ojigi

Haha no one influenced me o..... In fact, I influenced others. I don't like all rap and funny enough I dislike loud noises cause I'm easily frightened Lol but I fell in lurve wit Kanye West and from there came Drake, J. Cole, Nas, Biggie Smalls etc... It was an accident of fate grin

LMAO. Odikwa srs. Pretty sure ur mixing us up with girls that listen to Mozart grin Sha I can only speak for myself. I'm usually the one doing other ppls bidding. Don't know what that has to do with rap music tho tongue.

I wrote a WAEC essay for u in the middle of the night. To OP and anyone else that read all this, I'm so very sorry grin
Re: Should You Marry Whom You Love Or Love Whom You Marry by Nobody: 4:31am On Nov 23, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Lol haba. My name is short, sweet and unisex... so probably more like my sibs and others' names..... I'm a disgrace grin

Don't worry to survive in Lagos only a few key Yoruba phrases are necessary and most of them are either insults, curses or sexual innuendo grin

Lol chei. I'm not gonna even ask u if u really mean that before u back out. My favourite song cry Ojigi

Haha no one influenced me o..... In fact, I influenced others. I don't like all rap and funny enough I dislike loud noises cause I'm easily frightened Lol but I fell in lurve wit Kanye West and from there came Drake, J. Cole, Nas, Biggie Smalls etc... It was an accident of fate grin

LMAO. Odikwa srs. Pretty sure ur mixing us up with girls that listen to Mozart grin Sha I can only speak for myself. I'm usually the one doing other ppls bidding. Don't know what that has to do with rap music tho tongue.

I wrote a WAEC essay for u in the middle of the night. To OP and anyone else that read all this, I'm so very sorry grin

So your name is short, sweet and common but still you find it hard to pronounce? cheesy Menn, you are a total disglace. Nne you need to be frogged with koboko. grin

Then I suppose your English is flawless. wink Your accent is probably Bri-ish, right? tongue
But on a more serious note, I think speaking Igbo fluently spoils the English intonation to some extent, especially when you learn Igbo before learning English. That's when you see people substituting the vowel "ei" for the vowel "e", so instead of saying bread they will say "braid", and instead of saying able they will say "air"ble. grin

Ojigi is a nice song, but it's not one of my favorite songs from Phyno . My favorite are Anamachi and Alobam.

But you didn't expect me to translate the whole song right? tongue Anyway, the main point of the song Ojigi is Phyno trying to woo a certain lady he likes. Throughout the whole song, he basically flattering her with words and telling her how she stole his heart with her charm and how special she is and how what an exceptional woman she is and how what she is doing can kill someone. It's in her eyes, it's in her. The term Ojigi represents that thing she has in her that's actually "turning his head" and making him fall for her.

Oji gi - Your charm.

Accident of fate...hmmm, I kind of relate too. I am someone who got exposed to music at an early age. So I fell in love with music quite early. As I grew up, I started listening to all different kinds of music. From rock to metal to classical, to house, to jazz, rap, rnb, country, rap and of course, pop, my favorite.

I like Drake and Kanye too. Kendrick lamar also makes good rap. J cole is such a poet. His lines are really deep. I Also dig the likes of Eminem, Lilwayne, Macklemore, Big sean and a couple other rappers.

Hahaha. The thing is, rap basically gives off that vibe of hardness... that I don't give a shit_ kind of attitude. And when I see any lady that's really into rap, in my eyes, she isn't anymore as feminine as she supposed to be. She is now more like me....if that makes any sense grin

A girl that listens to mozart would be the quiet but crazy type. The one that would kill the dog for barking at her and mutilate it's head and then hang it in the sitting room grin She'd probably be listening to mozart's overture as she is doing it. grin

I have a crazy mind. tongue

Chai! See the long thing wey I type. cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Exposes Her ‘HIV’ Boyfriend Who Is Intentionally Spreading The Virus (Pics) / This Is What "Hook Up" Really Means! / I Thought I Was A V!rgin … (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.