Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,515 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Three Paths - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Three Paths (88250 Views)

Silent Paths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Paths by shankies215(f): 12:21pm On Dec 26, 2015
Merry christmas Fantasyisland....nice piece here
Re: Three Paths by kayemjay(m): 4:51am On Dec 27, 2015
Fantasy Island,

I remember commenting on one of your stories, "I is for Infidelity...". Now, you have got me hooked on this. Like I told you that time, you make simplicity so beautiful. Context, content, location, structure, arrangement and pace are all perfect. A few typos here and there though but very negligible.

I am trying so hard to critique your work but I just cant. I could rearrange a few sentences but that would be it.

I don't read romance, even the ones written by very close female friends who are popular NL writers. But you, fantasyisland know just how to press my mumu button.

Thanks so much, and please update soon.

Warm Regards

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by kingphilip(m): 6:15am On Dec 27, 2015
kayemjay:
Fantasy Island,

I remember commenting on one of your stories, "I is for Infidelity...". Now, you have got me hooked on this. Like I told you that time, you make simplicity so beautiful. Context, content, location, structure, arrangement and pace are all perfect. A few typos here and there though but very negligible.

I am trying so hard to critique your work but I just cant. I could rearrange a few sentences but that would be it.

I don't read romance, even the ones written by very close female friends who are popular NL writers. But you, fantasy island know just how to press my mumu button.

Thanks so much, and please update soon.

Warm Regards
we await you
Re: Three Paths by stuff46(m): 6:27am On Dec 27, 2015
shankies215:
Merry christmas Fantasyisland....nice piece here

Re: Three Paths by shankies215(f): 6:54am On Dec 27, 2015
Re: Three Paths by stuff46(m): 7:14am On Dec 27, 2015
shankies215:
wink
you still here Long time?
Re: Three Paths by hottadiva(f): 11:10am On Dec 27, 2015
boss abeg finish that your story in sexuality na @kayemjay
Re: Three Paths by shankies215(f): 12:44pm On Dec 27, 2015
stuff46:

you still here Long time?
i've not been very much around like dat, How u doing
Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 3:58pm On Dec 27, 2015
Thank you everyone; hope your Christmas celebration went well? I had a quiet one and that's how I enjoy it.

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 3:59pm On Dec 27, 2015
[size=18pt]24[/size]
Tania parked her car in front of her fiancé's flat and horned repeatedly. It was Sunday and they always attended morning service together. She horned again but decided it was an exercise in futility. She finally picked up her phone and was punching in Wole's number when he pinged her:

Wole: I can hear you just fine, please come in dear.

Tania was a bit impatient, she served as an usher in church and Wole knew she didn’t like going late. However impatience turned into the shock the moment she made her way into his home. Wole was in the kitchen drinking tea when she strolled in ''what da hell!'' she swore.

He placed the red mug on the counter and held out a hand to her ''I can explain…''

''Towel? Wole Akinleye, you are putting on a towel by 9.45 am? Why didn’t you just tell me to be going my own jeje? It’s the same thing you did yesterday. You knew we had an engagement, you knew you would no longer be able to make it yet you kept quiet. I have to call you or come over to pick you before getting stuff like this? Is this fair? This thing you are doing to me is it good?''

''I'm so sorry, you have no idea. Sit down and let me get dressed, we'll go for 3rd service…''

''Lie lie!'' Tania yelled. ‘’You know the work I do on Sundays plus my lesson note is there’’

''You didn't even ask what happened''

2 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 4:00pm On Dec 27, 2015
''You can tell me all about it in the car dear''

''Tania, I didn’t get much sleep. I slept by 4am or so, can't you see how red my eyes are?''

Then Tania relaxed. For the first time, she could see how red his eyes looked. She had been prancing about and had forgotten to pay close attention to the person she had been chatting with. Wole looked tired like a weary old man. He looked like someone who carried the weight of the world on his shoulder and she felt sorry for him. She dropped her bag on the kitchen counter and moved closer to him with a worried look on her face ''are you okay babes?''

As she spoke, she placed the back of her palm on his forehead but his temperature was fine. ''Are you ill or something or did you hang out late last night?''

''None of the above. I stayed up all night playing games then I managed to catch some sleep by 4am''

''Why so late?''

''I was preoccupied with some thoughts, that’s all''

She held his hand and led him towards his long couch ''what happened?'' she whispered.

''I think I may be out of a job!''

''Jesus Christ! What happened?''

Then Wole cracked and told her everything. He hid nothing from her even his earlier involvement. However as a guy man, he minimized his earlier involvement before he found out who Ebube was. He made it seem he was trying to help her as opposed to encouraging the sexual banter. Once he was done, Tania sighed heavily and threw her face away. She stared at nothing in particular for some seconds and Wole was starting to feel foolish for confiding in her ''Tania, are you okay? T, talk to me'' Wole pleaded.

Then she looked at him and smiled with an announcement ''the devil is a liar! We will talk about this extensively but first you have to get ready for church. More than ever before, we need to seek the face of God. If you hurry up, we can still make the second service. Please go and have your bath, I'll be waiting in the car''

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 4:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
Kenneth Abe could hardly sit still all through service in church. His wife looked at him a couple of times as he shifted uncomfortably on the seat. At a point, she asked him if he was okay and he shook his head to indicate he wasn’t. He felt terrible lying to her. She looked very beautiful today with her long weave that swept the side of her face. She was wearing a Green knee length flowered dress with a black killer stiletto to match. She had not changed much since their university days, perhaps it was because she had not given birth yet. She had added a little weight on her arms and thighs but she looked like sweet sixteen with her flat tummy.

Kenneth thought this looked cool at first, but over the years he often wished she would come out one day with a real protruding tummy… just a little - not that her faith inspired balloon tummy. He wished she would walk up to him and say she was pregnant. He wished she could carry a baby to term and make him proud. Then he wouldn’t give a rat's ass if her tummy was rounded or not. He would accept her tummy condition however it turned out as long as a baby came out…

''It must be that left over moimoi'' Nat whispered. ''I told you to leave it alone last night. It was too late to eat…''

Ken groaned in reply but said nothing else. He had set the ball rolling and he knew his wife would pick the bait. That was Nat for you; she could not bear to see him writhing in pain. Again, he felt so guilty doing all this to her, but like his friend once told him, it was not personal. He was only looking out for his own interest. True to his thoughts, long before the end of service, Natasha leaned closer to him and whispered ''would you like us to leave now?''

''Yes please''

The drive home was one of the longest in his entire life. All of a sudden, the short drive from Ligali Ayorinde to Osborne Foreshore Estate became something else.

The driver was not driving fast enough! At some point, Ken wanted to take the key from him and drive himself, but he decided to remain sane. Once they got home, he flung his native aside and wore something casual while Natasha continued to fuss around him like a mother hen. She brought some medicine his way, but he frowned like it was poison ''would you like pepper soup or something else?'' she asked.

''No''

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 4:03pm On Dec 27, 2015
''You've got to take something dear!'' Natasha wailed out in despair. Sometimes something strong like pepper soup will soothe your tummy’’

Then Ken frowned and she changed tactics ''what of salt water?’’

‘’Okay get me the salt water thing''

She rushed off and arrived with a glass of salt water solution and Kenneth knew he was sunk. He wished he had asked for something else instead. He was hypertensive and salt was his enemy. Meanwhile, Natasha stared at him as he held the glass, she was waiting for him to drink the entire content! Ken put the glass to his lips and took a sip then he gave it back to her ''I feel a lot better dear’’ he announced.

‘’Are you sure that was enough; you barely took a mouthful’’ she paused for a while and watched as he continued to frown his face ‘’abi do you want let me crush small scent leaf and do scent leaf drink for you? Abi would you like to chew dandelion leaf? It works like magic for me’’

‘’Let me rush to the pharmacy and take something instead''

''Would you like Dan to get it instead? What medicine is that by the way?''

By now Ken was getting irritated with all her fussing about and his tone made it clear ''I feel a whole lot better especially after using the toilet. I'm not sure of the name but once I see the sachet, I'll know'' then he picked up his car key and walked out of the bedroom. She followed him behind and continued to advise him to take things gently. It was typical Natasha but he was sick and tired of her today.

The moment he was out of the house, he heaved a sigh of relief and tuned into his favourite radio station. First stop was the pharmacy. He had to get that drug, Natasha was a nosey person and he knew her quite well. She might ask about it later and it would be great if the packet was lying around somewhere. As soon as he came out of the pharmacy, he threw a tablet on the floor and flung the medicine packet on his passenger’s seat.

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 4:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
Next stop was Lekki Phase One, the home of Miss Okiemute Daisy Oki. Something had happened that morning when he woke up. It was something she (Okiemute) knew never to do. She had called him on his main line! She had not sent a text but called and there was good reason for it. She had told him something and her words still made him shiver.

And all the while he drove to her place, he kept thinking of what she said earlier that morning ''we need to see Ken. It has happened; I am pregnant!''

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Zeinymira(f): 4:18pm On Dec 27, 2015
this is interesting
Re: Three Paths by virtuedagirl(f): 4:19pm On Dec 27, 2015
hum!pregnancy?i neva saw dis coming so fast
Re: Three Paths by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 27, 2015
Can I follow? #lol#

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by gal10(f): 4:39pm On Dec 27, 2015
Issorait
Re: Three Paths by kayemjay(m): 4:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
hottadiva:
boss abeg finish that your story in sexuality na @kayemjay

Lol. You this babe! So you like bad thing like this? Lol. But wait o. How come I have never seen your break lights on that thread ever? I don dey suspect your membership for Ghost Readers Association of Nairaland (GRAN).

Anyways, cos of you i WILL RESUME IN THE NEW YEAR. Can I get an Amen?

kingphilip:
we await you
My brother, I see you! I see all the mentions too. Pretty soon, I am sure you will hear from me.
Re: Three Paths by olashas(f): 6:53pm On Dec 27, 2015
Side chick is pregnant. Here we go...
Re: Three Paths by stuff46(m): 7:40pm On Dec 27, 2015
shankies215:
i've not been very much around like dat, How u doing
I have been around, looking for your heels in public.
Re: Three Paths by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 27, 2015
After 10 years...
We haven't gotten to know about natasha storyline
What has she been upto apart from the marriage ??
Has she changed her way as per aristo level??
How was she able to climb the ladder so fast and get to pull strings for her husband??

Fantasyisland
Re: Three Paths by hottadiva(f): 11:25pm On Dec 27, 2015
[quote author=kayemjay post=41391374]

Lol. You this babe! So you like bad thing like this? Lol. But wait o. How come I have never seen your break lights on that thread ever? I don dey suspect your membership for Ghost Readers Association of Nairaland (GRAN).

Anyways, cos of you i WILL RESUME IN THE NEW YEAR. Can I get an Amen?

Amen oooo lol. was still new back then but commented on your detective story in literature
Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 6:01am On Dec 28, 2015
pastorpussy:
After 10 years...
We haven't gotten to know about natasha storyline
What has she been upto apart from the marriage ??
Has she changed her way as per aristo level??
How was she able to climb the ladder so fast and get to pull strings for her husband??

Fantasyisland

All shall be revealed; keep reading.
Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 6:03am On Dec 28, 2015
[size=18pt]25[/size]
''I wouldn’t ask if it weren’t important'' Blossom said.

''I could do it but why would I do it for him?'' Belinda replied.

She was talking with Blossom in her apartment that hot Sunday afternoon. From time to time, Blossom would look at her watch in worry. She had been pleading with Belinda to help her husband but Belinda was not convinced. She didn’t really like Cosmos and Blossom knew it!

About 10 years ago, Belinda had helped Blossom with a surprise trip. It was not something Blossom was expecting after informing her friend she was getting married. Belinda was heartbroken but she wanted to do something special with her special friend before she tied the knot with the snotty doctor.

She provided her with an invitation letter and even pumped some money into her bank account for their special trip. That was just before her marriage to Cosmos Ndukwe. The trio had a lovely ladies only outing in the quintessential town of Irving. There was no way Blossom would have gotten her US visa without the help of Belinda and her generous parents. And now she was here seeking Belinda's help for Cosmos.

''Promise me you'll do it'' Blossom continued.

''I can't promise you anything but I'll think about it''

Blossom looked at her watch again and stood on her feet ''okay then let me go now''

''It’s a fücking kids party for God sake. Sit down!'' Belinda announced in annoyance.

''I've got to be back on time, Cosmos would be worried if…''

''Look at your life! Look at what that man has done to you. You just dropped those kids off and you're trying to pick them cos of Cosmos. It’s a kids party where children unwind but no, you've got to be the first parent to pick em up cos Cosmos says so! You can't even sit still and be calm while the kids unwind with their friends. You don’t have a life unless you are at home with a man called Cosmos. I saw beyond the he loves me, he loves me talk right from day one. Dude was so possessive but you failed to see it''

''Let's not do this again please''

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 6:04am On Dec 28, 2015
''We are talking about a medical doctor here but one would think he's an agbero or something else along that line. He is supposed to be learned and most supportive, but he's a tout in a white coat!''

''Okay nah''

''Blossom, you're smarter than this I swear. I knew something was wrong with that man. I told you then but you wouldn’t listen to me''

''Isn't it a bit late in the day to be saying that? I admit you were somehow right but is there any perfect marriage out there? Is there anything I can do to change this now?''

''I don’t know for you''

''So I ask again, isn't it a bit late in the day to be saying all this?''

''I agree it's late but allow me vent. I'm annoyed that’s why and now you're asking me to pay in some money and organise some sort of invitation letter for him. Why would I do that for someone I pretend to like? It's not like I'm resident there full time''

''I know but you helped me then and you can help him too. You know people there that will help you. Your siblings are there and they would do anything for you''

''Yeah right?''

''Bel, if you want to help me, you know you can. You told me your brother's wife just put to bed. He can swing something for Cosmos like an invitation to his baby's christening abi naming ceremony. He can even do it like a normal holiday for him. Please help me now''

''I don’t know Blossom, I'm still thinking''

''All you have to do is snap your finger and this invitation letter is in your email. Why are you doing this to me nah? Why are you making things so difficult for me? Why are you acting like I'm asking you for the world? You know in your heart this is a small request''

''Are you saying dude does not have a single friend in the States who can swing that for him?''

''He doesn't. I wouldn’t be asking for your help if he did''

''Fück him, he's an arrogant bástard that’s why!''

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 6:05am On Dec 28, 2015
''Belinda, this is my husband''

''Oh don’t even bring that leg here. Don’t try to make it seem like I'm the jealous butch that sees nothing good in your emotionally abusive horseband''

''I can't believe you would use my words against me in my time of need. I can't believe you would march me to the ground when I'm already on my knees…''

Then Belinda screamed ''what are you still doing with that man? You hate him!''

''He is my husband, the father of my children. Do I just walk away with our kids and begin to play house with you?''

''Yes, yes and I say a big bloody yes!''

''What is wrong with you? This is Nigeria with 14 years hanging over our heads. Have you forgotten or what?''

''You should never have married that man. Look at you, a graduate and all you do is sit pretty at home and cook his meals. He won't let you work, but now he needs your contact to travel out. You can't fight for yourself no more. You used to have dreams, big dreams. You wanted to be a newscaster but someone's got you thinking loose women do that! Who in God's name thinks like that but Cosmos?''

''That’s not really his reason but the one you formulated in your head. All he wants is for the kids to grow up a bit before I start that kind of demanding job. My boy is just…''

''I can give you contacts in them stations plus you have the look that TV cries out for. I have someone who is willing to take you on as an intern and I know you can do it but dude would not let you be''

''I can't do that sort of work now. I can't leave house from morning to night with kids so young. Cosmos would not agree so what can I do?''

''You can leave. Yes, come with me and we'll travel out or something. I've always suggested that. If we can't express ourselves here, we can do that outside the shores of Nigeria. No one would look at us twice in a place like…''

''And my kids?''

''Bring them if you must''

''Bring them if I must? I love my kids and I could never leave them behind''

''Bring them then''

''And my husband? Do I just take them out of his life? Is he not their father? Would that be fair for them? Those children love their father and they deserve to have him in their lives as well. They didn’t ask for any of this so why should I deprive them of that precious relationship?''

''Oh God, here we go again!'' Belinda groaned.

2 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 6:06am On Dec 28, 2015
''Then how do I explain my lifestyle to my kids? How do I get them to understand mummy loves women? How would they understand you are more than a friend to me? My first daughter is old enough for God sake and that would kill her faster than anything else! Can't you see why you need to drop this running away talk? I can't leave my husband or my kids and you've got to understand that. My family is not ideal but I appreciate my life…'' then Blossom began to cry ''I appreciate my family but I love you…''

Then Belinda began to cry too ''is this fair for me? Is it fair I live the rest of my life like this? I didn’t create myself. I didn’t ask to be like this so why should I continue to suffer? Why should I sit waiting for you until Cosmos hurts you and you need me again? Why should you eat your cake and still have it?''

Suddenly Blossom stopped crying. It was the first time she would see Belinda cry in years. Usually, she was the one who cried whenever she told tales of what Cosmos was doing or not doing. She also cried whenever she was frustrated of her marriage or whenever she felt guilty - guilty because she was stringing Belinda along. Guilty because the poor girl was stuck and that was because she (Blossom) was somehow stuck. Well she was not really stuck because she was moving on with her kids and husband while Belinda remained like a statue. She had no meaningful relationship and had not bothered getting into a proper one. The last attempt was with the architect but it ended as quickly as it started.

To the outside world, whenever Belinda was asked about the man she would say, ''God's time is the best'' but she knew there was nothing like that. She didn’t like men and had no intention of getting into that sort of relationship. She didn’t like the idea of getting pregnant or having kids with a man.

After some time, Blossom wrapped an arm around Belinda's and began to whisper to her ''hey shush! Don’t cry or perhaps you should cry some more, I've not seen you cry in ages!''

Immediately, they began to laugh together. They held hands and the tears dried up in their eyes. Belinda looked into Blossom's eyes and clutched her arms ''just leave him, do it for me''

''Hush now!'' Blossom whispered. She placed a finger on her lips and Belinda shook her head to get rid of it. She looked like a child who was about to throw a temper tantrum. The pair began to laugh again and this time, it culminated in kisses - deep sensual kisses. They began to struggle to take their clothes off when Blossom groaned ''I got to go babes not today… please don’t look at me like that''

''You will go but not now. This is the first time you are coming to my place in how many weeks?''

''I can't Belinda, I can't…''

''My husband, my sister-in-law, market things, children plait hair, my this, my that so what of me? Now I've got you, you want to run away again. We've not being together like together in ages''

''I'm trying to quit, I can't keep doing this''

''Yes you can and you will! You need my help with your husband's visa. You will call him now in my presence and tell him you will be coming home late''

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 6:07am On Dec 28, 2015
''I can't…''

Belinda ignored her and continued talking ''you will tell him I had visitors so you had to be patient. You will tell him you had to wait for that reason. You will tell him it was imperative because I was travelling the following day''

''Then the kids…''

''It’s a kid's party, they'll be fine. They'll even thank you for coming late. Now pick up your phone and call him''

Blossom ignored her for a minute and sighed deeply as she pondered on what to do next. Then Belinda got up and picked up her bag. She rifled through it until she found what she was looking for - Blossom's phone. She dialled Cosmos's number and placed the call on speaker before throwing the phone at her. Almost immediately, Cosmos picked and began to speak with his wife. And as they spoke, Belinda planted herself behind Blossom back and bit into her shoulder. Blossom gritted her teeth together but continued talking in a normal tone. She didn’t want to make any noise and arouse Cosmos suspicion. She knew why Belinda did that, she was jealous and doing stuff like that made her feel good. Sometimes Belinda was sexually hard on her, but she sort of liked it. It felt bad and good at the same time. It felt painful and sweet all at the same time.

And now Belinda was doing something else and it felt utterly good. She continued to plant kisses along Blossom's back and as she did, goose pimples appeared all over.

@Idiataqueen are you happy? Gal10 welcome.

2 Likes

Re: Three Paths by labaski(f): 6:57am On Dec 28, 2015
bring it on ma'am...
Re: Three Paths by gal10(f): 7:19am On Dec 28, 2015
I saw this coming!!
Re: Three Paths by olashas(f): 9:22am On Dec 28, 2015
The fun part cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (37) (Reply)

Lethal Matrimony / The Devil In The Suit / Last Gang Standing (Crime)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.