Stats: 3,151,433 members, 7,812,287 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Three Paths - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Three Paths (88242 Views)

Silent Paths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Paths by Idiataqueen(f): 9:36am On Dec 28, 2015
[quote author=Fantasyisland post=41406611]''I can't…''

Belinda ignored her and continued talking ''you will tell him I had visitors so you had to be patient. You will tell him you had to wait for that reason. You will tell him it was imperative because I was travelling the following day''

''Then the kids…''

''It’s a kid's party, they'll be fine. They'll even thank you for coming late. Now pick up your phone and call him''

Blossom ignored her for a minute and sighed deeply as she pondered on what to do next. Then Belinda got up and picked up her bag. She rifled through it until she found what she was looking for - Blossom's phone. She dialled Cosmos's number and placed the call on speaker before throwing the phone at her. Almost immediately, Cosmos picked and began to speak with his wife.Thanks for d update,madame fantasy,ok let me guess belinda will later get married after a series of deliverance from tb joshua and blossom marriage will crush gbammm pls dont ask me ow i know dis o.
Re: Three Paths by stuff46(m): 12:23pm On Dec 28, 2015
Skimpledawg you see you woman-like friend Wole grin
Re: Three Paths by Skimpledawg(m): 12:53pm On Dec 28, 2015
stuff46:
Skimpledawg you see you woman-like friend Wole grin
Ogbeni free dat niqqa... Wole is the perfect definition of a GENTLEMAN.. forget d sexx thingy, he had a Fiancee and dint wana cheat on her... Lovely! I really wish ah culd be like dat.

even oga kayemjay stopped by? cheesy... Dz is rovely! Stuff46, bring 2 bottuz of Heineken and a plate of crocodile tail peppersoup for him... Na my Oga.
Re: Three Paths by kayemjay(m): 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2015
Skimpledawg:

Ogbeni free dat niqqa... Wole is the perfect definition of a GENTLEMAN.. forget d sexx thingy, he had a Fiancee and dint wana cheat on her... Lovely! I really wish ah culd be like dat.

even oga kayemjay stopped by? cheesy... Dz is rovely! Stuff46, bring 2 bottuz of Heineken and a plate of crocodile tail peppersoup for him... Na my Oga.

My Boss himself. I throwey salute o.

Bros, I dey always dey here o. I am always GhostModing on Nl but I rarely make comments. So when I do, it means I have been superbly touched by something good to exit ghost mode.
Re: Three Paths by Skimpledawg(m): 4:07pm On Dec 28, 2015
kayemjay:

My Boss himself. I throwey salute o.

Bros, I dey always dey here o. I am always GhostModing on Nl but I rarely make comments. So when I do, it means I have been superbly touched by something good to exit ghost mode.
Respect man! Ya story (AEWE) made me register on nairaland just to comment. yu b anoda silent senior chairman we get for nairaland.... But abeg coman kontinue ya SHADOWCORP tori na mbok. I don refresh d page taya...

#btw, merry xmas boss. Stuff46, wia is d order i placed? undecided
Re: Three Paths by stuff46(m): 4:10pm On Dec 28, 2015
Skimpledawg:

Respect man! Ya story (AEWE) made me register on nairaland just to comment. yu b anoda silent senior chairman we get for nairaland.... But abeg coman kontinue ya SHADOWCORP tori na mbok. I don refresh d page taya...

Na only Orijin remain. Smh

Re: Three Paths by Skimpledawg(m): 4:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
stuff46:

Na only Orijin remain. Smh
Serve am like dat
Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 9:08pm On Dec 28, 2015
[size=18pt]26[/size]
Kenneth glanced at the rear view mirror one last time before opening the door. As he climbed up the staircase, he admired her white flat. Okiemute had plants in those orange coloured looking pots along her balcony. She loved nature and plants and Ken found it endearing for someone from her generation. The moment he raised his hand to knock, she flung the door open and announced in a breathy voice ''I've been waiting for you''

He ignored her and stepped inside her small parlour ''how is your body?'' he asked.

''Great! Right now it feels like nothing has happened. I feel like I felt 3 months ago''

''Okay so when did you find out about it?''

''Yesterday. I'd been feeling a bit queasy so I decided to do a home pregnancy test. It was positive, but I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. I wanted to get the correct pregnancy test like Clear Blue but I decided to go to the hospital instead. It's for real Ken. I've got the result'' Okiemute smiled at him in a weary manner and waited for his response.

She seemed unsure; she wasn't quite sure how he'd react. She hoped he would be happy, they had talked about it and he had sort of encouraged her to free herself and not bother with contraceptives. He didn’t say it out rightly, but he didn’t seem to mind having sex without a condom.

He had actually spoken about his longing to have a child one hot Sunday afternoon. Again, he didn’t ask her to bear his child but on that day, it was implied. And now it had happened, it was something else. She looked into his eyes but it showed no emotion ''do you have the result here?'' Ken asked. His tone was flat, his expression stoic.

Okiemute dashed off and returned with a small paper in hand. She gave it to Ken and he scrutinized it carefully. Then something happened, for the first time since he arrived, a smile appeared at the corner of his mouth ''congratulations!'' he announced.

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 9:09pm On Dec 28, 2015
Then Okiemute rushed into his arms and began to cry in relief. He lifted her small body off the ground and planted a kiss on her lips ''For a moment there, I thought you'd be mad'' she whispered.

''Am I mad? This is the best news I've heard in ages!'' then he placed her on the ground and they hugged like it was the last thing they would do on earth ''I'm going to be a father!'' Ken yelled then Okiemute clapped her hands in delight and continued to smile.

************************************************************************************************************

Wole and Tania sat in her old car, they had been talking for hours unending since they got back from church. Tania was parked in front of his house and no one remembered they were supposed to be at Folake and Jimi's house. At a point, Wole opened the passenger's door and began to fan himself ''you should have told me the first time it happened'' Tania said in a low voice. ''I would have quashed it. You should have trusted me enough to let me in on it. I swear it would not have gone this far. I would have handled those chat sessions in a way, she would have gotten the message yet remained unoffended. We women know how to handle such things but you men are soft. Most times, you men don’t know how to shrug off a woman that is hitting on you. In a culture where it rarely happens, little thing like that overwhelms you people''

''You have a point but would you have been there every time she was pinging me?''

''All I needed was one or two chat sessions with her. I swear that madness would have died from the root. That plant would have withered from the tinniest leaf to the deepest root in the earth. Wole, I'm not blaming you oh but I'm blaming you''

''Oh T…''

''I swear to my creator, I would have killed this thing faster than the speed of sound''

''Okay so what do I do now? How would my life be now I've shunned her completely? Can I ever have peace again? She is a woman scorned, she will do everything within her power to…''

''Just continue with your life as though nothing happened''

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 9:12pm On Dec 28, 2015
''Tania, what if she sets me up? What if she tells her husband lies about me? What if she turns this thing around and lies on my head? If I lose the favour of my boss then I'm as good as dead!''

''Maybe you should lose it so you learn to trust God more. My boss this, my boss that, sometimes you forget it is God that used your boss to give you that job. That favour could only have come from God himself. It is the same God that continually places your transfer in his heart even when you don’t disturb him. We need to go back to the drawing board and trust him to handle this matter. This thing is in the hand of God for now so let's just continue praying. You have apologised to her already and that will be the last message you would send in your life to that lady''

''Is that wise? Is it not now I should try and smoothen the rough edges? Is this not when I should at least try to make her not feel bad? You know how embarrassing it is to reject a woman especially one who has thrown caution into the wind. A slightly older one at that''

''Na me send am message? Na me say make she toast small boy? Na she cheapen herself na so she must to shame on top the matter’’

‘’Oh T, don’t be like that’’

‘’What are you saying then? That I should allow you continue chatting with her so she does not feel bad? Then when will the madness stop? If we have to do it right, then we need to do it right. You have to stop all the corner corner chat and call sessions with her. You cannot help her and she needs that to sink into her small skull. It is not in your position to carry her marital burden or play the good guy. You are neither her shrink nor her vicar. Your position as a junior staff in that company puts you in a precarious position. If we want to put it right, it starts now - right this minute. No more communication!''

''I hear you''

Then Tania held his hand and squeezed it tightly ''don’t just hear me but promise me. Promise me that you will not reply her chat or initiate any call. Avoid that woman like she had the mark of the beast! Feel me?’’

''I promise dear but I'm not going to block her though; that will be too rash. I need to pull off gradually…''

''Pull off as you wish but while you pull, I don’t want the communication to continue. You must starve the beast and communication is its food''

''I promise Tania, I promise you''

''You'll keep me in the loop too?''

Wole smiled weakly and replied ''you don dey inside already nah?'' Then they began to laugh nervously. Soon enough, the laughter gave way to silence and they continued to stare at nothing in particular. Each was lost in their thought, but they continued to hold hands. They couldn’t let go.

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 9:17pm On Dec 28, 2015
Lets turn it up a notch!

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 9:18pm On Dec 28, 2015
[size=18pt]27[/size]
''Children get in, get in, now watch your fingers cos mummy is about to shut the door'' Blossom yelled. The kids continued to chatter and wave their party packs around their head.

''Mummy, Nkem took my second sweet and balloon''

''No I did not, it's mine!'' Nkem yelled.

''Mummy, see how she is finding my trouble. Mummy, now she is…''

Blossom looked at her children and yelled out in frustration ''Nkem, can't I talk with my friend for a minute? You are the oldest so you should know better'' then she turned around and addressed her friend ''thanks for everything dear and I'm so sorry for coming late''

''Don’t be silly now, I should be the one thanking you. Thanks for bringing them, the kids had fun and it was no bother. They were still playing when you came. If you leave them sef, they'll play from now till tomorrow''

''If I hear ehn! My dear, let me rush now. We still dey go far''

''It’s a Sunday so the roads will be clear. Bye now, bye kids''

''Kids say good bye to aunty''

''Byeeeeeeeeeeee'' everyone shouted back.

Then Blossom jumped into the car and began the long drive home. As she drove, the kids continued to prattle. There was so much noise around, but her head was blank, perhaps it was because she didn’t want to think. She didn’t want to remember what she had done, what she had spent the last two hours doing or saying. She always wondered why Belinda was living in denial. How could she think they could ever have a normal relationship? Why had she not decided to settle down as well? Perhaps Belinda was right about her. Maybe Belinda was a lesbian in the true sense of the world while she was bi sexual.

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 9:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
Other than her annoying husband and his possessive nature, she enjoyed her marriage. She loved her kids. She could not imagine life without them. She loved the pregnancy and child birth experience with all of them so what did that make her? A liar? A lily-livered lesbian in denial? An imposter or a fake lesbian wannabe?
Of course she enjoyed the relationship she shared with Belinda, but she could not give up her marriage or life to remain with her. Why couldn’t Belinda get that? How many more years would it take for her to just get it? Why couldn’t she just manage to get married or try to be normal while both of them continued with their side lesbianic runs. Was that too much to ask? Did that mean she didn’t love her? But of course she loved her. She enjoyed their time together but … ''mummy your phone is ringing!'' her older children shouted in unison.

Blossom hissed and stared at the phone. She didn’t want to pick it but she had to; it was her husband ''hello dear'' she began.

''Where are you people? Look at the time, its 9.15pm. It is late and they have school tomorrow''

''I'm at the estate gate, we are almost home''

''Goodness gracious, what a party! Shebi when next I say they won't go anywhere, you won't begin to argue with me? This is late! How can a responsible woman be moving around with kids at this hour and all in the name of party?''

''My dear, it was not the party. It’s a long story. The whole waiting was at Belinda's but it’s for a good cause’’

‘’Like hell; it had better be!’’

‘’The result is positive''

''Thank God for that. I boiled yam in your absence''

‘’Bless you although I doubt these kids would eat; I think they are stuffed already’’

‘’You nko?’’

‘’Yam is fine for me; nothing heavy though’’

‘’Let me fry the eggs then. Okay see you soon’’

‘’Thanks be with you in a bit’’

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 9:25pm On Dec 28, 2015
Later that night, after everyone had gone to bed, Cosmos wrapped his arms around his wife and whispered ''I'm sorry I was mad initially, but now I understand''

''Yeah''

''Yeah what ehn?'' he tried to kiss her neck but she shrugged him off ''what's wrong with you?'' Cosmos asked.

''Nothing much just tired''

''You get tired anytime I initiate sex. You're always tired and you have an excuse nearly every time''

''Perhaps you pick the wrong time, that’s why''

Cosmos ignored her and began to tug at the flimsy handle of her night gown. At a point, he paused and squinted ''when is the right time, you tell me?'' Blossom shut her eyes, but said nothing in reply. He had paused for a second but now, he was doing a lot of things with his tongues. And as he continued, she began to imagine it was someone else; someone with delicate fingers, someone who knew the right words to say and where to touch her. Someone by the name of Belinda ''so when is the right time?'' Cosmos continued ''how can I get to pick the right time like this other person?''

Suddenly the world stood still and Blossom froze in shock. Her head was starting to spin and a sound was ringing in her ears. It was a small annoying sound like a fly buzzing inside her ear. He continued to touch her but she pushed his hand away and got up ''excuse me, what does that mean?'' she asked in a small voice.

''Well someone gets it right all the damn time and I never quite get it''

Re: Three Paths by gal10(f): 9:25pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ok o grin :Dcosmos badoo
Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 9:27pm On Dec 28, 2015
She turned to look at him in shock and he had that sly look on his face. It seemed like he was clowning but it was not funny ''Cosmos, is that supposed to be a joke or something?’’ Blossom asked. ‘’Are you accusing me of infidelity? Are you saying I'm playing away?''
''Come back here and sit down, cant you take a small joke?''

''That is an expensive one Cosmos. Is it kongi that is making you talk like that or what?''

''You are acting so guilty so come let me check you down there. I know how I left you. It's been nearly two weeks plus since I hit it so it better be tight'' he continued to laugh but Blossom was horrified. As a matter of fact, she was more than horrified, she was frightened!

''Come and sit down please'' Cosmos said. He tapped the spot where she had just gotten from and smiled at her.

Blossom wanted to ask him to apologise, but she didn’t want to over flog the issue. So she sat down by his side and allowed him UnCloth her. As Cosmos took off the other hand of her nightie, he continued to kiss her neck. From time to time, he smiled but of course Blossom had no clue. After all, she couldn’t see his face. But Cosmos knew she had lied, he could see right past her folly. She had protested too loudly like a bare-faced liar would do! Besides he had proof that he was so willing to discard before her small protest. Now he knew her display was just a show of shame. She was protesting not because he lied, but because he had found out her secret.

He had proof on her fair skin. Her lover had left a small gift on her shoulder. It was a hickey.

Re: Three Paths by kayemjay(m): 9:31pm On Dec 28, 2015
Skimpledawg:

lol @silent senior chairman. I pray o. Thanks for the plenty psyching though.

I pray to resume soon.

Order gotten and devoured. Thanks.
Re: Three Paths by Skimpledawg(m): 11:05pm On Dec 28, 2015
Damn yu Belinda...

Am loving dz Cosmos
Re: Three Paths by mubzay(f): 5:12am On Dec 29, 2015
And that's how wole left tania for oga madam. I pray he doesn't lose his job eventually.
Re: Three Paths by Bb4u(f): 5:55am On Dec 29, 2015
tanx bae for the update...u rock!!!
Re: Three Paths by olashas(f): 6:52am On Dec 29, 2015
Beliinda left that hickey on purpose. To signify possession. Mehn these characters are crazy grin
Re: Three Paths by Idiataqueen(f): 7:01am On Dec 29, 2015
Chai what type of suspense is this oh God.
Re: Three Paths by stuff46(m): 7:54am On Dec 29, 2015
Doc. Ooooo
Re: Three Paths by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 29, 2015
Do you want this writer to get a little reward?Nominate this story for Story of the Month award here. https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=2818004
Re: Three Paths by Essyprity(f): 9:03am On Dec 29, 2015
I have a feeling this is gonna be a really long story but I'm not complaining as I'm enjoying it. U writing is really mature.
Re: Three Paths by virtuedagirl(f): 3:15pm On Dec 29, 2015
Dcosmos welldone. 4 wole&Tania i like u guys manner of approach,4 ken all i can say is wow! To fastasyisland tanks 4 d updates&keep them coming
Re: Three Paths by Teespice(f): 6:10pm On Dec 29, 2015
what is a hickey?
I am guessing it's a lovers bite or something.
Re: Three Paths by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 30, 2015
Fantasy Island

Can I have your number?
For whatsapp purposes.
Re: Three Paths by FactsTruths: 8:03pm On Dec 30, 2015
NeoVictory:
Fantasy Island
Can I have your number? For whatsapp purposes.
I bet my left bumbum.
Chai, if she know's who's typing this, she go surprise ehn.
Re: Three Paths by pryd(m): 1:30pm On Jan 02, 2016
yeahh finally caught up with the party. As usual, your delivery is topnotch! wink
Re: Three Paths by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 02, 2016
Something tells me Belinda left that hickey on purpose so Cosmos could see it,she'd do anything to have Blossom to herself, Wole should just listen to Tania and "weed" out that plant kiakia...weldone Fantasy, Still I read##
Re: Three Paths by Skimpledawg(m): 6:03pm On Jan 02, 2016
sade1:
Something tells me Belinda left that hickey on purpose so Cosmos could see it##
So true... Ah culd'nt av agreed more!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (37) (Reply)

Lethal Matrimony / The Devil In The Suit / Last Gang Standing (Crime)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62