Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,142 members, 7,829,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Three Paths - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Three Paths (88440 Views)

Silent Paths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 8:40pm On Jan 02, 2016
NeoVictory:
Fantasy Island

Can I have your number?
For whatsapp purposes.

Email will be a better way to reach me. Check for my email on page 0 (under my copyright notice) of this thread.
Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 8:46pm On Jan 02, 2016
God's blessings in this new year

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 8:47pm On Jan 02, 2016
[size=18pt]28[/size]
Wole Akinleye had little or no sleep the night before. And on Monday morning, he looked and sounded like a creature from Hades! He was on edge and could not take a simple joke from his colleagues. It was very unlike him, someone noticed he was acting crabby and teased him about it but when he didn’t smile, the person melted away.

All Sunday, Wole had not heard from a word from Ebube but he didn’t know if this was a good or bad thing. His mind certainly told him it was a bad thing. Wole was still lost in thought when a familiar voice wafted across the office ''I can't believe it and he didn’t inform me? I have an axe to grind with that man. When did this happen? Where is Wole?''

Immediately Wole pushed his chair aside and jumped up ''sir. Welcome sir'' he greeted.

''Come into my office please'' Charles replied.

Wole hurried into the office after him and shut the door. He looked around the office but his mind was somewhere else ''welcome sir'' he repeated. ''How was your trip sir?''

For a minute, Charles ignored him and continued to flip through some papers on his desk. Wole was worried, he didn’t know what was upsetting his boss and he was beginning to think it had something to do with the Mrs. A minute passed before Charles looked up and replied in a weary tone ''the trip was great until I got into the office''

''I hope no problem sir''

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 8:48pm On Jan 02, 2016
''The Costello brothers were around on Friday and I hear…'' suddenly Wole relaxed. The stiffness in his shoulder disappeared and the deep lines on his face gave way. He was not sure what his boss was about to say about the Costello brothers, but right now, he felt good - actually great. He felt like pumping his fist in the air then flying like a bird. It wasn’t as bad as he first imagined. He was willing to face any challenge thrown at him as long as it was not spurred on by the Mrs.

Some days later, while Blossom was having her bath, her husband was scrolling through her phone like a Scotland Yard detective. However, for all it was worth, he remained disappointed. Her phone was squeaky clean, there was nothing, no whiff of nothing to latch on to. For a moment, he wondered if he was not reading meaning into what he thought he saw.

Ever since the hickey incident, he had not said a thing about it. However he had become vigilant and weary of his wife. In addition, he was plagued with thought of the unknown. Perhaps it was not a hickey, maybe someone scratched her or something. Her skin was so fair and just a small bruise could end up looking like what he thought he saw. Cosmos scratched his head and continued to think of possible causes: perhaps it was a kid at the party or a door that swung in her way and hit her. Well the shoulder was an odd place to have that sort of injury. If it were a door, then it would be her arm.

Oh, he was going crazy just thinking about it! He wondered if he could just throw the question out there and accuse her outrightly. But he knew she would deny. The mere thought that a man was screwing his wife, made him sick to the pit of his stomach. But Cosmos was a very patient man. He was willing to watch and wait until he had proof or it turned out he was mistaken.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 8:49pm On Jan 02, 2016
Suddenly Blossom opened the door and stepped out with a pink towel around her chest. She smiled at her husband and he made no bones about the fact he was holding her phone.

''Found what you're looking for there?'' she teased. She had that annoying smile plastered on her face and Cosmos did not find it funny.

''You've cleaned it up abi?'' he asked.

''You've started something of lately; it began the other night and you’ve been going on about it. You tend to joke a lot about cheating but it's not funny. I would never accuse you of something so heinous. I would never joke in that manner, but you like to do it all the time''

''Blossom please''

''I don't even check your phone or stuff but you…''

''That’s because I've got nothing to hide dear. I'm the last man that would fóol around''

''I can safely say the same for myself''

''What happened to your shoulder then?''

''How do you mean?''

''The mark, look at the mirror and see what I mean''

Blossom walked towards the mirror and stared at the small dark spot which was nearly gone ''oh it’s just a bruise, someone bumped into me at the party with a tray of empty plates and stuff. It hurt me pretty bad that night but its all good now'' as she spoke, she eyed the bruise and ran a hand through. She kept touching it like it was a speck of dust she wanted to wipe off ''see it's almost healed’’ she continued ‘’that’s why I like this my skin, e nor dey retain mark''

''Hmm! If I didn’t know any better, I’ll say it looked very much like a love bite abi kiss mark on your shoulder''

‘’Here we go again...’’

‘’I’m just being honest. It looked very much like that on that night you arrived late with the kids’’

''I didn’t even notice it until you brought it up just now. And that my dear husband is the truth'' then she moved towards him and kissed his lips gently. As she did, he held her towel and pulled it downwards. She tried to replace it but he held her hand back and murmured ''I love the colour pink against your skin. Do you have time for another rough play before you dash out?''

''I'm game''

He ran a hand across her bóobies and swallowed hard. Ever since that night, he had been troubled and even now the feeling continued to plague him. If she were any chic out there, he wouldn’t be concerned. He would chop and clean mouth as the outsider was chopping too but this was his wife, the mother of his children. He didn’t want to imagine it was going on. He didn’t want to imagine someone was doing what he was doing like right now ‘’how would you like it?’’ Blossom whispered.

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 8:53pm On Jan 02, 2016
‘’Your favourite; why don’t you ride me? Ride me hard, really hard’’

‘’I sure will’’

''Of course you will, you will do anything to pacify me. Anything to take my mind off what is truly going on’’

‘’Free your mind dear; nothing is going on’’

‘’Blossom, I may be slow dear but I’m no fóol'' she stared into his eyes and swallowed hard. She had a calm look on her face like she didn’t understand the gravity of his words ''you've started this yeye talk again'' Blossom whispered. She tried to step backwards but he held on to her arm and pulled her even closer ''Cosmos, you're hurting my arm'' she cried out.

''You're struggling that’s why. Once you relax, you'll realize I'm merely touching you. It hurts because you won't stay still''

''But your grip is tight''

''And it will be tighter once I get proof. Be careful my dear, I don’t have proof but don’t think you are smart'' then he released her arm. Immediately Blossom picked her towel from the floor and fled from the bedroom.

Cosmos stared at her retreating figure but he didn’t move a muscle. It was all part of the bigger plan. He did those things to unsettle her, to watch her slip up, watch her say or do something. Blossom was a naturally quiet woman so a lot of things could be masked. He had to unsettle her; it was all part of psychological training. He didn’t like to do it but it was the only way he knew. He needed to get over with it. He needed to know if his suspicion was true. He needed to get on with his life. He needed his peace.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Paths by olashas(f): 11:33am On Jan 03, 2016
Oh boy

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by stuff46(m): 12:59pm On Jan 03, 2016
olashas:
Oh boy
Fear fear
Re: Three Paths by olashas(f): 5:13pm On Jan 03, 2016
stuff46:

Fear fear
tongue grin
Re: Three Paths by Idiataqueen(f): 6:10pm On Jan 03, 2016
Nice update.
Re: Three Paths by write2obi(m): 10:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
I think blossom is underreacting to cosmos's accusation, and that is making her look guilty.
Cosmos on the other hand is really going about the whole thing the wrong way, what becomes of your marriage if you later found out your wife is innocent?
Re: Three Paths by stuff46(m): 7:34am On Jan 04, 2016
You miss road.

write2obi:
I think blossom is underreacting to cosmos's accusation, and that is making her look guilty.
Cosmos on the other hand is really going about the whole thing the wrong way, what becomes of your marriage if you later found out your wife is innocent?

Not in this case.

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by write2obi(m): 7:54am On Jan 04, 2016
stuff46:
You miss road.

Not in this case.
we(readers) know she is not innocent, but cosmos doesn't know, he is just acting on (a bruise he found on her shoulder "who does that" ) instincts .
Do you think its right to Openly accuse your wife of infidelity when you've got nothing on her?.

2 Likes

Re: Three Paths by stuff46(m): 8:37am On Jan 04, 2016
write2obi:

we(readers) know she is not innocent, but cosmos doesn't know, he is just acting on (a bruise he found on her shoulder "who does that" ) instincts .
Do you think its right to Openly accuse your wife of infidelity when you've got nothing on her?.

a bruise on his wife's shoulder make him think now that she is now cheating. Wtf, why in the first place would his mind even go far that extent.

I will surely like Belinda on the dude's nature. He is just not good off for her.
Re: Three Paths by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 04, 2016
Fantasyisland, where are you
Abeg, come and update
#starving
Re: Three Paths by Skimpledawg(m): 11:05pm On Jan 04, 2016
#still observing! ...
Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 11:51pm On Jan 04, 2016
Blossom watched her phone as it continued to ring. She ignored it for as long as she could but when it became relentless, she finally picked ‘’sup chic?’’ Belinda sang. ‘’What’s the matter? You haven’t been picking my calls or replying my messages all day long’’

‘’You need to quit with the incessant calling. I’m sure you got my last text?’’

‘’Yes I did but I didn’t understand it. I was worried’’

Then Blossom began to speak in a harsh tone ‘’you need to quit, if you call me twice in a row and I don’t pick then know it’s not convenient for me. A lot of stuff is going on in my home and if you like me as you claim, you would lay off for the time being’’

‘’This is no longer funny chic, what is going on?’’

‘’Lay off my back Belinda and don’t sit on me like you're a tumour’’

‘’What did I do wrong?’’

Then Blossom spat out in anger ‘’you know what you did the other night!’’

‘’I know what I did right that last time so...’’

‘’You bit me! You bit my shoulder and put a mark on purpose. Why would you do that?’’

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 11:53pm On Jan 04, 2016
‘’Ouch did it hurt that bad? I know you like it rough so...’’

‘’It’s not funny; Cosmos saw it and it has turned into something else. He has been singing with it ever since and accusing me of cheating on him. My home is tensed up and I’m not happy. The other day, I caught him going through my phone and ... I can’t deal and it’s all your fault’’

Suddenly Belinda was quiet – very quiet ‘’I’m sorry about that’’ she whispered. ‘’I would never do that on purpose. I would never act so reckless and put you in harm way. I would...’’

‘’We need to lay low. Do you understand?’’

‘’Of course I do. Any reasonable person would understand your position. I’m so sorry chic, take all the time you need. I mean if you even need me to help with...’’

‘’That won’t be necessary. I’m sorry but I’ve got to go now, Cosmos would be back any moment from now’’ then Blossom cut the call and Belinda stared at her phone in shock ‘’fúck sake!’’ she mouthed.

She didn’t realize it but she had squeezed the paper she had been fingéring nicely while on the call. She stared at the paper which had crumpled into a ball and she hissed in anger. She was angry, so angry so she got up and knocked off her bottled water onto the floor.

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 11:54pm On Jan 04, 2016
A month later
Okiemute and Fejiro had just finished a small pot of Ukodo and Fejiro belched in gratitude ''eww!'' Okiemute announced.

''I'm sorry Ms Butty, it was not done on purpose. Chei, this food sweet die!''

''Nor be lie. By the way, when last did you see uncle?''

''Which uncle?'' Okiemute asked in a sarcastic tone.

''Quit playing jo! When I mean uncle you know who I am talking about - Uncle Monday''

''Nor be lie. I feel so guilty, I've not been there in ages''

''You have not been there in the last two months or so! Check am nah''

''You're making me feel bad''

''You should feel worse. Uncle has been asking of you. Anytime I come from my weekend trip, that’s the first thing he says - how is Okiemute? Has she forgotten us or what?''

''Really?''

''Yeah''

''I beg make the guy free me jo! I'm working on something for him. It's not the small small change someone is giving him that should excite him. By the time I'm done, all my sins will be wiped away. I’m talking clean slate. I'm working on something big for him - very big''

''Like what?''

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 11:55pm On Jan 04, 2016
''A contract''

''Wow! If you can swing that off it will be great for Uncle Monday. Christmas is fast approaching and he can use that to hold body until the new-year''

''E go pass new-year sef''

''By the way, who would give him the contract?''

''Who before, na Ken nah''

''Eh yah, may God bless him. Dear cousin, you're not looking bad oh. This one I've been away for our long holiday so. You're looking like a million box, see your skin shinning. What have you been up to all this time I was away?''

''Quite a lot. Go and drop pot then come back let me gist you - hot one!''

Fejiro did more than dropping the pot. She washed it and hurried back into the small living room ''I'm all ears'' she announced. She sat down on the floor and stretched out her legs.

''What if I told you that thing Ken was suggesting that time has happened?''

‘’Which thing?’’

‘’That thing nah; the jackpot!’’

''It cannot happen'' Fejiro replied. She continued to shake her head in denial. Thereafter she burst out laughing but she noticed Okiemute was not laughing with her ''are you not joking?'' she whispered.

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 11:56pm On Jan 04, 2016
''No'' Okiemute replied in a low voice. She continued to stare at her cousin with wide eyes.

‘‘But we just had this conversation the other time. Are you saying you’ve been banging him raw before we had that conversation?’’

Okiemute said nothing else, she merely eyed her and threw her face away ‘’did you do this on purpose or what?'' Fejiro continued.

''Not really. I didn’t sha plan for it like that but God…''

''God what? Don’t call God here. He has nothing to do with it''

''Well they said man proposes while God disposes besides children are gifts from God''

''Weren't you using protection like we discussed. God, don't tell me you were still on the pill. That is kiddies protection nah''

''What did you think I'd be using, IUD or injection?''

''Dear God! I don’t know. You're a big girl and I can't dictate contraception for you, but I expected you to be on something solid, something more secure. So what are you going to do now?''

''I don’t know yet''

''Okiemute, is this a joke or something? Haba April Fool don pass nah. Why are you teasing me?''

''Fejiro, I'm not teasing you. I am pregnant about 6 weeks gone''

‘’6 weeks? You’ve been clearly shagging that guy raw nah. I bet you’ve already made up your mind to have his kids before opening up to me that last time’’

‘’God alone knows’’

''Wow! I'm getting dizzy on top your matter oh. Babe, if this is real, I expect you to be rolling the dice as per hospital things sharply. In short you suppose don roll dice tey tey''

''I can't'' Okiemute replied in a strange but determined voice.

''Can't what? Are you ready for this? Are you ready to become a single mother or is Ken going to take you as his second wife? Are you ready to become a mistress or follow first wife and start …''

''I'm keeping the baby besides Ken is aware. I have his full support''

2 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 11:58pm On Jan 04, 2016
''Shuo! Ogeneme, what is all this I am hearing? Babe, are you okay? Was this the plan? You don carry matter judge for Ken nah nah nah nah? Of course he would ask you to keep it. That’s a man who has been thirsting for a child since God knows when. He was the last person you were supposed to tell. What's gone wrong with you for God sake? I was away on holiday, but I was only a phone call away''

''Fejiro, calm down for Jesus''

''I'm trying to be calm here, but each time you speak, you leave me even more confused. I don’t know what is going on anymore. Dear cousin, you've gone soft for another woman's husband. I said it then and I was right. You've fallen in love with someone that can and would never wife you. You want to join the baby mama gang? Like seriously?''

''How dare you Fejiro? I've been bearing your tongue but how dare you say that?''

''I've got to be blunt with you dear cousin. If you birth this child today what do you think they would call you? Is it not baby mama? This was never the plan in the first place. You wanted to use Ken's head to build skyscraper then keep body and soul together. Now listen to yourself speak…''

''Fejiro, you need to calm down because na me carry the belle. You are crying louder than the bereaved''

''Perhaps I am but that’s because I'm trying to knock some sense back into your head!''

Then Okiemue stood up and eyed her cousin ''I know what this is all about. You are jealous of my success''

''Wow, wow! Hang on a minute Charlie…''

''You've always wanted to be in my shoes. You want to be like me so badly, but all you've got going is your same employer, suffer head, private teacher boyfriend who is in the same boat with you!''

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 12:00am On Jan 05, 2016
Then Fejiro got up and staggered backwards in disbelief ''I'm sorry if you feel this way about me'' she whispered.

''Oh I didn’t know until just now. You want me to throw my baby away abi?''

''Keep it if you must, but please don’t question my loyalty to you''

''Liar! You've always acted like I owe you something. Fejiro, I don’t owe you anything. We came into this life through different mothers and with different mission. I will not fulfill your life's destiny just because I have a kind benefactor. You go and find your own!''

Then Fejiro began to cry. She was shocked at what her cousin was spewing but Okiemute was not done ''why are you crying? You can dish dirt but you can't take the same dirt. When you were calling me baby mama just now shebi your mouth was sharp? Would you lie that you haven’t always relied on me to do the hard work, snag the rich man then show you mercy?''

''Show me mercy? Okiemute, are you God? You want to take the place of God in my life sake of say wetin nah?''

''Sake of say I help you. Sake of say I've done so much for you. Sake of say I've helped you by opening doors for you and introducing you to important people. It is not my fault you were not smart enough to seize the golden opportunity and walk through those doors''

''I don’t blame you sha''

''Were it not for my help, you'll still be living in Lakowe! Remain small you for enter Epe continue to dey suffer sef. I've been kind to you. You are living off my generosity and rubbing shoulders with the high and…''

''What the hell are you talking? I practically live at Lakowe. My job is a stone throw from Uncle's house. I gain more by staying at that corner but you practically beg me to come and keep you company every weekend. Have you forgotten so soon?''

''But you enjoy it, don’t you? You enjoy when you come here and eat what you wouldn’t have eaten otherwise. You enjoy when you come here and Ken asks you to join us on an outing. You enjoy the double dates we usually have. You enjoy when I pair you with Ken's friends and they dash you money''

''How many double dates have I had with you guys? E don pass two abi three?''

''Listen, let me tell you, even if Ken says he wants nothing to do with my baby, is flushing the only advice you can proffer? What sort of person are you sef and you claim to be my cousin!''

''I'm sorry, I meant no harm…''

''Sure you meant harm. You didn’t even ask my opinion on the issue. You just asked me to flush my baby like it were not a living thing. Is it not this same pregnancy some people having been finding up and down?''

2 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 12:01am On Jan 05, 2016
''Okiemute, I'm sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you. I thought we were on the same page. I thought you needed me to talk sense to …''

''No you hold it right there! There is no we. We never had an agreement on what to do in the event I got pregnant. You don’t have a stake here. You don’t have a right to tell me to abort my baby in such a flippant manner''

''I apologise''

''I forgive you, but I won't forget this conversation in a hurry. I don’t know how you can right the wrong you've just spewed. I don’t know how you can look me in the eye and say you love me or love this baby I'm carrying. In short, I beg come and do and be going''

''I said I'm sorry''

''I'm going to kindly ask that you pack your things and leave my place until this blows over…''

''Are you serious after I've apologised?''

''Fejiro, please leave my house before I call Ken and this gets out of hand. Pack your things and leave first until I decide otherwise''

''Are we now quarrelling?''

''We are not quarrelling, but I need my head in a good place. I need to have people who love and support me. I need people who care for me''

''I care for you Okiemute! I may not support or understand your decision but I care for you''

''Leave my house this minute!'' Okiemute yelled.

Then Fejiro ran out of the living room with tears running down her eyes. She entered the bedroom they shared and looked around. She didn’t have much to park anyway. Most of her things remained at Uncle Monday's, but she had just arrived from Warri so her travelling bag was in a corner. She tugged at the handle and walked out of her cousin's house with a heavy heart.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 12:02am On Jan 05, 2016
[size=18pt]29[/size]

Eb: I've been calling you since God knows when and you've been playing dumb. I don’t know what the attitude is for. I should be the angry person here not you. Do you have any idea why I'm trying to reach you?

Wole looked at the message and threw his face away. Within the last few weeks, her calls and messages had intensified after the embarrassing visit the month before. Prior to that time she had ignored him for nearly two weeks. It was like she had been hibernating and had just woken up to realize it was summer.

In the third week, she began by sending him dumb text messages. They were inspirational quotes or even biblical passages with a hint of motivational nonsense. Then by the fourth week, she was back to pinging, texting and generally harassing the young man. Then she continued:

Eb: You are not the only one who is upset. I am not only upset but disappointed but I'm still reaching out to you.

About 10 minutes later with no reply, she sent another message:

Eb: Are you really ignoring me? Are you going to continue like I'm speaking to myself? Okay then goodbye. God bless you.

Then Wole tossed his phone aside and heaved a sigh of relief. That was one chat session down with many more to come.

TBC

5 Likes

Re: Three Paths by write2obi(m): 12:06am On Jan 05, 2016
...still reading, still following
Re: Three Paths by LarrySun(m): 12:15am On Jan 05, 2016
Hello Fantasyisland, How are you? This is a nice work. I need to discuss online publishing with you. If you're interested, kindly contact me via larrysun4real@yahoo.com.

Bless you.
Re: Three Paths by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 05, 2016
Thanks for the updates ma'am. Please keep the coming. What I like most is always the scene or conversation of Ebube and Wole.
Re: Three Paths by Ossaifamous(m): 8:11am On Jan 05, 2016
I spend the whole night reading rill the last page.... am happy I did and the author is wonderful
Re: Three Paths by olashas(f): 1:01pm On Jan 05, 2016
cheesy
Re: Three Paths by Tobillionaire19: 3:56pm On Jan 05, 2016
Temitopehleb:
Thanks for the updates ma'am. Please keep the coming. What I like most is always the scene or conversation of Ebube and Wole.

Ashewo boi tongue
Re: Three Paths by teamplayey: 4:01pm On Jan 05, 2016
Thank you, Fantasyland. Happy New Year

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (37) (Reply)

Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? / Lethal Matrimony / The Devil In The Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.