Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,682 members, 7,813,267 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

After 2 Years Of Unemployment. - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / After 2 Years Of Unemployment. (34029 Views)

Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man / Why Entrepreneurship Is Not The Solution To Unemployment In Nigeria / Three Years Of Unemployment Ended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by adunpeters(f): 5:33pm On Nov 23, 2015
I rejoice with you.... Baba God please change my story for good
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by jagaban17: 5:34pm On Nov 23, 2015
sKeetz:
na just 1.5m you come dey celebrate here.... money wey I dey spend for club sad

I'm sorry boss. LOL
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by Gelengelen: 5:35pm On Nov 23, 2015
jagaban17:
Exactly 2 years after NYSC ( Don't want to write stories to bore anyone ,but I'm sure if you've been unemployed ,you know the travails) .

Last week I started a job with 1.5M annual salary, I collected another offer of 1.3M annual salary also today. Now I have to choose and consider my options based on career prospects,location and other factors ,in fact I'm confused.

By Gods grace, this is just a little of my dreams and where i see myself....also to encourage someone out there, don't give up and don't let anybody pity you. Keep striving. We will all reach our peak.Amen. Its just the beginning.
bros show me the way na.....I don tire
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by jagaban17: 5:35pm On Nov 23, 2015
Nairasurplus:
That is good. I those days in Intercontinental bank, I started with N1.8M. My monthly take home was N93k after all deductions- Tax, Pension, NHS, ....etc. As bachelor, I was saving N80k every month. Though we were being paid N5k monthly lunch allowance.
My advice,
Save, save, save and save.
Before you get dependants.

Regards

God bless thanks.
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by jagaban17: 5:35pm On Nov 23, 2015
tellwisdom:
So you go work from Monday to Friday for 1year and na 1.5 million Naira dem wan give you? Poor boi sad

I'm sorry Sir.
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by shagaman: 5:36pm On Nov 23, 2015
OtunbaChibok:
Congrats OP.

Regardless of the pay,I suggest you take the power option. I am a telecome engineer with 7years experience and I can authoritatively tell you that site maintanace engineer won't add any serious value to your resume @ d long run.

U will definately get bored and might not learn any new thing after having a basic knowledge on site maintanance . Bulk of d job might be done by ur "SBC or sub contractor" as d case may be.

But there are millions of things to learn on Power! I am nt a power guy but I have friends in that dept withing the telecom industry and I can tell you I feel jealous on how wide they can explore on power stuffs.

Besides,there are plenty of solutuons on power still not yet explored!

Man you said it right,I would advice based on experience as a site contractor you are limited probably if you are the greedy type you would enjoy selling the used batteries for inverters at the site,however with power,you would learn the infrastructure of building ,you would learn the layout of how to build a DC from scratch to finish in terms of input and output,build on professionalism and also take some professional courses,there are some certifications with experience that we have limited Nigerians that have the certifications,Stand out and master power its the future for this country..wish you all the best as you choose your career path...above all God s blessing is the koko of the matter.

All the same,congratulations and may God see you tru.

1 Like

Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by shagaman: 5:36pm On Nov 23, 2015
OtunbaChibok:
Congrats OP.

Regardless of the pay,I suggest you take the power option. I am a telecome engineer with 7years experience and I can authoritatively tell you that site maintanace engineer won't add any serious value to your resume @ d long run.

U will definately get bored and might not learn any new thing after having a basic knowledge on site maintanance . Bulk of d job might be done by ur "SBC or sub contractor" as d case may be.

But there are millions of things to learn on Power! I am nt a power guy but I have friends in that dept withing the telecom industry and I can tell you I feel jealous on how wide they can explore on power stuffs.

Besides,there are plenty of solutuons on power still not yet explored!

Man you said it right,I would advice based on experience as a site contractor you are limited probably if you are the greedy type you would enjoy selling the used batteries for inverters at the site,however with power,you would learn the infrastructure of building ,you would learn the layout of how to build a DC from scratch to finish in terms of input and output,build on professionalism and also take some professional courses,there are some certifications with experience that we have limited Nigerians that have the certifications,Stand out and master power its the future for this country..wish you all the best as you choose your career path...above all God s blessing is the koko of the matter.

All the same,congratulations and may God see you tru.

1 Like

Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 23, 2015
tellwisdom:

Blllowjobb??
No embarassed . Anything legit grin
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by shagaman: 5:37pm On Nov 23, 2015
[b][/b]I would advice based on experience as a site contractor you are limited probably if you are the greedy type you would enjoy selling the used batteries for inverters at the site,however with power,you would learn the infrastructure of building ,you would learn the layout of how to build a DC from scratch to finish in terms of input and output,build on professionalism and also take some professional courses,there are some certifications with experience that we have limited Nigerians that have the certifications,Stand out and master power its the future for this country..wish you all the best as you choose your career path...above all God s blessing is the koko of the matter.

All the same,congratulations and may God see you tru.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by koxi: 5:37pm On Nov 23, 2015
jagaban17:

1st Power Engineering - as Technical Engineer

2nd Telecoms Infrastructure - as Site Maintenance Engineer

It's important that you become chattered and certified ASAP. Go do ur NSE and COREN certifications immediately.
Congrats

1 Like

Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by zieraw2005(m): 5:38pm On Nov 23, 2015
God bless your new work. I will be the next to testify . God see me through.

1 Like

Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by nobodysmanrob(m): 5:46pm On Nov 23, 2015
ShakurM:
Oya kneel down make we pray 4 u!! Where this schnapps se grin

Our father in heaven wey no need microscope dey look inside our heart, bless our brother Jagaban, all those karishika girls wey no look him side b4 him blow no go near am when e don make am oo, , all those bruvas 4 street wey no allow am squat 4 dem side no go drain am o,those kind pple sabi beg, Audu reach promise land e no land ur own no go be like that o, dem no go jam ur car o, if dem jam am, e no go scratch, if e scratch, e no go dent, if e dent make you sef drive well, we too like you na why.
Baba God, na CBN do mistake send money to one old baba wey no too need am, we youngies sef get account number o ,
We sef wey we never finish school go graduate and hammer double n triple if na daily sef, we no mind at all, we sabi manage am, manager na our middle name If na sin dey delay am, abeg clear am 4 us, we no say we dey fall your hand but street rough, butter our daily bread add egg join pass Meshayi. Deliver us from bad market o baba God cool
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by linearity: 5:48pm On Nov 23, 2015
This is terrible and a shameful depiction of the Nigeria state, when a job that pays $6,500/annually is celebrated as 'mouth watering offer'.

This begs the question; what qualifies for a mediocre salary in Nigeria these days?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by shogz89: 5:49pm On Nov 23, 2015
Amen.. Using it as a point of contact to land my own before the end of this year.. Amen again

1 Like

Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by jagaban17: 5:51pm On Nov 23, 2015
voltron:
2 years after NYSC.. you deserve an applause. God has looked in your direction early.

@OP.. is this inclusive of allowances or is it just base salary? has tax been calculated from this? like @Nairasurplus put it.. SAVE SAVE SAVE

More importantly, keep your marriage plans on hold for now.
1: Take every opportunity to attend any conference, seminar or training
2: Improve yourself by getting free Online Course Training Alison, Coursera eDx etc
3: Learn on the job even if you do overtime-without-pay. it will pay eventually
4: Do not waste time booking every Friday for outings or Weekends for Weddings. Stay Low-Profile.. manage whatever resources you have now instead of becoming adventurous and raising your needs to meet your new income.

Wow.Nice 1. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by tellwisdom: 5:51pm On Nov 23, 2015
jagaban17:

I'm sorry Sir.

Beer angry...Just push one crate come my side sad

1 Like

Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by Emmaesty(f): 5:53pm On Nov 23, 2015
papawemba:
Mouth-watering? Dude that is about 125 thousand/month before taxation and other deductions.

I am not sure your net income per month will be up to 80k assuming they pay you housing upfront.
How much do you earn?? ?? ?
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by tellwisdom: 5:53pm On Nov 23, 2015
chimkaire:
No embarassed . Anything legit grin

See job wey people dey find, na em u dey reject. E be like say u still get small money wey u dey spend sad
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 23, 2015
GOD IS GREAT-
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by jagaban17: 6:00pm On Nov 23, 2015
ShakurM:
Oya kneel down make we pray 4 u!! Where this schnapps se grin

Our father in heaven wey no need microscope dey look inside our heart, bless our brother Jagaban, all those karishika girls wey no look him side b4 him blow no go near am when e don make am oo, , all those bruvas 4 street wey no allow am squat 4 dem side no go drain am o,those kind pple sabi beg, Audu reach promise land e no land ur own no go be like that o, dem no go jam ur car o, if dem jam am, e no go scratch, if e scratch, e no go dent, if e dent make you sef drive well, we too like you na why.
Baba God, na CBN do mistake send money to one old baba wey no too need am, we youngies sef get account number o ,
We sef wey we never finish school go graduate and hammer double n triple if na daily sef, we no mind at all, we sabi manage am, manager na our middle name If na sin dey delay am, abeg clear am 4 us, we no say we dey fall your hand but street rough, butter our daily bread add egg join pass Meshayi. Deliver us from bad market o baba God cool

Amen..LMAOOO
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 23, 2015
jagaban17:

Wow.Nice 1. Thanks.

always willing to lend my experience so you don't have to learn by bad example
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by Lucasbalo(m): 6:02pm On Nov 23, 2015
[quote author=linearity post=40329141]This is terrible and a shameful depiction of the Nigeria state, when a job that pays $6,500/annually is celebrated as 'mouth watering offer'.

This begs the question; what qualifies for a mediocre salary in Nigeria these days?[/That was exactly my thought when I came across the topic but you have to know that an average Nigerian makes less than $2 a day according to the United Nations. From that angle, you see why people will be excited making that kind of money in a country where the percentage of the unemployed is not even known. Imagine tens of thousands of graduates roaming about looking for work after their NYSC duty. Hopefully, things will get better because the country deserves better than getting stuck at the bottom of the barrel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 23, 2015
tellwisdom:

See job wey people dey find, na em u dey reject. E be like say u still get small money wey u dey spend sad
...I no get. Na job I want embarassed
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by femi4: 6:10pm On Nov 23, 2015
tellwisdom:
So you go work from Monday to Friday for 1year and na 1.5 million Naira dem wan give you? Poor boi sad
minus feeding, transportation, parent allawee and gf allawe. By the time he is married, e go know say the money small

1 Like

Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by 2sex(m): 6:14pm On Nov 23, 2015
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by jagaban17: 6:16pm On Nov 23, 2015
slimzypink:

good... sorry for ignoring ur messages before... i was only joking... resend, u re very handsome one of the most humble nairalanders ve seen!

fine bobo

LMAO...Ok karishika
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by Xandred(m): 6:22pm On Nov 23, 2015
Amen i claim it
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by icyprince020(m): 6:22pm On Nov 23, 2015
Waow,congrats bro.bt i strongly believed u must hav acquired some certifications.pls,dnt be stingy to urself.tell us.
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by Danfuster(m): 6:24pm On Nov 23, 2015
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by gemini6228: 6:28pm On Nov 23, 2015
Congrats brother
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by elaino: 6:31pm On Nov 23, 2015
congrats op. I also tap into your testimony.
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by Dubemkelly(m): 6:32pm On Nov 23, 2015
slimzypink:

good... sorry for ignoring ur messages before... i was only joking... resend, u re very handsome one of the most humble nairalanders ve seen!

fine bobo
Lmao, you are a CLOWN, this cracked me up, u sure having your FUN... He looks like ur type now and u might consider him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apply For European Commission Paid Traineeship 2018 For Graduates Worldwide / Good News! Immigration Set To Recruit 5,000 Officers / Nigerian Navy 2017 Graduate Recruitment Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.