Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,263 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? (21979 Views)

If Christians MUST Pay Tithes, Who Does Adeboye Pay His Tithes To? / I May Now Believe In The Supernatural / Does Adeboye Now Speak With The Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by Scholar8200(m): 12:41pm On Dec 01, 2015
italo:

What year did NT come out and what year was Catholicism invented?

Please provide evidence.

Humans can forgive sins and thereby give eternal life through the power of God in them.

Read John20:23
Wow that's new! Please give ONE example where the Apostles did this in either Acts or the Epistles. I mean where , instead of pointing the people to the God through the Gospel, they forgave sins and , being God's proxies, dispensed eternal life.
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by vooks: 12:43pm On Dec 01, 2015
italo,
Definition of NECROMANCY
Necromancy [N]
Form of divination in which a person calls upon the dead to receive communication that clarifies knowledge.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionaries/bakers-evangelical-dictionary/necromancy.html

Divination by aid of the dead i
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/11411-necromancy
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by italo: 12:46pm On Dec 01, 2015
vooks:

Deuteronomy 18:11
10 - Neither let there be found among you any one that shall expiate his son or daughter, making them to pass through the fire: or that consulteth soothsayers, or observeth dreams and omens, neither let there be any wizard,

11 - Nor charmer, nor any one that consulteth pythonic spirits, or fortune tellers, or that seeketh the truth from the dead.

The bold seems to apply to Adeboye and other pentecostals too. The forecast the future, observe dreams and omens. Are you and Adeboye evil then?

While the verses never said we should not "contact the dead."

We Catholics don't even seek the truth from the dead. We ask the living to pray for us.
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by italo: 12:48pm On Dec 01, 2015
vooks:

Define necromancy and quote your sources

I thought I asked you first to provide proof that necromancy meant "contact with the dead."

If there is no proof, why don't you say that you were wrong in thinking that.

See how you have demonized all catholics, calling them necromancers out of stark ignorance.
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by vooks: 12:50pm On Dec 01, 2015
italo:

I thought I asked you first to provide proof that necromancy meant "contact with the dead."

If there is no proof, why don't you say that you were wrong in thinking that.

See how you have demonized all catholics, calling them necromancers out of stark ignorance.

I have just given you two sources
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by vooks: 12:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
italo:
10 - Neither let there be found among you any one that shall expiate his son or daughter, making them to pass through the fire: or that consulteth soothsayers, or observeth dreams and omens, neither let there be any wizard,

11 - Nor charmer, nor any one that consulteth pythonic spirits, or fortune tellers, or . [size=28pt] that seeketh the truth from the dead.[/size]

The bold seems to apply to Adeboye and other pentecostals too. The forecast the future, observe dreams and omens. Are you and Adeboye evil then?

While the verses never said we should not "contact the dead."

We Catholics don't even seek the truth from the dead. We ask the living to pray for us.

1. You seek the truth from the dead by COMMUNICATING WITH THEM
2. It also means the dead should not communicate truths to you
3. How many times has the demon called 'Virgin Mary' relayed truths through apparitions?
4. Does Catholicism cheer and encourage apparitions, and treat them as miracles? Imagine calling what Jesus call abomination miracles

Let's study Catholic Satanism at length here from their own sources;
https://www.ewtn.com/library/MARY/AKITA.HTM
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by italo: 12:53pm On Dec 01, 2015
vooks:
Pagan Catholics consult dead men

DEFINE NECROMANCER
The post is even indicting you pentecostals. It's you who are "observers of times" always coming up with lies of when the world will end etc...

And it doesn't define "necromancer."
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by italo: 12:57pm On Dec 01, 2015
vooks:

96AD

Provide evidence that today's bible existed as it is in 96AD.

vooks:

How many souls have you given life italo?
Where is your creation, where is your earth?
When last did you receive worship because you are God?

You're hallucinating. That's how you came about the bold.
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by italo: 12:58pm On Dec 01, 2015
vooks:
italo,
What is the difference between you talking to your grandfather by his grave and engaging Mary?

Difference is that my grandfather is my grandfather and Mary is Mary.
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by vooks: 1:00pm On Dec 01, 2015
italo:

Provide evidence that today's bible existed as it is in 96AD.
What do you mean as it is?

If you want me to school you about how the bible came to us, go to this link that dismantles all your satanic lies that Catholics 'gave the world the bible'
http://www.bible.ca/canon.htm

You're hallucinating. That's how you came about the bold.
Catholicism is Satanism creeping into Christianity
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by italo: 1:00pm On Dec 01, 2015
Scholar8200:
Wow that's new! Please give ONE example where the Apostles did this in either Acts or the Epistles. I mean where , instead of pointing the people to the God through the Gospel, they forgave sins and , being God's proxies, dispensed eternal life.
Are you mad?

I showed you where Jesus gave them power to forgive sins and you're still asking me for examples of them forgiving sins.

Was Jesus blabbing?
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by vooks: 1:02pm On Dec 01, 2015
italo:

Difference is that my grandfather is my grandfather and Mary is Mary.
The boy has run out of wits
There is no difference, both are paganism which God banned among his people
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by vooks: 1:03pm On Dec 01, 2015
italo:
Are you mad?

I showed you where Jesus gave them power to forgive sins and you're still asking me for examples of them forgiving sins.

Was Jesus blabbing?

italo, how many have you forgiven their sins and given them eternal life?
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by vooks: 1:06pm On Dec 01, 2015
italo, would you object to having sex with your wife seeing she is living?
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by Scholar8200(m): 1:11pm On Dec 01, 2015
italo:
Are you mad?

Was Jesus blabbing?

No need to take it personal.

Afterall Jesus gave them power to raise the dead Acts 9:36-40 shows Peter raising the dead, Acts 19 shows Paul doing same. He gave them power to be witnesses and we see that being exercised all through out the Acts. They were given power to cast out devils and we see that in the Gospels and Acts!

Is it too much to ask that you show us where this power was exercised?

All through the Acts, I find them emphasizing repentance toward God and faith in Christ Jesus whence the use of their 'eternal-life giving power'?
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by Scholar8200(m): 1:14pm On Dec 01, 2015
For the records:

Someone may say to you, "Let's ask the mediums and those who consult the spirits of the dead. With their whisperings and mutterings, they will tell us what to do." But shouldn't people ask God for guidance? Should the living seek guidance from the dead?
Isaiah 8:19
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by vooks: 1:24pm On Dec 01, 2015
italo:

And the demon called Virgin Mary appears to you and gives you truth
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by italo: 1:26pm On Dec 01, 2015
vooks:
italo,
Definition of NECROMANCY
Necromancy [N]
Form of divination in which a person calls upon the dead to receive communication that clarifies knowledge.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionaries/bakers-evangelical-dictionary/necromancy.html

Divination by aid of the dead i
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/11411-necromancy

Necromancy is clearly not merely contact with the dead as you ignorantly said. But it involves divination and conjuring of spirits of the dead to know truth from them

We Catholics don't do that.

We like Jesus speak to our living brothers and sisters. And it's not only God who can have contact with the saints as you foolishly think.

Heb 12 22But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering, 23 and to the assembly of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God the judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, 24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

When we pray, we have access to all these.

smiley
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by italo: 1:32pm On Dec 01, 2015
vooks:

1. You seek the truth from the dead by COMMUNICATING WITH THEM
2. It also means the dead should not communicate truths to you
3. How many times has the demon called 'Virgin Mary' relayed truths through apparitions?
4. Does Catholicism cheer and encourage apparitions, and treat them as miracles? Imagine calling what Jesus call abomination miracles

Let's study Catholic Satanism at length here from their own sources;
https://www.ewtn.com/library/MARY/AKITA.HTM

1. We don't seek Marian apparitions...and don't seek for her to tell us any truths. We don't divine to conjure her spirit. It just happens when God wills it.

2. You're ignoring the fact that Adeboye and your other pastors are soothsayers and observers of dreams as found in the verses. grin
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by italo: 1:38pm On Dec 01, 2015
vooks:

What do you mean as it is?
If you want me to school you about how the bible came to us, go to this link that dismantles all your satanic lies that Catholics 'gave the world the bible'
http://www.bible.ca/canon.htm

The NT has 27 books. Prove that there was any bible at 96AD that contained 27 NT books

vooks:

Catholicism is Satanism creeping into Christianity
Yet it is your pentecostal pastors that are teaching you to eat snakes and teaching your wives and daughters to such "anointed milk" from their penis.es.
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by italo: 1:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
vooks:

The boy has run out of wits
There is no difference, both are paganism which God banned among his people

God never banned it. God did it at the transfiguration and further explained and encouraged it in Heb 12:22-24
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by italo: 1:43pm On Dec 01, 2015
vooks:

italo, how many have you forgiven their sins and given them eternal life?

Man can forgive sins according to John20:23 - Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained.

Go and argue stupidly with Jesus who said it.
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by italo: 1:53pm On Dec 01, 2015
Scholar8200:
No need to take it personal.

Afterall Jesus gave them power to raise the dead Acts 9:36-40 shows Peter raising the dead, Acts 19 shows Paul doing same. He gave them power to be witnesses and we see that being exercised all through out the Acts. They were given power to cast out devils and we see that in the Gospels and Acts!

Is it too much to ask that you show us where this power was exercised?

All through the Acts, I find them emphasizing repentance toward God and faith in Christ Jesus whence the use of their 'eternal-life giving power'?

Even when it's explicitly written in John20:23, you choose to stay blind and live in denial.

It was Jesus that gave men power to forgive sins. Ask him for examples.
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by italo: 1:54pm On Dec 01, 2015
vooks:

And the demon called Virgin Mary appears to you and gives you truth

I don't know any demons. It's you who knows them.
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by Scholar8200(m): 2:15pm On Dec 01, 2015
italo:

Even when it's explicitly written in John20:23, you choose to stay blind and live in denial.

It was Jesus that gave men power to forgive sins. Ask him for examples.

Jesus:
Luke 24:46,47
46 and said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 47 and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem

The above explains John 20:23. (You wonder why all the other Gospels do not hint at John 20:23 and that John 20:23 is silent about all disciples and apostles going into all the world to preach like you find in all the Gospels). When we preach the Gospel, we as Christ's ambassadors make it possible that HE reconciles men to God through our witnessing

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.
2 Corinth 5:20

NOW APOSTLES, WHO FORGIVES SINS AND GRANTS LIFE? HEAR THEM ANSWER (AND WHY WOULD THEY CONTRADICT THEIR LORD IF INDEED YOUR CLAIMS ARE CORRECT?)

Peter:
20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money. 21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God. 22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.
Acts 8:20-22

Paul:
testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
Acts 20:21

John:
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by paulGrundy(m): 2:25pm On Dec 01, 2015
italo:

Do some work. Use Google. I can't spoon-feed you.

I know what google said, I just wanted you to affirm to it.

After someone dies, a miracle that is verified by the vatican, has to be ascribed to that person before he can be cannonized. A miracle was not ascribed to HID Awolowo, are we talking about two different things here?
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by italo: 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
Scholar8200:

Jesus:
Luke 24:46,47
46 and said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 47 and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem

The above explains John 20:23. (You wonder why all the other Gospels do not hint at John 20:23 and that John 20:23 is silent about all disciples and apostles going into all the world to preach like you find in all the Gospels). When we preach the Gospel, we as Christ's ambassadors make it possible that HE reconciles men to God through our witnessing

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.
2 Corinth 5:20

NOW APOSTLES, WHO FORGIVES SINS AND GRANTS LIFE? HEAR THEM ANSWER (AND WHY WOULD THEY CONTRADICT THEIR LORD IF INDEED YOUR CLAIMS ARE CORRECT?)

Peter:
20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money. 21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God. 22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.
Acts 8:20-22

Paul:
testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
Acts 20:21

John:
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9
keep fooling yourself
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by italo: 2:42pm On Dec 01, 2015
paulGrundy:

I know what google said, I just wanted you to affirm to it.

After someone dies, a miracle that is verified by the vatican, has to be ascribed to that person before he can be cannonized. A miracle was not ascribed to HID Awolowo, are we talking about two different things here?

The miracle is not the essence of canonization.

The main thing is what I told you earlier which Adeboye has done.

People have been canonized without miracles.

Google will tell you that too.
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by Scholar8200(m): 2:52pm On Dec 01, 2015
italo:
keep fooling yourself
..., Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
Mark7:9
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by vooks: 3:18pm On Dec 01, 2015
italo:

Man can forgive sins according to John20:23 - Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained.

Go and argue stupidly with Jesus who said it.

Since man can forgive sins, how many have you forgiven and given eternal life?

1 Like

Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by vooks: 3:19pm On Dec 01, 2015
italo:

I don't know any demons. It's you who knows them.
You can't reach the dead. That's the essence of Luke 16 parable. What you contact are demons
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by vooks: 3:20pm On Dec 01, 2015
italo:

God never banned it. God did it at the transfiguration and further explained and encouraged it in Heb 12:22-24
God encouraged necromancy? What god?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Bishop Mike-Okonkwo Celebrates 70th Birthday (Photos) / Reply To "Why Muslims Are Better Than Christians" By Bishop Sam Zuga / Fulani Attacks: Stop Eating Cow Meat – Pastor Ikeorha Charges Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.