Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? (22142 Views)

If Christians MUST Pay Tithes, Who Does Adeboye Pay His Tithes To? / I May Now Believe In The Supernatural / Does Adeboye Now Speak With The Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by DiademSh07: 1:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
dmandy:

So, did God lie that Moses died?

Bia, What is your business with his grave and dead body. See wahala ooo. E be like say u like to doubt God. God said Moses is dead and you are asking for his body. .
No one is implying that God is lieing but you, who's making unnecessary conjecture!
What is death by the way? It means the person is no longer here with us on earth! Hence, Moses's death means he's no longer with the Israelite! Whatever God did with his body and soul is no one's nor the israelite's business but on thing is certain, his soul went to God immediately!
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

No one is implying that God is lieing but you, who's making unnecessary conjecture!
What is death by the way? It means the person is no longer here with us on earth! Hence, Moses's death means he's no longer with the Israelite! Whatever God did with his body and soul is no one's nor the israelite's business but on thing is certain, his soul went to God immediately!

Good, his body and graveside is not your business but the message is.

Beautiful definition of death but something is left out, where exactly are the dead?
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by DiademSh07: 2:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
dmandy:

Good, his body and graveside is not your business but the message is.

Beautiful definition of death but something is left out, where exactly are the dead?
What does your bible say?
After death, there's judgement!
Hence, wherever the dead were judged to be is where they are!
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

What does your bible say?
After death, there's judgement!
Hence, wherever the dead were judged to be is where they are!

Now, you are confusing yourself. Did Moses come from death (wherever it maybe, since you know not) to see Christ on earth?
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by DiademSh07: 2:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
dmandy:

Why was Mary there with the apostles at the day of Pentecost? To pray for the Holy Ghost that came upon her and overshadowed her? You did not explain that part well?

Jesus never called Mary his mother!, maybe He was calling her his aunty and what does that have to do with anything?

Lolz, Mary has no right to grieve for him because he was never part of the family, you say? Why not join basket mouth?

Yes, like a surrogate mother, who fed him from a surrogate placenta in her surrogate womb, and nursed her with her surrogate breast. Keep reasoning trash with your surrogate brain.

The only thing you have said here is that I should not offer Mary any form of worship because Jesus is the only way. Well, calling Mary blessed is a form of worship and Jesus the only way approves of it. You see, the problem is that you think that by bringing Mary down you are raising Jesus up. Nothing can be farther from the truth. Mary does not take the place of Jesus just because you love and cherish her, rather her soul 'magnifies' the lord. Think of the medicine you take to heal you of your ailment, does it in any way neutralize the power of God to heal you? But rather the power of God can be made manifest through that medicine. Open your eyes lest you course the one whom all generations are commanded to call blessed.
Why would you ask such question?
Christ told his disciples to gather on the day of pentecost to seek for the holy ghost! Hence, if Mary wants such gift, she ought to be there!
That being said, no one is saying Mary didn't give Jesus motherly care, same way Joseph cared for Jesus also! Remember that Jesus learnt carpentry work under Joseph. However, both were just foster parent! His real parent is God. Heck! He existed before Mary nor Joseph were created!
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

Why would you ask such question?
Christ told his disciples to gather on the day of pentecost to seek for the holy ghost! Hence, if Mary wants such gift, she ought to be there!
That being said, no one is saying Mary didn't give Jesus motherly care, same way Joseph cared for Jesus also! Remember that Jesus learnt carpentry work under Joseph. However, both were just foster parent! His real parent is God. Heck! He existed before Mary nor Joseph were created!

I actually have enough time this week, so you can't get me annoyed with running from pillar to post. But I will advise that you learn to say one thing at a time.

The Holy Ghost has already came to Mary and overshadowed her, if you know what that word means.

God existed before Mary, why not! afterall God created Mary. But, I will educate you; God decided to come to earth in the form of a man, he could have chosen to drop from heaven but did not. He chose Mary to be his mother (in human form, take note). Hence, when Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost she was even surprised that Mary (whom she rightly called 'Mother of my Lord') came to her. Did this little drama remind of something? Check 2Sam 6:9 ...who am I that the ark of my lord came to me? God existed before the ark, right?

So, by calling Mary mother of God, no one is saying that Mary existed before God, no, but that Mary is the mother of the 'word incarnate' (God in the form of man). Remember, that at some point, the word took flesh..... it has not always been like that.

If you hear the truth today, accept it and preach it.

1 Like

Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by DiademSh07: 2:28pm On Dec 22, 2015
dmandy:

Now, you are confusing yourself. Did Moses come from death (wherever it maybe, since you know not) to see Christ on earth?
Moses and Elijah were with God! Both came from heaven to confirm the death of Law and the Prophet!
Apart from these two, other dead people were still asleep in their grave and the reason Jesus went to the grave to preach to them and when he ascended, the dead ascended with him!
But now that we are under the grace of salvation, judgement comes after death!
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

Moses and Elijah were with God! Both came from heaven to confirm the death of Law and the Prophet!
Apart from these two, other dead people were still asleep in their grave and the reason Jesus went to the grave to preach to them and when he ascended, the dead ascended with him!

Okay.

Was Moses dead as at the time of transfiguration?... why is it so difficult to answer?
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by Syncan(m): 2:39pm On Dec 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Kontinu sir, enough respect!
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by DiademSh07: 2:46pm On Dec 22, 2015
dmandy:

I actually have enough time this week, so you can't get me annoyed with running from pillar to post. But I will advise that you learn to say one thing at a time.

The Holy Ghost has already came to Mary and overshadowed her, if you know what that word means.

God existed before Mary, why not! afterall God created Mary. But, I will educate you; God decided to come to earth in the form of a man, he could have chosen to drop from heaven but did not. He chose Mary to be his mother (in human form, take note). Hence, when Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost she was even surprised that Mary (whom she rightly called 'Mother of my Lord') came to her. Did this little drama remind of something? Check 2Sam 6:9 ...who am I that the ark of my lord came to me? God existed before the ark, right?

So, by calling Mary mother of God, no one is saying that Mary existed before God, no, but that Mary is the mother of the 'word incarnate' (God in the form of man). Remember, that at some point, the word took flesh..... it has not always been like that.

If you hear the truth today, accept it and preach it.
You keep forgetting the word 'gift' of the Holy spirit!
It is these gift that make healing, teaching, speaking in tongues, spiritual prophecy and vision possible! Mary had not this gift though!
That said, Jesus is not the almighty God! Yes, he has the nature of God and he's God to us, just as true Christians are God to every principality and agents of Satan and his world! However, Christ is still the son of the almighty God even though he has his power and nature!
The book of psalm 110:1 says The LORD says to my lord to sit at his right hand until he makes his enemy his footstool. Don't forget Christ asked the Pharisee in Matt 22:44 whom David was referring to as his lord in his psalm! Hence, let me ask you, who are these two Lords?
Let me also add that the ark of the covenant is of no importance to us anymore! Remember that Christ is now the only mediator to the throne of Mercy!
Hence, just as the ark is no more needed, Mary as the ark is not needed either!
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by DiademSh07: 3:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
dmandy:

Okay.

Was Moses dead as at the time of transfiguration?... why is it so difficult to answer?
I already told you that no one knows how Moses died or his death came to be! All the Israelites know is that he would be no longer with them on earth according to God!
Hence, he was with God as at the time of transfiguration, just as Elijah was!
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

You keep forgetting the word 'gift' of the Holy spirit!
It is these gift that make healing, teaching, speaking in tongues, spiritual prophecy and vision possible! Mary had not this gift though!
That said, Jesus is not the almighty God! Yes, he has the nature of God and he's God to us, just as true Christians are God to every principality and agents of Satan and his world! However, Christ is still the son of the almighty God even though he has his power and nature!
The book of psalm 110:1 says The LORD says to my lord to sit at his right hand until he makes his enemy his footstool. Don't forget Christ asked the Pharisee in Matt 22:44 whom David was referring to as his lord in his psalm! Hence, let me ask you, who are these two Lords?

What did you call it 'gift' of the holy spirit. Can you have the gifts without the giver? Mary has been overshadowed by the giver. It is reasonable to say that she was praying for the disciples.

He is God to us, you said it and I add Mary is His Mother. Get that.

There are no two lords anywhere. Jesus is God, God is one.
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

I already told you that no one knows how Moses died or his death came to be! All the Israelites know is that he would be no longer with them on earth according to God!
Hence, he was with God as at the time of transfiguration, just as Elijah was!

What is your business about how he died? God said he died, is it not enough evidence. Wake up.
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
Syncan:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Kontinu sir, enough respect!

Sir,

you de see wetin I dey see for here?
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by DiademSh07: 3:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
dmandy:

What is your business about how he died? God said he died, is it not enough evidence. Wake up.
The true is whether Moses went through a normal death or not but one thing is certain, he ascended to meet God!
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by PastorAIO: 3:28pm On Dec 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

The true is whether Moses went through a normal death or not but one thing is certain, he ascended to meet God!

When you say 'or not' are you suggesting that there is a possibility that he didn't die a 'normal' death? Are you suggesting that there's a possibility that God lied about his dying?

(There are already too many tangents happening simultaneously already so I won't ask what is a 'normal death' compared to an abnormal death.)

A question for Vooks:
And if Moses was dead (normally or abnormally) and Jesus was communicating with him during his prayers would that make Jesus a Necromancer according to your understanding.
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by PastorAIO: 3:29pm On Dec 22, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

dmandy:

Sir,
Syncan:

Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by vooks: 3:31pm On Dec 22, 2015
PastorAIO:

When you say 'or not' are you suggesting that there is a possibility that he didn't die a 'normal' death? Are you suggesting that there's a possibility that God lied about his dying?

(There are already too many tangents happening simultaneously already so I won't ask what is a 'normal death' compared to an abnormal death.)

A question for Vooks:
And if Moses was dead (normally or abnormally) and Jesus was communicating with him during his prayers would that make Jesus a Necromancer according to your understanding.

I love this
1. Jesus is God,the Creator he gives eternal life, takes away the sins of the world,was and is worshipped, will resurrect us and so forth.
2. You are not God, just a creature

Next question please cheesy
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by PastorAIO: 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
vooks:

I love this
1. Jesus is God,the Creator he gives eternal life, takes away the sins of the world,was and is worshipped, will resurrect us and so forth.
2. You are not God, just a creature

Next question please cheesy

So is Jesus a necromancer or what? That was my question. Not whether or not he was allowed to Necromance, because he is God.
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by vooks: 3:43pm On Dec 22, 2015
PastorAIO:

So is Jesus a necromancer or what? That was my question. Not whether or not he was allowed to Necromance, because he is God.
Obtuse is your surname

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by DiademSh07: 3:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
dmandy:

What did you call it 'gift' of the holy spirit. Can you have the gifts without the giver? Mary has been overshadowed by the giver. It is reasonable to say that she was praying for the disciples.

He is God to us, you said it and I add Mary is His Mother. Get that.

There are no two lords anywhere. Jesus is God, God is one.

The gift of the Holy spirit was only manifested among the disciples after the day of pentecost! Hence, Mary had not the gift! Heck! The holy spirit that overshadowed her was to bring forth Christ in to her womb!
And like I said earlier, Christ is God to us, has the nature and power of the almighty God however, he's no almighty God! While he was here on earth, he made no reason to hide the fact about his Father! He made mention of how he does the will of his father who sent him and was with the father at the time of creation! Not to forget he always prayed to his Father before any miracle was wrought! Examples are praying before raising Lazarus from the dead or multiplying the few bread and fishes etc! Let me also remind you he pleaded with his father if it's possible to take away the cup from him and at the cross, he cried out why his Father left him alone! Not to mention the voice pronounced that he's the son of the Most high God at the time of his baptism and transfiguration! Hence, I would ask whom Christ was always speaking to or who's voice was heard while he was baptised?
Even when he was risen, the book of revelation still talked about him sitting at the right of the most High God! And I will ask again, who is this LORD that's talking to another Lord to sit at his right hand? Who is also this Lord that is to sit at the right hand of the LoRD?
That being said, Christ, God and the Spirit are actually one! They have one nature, one kindred Spirit and they do nothing without the will of the other! Hence, they are one!
However, they are different being! One is God to us, the other is the most high God and the third is the Holy Spirit!
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by DiademSh07: 3:53pm On Dec 22, 2015
PastorAIO:

A question for Vooks:

No one is saying God lied!
God told the Israelites that Moses died which is quite true because Moses would be no longer with them!
Whatever God did with Moses body is not the Israelites business, he has no reason of divulging what he did with Moses' body with anyone! The main thing is Moses would no longer be here on earth, which is what death itself entails!
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by lacum: 3:55pm On Dec 22, 2015
hmmmm now i understand: when d spirit comes he brings one gift and then comes again another time with another gift. he came first to give mary d gift of a new born child n at penticost he came to make her speak in tongues. unfortunately she is no more with usif not d nxt time d spirit will come with d gift of healing. but when did d spirit come with d gift of prophesy: all generations will call me blessed?
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by lacum: 3:58pm On Dec 22, 2015
simple thing: did moses die or is he dead? yes! God said so. y prolonging d issue
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

The gift of the Holy spirit was only manifested among the disciples after the day of pentecost! Hence, Mary had not the gift! Heck! The holy spirit that overshadowed her was to bring forth Christ in to her womb!
And like I said earlier, Christ is God to us, has the nature and power of the almighty God however, he's no almighty God! While he was here on earth, he made no reason to hide the fact about his Father! He made mention of how he does the will of his father who sent him and was with the father at the time of creation! Not to forget he always prayed to his Father before any miracle was wrought! Examples are praying before raising Lazarus from the dead or multiplying the few bread and fishes etc! Let me also remind you he pleaded with his father if it's possible to take away the cup from him and at the cross, he cried out why his Father left him alone! Not to mention the voice pronounced that he's the son of the Most high God at the time of his baptism and transfiguration! Hence, I would ask whom Christ was always speaking to or who's voice was heard while he was baptised?
Even when he was risen, the book of revelation still talked about him sitting at the right of the most High God! And I will ask again, who is this LORD that's talking to another Lord to sit at his right hand? Who is also this Lord that is to sit at the right hand of the LoRD?
That being said, Christ, God and the Spirit are actually one! They have one nature, one kindred Spirit and they do nothing without the will of the other! Hence, they are one!
However, they are different being! One is God to us, the other is the most high God and the third is the Holy Spirit!

The bible never told you that the holy spirit left Mary.
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

Until you understand that there is only one God.
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by PastorAIO: 4:07pm On Dec 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

No one is saying God lied!
God told the Israelites that Moses died which is quite true because Moses would be no longer with them!
Whatever God did with Moses body is not the Israelites business, he has no reason of divulging what he did with Moses' body with anyone! The main thing is Moses would no longer be here on earth, which is what death itself entails!

We know exactly what was done with Moses' body. It was buried.

And He buried him in the valley in the land of Moab, opposite Beth-peor; but no man knows his burial place to this day.

The precise location is unknown but it was in the land of Moab. So whatever other funky death that you think that he died, it does not preclude his body being buried, so we can safely say that his body was not functioning as is the case with other corpses. it didn't breathe, it didn't eat, it didn't poo and all those other biological functions. It was dead.
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by DiademSh07: 4:16pm On Dec 22, 2015
PastorAIO:

We know exactly what was done with Moses' body. It was buried.

And He buried him in the valley in the land of Moab, opposite Beth-peor; but no man knows his burial place to this day.

The precise location is unknown but it was in the land of Moab. So whatever other funky death that you think that he died, it does not preclude his body being buried, so we can safely say that his body was not functioning as is the case with other corpses. it didn't breathe, it didn't eat, it didn't poo and all those other biological functions. It was dead.
No one is saying he didn't die but what is not known is how he died! For all we know, the soul already left the body to be with God at the time of his death!
That's why I said no one know what kind of death Moses went through because no one saw him when he died!
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by Syncan(m): 4:25pm On Dec 22, 2015
dmandy:

Sir,

My Oga, the joke section has got nothing on this I tell you. Clowns don't offer any more than this. cheesy cheesy

DiademSh07:

No one is saying he didn't die but what is not known is how he died! For all we know, the soul already left the body to be with God at the time of his death!
That's why I said no one know what kind of death Moses went through because no one saw him when he died!

PastorAIO, oya let's enumerate the kinds of death possible and what may differentiate Moses own from the rest.
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by DiademSh07: 4:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
dmandy:

Until you understand that there is only one God.
The bible also didn't mention of the Holy Spirit dwelling with Mary after doing his job of putting Christ in her womb!

And of course, there's is one most high God however, we ourselves are Gods in this corruptible world of ours!
Why did you think Christ was pleading with his father to let his disciple be one with them just as they are also one?
John 17:1-26
EDITED,
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by PastorAIO: 4:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

How he died is not pertinent to this discussion. The fact is that he was dead. Dead at the time of discussion with Jesus Christ. That is all.
Re: Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? by DiademSh07: 5:08pm On Dec 22, 2015
PastorAIO:

How he died is not pertinent to this discussion. The fact is that he was dead. Dead at the time of discussion with Jesus Christ. That is all.
However, his death which happened in the presence of the most high God means he's quite different from the normal dead people! Hence, we can't say that Moses still had his soul in the grave at the time he and Elijah visited Christ unlike other dead people who were still in the grave!
Note that this corruptibe body of ours won't get into heaven! And even those that would encounter rapture will have their body changed as they ascend into heaven! I'm sure Elijah's corruptible body also got changed as he ascended into heaven!
That's more reason we shouldn't say Jesus was speaking to a dead Moses! Just because Moses' corruptible body wasted away doesn't mean he didn't already resurrect before he visited Christ! After all, this body of ours is all sand in the end!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

5 Things That God's Anointing Cannot Do / Is Anointing Oil Still Relevant In The New Testament? / How The Press Lied Against Me - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.