Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria (953 Views)

Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. / Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon / Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by Lcoolbabe(f): 2:39pm On May 25, 2009
What is the contribution of pastors,Reverends, Bishops, Imams etc to the growth and development of this 'great 'nation- NIGERIA?

Do they contribute?
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by banom(m): 2:53pm On May 25, 2009
@ Lcoolbabe,

If not dat i'm in love with this your ID, we 4 quorrel now, Contribute ke ?

If you ask that question again, you will start paying Tithes,Offering, holy tea offering, seed of faith offering, 1st fruit offering, Anointing oil offering, special pastors offering, prophecy offering , Etc.

what will a person whos primary goal is all these offering contribute back to the society ?
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by Tudor3(m): 11:39pm On May 25, 2009
These religious leaders,especially pastors like adeboye,oyedepo and chris are the scourge of this nation. . . .
They rob the poor,support the corrupt politicians who also steal from the people and they leave them with false hopes and expectations of miracles from an invicible man in the clouds.
The worst part is people still flock to them,it's like an abusive husband who beats his wife but after everything she always goes back to him. Thats psychological bondage. We need a strong government to bring these theiving criminals to book coz if we're waiting for god to punish them,it'll never happen.
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by Nobody: 3:05am On May 26, 2009
What has been your own contribution to this 'great' nation - NIGERIA?
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by Tudor3(m): 2:45am On May 27, 2009
^^^^I try my utmost best not to con and decieve people into giving me their money. . . . .
I should get a national award for that.
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by Nobody: 3:26am On May 27, 2009
Naa anyone can do that. National awards are usually given to those who set themselves apart. You have to do more than what a lot of people do to deserve such national honor.

So what spectacular thing do you do to build this 'great' nation - NIGERIA?
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by Tudor3(m): 8:21am On May 27, 2009
Hahahahahaha!!
Adeboye steals from the poor and decieves the people into believing in non-existent gods and expect phantom miracles. And what does he get?. . . . .a damn national award.
how has adeboye set himself apart?
What has he done more than anyone else to be awarded?
He's about to be voted the greatest living legend. . . .what has he done that generations for hundreds of years will remember him? People like wole soyinka,chinua achebe and super computer scientist philip emegwali are nominees but we choose to vote for a criminal. This mentality damages nigeria,where we elevate and emulate the criminals instead of striving to excel in science,industry literature and others that'll definately change our lives.
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by solosimple(m): 11:38am On May 27, 2009
Pls people, don't let us confuse issues here, Pastors are not the same as Presidents or Senators, their major scope of operation is spiritual and not carnal(natural). It's good to define who a pastor is and hence get the correct knowledge of what we should expect from them.

Every citizen of a nation must contribute to the development of the nation in anyway he can. Paying Tax is one good example, Pastors too should pay tax, not because they are pastors but because they are citizens of the nation. Same thing goes for other prescribed obligation that every citizens must obey, having this in mind that God is the one who institute all authorities and He told us to obeys Governmental rules. A Pastor would need to fulfill his own quota as a citizen of the nation BUT NOT AS A PASTOR WHO IS UNDER A SPECIAL OBLIGATION TO DO SO. The reason for Pastors or Xtain leaders is for the up building of the Church, not the nations. See Eph 4:11-14.
A president of a nation is elected by the people to serve the people of the nation. A Pastor emerged by the grace and the calling of God attested with good virtues(1Cor1:26-28, 1Cor 15:10, 1Tim 3, Act 6), and his primary responsibility is to the Church. The responsibility he has to the nation would be to evangelize the sinners in the nation (Mt. 28:19-20), to pray for the leaders and to pray for peace in the nation (1Tim 2). He has no special mandate to ensure the development of the nation. Adeboye for instance has no special mandate to make Nigeria better, he is suppose to make the believers better by equipping them with the sincere and unbiased word of truth which is able to transform any life for good, he is suppose to lead the believers under him in continuous spiritual activities and admonish them by God's word and Spirit to live a life that is worthy of The faith they are called to, that which is worthy of emulation, in the world of darkness in which they must shine as lights.
I believe that when Pastor are doing what they are suppose to do, as it is laid down in the Bible, we would have more Godly people in the nation who in turn will affect the nation for good. Bankers, Politicians, Government officers, Journalists and people of all cadres of work attend one church or the other. If Xtain Leaders in this nation will give room for the Spirit of God and not the Spirit of greed, if they would keep to God's word and his precepts alone and not their own dreams, if they would lead their in the way of the Lord and not in the way of lust, the miracle of having a better nation will happen shortly.
Search the NT and you would find out that non of the Apostles or The Lord Jesus himself was busy on how to develop Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria etc. They were rather concerned with the business of transforming lives.
When the lives of the people of a nation are transformed by the influence of God's word and Spirit, the nation will enjoy peace and wealth.
Don't forget: RIGHTEOUSNESS PROMOTES A NATION
The only sad thing is that MOST of those who are suppose to lead in proclaiming RIGHTEOUSNESS have turned out to be proclaiming and pursuing RICHES out of their selfishness and greed.

SO THE PROBLEM IS NOT THAT THEY ARE NOT CONTRIBUTING TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIA.
THE PROBLEM IS THAT THEY (THE BAD EGGS AMONG THEM WHO HAPPENS TO BE THE MOST INFLUENTIAL) ARE NOT BUILDING THE BODY OF CHRIST.
Xtain are the salt of the world, but when the salt looses his savor it becomes useless. I'm afraid that is the problem we have among believers in Nigeria in this present age.
However, you and I as believers must keep contendind for the true faith that was delivered to us. And as citizens of Nigeria we must be ready to make Nigeria a better nation.
God bless Nigeria!
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by JJYOU: 11:43am On May 27, 2009
add emirs, igwes, ezes, obongs, obis, obas and thieves or are the chiefs?
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by KunleOshob(m): 12:17pm On May 27, 2009
@solosimple
Whilst you are right in your submissions that it is not the duty of pastors to develop their communities, it is the duty of the church to help and assist the poor and the needy. in fact if you study your bible well you would discover that church offerings and collections is meant to help the needy[acts 4:32-35]. The church is meant to help people live better lives and that is why churches are registered as charities becoas that is what they are meant to be however this charitable roll of the church as been relegated to the back ground cos those leading the church today have no genuine love for the people they are ministering to. the church is not just about spreading the gospel but also about helping others. Here is what James the brother of Jesus as to say about being a christian;

James 1:27: True and undefiled religion[worship] in the sight of God the father is taking care of the widow and the needy in their affliction and keeping your self uncorrupted from the world.

There are several scriptures in the new testament that directs the church to give to the needy, i would be glad to point them out to you if you want further clarification on what i have posted.
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by JJYOU: 12:27pm On May 27, 2009
KunleOshob:

@solosimple
Whilst you are right in your submissions that it is not the duty of pastors to develop their communities, it is the duty of the church to help and assist the poor and the needy. in fact if you study your bible well you would discover that church offerings and collections is meant to help the needy[acts 4:32-35]. The church is meant to help people live better lives and that is why churches are registered as charities becoas that is what they are meant to be however this charitable roll of the church as been relegated to the back ground cos those leading the church today have no genuine love for the people they are ministering to. the church is not just about spreading the gospel but also about helping others. Here is what James the brother of Jesus as to say about being a christian;

James 1:27: True and undefiled religion[worship] in the sight of God the father is taking care of the widow and the needy in their affliction and keeping your self uncorrupted from the world.

There are several scriptures in the new testament that directs the church to give to the needy, i would be glad to point them out to you if you want further clarification on what i have posted.
Acts 4:32-35 (King James Version)

32And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

33And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

34Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,

35And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.
where in these scriptures were christians told to make this into law?
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by KunleOshob(m): 12:54pm On May 27, 2009
JJYOU:

where in these scriptures were christians told to make this into law?
The greatest christian commandment in the bible is to love others, how do you practise this love if you don't assist the poor and the afflicted around you. This commandment was repeated several times in the new testament and was demonstrated thru charitable works by the apostles and the early church and we were asked to exemplify this.

The passage below further butresses my point:

King James Version (KJV)

1 Corinthians 13:1-13:

1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not[b] charity[/b], I am nothing.

3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4[b]Charity [/b]suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8[b]Charity[/b] never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

In other translations the word charity was substitued with the word love which goes further to prove my point that love was demonstrated through charitable works or by the term love in the scriptures charitable works was implied.

New Living Translation (NLT)

Love Is the Greatest
1 If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love [/b]others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t [b]love others, I would be nothing. 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t[b] love [/b]others, I would have gained nothing.

4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

8 Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever! 9 Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture! 10 But when full understanding comes, these partial things will become useless.

11 When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. 12 Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.

13 Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by solosimple(m): 1:20pm On May 27, 2009
@solosimple

My submissions was based on the original post, and I hope I have explained from the scriptures why it is not the responsibilities of Pastors (considering the reason for their calling) to develop their nations, which you also attested to. However, to say the church must stand to always help the poor and needy would mean starting another topic. In that case, you are very correct, anyone who truly studies the Bible knows that giving to the poor and helping the needy is taught throughout the Bible, from Genesis to Jude.

However,
something is not very clear to me about giving to the poor and helping the needy. Is the admonishment or (call it obligation) primarily to the poor and the needy among believers or is it general. From my readings, it appears to me that most time ("I'm not saying in all cases"wink people of God gave to the poor who happens to be among them or believers in other places. The contributions that was done in the days of the Apostles were either distributed among saints according to their needs or sent to other saints in another place who are in need (they did not take the money to the poor in the street.***I don't mean to say that they weren't helping those who are not Christian and so we should not. Jesus feed multitudes of people among whom there are many who did not believe but are only interested in his gifts***)
Consider the scriptures which says: DO GOOD TO ALL MEN ESPECIALLY TO THOSE OF THE HOUSEHOLD OF FAITH
once again it appears to me that helping the poor and the needy is primarily referring to the poor and the needy among believers.
You can share your understanding.
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by KunleOshob(m): 1:47pm On May 27, 2009
@Solosimple
I had to bring in the angle of the church becos pastors/reverens/bishops head the churches andin most cases especially amongst the pentecostals the church as been personalized and if the church is doing something the pastor would be given credit for it.

On the issue of whom to help whilst there are a number of examples in the new testament of christians helping fellow christians, there is no directive that this help should be restricted to only christians. Infact i believe it must be extended to non christians and in this way we would be abble to bring them to christ. The commandent given to love was :"love your neighbour as yourself" this can not be construed to mean fellow christians alone as the religion of christianity did not even begin until after the death of christ. Also examine this teaching in the book of James

James 1:27:
27 Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for[b] orphans and widows in their distress[/b] and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
Please note that the above was refering to distressed orphans and widows and NOT just believers. As christians we should learn to love all and not discriminate whether the person is a beleiver or not.
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by PastorAIO: 1:58pm On May 27, 2009
solosimple:

Pls people, don't let us confuse issues here, Pastors are not the same as Presidents or Senators, their major scope of operation is spiritual and not carnal(natural). It's good to define who a pastor is and hence get the correct knowledge of what we should expect from them.

But why do they need carnal cash to do this spiritual work?
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by KunleOshob(m): 1:59pm On May 27, 2009
Pastor AIO:

I tire oh grin
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by JJYOU: 2:02pm On May 27, 2009
KunleOshob:

The greatest christian commandment in the bible is to love others, how do you practise this love if you don't assist the poor and the afflicted around you. This commandment was repeated several times in the new testament and was demonstrated thru charitable works by the apostles and the early church and we were asked to exemplify this.

The passage below further butresses my point:

King James Version (KJV)

1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not[b] charity[/b], I am nothing.

3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4[b]Charity [/b]suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8[b]Charity[/b] never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

In other translations the word charity was substitued with the word love which goes further to prove my point that love was demonstrated through charitable works or by the term love in the scriptures charitable works was implied.

New Living Translation (NLT)

Love Is the Greatest
1 If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love [/b]others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t [b]love others, I would be nothing. 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t[b] love [/b]others, I would have gained nothing.

4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

8 Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever! 9 Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture! 10 But when full understanding comes, these partial things will become useless.

11 When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. 12 Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.

13 Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.

loving your brethren is a must for the christian person dont you think?  it is so easy to pour graceless and lifeless scriptures withour loving the brethren.

it is good to see you talk about love. hope you look for how to apply it to the pastors you so much hate becos they dont give to people on tele.  i hate your form of i, me and myself christianity.

you are a typical example of what is wrong with the nigerian form of christianity.  when i was in deeper life. i spent my years trying to understand people like you who make people feel guilty for having money or any good thing becos we were supposed to give it all away yet have no qualms asking monetary help from the same person they critisize.  
most of you come here telling how christianity is stronger in naija becos you sleeep and breathe christianity sadly you dont produce the fruits becos you hate, lie and beg for money just like your typical godless nigerian.

over and over you come across childish in your understanding of the bible.  you may know the letters but you dont have the spirit of Christ at least in  your criticism of people you hardly know.

the word says the letter killeth, the spirit maketh alive. didnt paul tell you if have all these your descernment to fish out the oyedepo's as phonies but dont have love your religion is nothing
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by ttalks(m): 2:10pm On May 27, 2009
solosimple:

My submissions was based on the original post, and I hope I have explained from the scriptures why it is not the responsibilities of Pastors (considering the reason for their calling) to develop their nations, which you also attested to. However, to say the church must stand to always help the poor and needy would mean starting another topic. In that case, you are very correct, anyone who truly studies the Bible knows that giving to the poor and helping the needy is taught throughout the Bible, from Genesis to Jude.

However,
something is not very clear to me about giving to the poor and helping the needy. Is the admonishment or (call it obligation) primarily to the poor and the needy among believers or is it general. From my readings, it appears to me that most time ("I'm not saying in all cases"wink people of God gave to the poor who happens to be among them or believers in other places. The contributions that was done in the days of the Apostles were either distributed among saints according to their needs or sent to other saints in another place who are in need (they did not take the money to the poor in the street.***I don't mean to say that they weren't helping those who are not Christian and so we should not. Jesus feed multitudes of people among whom there are many who did not believe but are only interested in his gifts***)
Consider the scriptures which says: DO GOOD TO ALL MEN ESPECIALLY TO THOSE OF THE HOUSEHOLD OF FAITH
once again it appears to me that helping the poor and the needy is primarily referring to the poor and the needy among believers.
You can share your understanding.

When it comes to giving or helping the poor, it is both believers and the others.
But there is always priority in everything.
When the "specially to those of the household of faith" was used, it implies that one's priorities when it comes to helping lies with those that are believers before any other person.

It's just like what is being portrayed in 1 Timothy 5:8:

1Timothy 5:8
(cool  But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

As 1 Timothy implies, one must make sure his immediate family is taken care of before he tries to help any other person.
So it is as regards helping the poor and needy in relation to those who are believers and those who aren't.
The believers can be considered as the family and the unbelievers as the others.
There is always priority in everything.
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by KunleOshob(m): 2:20pm On May 27, 2009
JJYOU:

loving your brethren is a must for the christian person dont you think?  it is so easy to pour graceless and lifeless scriptures withour loving the brethren.

it is good to see you talk about love. hope you look for how to apply it to the pastors you so much hate becos they dont give to people on tele.  i hate your form of i, me and myself christianity.

you are a typical example of what is wrong with the nigerian form of christianity.  when i was in deeper life. i spent my years trying to understand people like you who make people feel guilty for having money or any good thing becos we were supposed to give it all away yet have no qualms asking monetary help from the same person they critisize.  
most of you come here telling how christianity is stronger in naija becos you sleeep and breathe christianity sadly you dont produce the fruits becos you hate, lie and beg for money just like your typical godless nigerian.

over and over you come across childish in your understanding of the bible.  you may know the letters but you dont have the spirit of Christ at least in  your criticism of people you hardly know.

the word says the letter killeth, the spirit maketh alive.  didnt paul tell you if have all these your descernment to fish out the oyedepo's as phonies but dont have love your religion is nothing

On the contrary i am a very radical and uncoventional christain who is very unlike most christians in Nigeria, i have nothing against anybody being rich but i beleive in working hard for my money an not deceiving others to make money. My understandingof the bible goes beyond what you and other indoctrinated church goers understand, you only understand know what "pastor" told you, some of us have done a lot of research and also have the benefit of the holy spirit to minister to us the true gospel of christ. The fact that you cannot commprehend my level of understanding of the scriptures does not give you the liberty to make baseless judements and i as i see you are still very curious as per my age let me give you a hint: i finished my first degree in the 1994[you were probably still in primary school then] you have often displayed very ill manners and poor up bringing on this thread and that is why several times i choose to ignore your rants which is often a display of Juvenile Deliquency.
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by solosimple(m): 2:57pm On May 27, 2009
@ttalks
your post explains my view on the matter, just want to be sure I'm not getting it wrong.
Thanks!
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by solosimple(m): 3:03pm On May 27, 2009
@Pastor AIO
owo ni keke ihin rere, abi no be so grin grin grin
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by JJYOU: 4:02pm On May 27, 2009
ttalks:

When it comes to giving or helping the poor, it is both believers and the others.
But there is always priority in everything.
When the "specially to those of the household of faith" was used, it implies that one's priorities when it comes to helping lies with those that are believers before any other person.

It's just like what is being portrayed in 1 Timothy 5:8:

1Timothy 5:8
(cool  But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

As 1 Timothy implies, one must make sure his immediate family is taken care of before he tries to help any other person.
So it is as regards helping the poor and needy in relation to those who are believers and those who aren't.
The believers can be considered as the family and the unbelievers as the others.
There is always priority in everything.

the scripture some read said get the cameras rolling call the people line them up and shout see me i am giving. 
when you give alms dont let the right hand see what the left hand is doing.
KunleOshob:

On the contrary i am a very radical and uncoventional christain who is very unlike most christians in Nigeria, i have nothing against anybody being rich but i beleive in working hard for my money an not deceiving others to make money. My understandingof the bible goes beyond what you and other indoctrinated church goers understand, you only understand know what "pastor" told you, some of us have done a lot of research and also have the benefit of the holy spirit to minister to us the true gospel of christ. The fact that you cannot commprehend my level of understanding of the scriptures does not give you the liberty to make baseless judements and i as i see you are still very curious as per my age let me give you a hint: i finished my first degree in the 1994[you were probably still in primary school then] you have often displayed very ill manners and poor up bringing on this thread and that is why several times i choose to ignore your rants which is often a display of Juvenile Deliquency.
you are still manifesting the nauseating graceless, tasteless, loveless form of religion you have come to personify on NL.
commprehend my level of understanding of the scriptures
herein lies your problem.   you have a warped understanding of the scriptures.  last time i checked God dont have executive secretaries approving of one actions over the other. 

the oyedepos of this world are going to hell cos they dont tell kunle graduate of 1994 they help the poor so what you?     

you have often displayed very ill manners and poor up bringing on this thread
  if you checked my previous posts i have never hidden the fact i came from a very poor home. to help you calling us poor is to call us posh.  we were poo all brought up in a bedroom seperated by curtain but praise God we aren't poor no more not by any standards. 

the grace of God demands that we be thankfull and humble so i exit here thankfull that you dont have the keys to anybody life. continue your ranting on NL. goodluck mr 1994 graduate
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by KunleOshob(m): 10:28am On May 28, 2009
JJYOU:

the oyedepos of this world are going to hell cos they dont tell kunle graduate of 1994 they help the poor so what you?     
  if you checked my previous posts i have never hidden the fact i came from a very poor home. to help you calling us poor is to call us posh.  we were poo all brought up in a bedroom seperated by curtain but praise God we aren't poor no more not by any standards. 

the grace of God demands that we be thankfull and humble so i exit here thankfull that you dont have the keys to anybody life. continue your ranting on NL. goodluck mr 1994 graduate
Again here you display not only a very poor understanding of scripture but a pathetic understanding of the english language. By saying poor up bringing means that you were badly brought up and NOT that you came from a poor background. I would never insult or abuse a person for coming from a poor back ground that is totally out of character for me.
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by JJYOU: 12:20pm On May 28, 2009
KunleOshob:

Again here you display not only a very poor understanding of scripture but a pathetic understanding of the english language. By saying poor up bringing means that you were badly brought up and NOT that you came from a poor background. I would never insult or abuse a person for coming from a poor back ground that is totally out of character for me.
thanks for taking the bait. i wanted you to spell it clear becos knowing the maradona you are you would have said you were not insulting my parents. you hanged yourself very nicely. not too clever for a 1994 graduate is it?

as i have told you before you and your types stand for everything i find obscene in the holier than thou devisive form of christianity you practice .

i hate wasting my time on a waste of space like you seeing you are so religiously deluded like the many hateful, ugly and nasty Christless religious sect you belong to.

how does upbringing affect your understanding and interpretations of the scriptures? you wish my " poor "parents brought you up first thing you would have learnt is how not to criticize people you know you can never do 1% of thier dids. you wish they brought you up you would have learnt the small virtue of humility. given 500yrs to live you can never achieve 10% of what david oyedepo has achieved in his short life.
paul said " we have the treasures of God in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may [i]should always [/i]be of God and not of us ( 2 Cor. 4 :7).

your arrogance makes you believe you are all that i hate to tell you as paul said you are nothing it shows clearer and clearer daily. you go about highlighting love yet easily forget love does not pump up itself and is not proud nor arrogant like you display here. you are too full of your pumpous nauseating self for me to continue any meaningfull dialogue with.

continue judging yourself on NL thinking you are judging david oyedepo and the rest. surprise surprise they are doing things that take your good for nothing govts struggle to do. keep on giving yourself headache becos you are the only well brought up 1994 graduate christian in nigeria. welcome to your no destination bus. it is obvious you know nothing about the kingdom of God neither the love in the kingdom.
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by REALTRUTH1: 2:01pm On May 28, 2009
@Kunleosho: Just one short word; God bless you man!
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by KunleOshob(m): 2:21pm On May 28, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

@Kunleosho: Just one short word; God bless you man!
Thanx my brother.
Re: Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria by Akabiboy(m): 4:44pm On May 28, 2009
@ttalks and Sososimple
Can you consider this 2 situstions and tell which will be more appealing to God:

1) Helping to pay the bills of a non believer who needs a life saving operation, or

2) Paying the school fees of a fellow christian in his final year in the university?

(1) (Reply)

If Michael Jackson Had Done A Gospel Song! / If You Pass Away Today What What Happens To All The Wealth You Have Accumulated / A Very Urgent Warning And Message From Our Lord Jesus! Pls: Take Heed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.