Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

What Is Celtel Doing? - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is Celtel Doing? (16974 Views)

Celtel Wap And Mms Settings / Celtel Begins Compensation To Customers / Thread closed{Bonus Credit On Celtel} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by amodu(m): 11:11am On Nov 24, 2006
You are right
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by DereI(f): 11:33am On Nov 24, 2006
Thanks Amodu
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by Stcamilus(m): 1:11pm On Nov 24, 2006
well i think celtel is working on something, i trust them they're still the same. 08029068847
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by Mustay(m): 3:03pm On Nov 24, 2006
While glo and celtel r competing, celtel is competing with d likes of reltel, intercellular etcall networks r messed up! MTN r d big marketers while glo r d 'proudly nigerian'd midnight call is bunkum. Y not give up free weekend calls instead?probably d award of best customer service award cos sinz celtel took over, one can hardly get through.even d million naira ad reminds 1 of those 'buy 1 omo and win a kia'ads. celtel u guys r CRAP. WE challenge u guys MAKE OUR LIVES BETTER.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by buzortech(m): 5:41pm On Nov 24, 2006
ceejay80s:

o boy talk true,how much glo take bribe u? it seems as if u ve 4gotten that this is naija.glo is the first to bring gprs,its like u ve not seen the first who eventually come last.i prefer to see than to here.all networks are messing up!!

Man, if u enjoy a good thing, u don't need someone to tell u to spread the message.
ceejay80s:

my guy less i forget,u said glo has tested 3G network,was it tested in your house? because i have a glo line & a nec 3G phone,i didnt exprience a thing.let them wait for ncc until iraq,liberia,somalia have 4G before we come out on 3G. just look at south africa already on 3G.we dey here dey make mouth

Glo tested within the confines of some of its staff and few other privileged individuals. But you know how protocol kills things in Nigeria, NCC has to be well watered b4 they issue a license. One thing i have observed as a faithful subscriber is that, anytime a network failure is experienced in Glo, there must be something better being worked on. GLO na the koko now o.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by drogba(m): 8:42pm On Nov 24, 2006
I would give it to glo cos they are the ones making us enjoy all the goodies we are enjoying today.

Without glo, would there have been anything like per second billing?
The answer here is NO because if you can all remember, MTN and Econet thought it was impossible.

Without glo, would there have been anything like SIM cards for 100 naira?
NO. Not until glo did the free SIM promo b4 all the others started thinking about dropping SIM prices. If not for glo, many people even on Nairaland today wont even be able to purchase a SIM.

Without glo, would there have been anything like GPRS?
No because other networks didn't think it was necessary to offer the service until glo did it.

Without glo, would there have been anything like competition?
No because glo came in and hell was let loose in the industry. We the customers started becoming king.

Glo did so many things like first to offer free SMS, first to offer SMS at a reduced price, first to offer free GPRS, first to offer reduced SIM prices, first to offer the lowest recharge card denomination, first to offer lowest on-net call tariff of 70 kobo per second, first with superior VAS, the list goes on.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by buzortech(m): 9:11pm On Nov 24, 2006
Tell them ma bro
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by africanboy(m): 9:59pm On Nov 24, 2006
Apologies, I could not read through all the posts before posting. Crucify me anyway.

According to the Adverts, Celtel had approx 13-15 million subscribers in about 13-14 countries before coming to Nigeria. Vmobile had approx 5 million before morphing into Celtel. My maths may be bad, but Celtel had approx 1-2 million subscribers per country before coming here and they want to handle a base of approx 5 million.

They will definitely require some time to adapt (that is if they can).

As for me, I retain my Celtel for one reason only - a lot of people know me on that number (I have lost and recovered it thrice).

My 2 free sms
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by hayprof(m): 10:20pm On Nov 24, 2006
@Whoever: Glo First dis! angry First dat! angry
Yeah, We know u said they are the first to introduce this and dat, but they r Not anywhere in the top 3 i tell u.
-This Surely shows what nigerians are , all because of free call, we start blabbing Celtel is not good, they are not serious i av thrown away my sim, etc
-I know for sure those dat made such comments wont come back here to tell us they av picked up their sim frm where they left them shocked when some sort of freebie comes from Celtel, Innit?

Celtel: where were they when they were using your free Gprs shocked, Now they used it all up, here they are blabbing.
Always Celtel Jare! kiss wink
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by drogba(m): 10:46pm On Nov 24, 2006
hayprof:

Celtel: where were they when they were using your free Gprs shocked, Now they used it all up, here they are blabbing.
Always Celtel Jare! kiss wink
Well, I still have my brother's spare celtel line which I use for free GPRS without loading credit. Once they start charging, I'll fling it out through the window cos it becomes useless to me.

I can make a call on glo for 33kobo with a discount, and as low as 21kobo on MTN friends and family(extraconnect) so what the hell am I doing on celtel where I have to call for 80kobo? As far as I'm concerned, the market price of making a call has reduced but celtel refused to reduce their rates. Well, if you have money to throw away, you can throw away by using celtel for all I care, afterall it's your money.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by buzortech(m): 4:32am On Nov 25, 2006
The truth of the matter is that Celtel rushed into the Nigerian market when they learnt of how much MTN made the first year they started through charging high rates. They felt they'll cover their buying price in a short while, thats y the tariff drop is still a shocker to them. They are finding it hard to recover from this 'bad buy'.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 6:28am On Nov 25, 2006
Loads of peeps with myopic reasoning! This thread has been stained with this. dont know how long I will take it.

Drogba talks like the drogba in chelsea plays! with all ur horse crap, u still have a celtel line u use for something beneficial

and who told u per second billing wouldnt have come without glo introducing.

alright who has free gprs?
who has a recharge card denomination as loww as N100 and N50?
who is the first to test drive 3G network with the senate in attendance?

Talking about the first?

u would not have had low recharge denomination as low as N200 if not for, u know who?

y'all cook ur words cos y'all will eat them real soon!!!!!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by snazzydawn(f): 1:16pm On Nov 25, 2006
*shakes head* cabali, cabali,cabali *shakes head again*
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by stillkay(m): 1:36pm On Nov 25, 2006
All bullshit talks, let us see who give us the lowest tariff,as low as 10kobo per seconds cool

Still they will make their cool pay undecided
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by buzortech(m): 1:59pm On Nov 25, 2006
@cabali, I just hope celtel doesn't dash the big hopes u are putting on them, cos the've lost their grip, absolutely clueless on what plans to put up.
Now who says they are the first to demonstrate 3G in Nigeria, thats false. It was Glo that did that, and it was rounded up in august this year.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by stillkay(m): 6:11pm On Nov 25, 2006
Very true
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by otokx(m): 4:07am On Nov 26, 2006
actions speak louder than words, celtel are in a state of permanent shock, they don't know what hit them, in their mind Nigeria starts and ends in Lagos; but even in that their "NIGERIA" their subscriber base is shrinking fast.

@Cabali, how many nigerians have camera phones? then u are talking 3G. Even those that have gprs enabled phones don't know how to configure them to take advantage of the free 10mms on MTN, and for those who have this knowledge they are still constrained by naira.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by africanboy(m): 8:20pm On Nov 26, 2006
reducing call charges will not kill them. they need to innovate
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by ceejay80s(m): 8:38am On Nov 27, 2006
none of u knows what 3g is & its capabilities? because if u do,u will all be urging them to come ou t with it & 4get all about these old school promo that they are giving to us.isaac newton was the 1st to discover force of gravity.glo brought gprs to nigeria SO WHAT! na new thing?
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by buzortech(m): 12:56pm On Nov 27, 2006
ceejay80s:

none of u knows what 3g is & its capabilities? because if u do,u will all be urging them to come ou t with it & forget all about these old school promo that they are giving to us.isaac newton was the 1st to discover force of gravity.glo brought gprs to nigeria SO WHAT! na new thing?

Man, I can feel ur pains. Its so hard to let go what u have been used to even if its getting messed up, especially if u are known by it. But anyway sha, the truth has always been bitter, Celtel is trying hard to recover from what hit them.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by vizion: 2:58pm On Nov 27, 2006
In the beginning ECONET

later on Vmobile

now its Celtel

instead of borthering what celtel has in its empty coffers we should bother about what its next name is going to be
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by jaybaby(f): 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2006
:d :d
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by textmypage(m): 6:31am On Nov 29, 2006
U can send mms at celtel. I would love 2 exchange picture with nairaland members using celtel/vmobile. My number is 08027252468. Up celtel 4 life n i am sending this via celtel gprs.i.e sending this thru my phone using celtel gprs
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 3:57am On Nov 30, 2006
@ snazzy

what!!!!! huh What??!!!!!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 4:04am On Nov 30, 2006
@ Otoks who has shown his very littlle understandin of 3g

who says 3g is only about video phones?

anyone who does not get his facts right, do not post on this thread!!!

@burzotec says glo has tested glo; where is it written and on what paper? who was in attendance? shey at the time the ceo had eloped from the country right?

get ur facts right or zip those lips up!!! pleeeeeaseee
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by drogba(m): 7:09am On Nov 30, 2006
As at Aug 2006, glo had tested their 3g services in Abuja and Lagos. If you want to see a live demonstration, go to gloworld and check it out yourself. Besides, glo's implementation is both EDGE/3G capable (best of both worlds, and a step further than Celtel)

http://www.mobileafrica.net/n1658.htm
http://www.actix.com/rss/default.asp?ItemID=17566418
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cushman(m): 6:30pm On Nov 30, 2006
Y'all know nothing about Celtel. You guys are just going about it blindly.

But whatever it is,

Celtel 4eva!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 8:21pm On Nov 30, 2006
@ Drogba

thats another shot off target at an empty post like ur name sake!!

celtel's doing EDGE as well.

If they have completed it how come there is only one network at the door of NCC waiting for the license, I tell u why, they did not do jack!!!!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by buzortech(m): 5:51pm On Dec 01, 2006
cabali:

@ Otoks who has shown his very littlle understandin of 3g

who says 3g is only about video phones?

anyone who does not get his facts right, do not post on this thread!!!

@burzotec says glo has tested glo; where is it written and on what paper? who was in attendance? shey at the time the ceo had eloped from the country right?
get your facts right or zip those lips up!!! pleeeeeaseee

@ cabali, u don't need to get personal about this, but if my guess is right, try laying your hands on either The Guardian or Daily Independent of 30th August, you'll get all your proof on the front page.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 7:15pm On Dec 01, 2006
grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cushman(m): 7:23pm On Dec 01, 2006
Celtel 4eva!

Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 7:34pm On Dec 01, 2006
tell 'em cush!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nokia Lumia 520: The Most Affordable Windows Phone Yet! / All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App / Virtual Nigerian Phone Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.