Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Is "daddy" Just Another Word? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is "daddy" Just Another Word? (1149 Views)

SEE What This Lady Is Doing To Herself On Her Baby Daddy's Grave. / Guys, Would You Like Your Wife To Call You Daddy? / Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is "daddy" Just Another Word? by HunkA(m): 3:46am On May 27, 2009
I've been searching to see if i can find a family where a child will say "i love my daddy just the way he behaves",but i've found none.its a pity though that most african children just live wit a man who has no daddy aspect in them.it hurts real bad especially when the crown it wit wicked acts towards our mothers who do their duty so well.i know cos i'm a victim n stil live wit it as i write.i just hope our fathers will pause n think just4a minute before they act cos u r just deepening the barrier
Re: Is "daddy" Just Another Word? by C2H5OH(f): 3:47am On May 27, 2009
come again?
Re: Is "daddy" Just Another Word? by Sissy3(f): 3:59am On May 27, 2009
i dont get it undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is "daddy" Just Another Word? by NoFearNYC(m): 4:02am On May 27, 2009
slightly confused here.

Are you trying to say that most men are really just abusive sperm donors and don't really understand what it means to be a  loving parent?

I think that's what the OP is trying to say, but I might be wrong.

I happen to love my father just the way he is. He doesn't abuse my mother and is a loving husband and father. However, I also understand that he is only human, like anyone else, and will make mistakes.

I know what is considered the norm in some families, I find abusive and disgusting, BUT, there are good Nigerian fathers out there. Women also need to realize, that a man can only treat you how you allow him to.
Re: Is "daddy" Just Another Word? by Nobody: 4:03am On May 27, 2009
I love my daddy o. tongue tongue

However, I think I know where you're coming from. These fathers need to understand you don't leave all the training of the kids to their mothers. Most think being personable with their kids is like a crime.
Re: Is "daddy" Just Another Word? by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 27, 2009
please dont genralize!!!
i love my father/mother and all the people around me do as well apart from the ones that never met their dads(for one reason or the other) but that is not a reason to put all fathers in the same bag.
some are good and some are bad LIKE some mothers are good, others are great and then there are some who are plain BAD.
you have your own issues to deal with and maybe people around you do to but it doesnt mean that its a common feature among fathers of today.
Re: Is "daddy" Just Another Word? by ifyalways(f): 6:56pm On May 27, 2009
@Poster,sorry to hear that u lacked paternal love.I hope u wud be a good dad so ur kids wont have reasons to create such a thread in NL someday undecided
Re: Is "daddy" Just Another Word? by MaiSuya(m): 11:35pm On May 27, 2009
[b]I've been searching to see if i can find a family where a child will say "i love my daddy just the way he behaves",but i've found none.[/b]its a pity though that most african children just live wit a man who has no daddy aspect in them.it hurts real bad especially when the crown it wit wicked acts towards our mothers who do their duty so well.i know cos i'm a victim n stil live wit it as i write.i just hope our fathers will pause n think just4a minute before they act cos u r just deepening the barrier

To be honest, I'm not sure I can even say that msyelf - ''I luv my daddy just the way he behaves'', because sometimes - most times actually - nna I no just dey understand am o!

But I truly hope my children (when they arrive) will be able to confidently say that of me. SO HELP ME GOD!
Re: Is "daddy" Just Another Word? by HunkA(m): 8:08am On May 28, 2009
I know what it feels like n how much it hurts,i'l try the best dad i can b wit God's help
Re: Is "daddy" Just Another Word? by Ben13: 9:27am On May 28, 2009
The poster knows exactly what he's saying.

hmmmm. . .some 'daddys' are not just worthy undecided
Re: Is "daddy" Just Another Word? by Ilelobola: 12:25pm On May 28, 2009
I love my daddy.
Re: Is "daddy" Just Another Word? by glotes(f): 7:13pm On May 30, 2009
Hunk A:

I've been searching to see if i can find a family where a child will say "i love my daddy just the way he behaves",but i've found none.its a pity though that most african children just live wit a man who has no daddy aspect in them.it hurts real bad especially when the crown it wit wicked acts towards our mothers who do their duty so well.i know cos i'm a victim n stil live wit it as i write.i just hope our fathers will pause n think just4a minute before they act cos u r just deepening the barrier

Me i love my daddy ooh, i love him just the way he is, even though he makes me angry atimes.
Whatever your experience with your dad leave it in the past and create a wonderful relationship with your kids or when they come around, you will benefit from it as all the hurt you feel will melt away.
best wishes.
Re: Is "daddy" Just Another Word? by nezerst(f): 3:24pm On Jun 02, 2009
Most Men do not know their roles as parents, they believe all that matters is putting food an the table. They simply do not care about any other thing. The way they treat their wives does not even help the situation.
No wonder they always get kparaga as gifts at d even of d day!!
Wish u young men will learn.
But nevertheless I love my dad more
but I respect my mum so much more!!
Re: Is "daddy" Just Another Word? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 02, 2009
nezerst:

Most Men do not know their roles as parents, they believe all that matters is putting food an the table. They simply do not care about any other thing. The way they treat their wives does not even help the situation.
No wonder they always get kparaga as gifts at d even of d day!!
Wish u young men will learn.
But nevertheless I love my dad more
but I respect my mum so much more!!

Plz, help me talk to men of this generation o.
There's a diff b/w being called a father and actually being a father.
Every woman would rather want a man that's afather rather than one that's called "father" as a husband and one for her kids.
Plz talk to them o, help them listen.

hmmmph
Re: Is "daddy" Just Another Word? by HunkA(m): 3:55am On Jun 06, 2009
Does that make any sense?
Re: Is "daddy" Just Another Word? by oyinda3(f): 3:59am On Jun 06, 2009
Hunk A:

yea I understand what you mean about a lot of "fathers" being irresponsible. You seem like you'll make a good father though. Goodluck
Re: Is "daddy" Just Another Word? by Nobody: 4:01am On Jun 06, 2009
Hunk A:

If you cannot understand the diff between being a father and being called a father, then there's not much I can do for you.

Any man that gets a woman pregnant (sexually AND AI) can be called father. However, a man that is there for his children and understands his responsibilities as a father should be the one deemed the honor.

Any useless man can be called a father, it takes a responsible serious man to be a father.

Get it now? undecided
Re: Is "daddy" Just Another Word? by tpiah: 3:23pm On Jun 21, 2009
I'v
e been searching to see if i can find a family where a child will say "i love my daddy just the way he behaves",but i've found none.its a pity though that most african children just live wit a man who has no daddy aspect in them.it hurts real bad especially when the crown it wit wicked acts towards our mothers who do their duty so well.i know cos i'm a victim n stil live wit it as i write.i just hope our fathers will pause n think just4a minute before they act cos u r just deepening the barrier

sad and sorry state of affairs but how for do. undecided
Re: Is "daddy" Just Another Word? by Fhemmmy: 5:16pm On Jun 22, 2009
It takes any man with a dikc to be a daddy, but takes one with wisdom and a heart to be a father.
i love my father.
Re: Is "daddy" Just Another Word? by mamagee3(f): 6:10pm On Jun 22, 2009
daddy, father, papa, dad, pa, but who cares? grin grin
Re: Is "daddy" Just Another Word? by iice(f): 10:11am On Jun 23, 2009
Abeg oo i love my dada kiss kiss kiss

(1) (Reply)

Aged People Getting Married / I Need A Matured Advice Only / Oh Am Soo Happy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.