Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

California Backs Gay Marriage Ban - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / California Backs Gay Marriage Ban (6524 Views)

US Gay Marriage: Robert Mugabe Asks Obama's Hand In Marriage / America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal / ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by AjaraEwuro: 2:15am On May 31, 2009
C2H5OH:

haharotflmfaofuckinglolgbosa.  good one
very silly.

very very silly.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by TayoD1(m): 2:30am On May 31, 2009
@C2H5OH,

haharotflmfaofuckinglolgbosa.  good one
No mind all these people who are just manufactring Rights left, right and center.

Rights by definition are God (or nature) endowed. They cannot be conferred on man by man! Marriage is a priviledge confered on some people by the State. It is up to the State to determine who it recognises.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by C2H5OH(f): 2:35am On May 31, 2009
The good news is that people with good logic recognie the difference between priviledges and rights, and that is something that gay marriage supporters are struggling big time to understand.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by oyinda3(f): 2:37am On May 31, 2009
shakes head. homo phobics
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by C2H5OH(f): 2:41am On May 31, 2009
oyinda.:

shakes head. homo phobics

WHAT 

I knew it! You are a lesbian.  What kind of satisfaction do you derive from bumping clits with other women.
pervert!
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by oyinda3(f): 2:45am On May 31, 2009
I am friends with some gay guys and I sometimes try to put myself in their shoes.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by C2H5OH(f): 2:51am On May 31, 2009
oyinda.:

I am friends with some gay guys and I sometimes try to put myself in their shoes.

lol grin . i put myself in their shoes too. glad we have given them civil unions. i think they sort of deserve it.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by oyinda3(f): 2:55am On May 31, 2009
ur not nice at all.
I think that's what some whites were saying about black ppl 60+ yrs ago in america.
sooner or later we'll have our first gay president  tongue
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by C2H5OH(f): 2:56am On May 31, 2009
oyinda.:

ur not nice at all.
I think that's what some whites were saying about black ppl 60+ yrs ago in america.
sooner or later we'll have our first gay president tongue
please read old threads. stop comparing the fight for civil rights to this waste of taxpayers' money, abeg.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by oyinda3(f): 2:58am On May 31, 2009
what has taxpayer's money got to do with this? enlighten me
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by C2H5OH(f): 3:01am On May 31, 2009
oyinda.:

what has taxpayer's money got to do with this? enlighten me
undecided come on, it's obvious.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by Nobody: 3:02am On May 31, 2009
C2H5OH:

please read old threads. stop comparing the fight for civil rights to this waste of taxpayers' money, abeg.

I wonder. Gay "rights" is not a civil right but an attempt to force a private choice down our throats.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by oyinda3(f): 3:02am On May 31, 2009
i don't get it  undecided
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by oyinda3(f): 3:04am On May 31, 2009
davidylan:

I wonder. Gay "rights" is not a civil right but an attempt to force a private choice down our throats.

no one's forcing anything down ur throat. its either ur homophobic or not.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by Nobody: 3:07am On May 31, 2009
oyinda.:

what an utter phony you folks are . . . grin

50 yrs ago no one ever dreamt homosexualism would EVER be whispered outside bedrooms . . . was everyone homophobic then? What next are we going to legalise? Sodomy and orgies? Afterall dont i have a "right" to have sex with 8 women at once? Why are you orgyphobic? Let me have my rights too.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by C2H5OH(f): 3:07am On May 31, 2009
oyinda.:

how is he homophobic?  what makes one a homophobe? You people just throw that word around.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by Nobody: 3:09am On May 31, 2009
C2H5OH:

how is he homophobic?  what makes one a homophobe? You people just throw that word around.

lol you also noticed. cheesy

Why does society imprison 28 yr old women who have consensual sex with a 14 yr old boy but cry about rights for homosexuals? Hasnt that 14yr old a right to sex with whoever he wishes?
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by oyinda3(f): 3:12am On May 31, 2009
davidylan:

lol you also noticed.  cheesy

Why does society imprison 28 yr old women who have consensual sex with a 14 yr old boy but cry about rights for homosexuals? Hasnt that 14yr old a right to sex with whoever he wishes?

is this why ur taking out your frustration on gay ppl?

@C2, i still don't get the taxpayer part.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by Nobody: 3:14am On May 31, 2009
oyinda.:

is this why ur taking out your frustration on gay ppl?

Nebulous. Which frustration? who cares about gay pple? I havent personally met one and they are of no interest to me.

I'm simply stating why i feel we shld not change the laws just to suit the personal preference of a minority.

when you people hit the brickwall of logic, you turn to ambigous personal insults.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by oyinda3(f): 3:15am On May 31, 2009
davidylan:

Nebulous. Which frustration? who cares about gay pple? I havent personally met one and they are of no interest to me.

case closed.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by Nobody: 3:21am On May 31, 2009
oyinda.:

case closed.

you had no case before. Many of you pple just parrot western ideology either to "feel among" or as a show of "we are now civilized" without taking a deeper meaning into the unintended consequences.

1. If the California courts had overruled prop 8 that would have set a dangerous precedent. Courts now have the right to annul elections or change laws without regard for the will of the majority (which is what democracy is supposed to be about stupid!)

2. Change the law to include gays and you'll have a slew of pple suing doctors, religious organisations, innocent individuals who choose to refuse their voluntary services to gay folks for religious reasons.
Anyone heard what happened to eharmony.com? Of course not . . . many of these "rights" campaigners are just ignorant noise makers.

3. Legalise gay marriage . . . and we'd be facing polygamy next . . . followed by bigamy, sodomy and eventually legalising "consensual" pedofilia.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by C2H5OH(f): 3:22am On May 31, 2009
I'm saying money that should be spent on more important issues like health care and education etc is being poured into this issue.  The more they fight the more we spend.  When they lose they come back again for a repeat of the same process.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by C2H5OH(f): 3:24am On May 31, 2009
davidylan:

you had no case before. Many of you pple just parrot western ideology either to "feel among" or as a show of "we are now civilized" without taking a deeper meaning into the unintended consequences.

1. If the California courts had overruled prop 8 that would have set a dangerous precedent. Courts now have the right to annul elections or change laws without regard for the will of the majority (which is what democracy is supposed to be about stupid!)

2. Change the law to include gays and you'll have a slew of pple suing doctors, religious organisations, innocent individuals who choose to refuse their voluntary services to gay folks for religious reasons.
Anyone heard what happened to eharmony.com? Of course not . . . many of these "rights" campaigners are just ignorant noise makers.

3. Legalise gay marriage . . . and we'd be facing polygamy next . . . followed by bigamy, sodomy and eventually legalising "consensual" pedofilia.

Exactly!

I sure did. I heard what happened to eharmony.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by oyinda3(f): 3:24am On May 31, 2009
C2H5OH:

I'm saying money that should be spent on more important issues like health care and education etc is being poured into this issue.  The more they fight the more we spend.  When they lose they come back again for a repeat of the same process.

I see
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by Nobody: 3:25am On May 31, 2009
C2H5OH:

We had a first hand experience of what its like to refuse the gay campaigners . . . the mormon church was villified and sued, Artistic director Scott Eckert of the California musical theater was forced out of his job simply because he dared support prop 8.

Yeah and we are the ones who are "discriminatory".
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by oyinda3(f): 3:28am On May 31, 2009
well i'm out of all these balderdash.
I personally feel that anti-gay ppl are those who are looking for means to feel better abt themselves.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by C2H5OH(f): 3:29am On May 31, 2009
Personal opinons aren't always correct. You gotta come with the facts.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by Nobody: 3:32am On May 31, 2009
oyinda.:

well i'm out of all these balderdash.
I personally feel that anti-gay ppl are those who are looking for means to feel better abt themselves.

yeah its better you are "out" because its apparent that apart from your merely regurgitating all the touchy-feely politically correct garbage you hear on TV, you are largely ignorant about the consequences of legalising gay "marriage". There is a reason the Fed has still REFUSED to repeal DADT in the military and there is a reason congress is staying wide of the gay marriage issue and leaving it to the courts or voters.

Most of you dont know . . . you just spout nonsense.

There is nothing like "anti-gay" people. Its simply a propaganda term used to slander those who dont agree with your warped ideas. No one is bothered whether you choose to stick a pin in your neighbors butt in your bedroom . . . dont come and try to change the law that affects the majority of us who dont want to stick pins anywhere. The key word being MAJORITY!

As liberal as the US senate is today . . . it wont EVER vote to legalise gay marriage . . . at least not in our lifetime. The political firestorm would consume them.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by Nobody: 3:33am On May 31, 2009
C2H5OH:

Personal opinons aren't always correct. You gotta come with the facts.

You expect "facts" from those whose only tool is to yell "homophobe" every 10 secs?
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by oyinda3(f): 3:35am On May 31, 2009
davidylan:
There is a reason the Fed has still REFUSED to repeal DADT in the military and there is a reason congress is staying wide of the gay marriage issue and leaving it to the courts or voters.

what are the reasons? I thought Obama was ending that stupid policy.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by Nobody: 3:38am On May 31, 2009
oyinda.:

what are the reasons? I thought Obama was ending that stupid policy.

That was a campaign "promise" . . . there is still no definitive word from the WH. Infact the military recently sacked an officer in the army national guard for openly coming out as gay on national TV.

Look there are deeper repercussions for legalising homosexuality. Better to go understand what you promote better before just parroting empty lines.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by C2H5OH(f): 3:40am On May 31, 2009
davidylan:

We had a first hand experience of what its like to refuse the gay campaigners . . . the mormon church was villified and sued, Artistic director Scott Eckert of the California musical theater was forced out of his job simply because he dared support prop 8.

Yeah and we are the ones who are "discriminatory".

That's the part that really sucks.  forcing people who disagree with their lifestyle out of jobs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Japanese Are Getting Surgery To Look Like Donuts (pictures) / Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace / BREAKING! Yet Another Murder By Racist Cops In Amerika

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.