Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,583 members, 7,827,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

California Backs Gay Marriage Ban - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / California Backs Gay Marriage Ban (6525 Views)

US Gay Marriage: Robert Mugabe Asks Obama's Hand In Marriage / America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal / ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by Nobody: 3:43am On May 31, 2009
C2H5OH:

That's the part that really sucks.  forcing people who disagree with their lifestyle out of jobs.

the funny thing is none of these gay supporters EVER tell you about the silent majority who have to pay for their RIGHT to oppose gay marriage with loss of jobs, lawsuits and outright discrimination.

Hearing them talk you'd think the LGBT are simply a bunch of oppressed sheep.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by bawomolo(m): 3:46am On May 31, 2009
From a purely humane perspective, sex outside of marriage comes natural to a lot of people.  Biblically, fornication is sinful.

so you choose to commit sin just because it's a natural urge to you?  Selective christian i see.

The more they fight the more we spend.  When they lose they come back again for a repeat of the same process.

just like the civil right and women's right marchers.  you got to love when history repeats itself  grin.

Look there are deeper repercussions for legalising homosexuality

what are the repercussions sir ?

C2H5OH:

That's the part that really sucks.  forcing people who disagree with their lifestyle out of jobs.

but forcing and openly gay guardsmen out of his job is cool right??

You got to love the hate filled hypocrites.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by oyinda3(f): 3:47am On May 31, 2009
Infact the military recently sacked an officer in the army national guard for openly coming out as gay on national TV.

angry angry and nothing is wrong with this??
why should gay people have to endure their entire lives pretending to be straight/ living in closets and losing their jobs if they don't.
why do THEY have to conform to a lifestyle they don't believe in.

hypocrisy at its best
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by bawomolo(m): 3:48am On May 31, 2009
because they should hide their faggotry form morally righteous people.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by Nobody: 3:48am On May 31, 2009
bawomolo:

but forcing and openly gay guardsmen out of his job is cool right??

You got to love the hate filled hypocrites.

Stupid. He wasnt sacked because his superiors were "hate-filled hypocrites". We dont even know that any of them were christian. In the army there is a strict code that each member HAS to adhere to. As long as DADT remains an official policy of the army, you have to abide by it. Unlike you clueless hypocritical parrots . . . it had nothing to do with hate but RULES.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by oyinda3(f): 3:49am On May 31, 2009
what are the repercussions sir ?

yeah I want to know what these deadly repercussions are as well.
or is that a Don't Ask Don't Tell secret too?
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by Nobody: 3:50am On May 31, 2009
oyinda.:

angry angry and nothing is wrong with this??
why should gay people have to endure their entire lives pretending to be straight/ living in closets and losing their jobs if they don't.
why do THEY have to conform to a lifestyle they don't believe in.

hypocrisy at its best

this is rubbish. Have you ever been in the military? Merely taking your uniform off while on duty can get you sacked. My uncle was a Lt. Col in the Nigerian army so at least i have some basic military background.

Many of you didnt even know of this incident until i brought it up. so much for your whinning.

DADT is an official policy of the US army, you cant flout it and expect to go scott-free while calling the army a bunch of "hypocrites". I think you pple need a reality check.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by Nobody: 3:51am On May 31, 2009
oyinda.:

yeah I want to know what these deadly repercussions are as well.
or is that a Don't Ask Don't Tell secret too?

I've been talking about them since ages on this thread. If you cant see them then something is wrong with your capacity to reason outside your propaganda. Go back and read post #84
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by Nobody: 3:53am On May 31, 2009
bawomolo:

because they should hide their faggotry form morally righteous people.

It might interest you to note that many in the military brass are not even claiming to be christian, righteous or moral. Take of your blinkers . . . it might be all you need to see clearly in the fog of confusion.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by oyinda3(f): 3:55am On May 31, 2009
Many of you didnt even know of this incident until i brought it up. so much for your whinning.

give urself a round of applause and a pat on the back then  undecided
nobody except u know that millitary men are being kicked out because of their sexuality.

the point is u brought it up and then contradicted yourself which made u look dumb.  
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by Nobody: 3:58am On May 31, 2009
oyinda.:

give urself a round of applause and a pat on the back then  undecided
nobody except u know that millitary men are being kicked out because of their sexuality.

the point is u brought it up and then contradicted yourself which made u look dumb.  

Again more stupidity from anything goes sheeple.

1. Only ONE army guardsman has been sacked for being openly gay so far. So who else do you all know about?

2. For those who pretend to support gay rights, it is downright criminal that you are not current on the news as regards gay rights. you cant simply be an emotional blowhard . . . your personal opinions are of no relevance to the larger society.

3. Where did i "contradict" myself? lipsrsealed
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by bawomolo(m): 3:58am On May 31, 2009
davidylan:

It might interest you to note that many in the military brass are not even claiming to be christian, righteous or moral. Take of your blinkers . . . it might be all you need to see clearly in the fog of confusion.

bros, what's the use of DADT. you do realize segregation laws were once "rules" right.  keep up the hypocrisy.

na only you dey watch CNN?

answer me now, what are the repercussions of gay marriage.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by oyinda3(f): 4:02am On May 31, 2009
lol @ bawomolo grin
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by oyinda3(f): 4:03am On May 31, 2009
you do realize segregation laws were once "rules" right.
and they had "repercussions" too grin
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by Nobody: 4:03am On May 31, 2009
bawomolo:

bros, what's the use of DADT. you do realize segregation laws were once "rules" right.  keep up the hypocrisy.

DADT is a military law . . . it is not up to mere kids like you to be questioning its usefulness just because it doesnt fit into your gay rights "parade". There are several other rules like that in the army . . . i dont hear you whine about them.

Yes segregation laws were once rules but it took a majority in the senate and house of reps to pass the civil rights bill into law. The people of California took the gay rights issue to the voters, the gay campaigners LOST. Rather than lash out in violence why dont they take the case to the legislature like other states have done?

Define democracy again pls.

Keep up the hypocrisy dudes.

bawomolo:

na only you dey watch CNN?

I havent watched CNN in the last 2 months dude.

bawomolo:

answer me now, what are the repercussions of gay marriage.

I already did . . . ur college brain just couldnt comprehend it.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by Nobody: 4:04am On May 31, 2009
bawomolo:

bros, what's the use of DADT.

The president, the senate, the house of reps, heads of the army are not asking such a stupid question. They know much more than you can ever know.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by Nobody: 4:07am On May 31, 2009
11 gay soldiers were dismissed under DADT in Jan 2009 . . . i thought these blowhards here knew that already.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by oyinda3(f): 4:08am On May 31, 2009
Yes segregation laws were once rules but it took a majority in the senate and house of reps to pass the civil rights bill into law. The people of California took the gay rights issue to the voters, the gay campaigners LOST. Rather than lash out in violence why dont they take the case to the legislature like other states have done?

WOW this coming from a black person. what a shame  undecided
you better repent before you become one of those old men in the south confessing and asking for forgiveness for being KKK members in their youth. lol
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by bawomolo(m): 4:09am On May 31, 2009
There are several other rules like that in the army . . . i dont hear you whine about them.

of course, i bet rule abiders like you would have been whining when the marines didn't allow blacks and the army was against integration.

Yes segregation laws were once rules but it took a majority in the senate and house of reps to pass the civil rights bill into law.

segregation laws like the ones against bus rides were struck down by the courts before lyndon johnson passed the civil rights bill.   Gay rights is inevitable, deal with it.

Rather than lash out in violence why dont they take the case to the legislature like other states have done?

umm laws can be challenged in the judiciary or legislative.  Why are you concerned with the approach they take?
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by bawomolo(m): 4:11am On May 31, 2009
The president, the senate, the house of reps, heads of the army are not asking such a stupid question. They know much more than you can ever know.

bros, what's the use of DADT is a simple question.   You know these rules are wrong but your blind hatred supports it.  This is similar to white men who watched while women and minorities were oppressed. pathetic.

what's the use of slavery? hey the presidents and other politicians support it, so it's cool
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by oyinda3(f): 4:11am On May 31, 2009

somebody asked you what the use of DADT is and this is your best reply?  
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by Nobody: 4:12am On May 31, 2009
oyinda.:

WOW this coming from a black person. what a shame  undecided
you better repent before you become one of those old men in the south confessing and asking for forgiveness for being KKK members in their youth. lol

I dont see any sense from your posts at all. you neither address the issues nor package your objections in coherent language. All i see is mindless emotionalism.

Yes there was a time blacks were marginalised in the US but it took a majority vote in the legislature to change that. That is what democracy is about . . . there was a time blacks could not marry whites . . . the issue was NOT settled on the streets and on blogs with mindless drivel, propaganda and violence . . . it was decided by a simple majority vote!

Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by Nobody: 4:13am On May 31, 2009
oyinda.:

somebody asked you what the use of DADT is and this is your best reply?  

Simply for 2 reasons:

1. The question to me is meaningless. Did i institute DADT in the army? He's in the US, why doesnt he forward his question to the secretary of defence? the US legislature obviously supports DADT . . . why dont you go ask them? you see army officers around you daily . . . there must be an army base in your town . . . hop over there and ask them.

2. Did you know about DADT BEFORE i brought it up here?

Ignorant loons.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by C2H5OH(f): 4:14am On May 31, 2009
lol don't mind bawo
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by Nobody: 4:15am On May 31, 2009
bawomolo:

of course, i bet rule abiders like you would have been whining when the marines didn't allow blacks and the army was against integration.

segregation laws like the ones against bus rides were struck down by the courts before lyndon johnson passed the civil rights bill.   Gay rights is inevitable, deal with it.

umm laws can be challenged in the judiciary or legislative.  Why are you concerned with the approach they take?

But this time the judiciary sided with the majority. why is it suddenly a problem?

Or you forgot that the judiciary can also make law?
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by Nobody: 4:16am On May 31, 2009
bawomolo:

bros, what's the use of DADT is a simple question.   You know these rules are wrong but your blind hatred supports it.  This is similar to white men who watched while women and minorities were oppressed. pathetic.

what's the use of slavery? hey the presidents and other politicians support it, so it's cool

Its a daft question. Did i institute DADT? Am i the secretary of defence?
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by bawomolo(m): 4:18am On May 31, 2009
2. Did you know about DADT BEFORE i brought it up here?

classic dawodu .

But this time the judiciary sided with the majority. why is it suddenly a problem?

plessy vs ferguson sided with the segregationists.  years later, brown vs the board of education favored the civil rights activists.

my point is you never quit trying if you feel what you are fighting for is right.  there is talk of another ballot in the future.

Or you forgot that the judiciary can also make law?

for your village?

Its a daft question. Did i institute DADT? Am i the secretary of defence?

translation: i got no answer but i would try to play neutral.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by Nobody: 4:20am On May 31, 2009
Only inferior black men and women blindly follow whites (who clearly don't care what happens to blacks anyway) in struggling desperately to equate homosexuality with civil rights.

Being gay is a private choice . . . being black is NOT.

But i can count on these fluffy sheeple not to understand the bigger picture.

the very whites whose "rights" they are campaigning are racist to them anyway. I wont be surprised if some members of stormfront are gay. Go ahead equating their "rights" to a sexual lifestyle to your own rights to be able to attend college with whites.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by oyinda3(f): 4:21am On May 31, 2009
davidylan:

I dont see any sense from your posts at all. you neither address the issues nor package your objections in coherent language. All i see is mindless emotionalism.

Yes there was a time blacks were marginalised in the US but it took a majority vote in the legislature to change that. That is what democracy is about . . . there was a time blacks could not marry whites . . . the issue was NOT settled on the streets and on blogs with mindless drivel, propaganda and violence . . . it was decided by a simple majority vote!

If my memory hasn't failed me yet, they are taking legal measures to pass the proposition again
or isn't that what C2 explained about the taxpayers?
I don't know where you get your violence from.

so you mean that if blacks at the time (GOD BLESS THEM) sat in their owners compound submissively and did nothing to fight for freedom , if they used their "blacks only" seats and agree to being kicked out of public places because of the color of their skin, do you think they will have a majority vote in the legislator?
What do people like MLK, Rosa Parks, and all civil rights activists of the time, Frederick Douglas mean to you  
the fact that people are voting in the first place is due to the gay initiative to create the proposition.

rights don't just come to you. you have to fight for it my dear. not sit and wait for a miraculous majority vote to come out of thin air. lol
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by Nobody: 4:23am On May 31, 2009
bawomolo:

plessy vs ferguson sided with the segregationists.  years later, brown vs the board of education favored the civil rights activists.

my point is you never quit trying if you feel what you are fighting for is right.  there is talk of another ballot in the future.

which is why i wonder why the gay movement isnt simply strategising to put the gay rights issue back on the ballot in 2010 instead of sending out empty heads like you to spread false propaganda on their behalf.

bawomolo:

for your village?

But you earlier said the judiciary can make law . . . abi?  shocked

bawomolo:

translation: i got no answer but i would try to play neutral.

Translation . . . i just come up with something stupid to make my self sound intelligent.

I may as well ask you what was the purpose of the rules on waterboarding under Bush.

I mean . . . some statements just make you question the intellect of the person asking.

Use of DADT in the army? Did i institute it?
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by C2H5OH(f): 4:24am On May 31, 2009
oyin, blacks were fighting for their right. homos are not.

difference is clear.
Re: California Backs Gay Marriage Ban by oyinda3(f): 4:25am On May 31, 2009
davidylan:

Only inferior black men and women blindly follow whites (who clearly don't care what happens to blacks anyway) in struggling desperately to equate homosexuality with civil rights.

Being gay is a private choice . . . being black is NOT.

you said ealier on that you've never personally met a gay person and that you don't care about them. so your above post holds no ground whatsoever.
If you've met a gay person, and are close friends with them, you will know that it's not a private choice and it's part of them.

I mean why would someone knowing all the discrimination they will face, choose to be gay.
even blacks at the time tried hard to pass for white at whatever opportunity they could (could be compared to remaining in the closet)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Japanese Are Getting Surgery To Look Like Donuts (pictures) / Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace / BREAKING! Yet Another Murder By Racist Cops In Amerika

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.