Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,217 members, 7,836,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

15 Wrong Reasons For Getting Married. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 15 Wrong Reasons For Getting Married. (1828 Views)

Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? / See The Wedding Photo That Has Gone Viral For All The Wrong Reasons / I Am Getting Married , Engagement Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Wrong Reasons For Getting Married. by prince123(m): 8:09am On Nov 29, 2015

1. Lust: Don’t get married out of lust for someone. Some people get married just to have a sexual partner.
2. Infatuation: Love at first sight. Sudden Love.
3. Liking the idea of marriage: I want to be called Mrs… I want to wear someone’s ring… I want to have a woman who’d hold my hand when I walk the streets. Exactly what this movie is about. Wake up!!!It's just like joining the Army because you like the uniform. Remember there is no guarantee you won't go to war.‎
4. The fear of remaining unmarried.. You’re not the first and won’t be the last unmarried person. Like one of the characters said, Mother Theresa was a single woman, did that stop her from touching the lives of so many others.
5. Pressure: Self explanatory.(Parents, Friends etc, you can see this a lot, at family/friends gathering and at work place)‎
6. Escaping from being jilted: Some people see marriage as victory over an unsuccessful relationship. Remember if it was meant to be, nothing would have separated u from this person
7. For money - Money does not guarantee the success of your marriage. It never guarantees happiness. However, this is not an excuse to go for someone with no ambitions/plans
8. Using marriage as an escape route: Some people are tired of living with their parents. Move out and pay your own bills, if you can’t stand them. Don’t get married just to get your parents/guardians out of the way.
9. Feeling sorry for someone: It is extremely important not to get married to anyone out of pity.
10. Foolish expectations - E.g. Getting married to a woman beater when you cannot stand the habit and hoping they will change during the course of marriage; getting married to a flirtatious man/woman and hoping they’d stick with you and you alone.
11. Physical attributes - Beauty will wear out someday and will be replaced by wrinkles. No one looks exactly the same after a couple of years
12. Accidental pregnancy - Falling pregnant for a man doesn’t mean you should subject yourself to spending the rest of your life with the wrong partner.
13. Tribal connection - Igbo marry Igbo, Yoruba marry Yoruba, These days, its now, you must marry from your state. Have you not seen people of the same tribe who have gotten divorced over simple differences? The fact that you hail from the same tribe or state as a person doesn’t guarantee that both of you will live together forever. Have a friend that told me, she's the best girl ever in my life, but she's not from my tribe. Like seriously.‎
14. Just to satisfy parents - Don’t marry your dad/mum’s friend’s son/daughter just to please them. They’ve rocked their own lives, live yours!!
15. Don’t get married with the intention of hurting someone else - parents/friends/siblings/ex-lovers, etc. You might end up being hurt and it’s a complete waste of your time and energy.‎‎

1 Like

Re: 15 Wrong Reasons For Getting Married. by chocolateme(f): 8:11am On Nov 29, 2015
So true and on point.
Re: 15 Wrong Reasons For Getting Married. by funnynation(m): 8:11am On Nov 29, 2015
These 15 reasons no go stop my love for ''Chocolateme''. Op make u write 15 reasons why why go marry, only den I wil take is seriox..
My signature.. FunnyNation-042
Re: 15 Wrong Reasons For Getting Married. by prince123(m): 8:15am On Nov 29, 2015
chocolateme:
True
I pray them hear ooo
Re: 15 Wrong Reasons For Getting Married. by prince123(m): 8:20am On Nov 29, 2015
funnynation:
These 15 reasons no go stop my love for ''Chocolateme''. Op make u write 15 reasons why why go marry, only den I wil take is seriox..
My signature.. FunnyNation-042
Give us 5 reasons why you love Choocolateme
Re: 15 Wrong Reasons For Getting Married. by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 29, 2015
Funny enough those are the reasons most people get married
Re: 15 Wrong Reasons For Getting Married. by funnynation(m): 8:38am On Nov 29, 2015
prince123:
Give us 5 reasons why you love Choocolateme
na u be her parents? Abi na u go be my best man?
Re: 15 Wrong Reasons For Getting Married. by prince123(m): 8:46am On Nov 29, 2015
funnynation:

na u be her parents? Abi na u go be my best man?
Quess you don't have reasons then.
Re: 15 Wrong Reasons For Getting Married. by funnynation(m): 8:48am On Nov 29, 2015
i will tell her d reasons only when she need it
prince123:
Quess you don't have reasons then.
Re: 15 Wrong Reasons For Getting Married. by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 29, 2015
Not to Follow these reasons ? Please what reason must we follow to marry . There is no relationship or marriage that doesn't fall to one of the reasons you mentioned.
Re: 15 Wrong Reasons For Getting Married. by prince123(m): 9:12am On Nov 29, 2015
elijah2u:
Not to Follow these reasons ? Please what reason must we follow to marry . There is no relationship or marriage that doesn't fall to one of the reasons you mentioned.
Follow the opposite

(1) (Reply)

. / Should You Maintain Contact With Your Ex? / Check It: Doing This To A Woman Can Ruin Her Sexual Urge And Sex Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.