Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Why Do Marriages Fail? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Marriages Fail? (6808 Views)

Revealed: 10 Avoidable Reasons Why MOST Marriages Fail... / Reasons Why Most Marriages Fail In Nigeria / Why Do Marriages Fail? What We Can Do To Keep Our Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by otukpo(f): 1:33pm On Aug 13, 2009
Lack of trust

Lack of good communication
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by otukpo(f): 1:35pm On Aug 13, 2009
Infidelity - when the man is more interested in tasting every other thing in skirt instead of putting his house in order

Selfishness - some pple enter into marriage just to get all they can get from the other
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by topkin(m): 1:36pm On Aug 13, 2009
Basically, i think it's the foundation dat matters!

Most pple get in2 marriage 4 d wrong reasons and end up breaking apart. When the foundation is well laid frm the onset. . . .  . there's nothing u cannot conquer.

Another issue is SELF DISCIPLINE, which most men, than women, lack!

lastly, dnt get married b/cos u think u love ur partner. . . .  BE SURE U LOVE HIM/HER!
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by otukpo(f): 1:41pm On Aug 13, 2009
Financial reasons - financial pressures can make a love once so sweet to turn sour. Love is not done on empty stomach.

Lack of commitment - care free attitude to ur partner
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by otukpo(f): 1:43pm On Aug 13, 2009
some pple enter into marriage for the wrong reasons (no love from the start)

Lack of respect for each other
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by azeeza(f): 2:12pm On Aug 13, 2009
many things.lack of trust especially lack of trust. cry
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by clemcykul(f): 2:18pm On Aug 13, 2009
a marriage will fail if the parties involved wants it to fail!

a marriage becomes what the parties invlved wants or envisions it to be.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by MrCrackles(m): 2:24pm On Aug 13, 2009
Topic
I dont know. . . .
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by flounder: 2:29pm On Aug 13, 2009
cos pple rush into it
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by barrybond: 2:37pm On Aug 13, 2009
Most marriages fail due to lack of understanding and communication and most importantly lack of compromise, there are times when one party just has to act the fool to let peace reign.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by kolaoloye(m): 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2009
Indiscipline and lack of commitments.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by babaogun(m): 3:00pm On Aug 13, 2009
otukpo:

Infidelity - when the man is more interested in tasting every other thing in skirt instead of putting his house in order

Selfishness - some pple enter into marriage just to get all they can get from the other

@Otukpo
Not only men are infidels. Women always make this mistake.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Nezan(m): 3:45pm On Aug 13, 2009
Go marry B4 u go begin ask dis question.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by preselect(m): 3:48pm On Aug 13, 2009
#1 culprit for failed marriages . . . feminism tongue
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by taymie78: 4:02pm On Aug 13, 2009
witches and wizard
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by chidyke77(m): 4:05pm On Aug 13, 2009
Some of the causes are as follows.-
1.unfaithfulness
2.dirty & laziness
3.nagging wife
4.talkative
5.lack of interest in love making.
6.not caring
7.A woman who does'nt cook well.
8.Arrogant & argumentative.
9.Unforgiven heart.
10.Fighting wife
11.Gossiping
12.A wife beater.
13.False accusation etc.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by otukpo(f): 4:08pm On Aug 13, 2009
babaogun:

@Otukpo
Not only men are infidels. Women always make this mistake.

I agree with u, but infidelity is more with the men. They dont see it as a big deal.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by paulanie: 4:20pm On Aug 13, 2009
lack of love
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by hackney(m): 4:22pm On Aug 13, 2009
taymie78:

witches and wizard

I go die oooo!!!!
my ribs don dislodge

where r u from?
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by taymie78: 4:30pm On Aug 13, 2009
Ur village grin shocked cool
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Oluschenco(m): 4:43pm On Aug 13, 2009
Marriages fail because
*2 wrongs do not make a right
* It's not easy for a goat and a Dog to sleep on the same bed
* When you rush into it, you rush out of it.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Oluschenco(m): 4:46pm On Aug 13, 2009
taymie78:

witches and wizard

You need deliverance, i guess u are one. (Iyawo so iwa nu oni ohun o ni ori oko)
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by mrperfect(m): 4:48pm On Aug 13, 2009
Marriage failed due to lack of understanding.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by aboveonly(m): 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2009
marriages fail for a lot of reasons.

1.the foundation of the marriage

2.the God factor,as in not involving Him from the onset.why?except the Lord builds the house the labourers labour but in vain(Ps.127:1)

3.Couples dont see marriage as a project that MUST not fail,hence you dont jump into it without counting the cost-if rush into it,you 'll rush out

4.Couples are not able to manage the good & bad times.

5.Lack of mutual respect

6.Financial differences

7.Sexual reasons/infidelity

8.Absence of patience

9.husband not ready to LOVE/wife not ready to submit

10.Spiritual reasons as in warfare(the spirit husband/spirit wife of which a lot of people are ignorant  of .check http:///nekko8 for more on this)

11.Unfriendly friends

12.In-law wahala

13.Prayerlessness

Addendum
:for singles:dont rush into marriage;seek proper counsel;be sure about whom you plan to marry;believe in God and commit your plans to Him;i believe all will be well.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by princekevo(m): 6:03pm On Aug 13, 2009
The simple reasons why many marriages fail is because it lacks foundation,
Also Marriage was meant to be between a man and a woman(Two Matured minds irrespective of age)and not betwen a boy and a girl(Imatured minds).
Today we see people jst getting married in the name of love without even knowing the foundamental principles of marriage, Wht it cost or takes to be married and stay married, It takes two matured mind of different personalities to stay and live together, As such many ends giving up when the true test of marriage apears, coz they believed in their mind that is gonna a bed of roses,
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Jenke: 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2009
I think marriage fail for so many reasons some that i can mentionare:
1 lack of commitment
2 infidelity
3 when a man looses his financial strength
4 disobidience to the right in personam,and right in rem in marriage.these are the rights of husband and wives have.
5 arrogancy of husbands as head of the family.
and so on as so forth.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by yuppydon(m): 6:52pm On Aug 13, 2009
lack of bedroom skills

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by funcy: 7:10pm On Aug 13, 2009
I think it is very simple if you in this aspect as in if u marry a wrong person the marriage has to hit a rock i bet it with you.But if you see GOD's face in knowing his will for your Life and you allow the love of GOD to be dwelling in your heart always and you extends it to your spouse i assure you your marriage will survive the failure.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by C2H5OH(f): 7:14pm On Aug 13, 2009
funcy:

I think it is very simple if you in this aspect as in if u marry a wrong person the marriage has to hit a rock i bet it with you.But if you see GOD's face in knowing his will for your Life and you allow the love of GOD to be dwelling in your heart always and you extends it to your spouse i assure you your marriage will survive the failure.
You would normally think you are married to the right person until the wahala begins.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Becomrich: 7:33pm On Aug 13, 2009
Marriage fail among nigerian become some people carry external family put for head. You have to focus on your on family. Which means you, your wife or husband and children.

If you carry your family in your head. your marriage would fail. And your children would suffer, while your sisters and brothers you are destroying your marriages over would have thier family together and thier would be making it. And enjoying yourself. And most time, 90% of the time, women who have second husband. Will have third husband. and even fourth husband.

It is an issue of character. The yorubas says Obiri sa wa nu, olowo olori oka. I woman throws away character, she says she bad lucky for men.

Another is getting married to a woman or man from a bad family. In yorubaland, you can see them. run. Women are reflection of thier family. men are not. a men can pick up bad character along the way.

lies,  when a person is a liar can you imagine to be married too a lair. liars about everything.

run away from 419 pastors. i know a pastor over here who is a liar and destroy your marry. do not put your marriage in the hands of your pastor. they do not pay your bill, they would not take care of your children. They too most of the time pay thier own bill thru you. and they sometime lie to make your remain in thier church to continue to collect money from you to keep thier self and take care of thier own family while they destroy yours.

Stay away from your brother or sister who want you to leave your husband or wife. That person is not a good person. may be of the same mother or father. But while she is trying to keep her home, she is looking for ways to destroy are own sisters home. you have to ask yourself the first question, why have she fail to get rig of her own husband. She is smarter than you fool. She only care for herself and if she has to use you and your children she would.

Be focus on you , your wife or husband and children. You see pastors , sister, brother they would never pay the  bill for your children. Go and ask pastor adeboye do you think my children name would be on his will, never.  No pastor adeboye would not pay for my children school. I take care of myself before i take of anything. Nigeria Pastor run alot of scam. if you doubt, I would send you to one over here. To ba gba, he is looking for mugu everywhere.  Even your sister would not include your children name in her will. She may help you break up your home. it is only because she want to use you.  the world is looking for mugu to pay thier bill. take care of your family first.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Happy Mothers' Day / My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? / PLEASE HELP!!! DONT LET MY SISTER IS DIE IN HOSPITAL (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.