Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Why Do Marriages Fail? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Marriages Fail? (6807 Views)

Revealed: 10 Avoidable Reasons Why MOST Marriages Fail... / Reasons Why Most Marriages Fail In Nigeria / Why Do Marriages Fail? What We Can Do To Keep Our Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by osasp(m): 10:09am On Aug 15, 2009
after eating the same rice over and over again
u no go tire? lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by na2day2(m): 10:15am On Aug 15, 2009
osasp:

after eating the same rice over and over again
u no go tire? lipsrsealed

huh! i thot rice na big man food
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by osasp(m): 10:20am On Aug 15, 2009
this woman
u don come again?
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by na2day2(m): 10:25am On Aug 15, 2009
osasp:

this woman
u don come again?

so u are female? shocked shocked shocked thnx for sharing tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by osasp(m): 10:34am On Aug 15, 2009
me??
woman??

ur mum knows better
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by na2day2(m): 10:36am On Aug 15, 2009
osasp:

me??
woman??

ur mum knows better

so does ur mom
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by osasp(m): 10:48am On Aug 15, 2009
na2day?:

so does ur mom

of course undecided . . .she birthed me
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by na2day2(m): 10:53am On Aug 15, 2009
osasp:

of course undecided . . .she birthed me

that is what she told u
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by osasp(m): 11:04am On Aug 15, 2009
i no blame u
dis ur period is worsening ur bipolar condition

mehn free this thread
you know where 2 get me if u wana talk
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by na2day2(m): 11:05am On Aug 15, 2009
osasp:

i no blame u
dis ur period is worsening ur bipolar condition

mehn free this thread
you know where 2 get me if u wana talk

ok, see u on the other side
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Theblessed(f): 3:56pm On Aug 15, 2009
[b]Alot of things can trigger it.  When you marry someone you're not in LOVE with - nothing they did would ever please you.  When there is little or no courtship in the process and you go ahead with the marriage and expect to fall in love afterwards once you start living together - Naaah, that's when all the worms in the CAN begins to show up THEN, you realized what hit you. 

Again and more importantly, when they start having affairs and they shout, shout and shout - Ino de enter ear instead them get more and more drunkenness/late night home comings and when they complain, them get verbal abuses and broken noses. Them go then, bigin withholding bedroom business, bigin stop cooking for am, bigin disrespecting as them no de get respect and dignity from the other side.  Then, them go bigin talk to mother, father and friends to compare notes - 3rd party don enter the marriage je je be that.  As 3rd party don enter, MARRIAGE don kpafuka.  So, don't complain when you bigin cheat and getting drunk every time and coming home in the small hours of the morning when you should be tucked in next to her abi, no be you be the MARRIED person  Wetin you de do outside at such an awkward time? Hmmmmmmm!!!  Watch your back, long term unhappiness might be knocking on your door when you cause it to end.  Always do the right thing and, DO NOT SAY I DID NOT WARN YOU!

Now you know, the one minutest reason it all can end up in TEARS, can you avoid it, please?
[/b]
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by pastor2009: 5:31pm On Aug 15, 2009
Marriage usually failed many reasons.And out of these reasons are:
1] When you neglected the author and owner of the marriage before and after you have gone into the ungraduated institution called marriage. And of curse, the author and the owner is God.

2] Lack of patient from both couples.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Seals(m): 6:07pm On Aug 15, 2009
lack of understanding cool
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by sweetpie23: 1:40pm On Aug 16, 2009
lack of negotiation
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by charles316: 11:20am On Aug 17, 2009
surprised u guysc are asking why marriages fail,

with the kind of girls we have who want perfect men even though they are not perfect themselves.they go abt reading and dreaming of what is not realistic.
Fhemmmy:

Experience is the best teacher

by experience u mean being bleeped by several guys.that is what kills marriages
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Fammie(f): 5:13pm On Aug 17, 2009
I am not saying that I'm a victim or doing what is right. If the couples allow 3rd party into marriage, such marriage can hit the rock within a minute.

Thanks
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Camergirl: 7:03pm On Aug 17, 2009
Theblessed:

[b]  Again and more importantly, when they start having affairs and they shout, shout and shout - Ino de enter ear instead them get more and more drunkenness/late night home comings and when they complain, them get verbal abuses and broken noses. Them go then, bigin withholding bedroom business, bigin stop cooking for am, bigin disrespecting as them no de get respect and dignity from the other side.  Then, them go bigin talk to mother, father and friends to compare notes - 3rd party don enter the marriage je je be that.  As 3rd party don enter, MARRIAGE don kpafuka.  So, don't complain when you bigin cheat and getting drunk every time and coming home in the small hours of the morning when you should be tucked in next to her abi, no be you be the MARRIED person  Wetin you de do outside at such an awkward time? Hmmmmmmm!!!  Watch your back, long term unhappiness might be knocking on your door when you cause it to end.  Always do the right thing and, DO NOT SAY I DID NOT WARN YOU!

Now you know, the one minutest reason it all can end up in TEARS, can you avoid it, please?
[/b]

Na so i de sista. cheesy Way you de tok di truth so, cheating husbands them go deny it soteee.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by jaanubaby: 9:12am On Aug 18, 2009
They fail if either partner is too obsessive or possessive and too clingy and needy of the other. Most often a marriage results in partners thinking they now OWN the other and the controlling nature takes over. Each partner now feels the other Owes them. They fight for control and who is Right and who is Wrong is the Main Focus of the relationship. One partner will throw a tantrum if he/she dont get their Own way. All this right at the beginning of the marriage is the start of death of luv leading to eventual divorce.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 18, 2009
if you read my post for today you will see one of the major reason why marriages fail--ignorance.
see more in www.gethimbacktips..com
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by charles316: 3:55pm On Aug 18, 2009
with d kind of girls we have,marriages cant last
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Fhemmmy: 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2009
charles316:

with d kind of girls we have,marriages cant last

And it can last with the kinda of men that beats their wives, and screw anything in skirts, with men that dont care abt the feelings of the wife, or the man that cant even make good man at home/
It is time we stop blaming the women for all things, we men are just as guilty
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by AMOR10(f): 5:45pm On Aug 18, 2009
i think in a marriage one needs love{lots of patience,and the whole definition, according to Corinthians}there are so many reasons y marriages don't last.there is boredom,{ initially one is all lovely dovey and then like years later after like 4 children with a big tommy and all the guys see finer younger women who will obviously like him if he's rich or he doesn't even have to be. he finds his wife less attractive might cheat one her}. there is mid life crisis {wen a woman feels less attractive and might sleep with any guy dat makes her feel attractive}, there is menopause wen we dont have any drive to have sex and the guys want it. so many things little or big that can make a marriage fail. it takes two very forgiving people to stay in a marriage and God
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Fhemmmy: 5:54pm On Aug 18, 2009
well said
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by AMOR10(f): 6:00pm On Aug 18, 2009
i think in a marriage one needs love{lots of patience,and the whole definition, according to Corinthians}there are so many reasons y marriages don't last.there is boredom,{ initially one is all lovely dovey and then like years later after like 4 children with a big tommy and all the guys see finer younger women who will obviously like him if he's rich or he doesn't even have to be. he finds his wife less attractive might cheat one her}. there is mid life crisis {wen a woman feels less attractive and might sleep with any guy dat makes her feel attractive}, there is menopause wen we dont have any drive to have sex and the guys want it. so many things little or big that can make a marriage fail. it takes two very forgiving people to stay in a marriage and God
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by naylove(m): 7:37pm On Aug 19, 2009
most marriages fail in my opinion for the simple reason that buildings collapse whn foundations are laid thout consideration of the type of structure to be put on it.
for as long as we think that marriages can only be in a particular way. then i guess we can continue to see decline in marriage.

but then gain i just might not be qualified as i aint married. am waiting for the pope to vacate the vatican
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by naylove(m): 7:40pm On Aug 19, 2009
most marriages fail in my opinion for the simple reason that buildings collapse whn foundations are laid thout consideration of the type of structure to be put on it.
for as long as we think that marriages can only be in a particular way. then i guess we can continue to see decline in marriage.

but then gain i just might not be qualified as  i aint married. am waiting for the pope to vacate the vatican
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by D1KeleVra(m): 9:47pm On Aug 19, 2009
Marriages fail because the man likes small small girls
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by donald15: 7:40am On Aug 20, 2009
Most Marriage fails, because they are build on worldly things and not true LOVE grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Fhemmmy: 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2009
donald15:

Most Marriage fails, because they are build on worldly things and not true LOVE grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked

So now, we have to make sure start to build on heavenly rock
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Tanzos: 4:28am On Oct 04, 2009
Marriage shouldnt be about loving the perfect person, but about loving the imperfect person perfectly.
Ive heard it all from you need to pray (yet some people who do still end up with broken marriages)-not that i dont believe in prayers but i hate it when people overlook both the Quran & the bibles view on personal input for anything to work.

Then one of my favorites lately, make sure youre both of the same religion like any one of them had a hand in their religions before they were born, lets face it sincerely if our parents were of the other religion honestly what would your religion be?The trip about it is people now make it seem marrying of the same religion is 100% guarantee there can never be a divorce, yeah right!
Muslims marry Muslims &sometimes divorce
Christians marry Christians &sometimes divorce
christians marry muslims &sometimes they divorce

, i really dont think the religion guarantees this, or the tribe (especially this one, its such primitive thinking the senate ought to outlaw it!)

Seen loads of comments especially here on NL that can only leave me wondering, the very same reasons marriages have issues evidently boil down to why we as a country cant move forward.

i have a friend whose father wont allow her marry the boy she loves cos theyre of different tribes, then i also have another friend whose dad says the boy she wants to marry are from the same town and he thinks the closeness of both families is too much! undecided

Seriously, its sickening sometimes.

You want to make it work? Theres no hard &fast rule but it pays if you do marry your friend in the true meaning of the word (&be a friend also to this person), someone youre comfortable with, someone you love.someone once said Its true
love doesnt make the world go round but it makes the trip worthwhile.

&please please please know what you want for yourself not what your friends or family want for you cos ultimately its your marriage, then dont go in thinking you can change certain things about the person, its a complete package, the good, the bad & the ugly.
Learning to accept and balance these things within yourself, &no grudges always let bygones be bygones, then plenty plenty talk between yourselves.
it doesnt always have to be about anything but evidently this should create an absolute dependence on each other, which im thinking the whole marriage thing is all about.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by nose: 12:47pm On Oct 05, 2009
I must say that about 70% of what you guys have said about why marriages fail are correct. But let me put it this way that marriages will always fail if the partners fail to define what they want for themselves in the relationship. When couples decide and settle it in their mind that the relationship will work and resolve to make it succeed, then it will.
The success of any relationship is in the mind of the couples to work at it and be committed to it with a 100% commitment concept and the give and take concept. When couples decide to do what the other partner wants and forgo what the other does not want, i believe the marriage will be happier for it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Happy Mothers' Day / My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? / PLEASE HELP!!! DONT LET MY SISTER IS DIE IN HOSPITAL (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.