Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Why Do Marriages Fail? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Marriages Fail? (6825 Views)

Revealed: 10 Avoidable Reasons Why MOST Marriages Fail... / Reasons Why Most Marriages Fail In Nigeria / Why Do Marriages Fail? What We Can Do To Keep Our Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by rasputinn(m): 8:03pm On Aug 13, 2009
aboveonly:

marriages fail for a lot of reasons.

1.the foundation of the marriage

2.the God factor,as in not involving Him from the onset.why?except the Lord builds the house the labourers labour but in vain(Ps.127:1)

3.Couples dont see marriage as a project that MUST not fail,hence you dont jump into it without counting the cost-if rush into it,you 'll rush out

4.Couples are not able to manage the good & bad times.

5.Lack of mutual respect

6.Financial differences

7.Sexual reasons/infidelity

8.Absence of patience

9.husband not ready to LOVE/wife not ready to submit

10.Spiritual reasons as in warfare(the spirit husband/spirit wife of which a lot of people are ignorant of .check http://nairaland.com/nekko8 for more on this)

11.Unfriendly friends

12.In-law wahala

13.Prayerlessness

Addendum
:for singles:dont rush into marriage;seek proper counsel;be sure about whom you plan to marry;believe in God and commit your plans to Him;i believe all will be well.

You've said it all,but no 4 could be modified to also read a lack of willingness by couples to make the marriage work,NO MATTER WHAT
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by sosisi(f): 8:44pm On Aug 13, 2009
financial problems
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Treetop20(m): 8:52pm On Aug 13, 2009
most times people know when they are making a mistake
but they go into it thinking things will get better with time
but it actually gets worse
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by drharry: 8:59pm On Aug 13, 2009
, Hmmmm, there are 1001 reasons, but in most cases its as a result of marrying the wrong person, undecided undecided undecided
Many mistake Love for admiration, lust , respect obligation etc . A marriage of two compatible people founded on TRUE LOVE never fails.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by kshow1(m): 9:08pm On Aug 13, 2009
When reality finally dawns on the couples grin
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by skyone(m): 9:12pm On Aug 13, 2009
Because people put God last in their marriage and other reason like hell women who can nag u 2 death.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Fhemmmy: 9:16pm On Aug 13, 2009
skyone:

Because people put God last in their marriage and other reason like hell women who can nag u 2 death.

how abt a man that refuses to be a man in the home.
how about a man not being real?
how about a man not loving the woman the way he ought to be and the way God has told us to, cos if we do, nothing the woman does will make us allow the marriage to fall thru the crack and become and statistics
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by cooljade(f): 11:39pm On Aug 13, 2009
marriages fail because people change and change is the only constant thing in like , so tongue
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by cooljade(f): 11:39pm On Aug 13, 2009
marriages fail because people change and change is the only constant thing in life , so  tongue
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by na2day2(m): 12:16am On Aug 14, 2009
slap1:

i've asked myself this question several times and the reason i decided to ask it here is i don't see my marriage failing though i'm not married yet. do you think i shud wait and see? but, seriously, why do u think some marriages fail? cool

simple, bcuz women are involved in it, spoilers! angry angry angry

angelgirl1:

It is a good thing that they fail, hmmph! I think most people marry not for love and that is a real drag,

right on the money! wink wink
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by 3spade3(m): 12:17am On Aug 14, 2009
Nigga's aint keepin their hoes in line. Rememba, a bitch is like a hammer. Sometime you gotta bang it and put that thang down. Ya Digg!!!
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 14, 2009
marriages fail because people forget it takes hardwork to keep it.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by D1KeleVra(m): 12:26am On Aug 14, 2009
@Topic
Marriages fail because the hubby squeezes the toothpaste tube from the bottom and the wifey squeezes from the top. . .  grin  tongue
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by oln: 12:43am On Aug 14, 2009
Taymie78' THE WITCHES AND WIZARD GUY "IS A CLOWN.I THINK U SHLD JOIN BASKETMOUTH,ALIBABA AND THE OTHERS AND STOP WASTING UR TALENT
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by adebanjou: 1:10am On Aug 14, 2009
marriage fail for many reason, most time is the way a woman take her home. a man must put his wife above everything and a woman must put his husband over everything. if you put other thing above your partner, you have failed marriage.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by nj11(f): 3:40am On Aug 14, 2009
2 Topic,

Lack of communication. It's very important in any relationship.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by remoranger(m): 10:14am On Aug 14, 2009
Economic Hardship embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by GEW: 11:11am On Aug 14, 2009
davidylan:

marriages fail because people forget it takes hardwork to keep it.
this na my david. you get sense no be small. make u no marry yeye girl o becos your head na big one.

i think most people forget what marriage is al;l about and some tell lies that cant easily be ignored.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by boobzy: 11:37am On Aug 14, 2009
Marriages fail cos both parties stop being patient, tolerant and accomodating!! At the time of courtship, both parties were willing to do almost anything for each other but after a while they begin to take each other for granted. Though I strongly believe to a very large extent that the success or failure of a marriage, lies in the hands of the woman.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by GEW: 11:48am On Aug 14, 2009
boobzy:

Marriages fail cos both parties stop being patient, tolerant and accomodating!! At the time of courtship, both parties were willing to do almost anything for each other but after a while they begin to take each other for granted. Though I strongly believe to a very large extent that the success or failure of a marriage, lies in the hands of the woman.
NL femi nazis are going to be up in arms very soon but that is fact no man is big enough to destroy a marriage a woman sets out to build. like chaircover said yesterday if most women understand a man it is posible to eat out of your hands
A wise woman builds her home, but a foolish woman tears it down with her own hands. Proverbs 14:1 (NLV)
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 14, 2009
THANKS ALL FOR ALL YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS. I AM WRITING A BOOK ON "ETERNAL MARRIAGE" I guess I have got really good materials from your responses!
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by ud4u: 1:13pm On Aug 14, 2009
Among the reasons are:

1. Lack of companionship

2. Lack of commitment

3. Sex denial

4. Lack of communication- may be to settle defferences or to let go

5. Infidelity

6. Lack of trust

7. Lack of compromise

8. Love of money- in the sense that if money finishes, love disappears

There are lots and lots but to mention but a few.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Tanddy: 1:35pm On Aug 14, 2009
Marriage failed based on diffferent reasons, such as

* Financial Melt down
* Lack of Trust
* Lack of Understanding & Communications
* Lack of Love & Committment
* Sex Satification
* Family Background
* Immaturity - Sense of Responsibilities
* Wrong Reasons - Age, Peer Pressure groups, family pressure etc
* Not following the God's Manual - The Bible

I have difference story of why Marriage faled such as
- Because of Close Up
- Who to do a Job
- Mother-In-Laws Talk
- Wife/Husband Jobs
- Who feed/take care of the family (Children)
And so on.

The questions, You and ur spouse is the best person who can make things work and set a good FOUNDATION on how you want your family to runs. If there is any problem, just sit down and settle it among 2 of U only without outsider.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Fiona0007: 1:53pm On Aug 14, 2009
@topic
People do not stop growing up until they get really old and incapable of doing so. In the process of growing up, their vision, taste, thinking and principles also change with time. It can become a problem when two people live together but grow up in a different direction and the marriage fall apart because of too many differences. I think, in marriage two should work hard to remain on the same course and the bond becomes invariably stronger.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Naphysate(f): 3:51pm On Aug 14, 2009
there are many reasons for marriage failure,
firstly, both men and women as face with three things with are LOVE, LUST and LIES.many men does n't know the difference btw love and lust.
what is lust itself? these are caused by ladies themseves,when they appear too attractive,by their dressing and so on.
And when getting married to such a lady,such marriage will later turn into a marriage without foundation and later collapse.
What is love itself too?
true love stand the test of time,if the felling for the opposite sex is love and not lust,if such a relationship end in marriage, they will surely have an happy home.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Fhemmmy: 4:05pm On Aug 14, 2009
cooljade:

marriages fail because people change and change is the only constant thing in like , so tongue

Changes ko, changes ni.
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Fammie(f): 6:42pm On Aug 14, 2009
A lot of factors can cause marriage failures, especially the bad in-laws,
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Fhemmmy: 6:44pm On Aug 14, 2009
Fammie:

if a marriage fails cos of bad in laws, that means the couples were never a couple, cos you both ought to love one another and damn the others
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Camergirl: 7:02pm On Aug 14, 2009
Interesting! I can read a lot of experienced people. grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Fhemmmy: 8:43pm On Aug 14, 2009
Camer_girl:

Interesting! I can read a lot of experienced people. grin cheesy grin

Experience is the best teacher
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by na2day2(m): 9:22pm On Aug 14, 2009
Fammie:

let me guess, this is the part where u are the victim and u are the only one that does the right thing, right?
Re: Why Do Marriages Fail? by Fhemmmy: 9:28pm On Aug 14, 2009
yayayayayayaya.
that is a funny one
na2day?:

let me guess, this is the part where u are the victim and u are the only one that does the right thing, right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Want To Be A Surrogate Mother / Ladies If You Saw A Co Worker Or Stranger With His Fly Open,will You Tell Him? / Which Stands Better In Marriage, Love Or Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.