Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Faleke, Audu Drag APC To Court, As Party Confirms Yahaya Bello - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Faleke, Audu Drag APC To Court, As Party Confirms Yahaya Bello (31582 Views)

PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election / Aderemi Olusegun ‘takes Over’ PDP, As Party Chieftains Escape Mob Attack / INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faleke, Audu Drag APC To Court, As Party Confirms Yahaya Bello by durasome(m): 7:42am On Dec 01, 2015
JumiR:
By KIKELOMO IWAJOMO

Following the confirmation of Yahaya Bello(Fairplus) as replacement for late Prince Abubakar Audu as the Kogi APC guber candidate, Audu's running mate Hon. Abiodun Faleke has dragged the All Progressives Congress(APC). Faleke made this known via his Twitter account earlier: "APC maintained their stance in substituting my late principal with Yahaya Bello but I've made it clear to them that I will not be part of it.Since the party has said they will not change their stance, I have decided to protect the mandate given to Audu/Faleke in court.I will not be participating in the supplementary election because am already the governor elect. Therefore the party can't pair me with Bello. Am not alone in this decision, it's a collective stance between myself, Muhammed Audu & the entire Audu/Faleke Team." In a related development, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has received the request by APC to replace the late Abubakar Audu’s name with that of Yahaya Bello for the December 5 supplementary governorship election in Kogi State.

http://dawntodusknews.com/kogi-2015-faleke-drags-apc-to-court-as-party-confirms-yahaya-bello/
[color=#990000][quote author=JumiR post=40555804]By KIKELOMO IWAJOMO

that is injustice to me by the party. whatever vote late audu polled he did so with his running mate,and now that he is no more I think the next person to lay claim to those vote should be faleke.

1 Like

Re: Faleke, Audu Drag APC To Court, As Party Confirms Yahaya Bello by Realisticman: 7:59am On Dec 01, 2015
Augustbreak:
Where is the home of boko boys in kogi state?
That is not the bone of contention here. We are talking of intra-tribal hiccup.
Boko haram is a religious issue that can prop up from any tribe. Even at that,the locals have being very corporative to the security agencies on how to curb such menace.
Re: Faleke, Audu Drag APC To Court, As Party Confirms Yahaya Bello by JohnReese: 8:01am On Dec 01, 2015
Don't mind him! How can u come from lagos and be claiming don in kogi? Tinubu want more state control but he lost dis tym in kogi
MissBiba:
Let him go and die 4 ol I care
Re: Faleke, Audu Drag APC To Court, As Party Confirms Yahaya Bello by JohnReese: 8:04am On Dec 01, 2015
U go skool at all? Don't u know dere is something called constitution? Abi na akara skool u go? Faleke wld ve qualified and be fielded if he had done primaries. But as it stands now he's not qualified oga ade
durasome:
[color=#990000]
Re: Faleke, Audu Drag APC To Court, As Party Confirms Yahaya Bello by JohnReese: 8:05am On Dec 01, 2015
I use to think he was a gentle man, never knew he's got some agbero blood in him
mbulela:
This man is a t.wat.
How do you become a governor-elect for an inconclusive election?
So it is now a candidate that chooses his deputy? No longer the party?
The man is utterly deluded.
Re: Faleke, Audu Drag APC To Court, As Party Confirms Yahaya Bello by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 01, 2015
Realisticman:

That is not the bone of contention here. We are talking of intra-tribal hiccup.
Boko haram is a religious issue that can prop up from any tribe. Even at that,the locals have being very corporative to the security agencies on how to curb such menace.
we are watching.Ebiras that fights themselves daily because of politics even Local Government election or Chieftancy titles is now claiming the most peaceful.I hope his own very kinsmen will not be his on doing.
Re: Faleke, Audu Drag APC To Court, As Party Confirms Yahaya Bello by fm4real2k6(m): 8:13am On Dec 01, 2015
raumdeuter:
Looks like APC would use Yahaya Bello to win the election and Faleke would win in the court

Just like Amaechi did

Your comment is the most reasonable I have read here. I tell you that is what will happen.
Re: Faleke, Audu Drag APC To Court, As Party Confirms Yahaya Bello by iamauxin(m): 8:25am On Dec 01, 2015
adaweezy:
Oga it is the Electoral act that gives Bello Leverage.....
please tell me how...
Re: Faleke, Audu Drag APC To Court, As Party Confirms Yahaya Bello by Lawsteller: 9:08am On Dec 01, 2015
I think some people need enlightenment about this issue: Electoral Law does not permit any candidate who did not participate in electoral processes- Nomination and Primary/Shadow Election which Faleke never too part. If Apc Upgrades Faleke, Wada & PDP will contest it in court and win. That is where the situation has led to. So ur arguement should be objective and not subjective.

2 Likes

Re: Faleke, Audu Drag APC To Court, As Party Confirms Yahaya Bello by Lawsteller: 9:17am On Dec 01, 2015
iamauxin:
please tell me how...
Reasons: 1. In d eyes of law, votes belong to party, not candidates. Thats why u see party's logo and not picture of the flagbearer on the ballot.
2. Bello participated in the primaries and came 2nd, Faleke did not.
Re: Faleke, Audu Drag APC To Court, As Party Confirms Yahaya Bello by Lawsteller: 9:29am On Dec 01, 2015
fm4real2k6:

Your comment is the most reasonable I have read here. I tell you that is what will happen.
Absolutely unreasonable comment! U people are just talking for talking sake. When it is time u will realize that Faleke cannot be d Gov. since d election was inconclusive. He cannot win in court! If Audu had been declared winner, automatically he steps in as Gov-elect. So, He should just respect his party's decision and wait for his time. If God wishes, he would be Gov one day.
Re: Faleke, Audu Drag APC To Court, As Party Confirms Yahaya Bello by adeoba2008(m): 10:00am On Dec 01, 2015
This is APC super story.
Re: Faleke, Audu Drag APC To Court, As Party Confirms Yahaya Bello by gebest: 10:08am On Dec 01, 2015
youngwarlocks:

faleke is not even a deputy, he was a running mate
gbam
Re: Faleke, Audu Drag APC To Court, As Party Confirms Yahaya Bello by comos: 10:47am On Dec 01, 2015
of course the party cannot "PIE" you with Bello Yahaya.
Yahaya should look for another Deputy to pair with.
Re: Faleke, Audu Drag APC To Court, As Party Confirms Yahaya Bello by 9jatriot(m): 11:10am On Dec 01, 2015
From what I can gather from all of these debacle, APC is trying not to play into the hands of PDP when they contest the election. You recall they initially said they would conduct another primary, PDP would have easily challenge conducting another primary in the middle of an election and rendered it invalid. Next option was to choose Faleke and upgrade him to governorship candidate, but the taraba tribunal judgment against PDP is still fresh. You can not b a contestant without going through primaries, Faleke did not go through primaries. APC's hands are therefore tied to projecting the runners up in the primaries even though they suspect that he was involved in anti party activities. Faleke can only win against INEC by saying that INEC had no right to declare an already concluded election inconclusive but not against his party who had to act in the best interest of the party considering that PDP are just lurking around waiting for a misstep.

Lawsteller:
I think some people need enlightenment about this issue: Electoral Law does not permit any candidate who did not participate in electoral processes- Nomination and Primary/Shadow Election which Faleke never too part. If Apc Upgrades Faleke, Wada & PDP will contest it in court and win. That is where the situation has led to. So ur arguement should be objective and not subjective.
Re: Faleke, Audu Drag APC To Court, As Party Confirms Yahaya Bello by iamauxin(m): 12:33pm On Dec 01, 2015
Lawsteller:
Reasons: 1. In d eyes of law, votes belong to party, not candidates. Thats why u see party's logo and not picture of the flagbearer on the ballot.
2. Bello participated in the primaries and came 2nd, Faleke did not.
I'm sure you don't know that a person who didn't take part in an election cannot on the current Electoral Act be declared winner by the court....we are talking about an election that has almost been done ....i repeat again, Amaechi's situation n luck is not applicable in this current electoral dispensation...
Intra-party disputes cannot halt d substantive election...the masses voted for Audu n Faleke....and about 90% percent of d entire voting process has being conducted.
Re: Faleke, Audu Drag APC To Court, As Party Confirms Yahaya Bello by danny56: 1:00pm On Dec 01, 2015
Realisticman:

... And all 'bias' comments supporting Falake are from the yorubas. We all a guilty of tribal politics, so no body should accuse anyone unjustly!

I am not a Yoruba man either...am only standing on a neutral ground to say the truth.
Re: Faleke, Audu Drag APC To Court, As Party Confirms Yahaya Bello by jamace(m): 6:37pm On Dec 02, 2015
Lawsteller:
Electoral law was fulfilled before the commencement of the election. Both the constitution and electoral laws have no answer to the present situation in which election has reached 90% conclusion before the unfortunate incident. Therefore, there is nothing wrong in Faleke taking the position of his buddy in this circumstance of force majeure. Bello who did the primary can be Faleke's running mate in this present circumstance. It can be argued comfortably in court.
Re: Faleke, Audu Drag APC To Court, As Party Confirms Yahaya Bello by adaweezy(m): 7:53am On Dec 05, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Northern Governors Wives Visit Aisha Buhari (Photos) / Where Is Rotimi Amaechi? / Osun Governorship Election: Ademola Adeleke Leads With 51% In Twitter Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.