Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,796 members, 7,813,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 (17632 Views)

Poll: Who do you think will win the Gulder Ultimate Search 6?

ELVIS ABOGU: 6% (3 votes)
VIVIAN OKAFOR: 22% (10 votes)
MELVIN ODUAH: 31% (14 votes)
CHISOM EGEMASI: 8% (4 votes)
UCHE NWAEZEAKPU: 13% (6 votes)
CHUKS OKORJI: 17% (8 votes)
OSEYIOMON OKOH: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Chidi Mokeme Returns As Host Of Gulder Ultimate Search 10 / Big Brother Amplified (The Official Thread of BBA 6) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 by Hanoobaba(m): 10:05pm On Aug 07, 2009
And he wins, and Melvin was so downcast. Poor dude
Re: Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 by tunnex190: 12:15am On Aug 08, 2009
Finally, he won! I'm happy for him
Re: Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 by ginky: 7:57am On Aug 08, 2009
I don't really understand what is going on.I've started to be suspicious.Why was Vivien crying even before the task?How come Chisom referred to the show as a "film" in yesterday's episode.
Uche was actually waiting to hear Melvin's opinion.Infact,yesterday,when they were given the riddle,it was Melvin that got it.
Did you remember when it was chisoms bday and she was giving people water and the people who refused to take it,she said would be evicted before her and it actually happened.

I have always been arguing with people that GUS is not an act but I have started to have second thoughts.
Re: Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 by Hanoobaba(m): 11:12am On Aug 08, 2009
@ginky. Your imagination is hyperactive. I didn't notice most of the things you pointed out but I paid utmost attention during the last episode and i'm sure that Melvin didn't solve all the riddles. Melvin said the answer to the third riddle was life but Uche said it was air(which is correct). Even if there is foulplay at least they are still still going to give all the participant something and someone is going away with the SUV and the 7miller. And that person is neither you nor me. So what is our stress self. Abeg
Re: Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 08, 2009
Ladies & Gentlemen. . . . . And the winner Gulder Ultimate Search 6
**Standing Ovasion**
UCHE NWAZEAKPU
Re: Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 by WarfyBoy(m): 6:27pm On Aug 08, 2009
I AM REALLY HAPPY UCHE, MELVIN WAS THE FAV, BUT I ALWAYS HAVE THE FEELIN THAT HIS SHORT SIGHTEDNESS WILL COST HIM THE CROWN,

UCHE, GOOD LUCK
Re: Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 by ginky: 7:15pm On Aug 08, 2009
@Hanoobaba

Please,am not saying that they are all acting,I said "I am having second thoughts'.
Because you did not notice what I pointed out, does not mean am having a hyperactive imagination.

Did you actually read my previous post very well?I said yesterday.Wasn't it Melvin that said the answer to the riddle is "fire" which it was.In all the riddles given to the contestants as tasks,Melvin got the answer before Uche so don't go there.

See Hanoobaba,I have always liked GUS right from the very beginning (I have also watched all the seasons though not as well as GUS 4,5 and 6)and I would not write something bad about it if I did not watch carefully.
I stand to be corrected but am happy for Uche sha.
Re: Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 by ObamaUS: 10:27am On Aug 09, 2009
GUS na nollywood, I believe the organisers have favorites and sit down to decide who the winners will be.Why should they evict ELVIS based on the performance of two pple? why didn't they pair OSEYI and UCHE together because they know that OSEYI is weak? why was WALE evicted based on lost tortem and they didn't even tell him he could appoint someone else to keep the tortem,and later told VIVIAN that she could appoint someone?

ABEEGI, THE SHOW NA REAL NOLLYWOOD AND IT'S A SHOW OF SHAME, COMPLETE WASTE OF RESOURCES
Re: Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 by Abuzola(m): 6:33pm On Aug 09, 2009
Seconded.
Re: Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 by potatooo: 8:19pm On Aug 09, 2009
I agree jare, The people to be evicted have been decided even before their evictiion. Anyway na them sabi. grin
Re: Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 by soloqy: 10:29pm On Aug 09, 2009
And its a bad nollywood movie with terrible script. embarassed
Re: Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 by chrisical(m): 11:37am On Aug 10, 2009
Nollywood or hollywood,Uche has deservedly won.
Re: Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 by abeleon(m): 1:56pm On Aug 10, 2009
nope. i don't agree that ''uche deservedly won''.

have you seen survivors (the original show they are trying to copy)? GUS na acting, i beg,

anyway, wetin the other contestants go get?
Re: Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 by obinna5000(m): 2:16pm On Aug 10, 2009
@abeleon

The prize for the last girl standing is 1million Naira.
The 1st person to be evicted (Ada) gets N450,000
The 2nd person ' ' ' ' -5OO,000
It 3rd person to be evicted gets an additional 50,000
It goes like this until it is remaining 3 contestants.

The 3rd(2nd runner up) gets 1.5 million.
The 2nd(1st runner up) gets 2.5million
The winner goes home with N7million,A sport Utility Van(SUV) and N500,000 wardrobe allowance.
Re: Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 by Johnnny(m): 3:49pm On Aug 10, 2009
As far as I am concerned, GUS 6 had been decided even before it started.

I will base my observation on the last task that lead to the winning.

In all competition I have seen and watched, the task is a mockery of the highest level. Who would GUS ask two competitors to take the same route to the hills of heaven while placing clues along the route which will guide them there.

If they want us to believe that they are transparent. They should have created two separate routes having same clues and leading to the same place, let each search for his own clues and decipher its meaning alone. Then whoever get to the Hill of Heaven first should start searching for the horn immediately without waiting for his competitor (instead of making them partners on one route). angry angry angry

It would not surprise me if we later got to know that someone pointed to Uche the direction he should search.
(I suspect the Camera man - just joking grin grin grin)
Re: Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 by abeleon(m): 8:51am On Aug 11, 2009
guy, i dey feel you on that pointing in the right direction thingee, if you notice, just b4 "finding" the horn, he suddenly looked up, then looked back and ran straight to that particular spot and the next thing, vlam! he pulled it out screaming i found something, hmm, shocked

then while he was walking away, someone told him "hold it up" or something like that, then he raised the horn as he walked away, that same person could have pointed him in the direction to run to, bacause logically, chances are they might have never found it in that large expanse,

then how come they just find clues? they just know where to look, and finally who stole the totem if not one of the organizer (or even bob manuel himself grin grin grin), just so they can chase wale away,

i submit my lord, GUS na nollywood!
Re: Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 by chrisical(m): 11:53am On Aug 11, 2009
The ''stealling" of the totem is the most bizzare story of the show.Wale said he placed it at a particular spot and then it got lost unimaginably.Certainly none of the contestants could have done that.The organizers were responsible for it.Now wheather it was done to witchhunt Wale is another question.
Re: Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 by lysaa(f): 3:49pm On Aug 14, 2009
Guys, if GUS is actually written down scripts like some of u are begining to think, what about the life that was lost in some season(s) ago? na chinese film be that? pls rethink. I guess it just time and chance happening to the winners. There were cases that our favorites didn't win while some could be clearly seen from the begining tho by guessing too. The person i still think was treated unfairly thru the seasons remains vaughn in 2nd or 3rd season (my mind slips me again. . na old age tongue). Yeah he was arrogant and even we the viewers didn't like his intimidating style but he had the strength and will power to forge on. . but his eviction was like 'death'. After then up until this last one and b4 that, no one was evicted like that. Me thinks GUS is just as it is - a game.
Re: Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 by lysaa(f): 3:53pm On Aug 14, 2009
. .watched the 2 last episodes and liked Uche at once. . he was humble yet unshaken, at that sight i just wanted him to win to surprise those whose bets were on Melvin and he didn't fall my hand. grin

Congrats my boy!
Re: Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 by abeleon(m): 9:13am On Aug 18, 2009
@ lysaa:

concerning the guy that died, i don't think he died while shooting the show, i think it happened before the shooting, while sight seeing or swimming or something like that.

after all the rites were done, the 'show' went on as planned only with someone less to evict as scripted,
Re: Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 by zugoboss(m): 8:19pm On Aug 23, 2009
@Ginky,your observation about Vivian crying when she was commenting is right but the fact is that those comments they make before the task of the day are actually recorded after their tasks but are shown prior to the tasks.Thats how I knew she was going to be evicted that day though she tried hard to hide it as she must have been instructed to.As for people that think the show was stage managed I think thats not true though the selection of the 10 finalist might have been influenced considering the fact that Chuks,Debbie,Ada,Oseyi couldn't have been among the strongest from all screening regions but once in the jungle every man for himself.As for the alleged unfairness to Elvis,a guy just had to be paired with Oseyi & he happened to be the unlucky guy cos she's the weakest.Then btw Uche & Melvin it was just sheer luck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. / Chidi Mokeme Returns As Host Of Gulder Ultimate Search 10 / BBNaija: Ilebaye Warns Bryann As They Clash (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.