Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,406 members, 7,830,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread (35627 Views)

2 Titles Ranking For The Confederations Cup? / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by bawomolo(m): 9:25pm On Jun 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

So African Champions spanked the World Champions?

Egypt twatted Italy
Nigeria spanked France.
Has the power shifted to Africa? grin grin grin grin

pass me your best kai kai cheesy
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 9:27pm On Jun 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

So African Champions spanked the World Champions?

Egypt twatted Italy
Nigeria spanked France.
Has the power shifted to Africa? grin grin grin grin

Italy is rubbish, they were lucky to brap USA
Nigeria will co.ck them or what do you think Crizzle? grin
Power has shifted to Africa for now, but it wont stop us Africa being the whipping boys at the world cup next year

SA to get knocked first, my money is on that! grin
As long as i live to see 2010, then i will be cashing in! grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 9:30pm On Jun 18, 2009
This Homos guy. What a name. For the record Hummus is a traditional Israeli delicacy. How interesting.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:30pm On Jun 18, 2009
@Brash
Nah.  .  .the Italians weren't lucky. The Americans were just too poor. The Italians weren't even at their best in that game and the Yanks still couldn't get a goal in the normal way.
Football is just not for them.

Nigeria can give Italy a good run, but I doubt that they can win. You know the Super Eagles are as erratic as Arsenal. grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by aieromon(m): 9:32pm On Jun 18, 2009
Congrats to Egypt.
Gudnite,y'all
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:34pm On Jun 18, 2009
FBS:

This Homos guy. What a name. For the record Hummus is a traditional Israeli delicacy. How interesting.

Hmm. . .so papa thought his baby was a lovely man-delicacy? grin

@aieromon
Goodnight dearie. . .till Saturday, right? We got a whole lot of cracking games on Saturday.

Lemme start canceling all dates. grin grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 9:36pm On Jun 18, 2009
Cristalz:

Nigeria can give Italy a good run, but I doubt that they can win. You know the Super Eagles are as erratic as Arsenal. grin

Dont start gorgeous! grin tongue
With Utaka, Martins and Mikel, Super Chickens will always be erratic! grin
U want to start scoring cheap points ehn? cheesy
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by vikiviko(m): 9:39pm On Jun 18, 2009
Up Pharaohs!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 9:39pm On Jun 18, 2009
Cristalz:

Hmm.  .  .so papa thought his baby was a lovely man-delicacy? grin
talk about special babies eh grin

Goodnite y'all. Saturday should be mad interesting.

Also Brasil vs Italy on Sunday.
Can't afford to cancel me date though cheesy wink
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by rasputinn(m): 9:48pm On Jun 18, 2009
Brasil will thump Italy on Saturday,and Egypt will ride the USA,like play like play,see Pharaoh's children for semis
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 9:54pm On Jun 18, 2009
FBS:

talk about special babies eh grin

Goodnite y'all. Saturday should be mad interesting.

Also Brasil vs Italy on Sunday.
Can't afford to cancel me date though cheesy wink

Dont screw your date up brov, you will watch the highlights when you get back wink
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by bgees(m): 10:03pm On Jun 18, 2009
Egypt should try and make it to d world cup.

I also think Italy will win Brazil.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by biolabee(m): 10:32pm On Jun 18, 2009
Homo Saped Italy
good match for el hadary but i think zidan was too careless tonite
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 11:29pm On Jun 18, 2009
Guys, there's a clash o. . .both Confed games are at 7.30pm on Saturday. Not interested in Iraq - NZ anyway, so no sweat. It's Spain - SA that's the game to see.
But. . .Nigeria - Tunisia is at 7.10pm!! Why couldn't they have fixed one in the afternoon? Imagine, the entire afternoon is free. I would really hate to do the channel-switching thing.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mukina2: 11:47pm On Jun 18, 2009
I really enjoyed this match today. Egypt is simply world class. That keeper is fourmuch shocked grin

and FBS was comparing them to the eagles grin my friend take ur time oh grin

I guess i was too engrossed in the match to notice the vuvuflies angry grin

Impressive performance for egypt but they wasted lots of good chances, they had a finishing problem.

Can soem one please tell Gattuso never to try that stunt again grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mykali(m): 12:07am On Jun 19, 2009
lol. At least he had pants on.
Cristalz. . .be a patriotic nigerian and stick to the naija match. I have a feeling that the SE play better when almost everybody is watching.
Good play from the Pharoahs in dealing with the Caesers
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by davidif: 12:09am On Jun 19, 2009
Italy is rubbish, they were lucky to brap USA
Nigeria will co.ck them or what do you think Crizzle?
Power has shifted to Africa for now, but it wont stop us Africa being the whipping boys at the world cup next year

Yep, especially if Gabon and Algeria do the mistake of qualifying for the world cup.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mukina2: 12:13am On Jun 19, 2009
grin grin grin thats unfair grin
what of the hosts? grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Jarus(m): 8:59am On Jun 19, 2009
CIV may be more talented, Cameroun and Nigeria may be more famous, but I don't think anybody will deny the fact that Egypt play the best football in Africa and indeed they are Africa's best.

Their style of play, and for most North African countries generally, looks Eurpean. Free flowing, teamwork, perfect understanding, courage unlike typical African country that plays gbugbugbu, physical football with some flashes of individual skills as is the case with Nigeria, CIV,Ghana and most guilty Cameroun.

The fact is, to cage, or at least put up a good showing showing against any European or South American team, you need tp play like them, not the typical African physical football. North Africans naturally play this kind of football.

The good thing is that Nigeria can also play this kind of football, at least the golden generation of JJ-Finidi-Amuneke-Amokachi-Oliseh-Siasia. In fact it used to be our traditional style of play before our guys began to fumble. Up to 1998, everybody acknowledged the fact that Nigeria's style of play was un-African and more like European.

But now, we have a set of individual talents that prefer to play to the gallery than as a team. But as the Yoruba would say 'ko kin tan l'ara omo oba ko ma ku dansaki'(A prince will still have soem respect no matter his fall), even in this trying moment of Nigerian football, we still show some flashes of this our trado style in some matches like that against France and that against Ireland and Jamaica in 2004 Unity cup(or was it 2003?). Against an europena team, I believe our boys can also play like Egypt, but the only problem is unlike the Egyptians, our boys' ego problem may still reflect.

But I strongly believe Nigeria will rise again with their entertaining football, that makes African proud.

Please I don't want to see any Gabon or Burkina Faso in SA. Egypt, Nigeria, CIV, Ghana and Cameroun are Africa's best bet.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Kx: 9:34am On Jun 19, 2009
An interesting scenario is going to play out.

As at now,Brazil has 6 points +4 goal diff.
                 Italy has 3 points +1
                 Egypt has 3 points 0 goal diff

When( cos its certain) Egypt beats USA 3.0, they ll have 6points +3 gola diff.
If Italy wins brazil with a goal = Italy 6points +3 goal diff, win with 2 goals =6points + 4 goal diff,
If Italy wins with a goal,= Brazil 6points +3 goal diff, italy wins with 2 goals =brazil 6points +2 goals diff.

In all,I can bet Egypt is making it to semi final,if dey can trash USA with at least 3 goals.
Italy,it appears,is home bound cos beating brazil with 2 unrepiled goals aint clearly feasible
Egypts fate is in their hand.
Viva Egypt
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by khanye(m): 9:58am On Jun 19, 2009
[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td7JRV7uk0M&hl=en&fs=1&"[/flash]

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAYMT6QfCaM&hl=en&fs=1&"[/flash]

All Hail the champions
I'm already looking forward to the semi-final match: Spain vs. Egypt cool
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by BinghiNya(m): 10:20am On Jun 19, 2009
Egypt is an african team cause they are located in Africa but they have no similarity with Africans. They are more European like than African. They have the best team work in Africa and that makes them the best African side. If super eagles are exposed to pressure for a few minuted they easily capitulate.

Brazil and Egypt to make the semis
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by khanye(m): 10:43am On Jun 19, 2009
Egypt needs to work hard if they are to play
at the coming world Cup.
They have 1 point from 2 games
Zambia & Algeria are tied on 4pts
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by davidif: 10:45am On Jun 19, 2009
Their style of play, and for most North African countries generally, looks Eurpean. Free flowing, teamwork, perfect understanding, courage unlike typical African country that plays gbugbugbu, physical football with some flashes of individual skills as is the case with Nigeria, CIV,Ghana and most guilty Cameroun.

You hit the message right on the head, Nigeria plays like the old English team, physical football and long ball instead of just passing and running into space, they just "spray and pray" and loose possession. Just look at Brazil's second goal (Robinho) against  USA when have you ever seen Nigeria play like that? NEVER. just long ball and physical play. This is why Egypt could beat Ivory Coast and Cameroun SOUNDLY in the African Nations Cup.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by khanye(m): 11:08am On Jun 19, 2009
davidif:

You hit the message right on the head, Nigeria plays like the old English team, physical football and long ball instead of just passing and running into space, they just "spray and pray" and loose possession. Just look at Brazil's second goal (Robinho) against  USA when have you ever seen Nigeria play like that? NEVER. just long ball and physical play. This is why Egypt could beat Ivory Coast and Cameroun SOUNDLY in the African Nations Cup.

U're right!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by RSA(m): 11:16am On Jun 19, 2009
Jarus:

Please I don't want to see any Gabon or Burkina Faso in SA. Egypt, Nigeria, CIV, Ghana and Cameroun are Africa's best bet.

If they're really African best then they must qualify in their group with distinction,and beside this teams have been representing Africa in the past world cups and are failling to go beyond quaterfinals on numerous attempts.We need talented teams not the has been.

This are five teams that will qualify for SA 2010,Zambia,Ghana,Burkina Faso,CIV and Tunisia
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by khanye(m): 11:32am On Jun 19, 2009
RSA:

If they're really African best then they must qualify in their group with distinction,and beside this teams have been representing Africa in the past world cups and are failling to go beyond quaterfinals on numerous attempts.We need talented teams not the has been.

This are five teams that will qualify for SA 2010,Zambia,Ghana,Burkina Faso,CIV and Tunisia

There are more games to be played
you cant judge all teams with just 2 matches
I believe in Camerooun,CIV,Nigeria,Ghana and Egypt at SA2010
Even your RSA team wont qualify from the group stages in 2010
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mukina2: 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2009
Khanye take nigeria out.

i'd rather see Morroco there tongue
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by JUNIT1(m): 1:56pm On Jun 19, 2009
brazil spain final, brazil wins, whether u agree or not, thats the fact so accept it
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by khanye(m): 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2009
mukina2:

Khanye take nigeria out.

i'd rather see Morroco there tongue

Those five i listed are the strongest in Africa
Nigeria mite be fucking up now but they are still the giant of Africa

J UNIT:

brazil spain final, brazil wins, whether u agree or not, thats the fact so accept it

Dont bet pls
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mukina2: 2:04pm On Jun 19, 2009
khanye:

Those five i listed are the strongest in Africa
Nigeria mite be fucking up now but they are still the giant of Africa

Dont bet pls

Yeah Giant in your dreams cheesy
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by RSA(m): 2:56pm On Jun 19, 2009
khanye:

There are more games to be played
you cant judge all teams with just 2 matches
I believe in Camerooun,CIV,Nigeria,Ghana and Egypt at SA2010
Even your RSA team wont qualify from the group stages in 2010

Nigeria play shyt football yes I said it tongue.I watch your Mozambique game,you wjere lucky to go home with a point,against Kenya in your own backyard you played crap,and you were lucky because football is not a number one sport in kenya grin

I am not going to comment on SA team cause we've been dissapointing but we're building a team and come 2010 by God grace we will do well,maybe even winning the cup grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (59) (Reply)

Manchester City vs Real Madrid: UCL (3 - 4) Penalty On 17th April 2024 / Leicester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 19th January 2021 / Manchester United Vs Aston Villa (2 - 1) On 1st January 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.