Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:52 AM

FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread (35950 Views)

2 Titles Ranking For The Confederations Cup? / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by allboyz(m): 9:38pm On Jun 21, 2009
Usa
Gf - 4
Ga - 6
Gd - -2

Italy
Gf - 3
Ga - 5
Gd - -2

the tv reporter here says italy are thru. . . .
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 9:40pm On Jun 21, 2009
allboyz:

Usa
Gf - 4
Ga - 6
Gd - -2

Italy
Gf - 3
Ga - 5
Gd - -2

the tv reporter here says italy are thru. . . .

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mystikal(m): 9:42pm On Jun 21, 2009
sorry, but d tv reporter is a Arrow!

cant u do the math?
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:42pm On Jun 21, 2009
@allboyz
That TV reporter must be speaking outta Egyptian anger. grin It's the USA going through.  .  .Italy and Egypt are packing up and going home.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 9:44pm On Jun 21, 2009
Allboyz i cant believe you! grin cheesy
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 9:44pm On Jun 21, 2009
@crizzle,
wat r u going to do now without the lasagna boys eh? grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by allboyz(m): 9:47pm On Jun 21, 2009
Really? So the azuris are out
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:55pm On Jun 21, 2009
FBS:

@crizzle,
wat r u going to do now without the lasagna boys eh? grin

My dear, do I know? Anywayz, I'm not disappointed 'cos I had already picked the Pharaohs over them. It's why I'm pissed at El Hadary and his crew. . .they were so poor tonight.
My lasagna lovers with great dark hair can wait till 2010. grin
Besides, the Spaniards have dark hair too, except it's not as great and it's got too much gel. What's with Spanish/Portuguese boyz and hair gel anyway? It's like a fetish, or an addiction.

@allboyz
The Azzuris are so out. grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 9:59pm On Jun 21, 2009
allboyz:

Really? So the azuris are out

Are you still asking shocked shocked grin
Anyway allow me to register my 13000th post! grin tongue
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 10:08pm On Jun 21, 2009
Goodnite folks.
Very entertaining evening eh?

Anyone for the Germany vs England u-21 tomorrow?
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 10:11pm On Jun 21, 2009
G'nite FBS. Night woulda been perfect if the silly Pharaohs didn't mess up. Exact same mistake the Super Eagles made during the last AFCON - womanizing the night before an important game, and underestimating the opposition.

Wednesday/Thursday can't come fast enough.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 10:13pm On Jun 21, 2009
FBS
Nite dude. . . . I will be here tmor Insha Allah! grin

Crizzle
R u still pissed off
Right, come to Papa Brashy for some pampering! cheesy tongue
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 10:22pm On Jun 21, 2009
@''Papa'' Brashy
I'm still pissed @ them. . .silly people. Don't need pampering. I'm just going to get me some good sleep. It's raining here, so my sleep will be very sweet. grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 10:24pm On Jun 21, 2009
Cristalz:

@''Papa'' Brashy
I'm still pissed @ them. . .silly people. Don't need pampering. I'm just going to get me some good sleep. It's raining here, so my sleep will be very sweet. grin

Aaw dont worry. . . . .get that good sleep then!
Nite Miss tongue
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by allboyz(m): 10:32pm On Jun 21, 2009
woulda love it more if the Azuris had qualified. . . .

Its rainy here too and im all alone. . . .Brashy u wanna help me out wit any female folks? just to keep my company? Coz u seems very caring. . . . .

Grin Grin. . . .
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Sauron1: 10:37pm On Jun 21, 2009
allboyz:

Its rainy here too and im all alone. . . .Brashy u wanna help me out wit any female folks? just to keep my company? Coz u seems very caring. . . . .

Grin Grin. . . .

What do u wanna do with female folks? I will send Debosky or Folahann to you.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 10:37pm On Jun 21, 2009
allboyz:

Grin Grin. . . .

Have ypu forgotten you are the love-vendor ryt here? grin cheesy
Common pick up that phone and get your booty call swag on! grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 10:38pm On Jun 21, 2009
~Sauron~:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin cheesy
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mukina2: 11:04pm On Jun 21, 2009
Egypt arghhhhhhhhhhh angry

no wahala i'll support spain and whoever meets SA grin

down with the vuvuzela bafana banana tongue
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mykali(m): 12:31am On Jun 22, 2009
The Egyptians were exhausted and fatigued. Even AbouTerika couldnt do sqwat!!! They exerted all their energy against Brasil and Italy, so i aint surprised about tonight. RSA and USA are gonna be seriously dealt with in the semis.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by debosky(m): 12:36am On Jun 22, 2009
mykali:

The Egyptians were exhausted and fatigued. Even AbouTerika couldnt do sqwat!!! They exerted all their energy against Brasil and Italy, so i aint surprised about tonight. RSA and USA are gonna be seriously dealt with in the semis.

Correction - they exerted all their energy on the delectable, scantily clad women of the night who proceeded to part them from their well earned bonus dollars. grin grin

~Sauron~:

You better watch your mouth before I command the fire of Amadioha to roast you faster than a George Foreman grill. angry tongue
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by dayokanu(m): 1:46am On Jun 22, 2009

I keep telling DayoKanu, the bundesliga is crap
GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

The captain of Brazil Lucio plays in the Bundesliga

Mohammed Zidan one of the stars of this tournament plays in the Bundesliga.

Before Toni came to Bundesliga how was his performance at World cup 2006?
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by dayokanu(m): 1:58am On Jun 22, 2009
G'nite FBS. Night woulda been perfect if the silly Pharaohs didn't mess up. Exact same mistake the Super Eagles made during the last AFCON - womanizing the night before an important game, and underestimating the opposition.

Wednesday/Thursday can't come fast enough.

Criztal So we can say women are the problem of the world? Or how did the fantastic Pharaohs become self-service ?
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by davidif: 5:31am On Jun 22, 2009
USELESS EGYPT, WHAT AN EMBARASSMENT TO AFRICA, SEE HOW THEY WENT TO MISREPRESENT US. I know there best players like Amr Zaki and Mohammed Zidan did not play but that is NOT AN EXCUSE to lose to USA of all countries. WHAT UTMOST NONSENSE. THEY ALWAYS BLOW HOT OR COLD. That's the best way to explain how a team can be back to back African champions and almost beat Brazil and even beat the world champions Italy and yet cannot beat America. They are even at the bottom of there group in world cup qualifying. Geez. What nonsense.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by sirwebs(m): 6:02am On Jun 22, 2009
And to all those who have been slating the SE these past few days and comparing them to the Pharoes, shame on you. Eagles wouldn't lose to the USA.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 8:47am On Jun 22, 2009
dayokanu:

The captain of Brazil Lucio plays in the Bundesliga

Mohammed Zidan one of the stars of this tournament plays in the Bundesliga.

Before Toni came to Bundesliga how was his performance at World cup 2006?

Dayokunu

Keep drooling!
The bundesliga is an amateur league shocked grin
And you cant compare the standards to other top leagues in the world
Throw the top 5 times from 10 top leagues plus the bundesliga into a pot for a round robin tourney
Out of the five teams representing the bundesliga, 3 of them will prop the table, i swear down! tongue
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Ibime(m): 9:18am On Jun 22, 2009
debosky:

Correction - they exerted all their energy on the delectable, scantily clad women of the night who proceeded to part them from their well earned bonus dollars. grin grin

hehehehe. . . . those Egyptian players have a lot of explaining to do to their wives. . . . they should be brought before the Masjid and punished Sharia style! grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 11:32am On Jun 22, 2009
dayokanu:

Criztal So we can say women are the problem of the world? Or how did the fantastic Pharaohs become self-service ?

No dearie.  .  .the problem is men's inability to control 007 and keep its cage zipped. grin No woman can naturally force any man to do what he hasn't already entertained thoughts in his head about doing.
Self control.  .  .most men lack a good deal of it when it comes to the bump 'n' grind, so most women cash in on it.  .  .or the lack of it. grin
Origin = men. So blame the men. After all, it's a man's world, ain't it? Women just work with what they've got, and trust me, it's a lot! Hehehe.  .  .

I hope they take those silly Pharaohs to the highest Sharia court straight from the airport. Gosh, they really disappointed me. I was backing them for the semis at least.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by RSA(m): 12:05pm On Jun 22, 2009
mukina2:

Egypt arghhhhhhhhhhh angry

no wahala i'll support spain and whoever meets SA grin

down with the vuvuzela bafana banana tongue

NOISE, singing, dancing and brightly coloured outfits were the order of the day in the capital city, Pretoria, yesterday.

Thousands of fans made their way to the Loftus stadium from 3pm to support Brazil “The samba kings” and Italy “ the Azzuris” battling it out for a spot in the semi-finals.
Excitement was lined on the faces of the multi-cultural fans blowing their vuvuzelas and waving their team flags.

“We are a noisy nation,” said a group of South African supporters of Brazil.

“If you can’t handle the heat – then get out of the kitchen. The vuvuzela is part of our culture and it’s here to stay. The Europeans sing all game long and we blow our vuvuzelas.
“People must lean to live with it; their complaints are just an excuse to put South Africans down. Uptight Europeans don’t understand the meaning of the word excitement,” said Ishtiaq Essop.

While most call the vuvuzela the South African football’s beautiful noise, Frans Sithole, 26, and Alex Makoma, 33, think the plastic horn is a way of life.

“People must be crazy to think we can let them ban the vuvuzela. People use to sleep during games at the stadiums, but not any more. I don’t think I will enjoy going to the stadium without my vuvuzela,” said Sithole.

The vuvuzela is loved by many, both young and old.
“The vuvuzela creates the best atmosphere inside the stadium. If people give it a chance they will love it,” said 18-year-old Naseerah Waja.

“I don’t have the strength to blow the vuvuzela anymore but I love the noise, it keeps me awake. The vuvuzela is meant to be loud,” said Majadibodu Makakula, a 56-year-old from Pretoria.

In a nearby restaurant loud music was being played as customers watched the game.

“A soccer match is not a funeral,” said a waiter.
“There are no rules about how much noise supporters should make. We don’ t mind them blowing the vuvuzelas – it’s fun.”

http://www.sowetan.co.za/Sport/SoccerZone/Article.aspx?id=1021674
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by RSA(m): 12:09pm On Jun 22, 2009
http://www.sowetan.co.za/News/Article.aspx?id=1021584

Let’s stop being too nice – Khoza
22 June 2009

THE natural modesty of Africans is hampering the ability of South Africa to project itself as a country capable of staging an outstanding World Cup next year, according to Local Organising Committee boss Irvin Khoza.

Khoza this week said that doubts expressed in Europe and elsewhere about the hosting of the 32-nation finals had not yet been countered effectively.
“We are too modest,” he said. “We have a weakness as Africans. It’s our nature to show respect and modesty – and that can be self-defeating at times.
“We are the opposite of Americans. We don’t celebrate in advance. We don’t show off.”
Khoza has no doubts about his country’s ability to stage the tournament, the world’s biggest sports event, alongside the Summer Olympics.
He points out that South Africa successfully organised other major events such as the rugby and cricket World Cups while acknowledging that the soccer tournament is a much bigger and more high-profile affair.
“We have the organisation and the ability to host events of this magnitude,” he said. “This is a great opportunity for us.
“What’s important now is that we inspire the country and our youth.
“We must talk more about our achievements. We need to influence the new generation. We have to show that we’ve got what it takes.”
Perfect springboard
Khoza said the World Cup would give South Africa the perfect springboard to bring new business and investment into the country.
“The chairmen of big corporations, business leaders and influential people of all kinds will come here for the World Cup,” he added.
“We need to show them this is a good place to do business. That starts with the welcome at the airport. We must show them this is a different kind of tournament. We need to create a home from home [environment] for them.
“Many people will be coming here for the first time, people who supported us during our struggles. We must not disappoint them.”
The 60-year-old Khoza, himself a successful businessman, said security was a challenge but he believed South Africa could rise to the twin challenge of protecting visiting teams and supporters from the country’s high crime rate while preventing hooliganism by overseas fans.
He said South African security officials had been in Germany for the last World Cup finals and had learnt much there.
“We won’t use strong-arm tactics,” he said. “People are coming here for a carnival atmosphere and we will encourage that.”
He said there would be contacts with police in the countries of teams taking part in the tournament with a view to identifying known trouble- makers and preventing them from travelling.
Khoza said the World Cup would also leave South Africa with a legacy of first-class soccer stadiums which would enable the country to host other major tournaments in the future.
He said he hoped visiting fans would leave with a great image of South African people.
“Our slogan is ‘celebrating Africa’s humanity’,” he said. “Visitors will experience the warmth of the people and many spontaneous greetings.
“People here like to laugh. It’s an expression of happiness. When they go to a match, it’s like going to a wedding. It’s a celebration.”
But he said for Africa’s World Cup to be perfect, African teams needed to perform well and he hoped to see South Africa or another African team reach the quarter-finals or even the semi- finals. – Reuters
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by khanye(m): 12:24pm On Jun 22, 2009
Brazil will trash RSA grin cheesy wink
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by khanye(m): 12:26pm On Jun 22, 2009
na woman kill Egypt wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (59) (Reply)

Sevilla Vs Manchester United : UCL (0 - 0) On 21st February 2018 / Chelsea Vs Brentford (1 - 4) On 2nd April 2022 / Fulham Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 12th January 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.