Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,646 members, 7,816,655 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Disbelief In God. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Disbelief In God. (5995 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Disbelief In Yahweh As The Creator God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 1:49am On May 29, 2009
toneyb:

I haven't been able to prove anything but other have been able to prove the bible wrong. We now know that the sun does not move from place to place as the bible says it does, rainbows are not a covenant between any man and any god but a refraction of sunlight on water droplets in the earths atmosphere. Can you use the brain you have to show us how the sun  moves from place to place or prove to us that light does not refract on water droplets prior to Noah's flood? You claim that you alone has the brain to reason so please use your brain and provide the answer or don't you believe in the bible again? grin grin

Urgh . . . i'm about to throw up. can someone pls count how many freaking times this brainless blowhard has cowardly simply recycled the VERY SAME POST in slightly different wording?

I mean can this fool reason? Yeah the bible is wrong, ok God lied, sure Jonah never existed . . . but thou fool - WHENCE CAMEST ALL THE EARTH AND THE SEA AND THE FISHES IN IT? Did they drop from the sky? If you could show me dude i'd never read a bible forever!
Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 1:49am On May 29, 2009
toneyb:

You can start with evolution and the big bang.

Idiot, even as foolish as you are . . . you dont subscribe to it. No dude, dont tell me to bugger off and read the web as you cowards like to hide. YOU SHOW ME!
Re: Disbelief In God. by toneyb: 1:50am On May 29, 2009
davidylan:

Same ol' same ol' . . . yeah ok the Lord didnt create the universe . . . well WHO CREATED IT? DO YOU KNOW?

I don't have to know all I know is that your lord did not create the universe. If he did he wound't have inspired men to say that the sun moves from place to place or that he initially created all men and animals as vegetarians.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 1:52am On May 29, 2009
toneyb:

I don't have to know all I know is that your lord did not create the universe. If he did he wound't have inspired men to say that the sun moves from place to place or that he initially created all men and animals as vegetarians.

Oh crap! We just went through this same thing a few posts ago . . . do you have anything else to say besides this recycled piece of brainless garbage? Yeah the Lord didnt create the universe . . . i agree . . . BUT WHO DID?
Re: Disbelief In God. by toneyb: 1:54am On May 29, 2009
davidylan:

Idiot, even as foolish as you are . . . you dont subscribe to it. No dude, dont tell me to bugger off and read the web as you cowards like to hide. YOU SHOW ME!

Eya you dey vex. grin grin. I Love to seeing how the god defenders shout all over the place when they have nothing to say. You call atheist fools for not believing in you god don't you? When asked for the evidence for most of the assertion you believe in you resort to insluts but still call atheist fools for not believing in that which you only believe by faith.  grin grin Very funny people.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 1:57am On May 29, 2009
toneyb:

Eya you dey vex. grin grin. I Love to seeing how the god defenders shout all over the place when they have nothing to say. You call atheist fools for not believing in you god don't you? When asked for the evidence for most of the assertion you believe in you resort to insluts but still call atheist fools for not believing in that which you only believe by faith.  grin grin Very funny people.

huh? you've had nothing but the same recycled crap to post since forever and its me who has nothing to say?
I call you a fool because you dont believe in God BUT dont stand for pretty much anything else either. You're much worse than the average intelligent scientist who believes he can figure out an answer without God. At least he has something to work with, you're basically like directionless chaff . . . blowing wherever the winds of uncertainty take you.

you have no hope, either in the bible or in science. you're nothing but a shell, an empty vessel . . . always yelling "show me show me" but having absolutely nothing to offer in response.
Re: Disbelief In God. by toneyb: 2:00am On May 29, 2009
davidylan:

Oh crap! We just went through this same thing a few posts ago . . . do you have anything else to say besides this recycled piece of brainless garbage? Yeah the Lord didnt create the universe . . . i agree . . . BUT WHO DID?

Can you show me where I have stated that I know who created the universe? You claim that your god did, I ask for evidence only for you to tell me that I should show you who did.  grin grin. Next time don't you go around ridiculing and disparaging people for not believeing in the god whom you can not prove any of the assertions that are written about him in the a book  which contains a lot of factual and historical  errors.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 2:03am On May 29, 2009
I dont waste my time indulging in the "prove to me" game you idiots love to spend your time on. I believe that what primarily motivates a lot of you here is NOT the desire to "prove us wrong" but the fear, the insecurity and the dread that shld you die you may have made the worst mistakes of your life and doomed your souls to a wretched eternity.

Your consciences tell you that there is something beyond that your eye can see, but your heart scoffs. You dont know how the earth was formed, but you believe the bible is only a myth . . . how then did the earth appear? What gave you fool a life, a soul , a body, a mind? Where do you go when you die? Dust?

You have no clue to what is on the other side of mortality, but you pretend to laugh it off by calling on Jonah each time. If indeed you believed Christ never lived this section would be one you'd avoid. But you cant, you build a temple here seeking "proof" to assuage your own guilt and fear.

the bible may be full of crap, but i love it all the same . . . it gives me hope for tomorrow and the life hereafter, it is not meant to make sense to folks like you . . . who think they are wise in their own conceit but are indeed empty blowhards . . . drowning in their faithless destruction.

Its one thing to be an atheist, its another to be an "intelligent" atheist. You are neither of the two. You're just another in the long line of cowards who come here using science as a cloak for your own restless souls.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 2:03am On May 29, 2009
toneyb:

Can you show me where I have stated that I know who created the universe? You claim that your god did, I ask for evidence only for you to tell me that I should show you who did.  grin grin. Next time don't you go around ridiculing and disparaging people for not believeing in the god whom you can not prove any of the assertions that are written about him in the a book  which contains a lot of factual and historical  errors.

What do you fool know? Do you even know where you were born at least?
Re: Disbelief In God. by toneyb: 2:03am On May 29, 2009
davidylan:

huh? you've had nothing but the same recycled crap to post since forever and its me who has nothing to say?
I call you a fool because you dont believe in God BUT dont stand for pretty much anything else either. You're much worse than the average intelligent scientist who believes he can figure out an answer without God. At least he has something to work with, you're basically like directionless chaff . . . blowing wherever the winds of uncertainty take you.

you have no hope, either in the bible or in science. you're nothing but a shell, an empty vessel . . . always yelling "show me show me" but having absolutely nothing to offer in response.

On the other hand you claim to have an answer with god but when asked for the answer you start blabbing all over the place. I have an answer with science. The computer i am using is an answer to communication that came about through science.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 2:05am On May 29, 2009
toneyb:

On the other hand you claim to have an answer with god but when asked for the answer you start blabbing all over the place. I have an answer with science. The computer i am using is an answer to communication that came about through science.

What a dullard. A computer created the earth? Are you drunk?
Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 2:14am On May 29, 2009
Whence did these sons of belial start using science to camouflage their own ignorance? Exactly what science is toneyb talking about?

What does he know about science? How has science explained the miracle of the sun, moon, stars and earth? How has science explained how chance could have so intricately designed the eye with its complex ability to focus to objects of varying distance at the speed of light?

How has science explained how chance could have given us a brain that allows me to type on my keyboard without making an ounce of effort to lift my fingers? how does science explain how a tiny organ like the hypothalamus could control almost all my involuntary activities?

Has the fool ever wondered how you can lift a leg simply by thinking about it? Does this fool ever wonder why the sun didnt fall out of the sky just by chance or the moon failed to show up for an entire yr because it got stuck on another planet?

How has the planet survived for billions of yrs and essentially remained the same BY CHANCE? How did chance engineer homologous genes in yeast and as well in man? How can we knock out a gene and then put it back into a cell and have it function just as normally? why did chance give us 2 eyes, ears, and nostrils ALL PERFECTLY DESIGNED IN THE EXACT SAME WAY? How did chance give us the power to walk on two feet but denied that right to the cow?

Do these fools who love to trumpet the goodness of science (even though they probably only managed a D in their science classes) understand what they are talking about?
Re: Disbelief In God. by toneyb: 2:17am On May 29, 2009
davidylan:

I dont waste my time indulging in the "prove to me" game you idiots love to spend your time on. I believe that what primarily motivates a lot of you here is NOT the desire to "prove us wrong" but the fear, the insecurity and the dread that shld you die you may have made the worst mistakes of your life and doomed your souls to a wretched eternity.

Your consciences tell you that there is something beyond that your eye can see, but your heart scoffs. You dont know how the earth was formed, but you believe the bible is only a myth . . . how then did the earth appear? What gave you fool a life, a soul , a body, a mind? Where do you go when you die? Dust?

You have no clue to what is on the other side of mortality, but you pretend to laugh it off by calling on Jonah each time. If indeed you believed Christ never lived this section would be one you'd avoid. But you cant, you build a temple here seeking "proof" to assuage your own guilt and fear.

the bible may be full of crap, but i love it all the same . . . it gives me hope for tomorrow and the life hereafter, it is not meant to make sense to folks like you . . . who think they are wise in their own conceit but are indeed empty blowhards . . . drowning in their faithless destruction.

Its one thing to be an atheist, its another to be an "intelligent" atheist. You are neither of the two. You're just another in the long line of cowards who come here using science as a cloak for your own restless souls.

If I am fearful I would be a Christian to be honest why will i take the gamble if at all I aml fearful? If at all I am fearful and believe that I might be wrong I will be a Christian just to be safe, it doesn't take much. I KNOW for a FACT that NOTHING like what is described in the bible awaits me. My conscience tells me that there is NOTHING beyond the eyes which the bible asserts is true. You console your self with the ridiculous assertion that we come here because we are afraid grin grin grin Afraid of what. You or the other Christians? I am not here to seek for any proof because there is no proof you can provide, Infact there is no proof at all in the bible, all all we have are ridiculous assertions that can not be supported at all even by those of you that believe it is true. I only come here to ask for the reason why you guys believe in what you believe and ridicule and disparage others for not believing in it. I DO NOT fear death because I know that your claims about the after life is VERY FALSE. It is one thing to be an "intelligent" I have come across many and you are not one at all. You can't even defend that which you believe and you attacks others for their own beliefs(Moslems). The only thing you are good at is telling lies. The ONLY people that are full of fear is you and your cohorts and that fear is evident in all your post. Because you are fearful does not mean that we are. I can not fear what I KNOW is false. If indeed you know that Islam is false you will never be on the Islamic thread asking them questions, you only do that to hide form the baseless assertions of the bible and pretend that it is true because Islam is false.
Re: Disbelief In God. by noetic2: 2:19am On May 29, 2009
@ Daviddylan

why did u draw issues with toneyb? . . . .  . .u simply subscribed to time wasting.
Re: Disbelief In God. by toneyb: 2:38am On May 29, 2009
davidylan:

Whence did these sons of belial start using science to camouflage their own ignorance? Exactly what science is toneyb talking about?

What does he know about science? How has science explained the miracle of the sun, moon, stars and earth? How has science explained how chance could have so intricately designed the eye with its complex ability to focus to objects of varying distance at the speed of light?

How has science explained how chance could have given us a brain that allows me to type on my keyboard without making an ounce of effort to lift my fingers? how does science explain how a tiny organ like the hypothalamus could control almost all my involuntary activities?

How did you get to know how the earth operates? Through science, how did you get to know that the sun does not move from place to place as your bible said it does? Through science. How do you know that the earth constitute 21% oxygen? Through science. How do you know that there is ever a part of the eye called a retina and that it has lens in it? through science. What does your own bible has to say about the eyes? it says that evil spirits cause blindness. Everything that we know about light (the speed of light) we know through science. Not through the bible. Instead the writers of the bible saw refraction of light on water droplets in the atmosphere  and called it a covenant between man and god. What is your evidence to show that this phenomenon never took place prior to Noah's flood?

Everything that we know about the brain we know through science. Is there any word like hypothalamus in the bible? Do the writers of the bible know anything about how the human brain operates? How did you get to know that there are voluntary and involuntary actions? Through science not through you memorization of the lies that are in the bible.

Has the fool ever wondered how you can lift a leg simply by thinking about it? Does this fool ever wonder why the sun didnt fall out of the sky just by chance or the moon failed to show up for an entire yr because it got stuck on another planet?

Science has provided explanations for all these what explanation has the bible provided? how did you get to know that the moon and the sun? What does you bible have to say about the sun? It moves from place to place.

How has the planet survived for billions of yrs and essentially remained the same BY CHANCE? How did chance engineer homologous genes in yeast and as well in man? How can we knock out a gene and then put it back into a cell and have it function just as normally? why did chance give us 2 eyes, ears, and nostrils ALL PERFECTLY DESIGNED IN THE EXACT SAME WAY? How did chance give us the power to walk on two feet but denied that right to the cow?

How do we know that the earth has existed for billions of years? through the work of science. The bible talks about something else. All we know about cells and genes are through the work of science, do the writers of the bible know what a cell or a gene is? what is the biblical explanation of how the cell functions? What are the biblical explanation for how and why we have two eyes? Everything we know about the eye we know through science what are the bible explanation for eye defects? satan and evil spirits? does the bible not say that evil spirits cause blindness?

Do these fools who love to trumpet the goodness of science (even though they probably only managed a D in their science classes) understand what they are talking about?

Do you fools that love to say that god did it know that science is for ever disproving the ridiculous assertion of your god? grin grin. I have stopped taking you serious after this post. All the knowledge of the things you have written you knew through science not the bible and you turn around and say that how does science explain them grin grin grin. Ok How does the bible explain them? How does the bible explain eye defects, evil spirits causes it, how does the bible explain seizure, evil spirits cause it. grin grin grin grin. And you turn around and call us fool for our unbelief? grin grin
Re: Disbelief In God. by dalaman: 8:36am On May 29, 2009
davidylan:

I like your tenacity I must confess but you are always trying too hard. It is good to defend the the bible and what it asserts, but when you leave the spiritual teachings and assertion that the bible makes and begin to engage in other fields like science then you are doing the bible a great disservice because the bible is not a science text book, but a book of faith and spirituality. The very little physics that is contained in the bible is very contrary to the conventional physics that we know. To you as a believer the sun is a miracle but to the scientist it is not that is why the scientist spends most of his/her time trying to know much about it and through the painstaking research of the scientist we got to know that the bible has it wrong when it says that the sun moves from place to place. Through science we know what the components of the eyes are and how images are formed in the eyes, we know how to cure eye defects and correct them. The bible I am sorry to say has no explanation for all these things. What are the biblical explanation for how the eye functions? You know that the eye focus objects of varying distance at the speed of light through science not through your knowledge of the bible. What are the biblical explanation for all these? Does the book of genesis talk about how the eye functions? Does it talks about the science behind the formation of image on the retina?

You know this because science has explained it in great details what are the biblical explanations for all these? you wouldn't have known how the brain functions if you were left with the bible alone. You just described what science says about the hypothalamus and still say that how does science explain it? Did you get to know that the hypothalamus controls involuntary actions by reading the book of Genesis? If we were left with the bible alone we wouldn't have known what the hypothalamus is and how it functions.

Does the bible provided an answer to any of the questions you asked above? Does the bible really know how the sun operates? The bible talks about the sun moving from place to place but science has shown that the biblical assertion is false. If we were to go by the biblical assertion that God did it we wouldn't have known that the sun does not move from place to place.

I don't now if scientist say it all happened by chance, but we all came to know about the cells, genes and how they function though our knowledge of science not through the bible. What are the biblical explanations for any of this? You don't have to disprove science and the tremendous knowledge of the world it has helped us acquired because you want to prove the biblical assertions that we all believe through faith. The bible does not provide explanation for any of the things you have stated and I also find it funny that you use scientific explanations and the knowledge you have acquired through science to say that science does not explain your queries.  What are the biblical explanations for them? You don't have to be fighting so hard to disprove what the bible has no answers for. The entire Christian belief all boils down to faith, It does not provide explanation for anything at all with regards to how the earth and the universe functions. It only asserts that God created it.

I as a Christian can see that It is you who clearly does not know what you are talking about.
Re: Disbelief In God. by mazaje(m): 9:30am On May 29, 2009
davidylan:

don't we all love it when the deluded descendants of abraham loose it and begin to throw some tantrums? grin grin grin i do not have to know how the earth was formed to know that the bible has no explanation as to how the earth was formed, i do not have to know where u are at the moment but i know that you are definitely not in my house. . . . so because we are alive then your imaginary god must be the one that gave humans life. if i ask you to provide evidence to show how your yahweh did it you will begin another marathon of meaningless tantrums grin.  . . . . .we are not afraid of yahweh and what will happen to us after death because we KNOW that the bible and all the brouhaha of its life after death are all lies invented by humans to keep each other in line. i am not afraid of yahweh and anything that will happen to me when i die. i can even prove that to you.

Bleep YAHWEH, Bleep JESUS AND Bleep ALL THE GODS IN THE BIBLE. I am not afraid of those imaginary deities and i also KNOW that do not interfere with the world as it is in any way.  . ,  . they exist only in your deluded imaginations. what clue do you have on what exist on the other side of morality? what hope of tomorrow does the bible give you? what evidence do you have to show that human consciousness survives bodily death? deluded goons. . . . . .  i have seen that you also try to use history and science to disprove islam don't you? why do you cringe and feel bad when the same history and science is used to discredit most of the assertions of the bible?. . . . . . .we have NO guilt and fear what so ever, we only come here to show you that you have no better arguments than us whom your bible calls us fools for disbelieving its nonsensical assertions that have been discredited so many times and can not be supported in any way. . . . . .so atheist are drowning in their faithless destruction eh? grin grin. i believe you already know what faith means.  . . . . i will leave you to keep wallowing in your faithful delusion. deluded goon. be afraid be very afraid hell awaits you all for not believing in jesus  grin grin grin grin idiots. . . . . .
Re: Disbelief In God. by JJYOU: 9:43am On May 29, 2009
wbb
Re: Disbelief In God. by Horus(m): 11:29am On May 29, 2009
Was the God of the bible actually a God?. For example, God was uncertain where Adam was when Adam hid himself in the Garden of Eden. Surely a God that could create the universe and transcend time would be able to locate a hiding man. God only learns what has happened when he interrogates Eve. Then he acts. God also cannot determine where Abel happens to be after he has been slain by his brother. Again, he must gain his answers from Cain. God has to "look down" and see what is occurring in Shinar and he has to personally view the wickedness of man before destroying the cities of the plain.
Re: Disbelief In God. by jagunlabi(m): 11:40am On May 29, 2009
Depends on what people mean by "GOD".Afterall this is just a word and it has different meaning by different individuals.
Re: Disbelief In God. by bindex(m): 1:47pm On May 29, 2009
davidylan:

What do these wannabe descendants of Abraham actually know about science. Toneyb is talking about the science that has advanced the world to the extent that you and him can communicate over thousand of miles through a wireless network. 

Can you see how blind faith is making you sound very desperate and stupid? How is the sun a miracle? Science has more than explained what the Sun is, how it functions and what it consists of. Science has explained the size of the sun, its distance from the earth and other planets, and the gases that make up and constitute the Sun. What is your biblical explanation for the sun? A miracle that moves from place to place? Is that not what your bible says? grin grin. The bible says that there is nothing in the heavens that does not feel the heat of the sun but thanks to science we know that this is wrong becaue there are so many parts of our universe that do not feel the heat of the sun.

What about the Moon? The eyes, how it functions and what it is made up of. What is the biblical explanation for how the eye is able to focus on objects of varying distance and speed? How did you get to know that the eye has these abilities, did you know it through science or through reading the book of Jonah? through science we have come to know that there are different types of eyes(Pit eyes, Simple eyes, Pinhole eye etc ) We also came to know how images are formed in the eyes, eye defects and how to cure them. What are the biblical explanations for eye defects? The bible shamelessly says that evil spirits cause blindness.

The reason you got to know about the hypothalamus and how it functions is because science has told you that. What does your bible say about the brain and how it functions. Do the writers of the bible know how the brain functions? If they did why then did they say that people reason and think with their hearts? Is there any such word as brain in the bible, do the writers of the bible even know that humans have a brain? Do they know that all the complex activities of reasoning and function is controlled by the brain? Why are they always referring to people reasoning with their hearts? Do people reason with their hearts as the bible puts it?

In your haste to display that you have some little knowledge of science you ended up discrediting your self entirely. Has the bible ever explained to you the action behind motor neurones? What does your bible have to say about the sun and how it is positioned in the sky? I will urge you to read the book of psalms in your bible to see how the "divinely inspired" writer displayed his ignorance of how the sun operates. Everything you know about the moon you know through your knowledge of science not through the bible.The bible says that God makes two lights "the greater light (the sun) to rule the day, and the lesser light (the moon) to rule the night." But the moon is not a light as science has shown, but only reflects light from the sun. And why, if God made the moon to "rule the night", does it spend half of its time moving through the daytime sky?

Thanks to science we now know that the planet is billions of years old, your fellow bible trumpeters are all over the place telling us that the planet is only about 10,000 years old based on their calculations from the bible. All we know about genes and how they function we know through science. What have your own bible got to say about genes? Your bible says that showing striped sticks to goats while they mate help them produce multicoloured offspring? What kind of nonsense is this? Care to explain how this genetic engineering feat can be archived? You haven't explained how your own god has given us two eyes and nostrils. By the way the eye is not perfectly designed. The Genesis 1 creation account conflicts with the order of events that are known to science. In Genesis, the earth is created before light and stars, birds and whales before reptiles and insects, and flowering plants before any animals. The order of events known from science is just the opposite.

Do you retarded wannabe descendants of the mythical Abraham have any science that really works in you so called "holy book of knowledge"? Thanks to science and how it operates we now know that the entire creation narrative in Genesis is just a senseless drivel. How has you" God did it" hypothesis ever explained anything. If were were to go by your" god did it" delusion, would we have been able to provide cure for diseases, protect our selves from some natural disasters  and know more about how the forces of nature operate? As some other poster has pointed out there is very little science in the bible and all of the little science it talks about has been discredited by the conventional science. In your haste to defend the indefensible you only helped in totally discrediting your self.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Badriyyah(f): 2:01pm On May 29, 2009
dalaman:

I like your tenacity I must confess but you are always trying too hard. It is good to defend the the bible and what it asserts, but when you leave the spiritual teachings and assertion that the bible makes and begin to engage in other fields like science then you are doing the bible a great disservice because the bible is not a science text book, but a book of faith and spirituality. The very little physics that is contained in the bible is very contrary to the conventional physics that we know. To you as a believer the sun is a miracle but to the scientist it is not that is why the scientist spends most of his/her time trying to know much about it and through the painstaking research of the scientist we got to know that the bible has it wrong when it says that the sun moves from place to place. Through science we know what the components of the eyes are and how images are formed in the eyes, we know how to cure eye defects and correct them. The bible I am sorry to say has no explanation for all these things. What are the biblical explanation for how the eye functions? You know that the eye focus objects of varying distance at the speed of light through science not through your knowledge of the bible. What are the biblical explanation for all these? Does the book of genesis talk about how the eye functions? Does it talks about the science behind the formation of image on the retina?

You know this because science has explained it in great details what are the biblical explanations for all these? you wouldn't have known how the brain functions if you were left with the bible alone. You just described what science says about the hypothalamus and still say that how does science explain it? Did you get to know that the hypothalamus controls involuntary actions by reading the book of Genesis? If we were left with the bible alone we wouldn't have known what the hypothalamus is and how it functions.

Does the bible provided an answer to any of the questions you asked above? Does the bible really know how the sun operates? The bible talks about the sun moving from place to place but science has shown that the biblical assertion is false. If we were to go by the biblical assertion that God did it we wouldn't have known that the sun does not move from place to place.

I don't now if scientist say it all happened by chance, but we all came to know about the cells, genes and how they function though our knowledge of science not through the bible. What are the biblical explanations for any of this? You don't have to disprove science and the tremendous knowledge of the world it has helped us acquired because you want to prove the biblical assertions that we all believe through faith. The bible does not provide explanation for any of the things you have stated and I also find it funny that you use scientific explanations and the knowledge you have acquired through science to say that science does not explain your queries.  What are the biblical explanations for them? You don't have to be fighting so hard to disprove what the bible has no answers for. The entire Christian belief all boils down to faith, It does not provide explanation for anything at all with regards to how the earth and the universe functions. It only asserts that God created it.

I as a Christian can see that It is you who clearly does not know what you are talking about.

Great Post!!
Re: Disbelief In God. by ugo2u(m): 2:35pm On May 29, 2009
@davidylan

you have tried to best, waste not your energy on these sceince cowards, they say the universe was as a result of the big bang, what caused the big bang? You say evolution is the key why hasnt giraffe,lion, tiger and others learned to build mobile phones, cook food and wear clothes, where did they say the sun moved in the bible? Read it well ok, the king wanted the sun to move some degrees back, but did he know how it happened? Joshua commanded the sun to keep still and it did, did it say how? Man must kill himself to know what is, why, Blah,blah,blah,

Everyone is not God's own so you dont expect everyone to believe in Him, but if you do, treasure it and leave them to their science, after all God never bothered Himself about scientist and atheist, so why argue?

in their hearts there is a vacuum that is meant for God and deep down they know it but try miserably to explain it with sciene but the fail because God is a spirit and only a recreated spirit can understand Him.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Tudor3(m): 2:49pm On May 29, 2009
^^^ o.k genius, since scientists don't know how the big bang occured,answer me this- how did god create the universe? Who/what created god? How did god begin,was he there right from time,how did he/she/it come into existence? Out of the billions of planets and galaxies,why did he choose earth to create life?
You should have answers to these coz you sound so sure of yourself.
Re: Disbelief In God. by bindex(m): 3:05pm On May 29, 2009
ugo_2u:

@davidylan

you have tried to best, waste not your energy on these sceince cowards, they say the universe was as a result of the big bang, what caused the big bang? You say evolution is the key why hasnt giraffe,lion, tiger and others learned to build mobile phones, cook food and wear clothes, where did they say the sun moved in the bible? Read it well ok, the king wanted the sun to move some degrees back, but did he know how it happened? Joshua commanded the sun to keep still and it did, did it say how? Man must kill himself to know what is, why,  Blah,blah,blah,  

Here we go again with the senseless rants of another wannabe descendant of Abraham. I am sorry to tell you that most of the Christians i know here in Europe believe more in the big bang that in the creation accounts of genesis. The creation accounts is only believed by the mostly ignorant Christians who do not know much about how the forces of nature operate. Sorry but more Christians believe in evolution than atheist, go figure it out. You wannabe descendants of Abraham never read your bible at all.

Ecc 1:5 The sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises.

What is this nonsense drivel about Joshua commanding the sun to keep still?

Everyone is not God's own so you dont expect everyone to believe in Him, but if you do, treasure it and leave them to their science, after all God never bothered Himself about scientist and atheist, so why argue?

OK we don hear anything more?  grin grin grin

in their hearts there is a vacuum that is meant for God and deep down they know it but try miserably to explain it with sciene but the fail because God is a spirit and only a recreated spirit can understand Him.

Can you use your recreated spirit to help us understand the science behind the Jacobs genetic engineering model or the science behind the bible which says that the sun moves from place to place?  grin grin
Re: Disbelief In God. by Horus(m): 3:42pm On May 29, 2009
Tùdor:

how did god create the universe? Who/what created god? How did god begin,was he there right from time,how did he/she/it come into existence? Out of the billions of planets and galaxies,why did he choose earth to create life?
You should have answers to these coz you sound so sure of yourself.
You ask some very good questions. If God created the universe simply for the Earth he wasted a lot of material on the project. There are an estimate 100 billion solar systems in our galaxy and over 1 million galaxies in the universe. That's a lot of material just to maintain one, healthy planet. Even if God is all-powerful, he is either a very poor planner or we have seriously misidentified our significance to him.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 29, 2009
dalaman:

I don't now if scientist say it all happened by chance, but we all came to know about the cells, genes and how they function though our knowledge of science not through the bible. What are the biblical explanations for any of this? You don't have to disprove science and the tremendous knowledge of the world it has helped us acquired because you want to prove the biblical assertions that we all believe through faith. The bible does not provide explanation for any of the things you have stated and I also find it funny that you use scientific explanations and the knowledge you have acquired through science to say that science does not explain your queries. What are the biblical explanations for them? You don't have to be fighting so hard to disprove what the bible has no answers for. The entire Christian belief all boils down to faith, It does not provide explanation for anything at all with regards to how the earth and the universe functions. It only asserts that God created it.

All this can be summed up in a single sentence - you simply do not understand my side of the story but are simply writing out of a pre-concieved anti-me bias based on earlier interaction on previous posts.

I said this on another post and will repeat it here - rather than science being an indictment against the bible, it has actually turned out to be an important tool in understanding how amazing God really is. Is the bible a science textbook? No. and i have never intimated so.
Is science bad? No! If not i wouldnt be a scientist myself.

The bible actively promoted learning, one of the early disciples (Luke) was a greek doctor, obviously he wasnt practicing his trade by reading the teachings of Christ alone! Simon was a fisherman, a trade that required at least a rudimentary knowledge of oceanography . . . did that stop him from being one of the leaders of the early church? No.

So the problem here is NOT science . . . you seem to have the idea that i'm saying science is bad and we shld simply hug the bible . . . that is far far from the truth. [/b]The bible was not written by a bunch of learned scientists so obviously there was a lot they didnt know about the world around us, no one expects to go read the bible to understand the principles of physics . . . infact Genesis simply says "let there be light" . . . we are not told the speed of that light, anything about how it is reflected, nothing on its physical properties . . . we simply know that "and there was light".

Another point in your diatribe that caught my attention was this - [b]You don't have to disprove science and the tremendous knowledge of the world it has helped us acquired because you want to prove the biblical assertions that we all believe through faith.

where in any of my earlier posts was i trying to "disprove science"? shocked I am a scientist-in-training, why would i want to disprove my own profession? Does that make a shred of sense?

My point was simple - science has taught us a ton . . . but is it the answer to the most critical questions about how the earth appeared, why we could not have simply appeared by chance or "evolved" from simple organisms? Apparently NO!
Science has its limits . . . it is just sad that many who dont even understand the basic principles of science try to use it as a cloak to justify their unbelief.

It is one-thing to doubt the bible, i have no problems with that . . . but to use UNVERIFIED, UNSUBSTANTIATED scientific theories to debunk the theory of creation is pretty absurd.

It would be a cold day in hell the moment many of you start commenting on topics free of bias and without coming here with a chip on your shoulders.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 29, 2009
I see many of the deluded atheists are also making the same mistake (is this deliberate?) that dalaman also made.

The problem isnt about science AT ALL.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Tudor3(m): 3:55pm On May 29, 2009
Yes and if god did create aliens at least one of them galaxies, surely it should have been written in genesis ''And god also created 'ALIENS' in his own image and likeness''
Re: Disbelief In God. by huxley2(m): 3:58pm On May 29, 2009
davidylan:

All this can be summed up in a single sentence - you simply do not understand my side of the story but are simply writing out of a pre-concieved anti-me bias based on earlier interaction on previous posts.

I said this on another post and will repeat it here - rather than science being an indictment against the bible, it has actually turned out to be an important tool in understanding how amazing God really is. Is the bible a science textbook? No. and i have never intimated so.
Is science bad? No! If not i wouldnt be a scientist myself.

The bible actively promoted learning, one of the early disciples (Luke) was a greek doctor, obviously he wasnt practicing his trade by reading the teachings of Christ alone! Simon was a fisherman, a trade that required at least a rudimentary knowledge of oceanography . . . did that stop him from being one of the leaders of the early church? No.

So the problem here is NOT science . . . you seem to have the idea that i'm saying science is bad and we shld simply hug the bible . . . that is far far from the truth. [/b]The bible was not written by a bunch of learned scientists so obviously there was a lot they didnt know about the world around us, no one expects to go read the bible to understand the principles of physics . . . infact Genesis simply says "let there be light" . . . we are not told the speed of that light, anything about how it is reflected, nothing on its physical properties . . . we simply know that "and there was light".

Another point in your diatribe that caught my attention was this - [b]You don't have to disprove science and the tremendous knowledge of the world it has helped us acquired because you want to prove the biblical assertions that we all believe through faith.

where in any of my earlier posts was i trying to "disprove science"?  shocked [size=18pt]I am a scientist-in-training, why would i want to disprove my own profession[/size]? Does that make a shred of sense?

My point was simple - science has taught us a ton . . . but is it the answer to the most critical questions about how the earth appeared, why we could not have simply appeared by chance or "evolved" from simple organisms? Apparently NO!
Science has its limits . . . it is just sad that many who dont even understand the basic principles of science try to use it as a cloak to justify their unbelief.

It is one-thing to doubt the bible, i have no problems with that . . . but to use UNVERIFIED, UNSUBSTANTIATED scientific theories to debunk the theory of creation is pretty absurd.

It would be a cold day in hell the moment many of you start commenting on topics free of bias and without coming here with a chip on your shoulders.

You cannot be serious!!!!  Are your for real - A scientist in training?   Have you imbibed the principles and philosophy of the scientific method?   It does not look like you have.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 29, 2009
huxley2:

You cannot be serious!!!!  Are your for real - A scientist in training?   Have you imbibed the principles and philosophy of the scientific method?   It does not look like you have.

Is that the topic of the thread? undecided When you block heads hit a dead-end you start grasping at straws.

Tùdor:

Yes and if god did create aliens at least one of them galaxies, surely it should have been written in genesis ''And god also created 'ALIENS' in his own image and likeness''

But that is your own opinion. you dont know what was of utmost priority in the mind of the bible writers. If they had to write down EVERYTHING you expect to find in the bible we'd probably need a truck to carry it to church on sunday.
Re: Disbelief In God. by noetic2: 4:04pm On May 29, 2009
why are Mr B's advocates derailing this thread?

What is the scientific evidence for the non-existence of GOD?

What is the intellectual analyses/evidence that suggests the non-existence of GOD?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Can I Help God Fulfill His Promises? / Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 / God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 184
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.