Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,153 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Disbelief In God. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Disbelief In God. (5992 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Disbelief In Yahweh As The Creator God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 31, 2009
An atheist is one who thinks he knows it all but actually knows nothing.

You've been unable to disprove God exist. You've been unable to explain the origin of the sun, stars, rain, air.
Why disprove what you cannot prove. Better to keep quiet and stand aloof.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Krayola(m): 5:41pm On May 31, 2009
Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 31, 2009
krayola, is that the best you can do? grin
Re: Disbelief In God. by Krayola(m): 5:53pm On May 31, 2009
haha,  This debate is pointless,  like anyone is really going to PROVE anything,

I believe people need to learn about other religions, and not just the ones they were born into. And when i say learn i mean educate themselves, and not listen to the authorities from within the religions. The more people learn about religions in general, the more they will see that they have a lot in common, and that they are all man made. That does not mean they are meaningless, because I think our ancestors had a more complete appreciation of reality. . . but they attempted to define things they did not understand, and we have taken their attempts as FACTS and LAW aka religion. .  and people hold on to these without understanding what they are really dealing with.

both sides are missin the point IMO,  The faithful are overly defensive and won't question their religious authorities. . .  the non-believers are so confrontational (and cynical) that no one wants to listen to them. lol,  it is just one big mess
Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 31, 2009
Krayola:

haha,  This debate is pointless,  like anyone is really going to PROVE anything,

I believe people need to learn about other religions, and not just the ones they were born into. And when i say learn i mean educate themselves, and not listen to the authorities from within the religions. The more people learn about religions in general, the more they will see that they have a lot in common, and that they are all man made. That does not mean they are meaningless, because I think our ancestors had a more complete appreciation of reality. . . but they attempted to define things they did not understand, and we have taken their attempts as FACTS and LAW aka religion. .  and people hold on to these without understanding what they are really dealing with.

both sides are missin the point IMO,  The faithful are overly defensive and won't question their religious authorities. . .  the non-believers are too confrontational that no one wants to listen to them. lol,  it is just one big mess

that is your own opinion.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Krayola(m): 5:55pm On May 31, 2009
It is, but i believe it is a very educated opinion, that i can defend.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 31, 2009
Krayola:

It is, but i believe it is a very educated opinion, that i can defend.

you flatter yourself my brother. I await your defence.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Krayola(m): 5:58pm On May 31, 2009
haha, u go wait tire.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 31, 2009
Krayola:

haha, u go wait tire.

of course . . . blowhards cant be relied on to support their own claims.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Krayola(m): 6:23pm On May 31, 2009
Its a pointless exercise.

Blow-hard? how did you get that impression? You seem to be the one on a mission. . .
Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 31, 2009
Krayola:

Blow-hard? how did you get that impression? You seem to be the one on a mission. . .

but it wasnt "pointless" to come here making claims you cant substantiate no? Its easier to just come and make a faulty statement . . . ask you to explain and we hear the same "pointless" excuse.
you've been on the thread over 2 hrs . . . yeah tell me something about it being "pointless" again.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Krayola(m): 6:29pm On May 31, 2009
who is "blowing-hard" now?

I posted this earlier, it still applies
Krayola:

When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

Henry Roberts (1901-1971)
Re: Disbelief In God. by bindex(m): 6:38pm On May 31, 2009
Krayola:

He is on a mission to let you know that his own religion is not man made when all he has as evidence to show that his religion is not man made is a book that was written by men(his god did not write any part of the bible), redacted and edited by men, put together by men who chose what was the word of god and what was not the word of god through votes and yet this same religion is not man made grin grin.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 31, 2009
Krayola:

who is "blowing-hard" now?

I posted this earlier, it still applies

I think you need to look up the term "blowhard".

As regards your quote (the refuge of those who shout the loudest about disbelief), it could not be further from the truth. you and i dont share the same spiritual desires. You dismiss God because you've never known Him, have no desire to and have no intention of submitting your will and your predilection for sin under the guidance of the Holy Ghost.

I on the other hand "dismiss" other "gods" because i have found the one TRUE GOD . . . the one in whom i live, move and have my being . . . the one i personally experience on a daily basis.

your quote can only make sense if you are comparing yourself with a nominal religionist.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 31, 2009
bindex:

He is on a mission to let you know that his own religion is not man made when all he has as evidence to show that his religion is not man made is a book that was written by men(his god did not write any part of the bible), redacted and edited by men, put together by men who chose what was the word of god and what was not the word of god through votes and yet this same religion is not man made grin grin.

same ol' same ol' . . . plenty of scoffing, very little substance.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Krayola(m): 6:43pm On May 31, 2009
My point exactly. . .
davidylan:

I think you need to look up the term "blowhard".

As regards your quote (the refuge of those who shout the loudest about disbelief), it could not be further from the truth. you and i dont share the same spiritual desires. You dismiss God because you've never known Him, have no desire to and have no intention of submitting your will and your predilection for sin under the guidance of the Holy Ghost.

I on the other hand "dismiss" other "gods" because i have found the one TRUE GOD . . . the one in whom i live, move and have my being . . . the one i personally experience on a daily basis.

your quote can only make sense if you are comparing yourself with a nominal religionist.

as for the bold part, that is you making judgments. .  something your God condemns. .  YOu are not being a good ambassador of your faith. In fact the more I get to know you the less interested I am in Knowing your God.
Re: Disbelief In God. by bindex(m): 6:47pm On May 31, 2009
davidylan:

same ol' same ol' . . . plenty of scoffing, very little substance.

Is there any thing that I have written that is not true?  grin grin. Your god did not even write a word in his holy book. everything written in it was written by men, the books to be included in it as the word of your god were voted upon by men yet this religion is not man made. grin grin
Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 31, 2009
Krayola:

My point exactly. . .

as for the bold part, that is you making judgments. .  something your God condemns. .  YOu are not being a good ambassador of your faith. In fact the more I get to know you the less interested I am in Knowing your God.

1. A lot of biblical terms are routinely abused by those seeking a cloak for their unrighteousness. Telling you the plain FACT that you are unsaved is not a judgement. Christ, John the Baptist all said as much to the pharisees and sadducees who at least still believed in the God of Moses.

2. God condemns judgement, He doesnt condemn the truth. Infact He endorses it.

3. I'm not sure you understand what it means to be an ambassador of my faith . . . you seem to assume it entails kowtowing to you. Christ called the pharisees sons of vipers.

4. You were never interested in knowing my God. Dont let us waste both our time. Christ told the disciples to wipe the dust off their feet when they leave the homes of those uninterested in the gospel . . . we are also told not to cast pearls before swine.
Whether you choose to serve God or not is your own business . . . you wont have the excuse that you didnt hear on the last day.
Re: Disbelief In God. by bindex(m): 6:51pm On May 31, 2009
davidylan:

1. A lot of biblical terms are routinely abused by those seeking a cloak for their unrighteousness. Telling you the plain FACT that you are unsaved is not a judgement. Christ, John the Baptist all said as much to the pharisees and sadducees who at least still believed in the God of Moses.

3. I'm not sure you understand what it means to be an ambassador of my faith . . . you seem to assume it entails kowtowing to you. Christ called the pharisees sons of vipers.

4. You were never interested in knowing my God. Dont let us waste both our time. Christ told the disciples to wipe the dust off their feet when they leave the homes of those uninterested in the gospel . . . we are also told not to cast pearls before swine.
Whether you choose to serve God or not is your own business . . . you wont have the excuse that you didnt hear on the last day.

Last day grin grin
Re: Disbelief In God. by Krayola(m): 6:58pm On May 31, 2009
davidylan:

Okay, I want to know your God. Please enlighten me. How is he/she superior to say, the God of the Hindus?
Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 31, 2009
Krayola:

Okay, I want to know your God. Please enlighten me. How is he superior to say, the God of the Hindus?

haha, u go wait tire.

Re: Disbelief In God. by Krayola(m): 7:05pm On May 31, 2009
haha, stop stealing my lines. come up with ur own sh!t.

The more you learn about other religions, the more you know about yours. The reason why religions are so insulated is because religion and state used to be one and the same thing. So back then for example, state 1 vs state 2 in a war was the same thing as our God vs your God. SO every other God is evil, the enemy, and of the devil. They think the same of you. The religions themselves have noble beginnings. . . it is man (politics, the quest for territorial expansion, etc) that turned them all into the nonsense they are today. The truth will set you free. . but you have to genuinely seek it. . with an open mind.
Re: Disbelief In God. by bindex(m): 7:09pm On May 31, 2009
Krayola:

haha, stop stealing my lines. come up with ur own sh!t.

The more you learn about other religions, the more you know about yours. [b]The reason why religions are so insulated is because religion and state used to be one and the same thing. So back then for example, state 1 vs state 2 in a war was the same thing as our God vs your God. SO every other God is evil, the enemy, and of the devil. [/b]They think the same of you. The religions themselves have noble beginnings. . . it is man (politics, the quest for territorial expansion, etc) that turned them all into the nonsense they are today. The truth will set you free. . but you have to genuinely seek it. . with an open mind.

One thing comes to mind, The old testament.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 31, 2009
Krayola:

haha,  stop stealing my lines. come up with ur own sh!t.

i didnt "steal" your lines. I deliberately went and reposted them just to see your reaction. You know, someone said on another thread . . . you fools feel enboldened and "knowledgeable" when you go on your "explain this, prove that" rant . . . any attempt to make you expantiate on your own end and all we get is "it is pointless".

I no longer respond to questions from cowards.

Krayola:

The more you learn about other religions, the more you know about yours. The reason why religions are so insulated is because religion and state used to be one and the same thing. So back then for example, state 1 vs state 2 in a war was the same thing as our God vs your God. SO every other God is evil, the enemy, and of the devil. They think the same of you. The religions themselves have noble beginnings. . .  it is man (politics, the quest for territorial expansion, etc) that turned them all into the nonsense they are today. The truth will set you free. .  but you have to genuinely seek it. .  with an open mind.

funny enough you copied a biblical quote to burnish a completely nebulous post.

I doubt you understand what you even wrote . . . i'm not going to bother asking you to explain.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 31, 2009
Krayola:

haha,  stop stealing my lines. come up with ur own sh!t.

The more you learn about other religions, the more you know about yours. The reason why religions are so insulated is because religion and state used to be one and the same thing. So back then for example, state 1 vs state 2 in a war was the same thing as our God vs your God. SO every other God is evil, the enemy, and of the devil. They think the same of you. The religions themselves have noble beginnings. . .  it is man (politics, the quest for territorial expansion, etc) that turned them all into the nonsense they are today. The truth will set you free. .  but you have to genuinely seek it. .  with an open mind.

Pretty daft . . . the Romans captured and enslaved the jews . . . it had nothing to do with gods. Ditto the Babylonians, Persians . . .
the jews were slaves of Egypt for close to 500 yrs . . . i doubt Pharaoh knew who was Jehovah before Moses appeared before him.

but as usual go ahead with the long long posts that are desperately short on anything intellectual. Posting shld not be solely about stringing words together.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 31, 2009
What i have basically come to conclude is that many of you "God doesnt exist" fools HAVE NO IDEA WHY YOU HAVE THAT BELIEF. You really dont understand where you stand, you are only here seeking validation of your state of mind . . . which is why we CONSTANTLY get all of you asking basically the same question - prove that God exists.

If you already WERE SECURE IN THE KNOWLEDGE THAT GOD DOESNT EXIST, i doubt you'd be bothered to spend even 10 secs on this section.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Krayola(m): 7:16pm On May 31, 2009
davidylan:

Pretty daft . . . the Romans captured and enslaved the jews . . . it had nothing to do with gods. Ditto the Babylonians, Persians . . .

daft? Jesus would spank you if he read that. Say three Hail Marys and be generous when the collection pot reaches you. You may go, my child.

And the jews developed an apocalyptic interpretation of the "prophecies" of their faith. What u now call the book of revelation. . .  and take that as divine revelation of someone coming on a horse in the skies to save you.  

I have read the bible. Numerous times. .  and commentaries on the Bible. .  and responses to the commentaries. .  and written research papers. .  orisi risi. . But I have done the same for other religions as well. .  so unlike you my knowledge is neither superficial, nor one sided.

I quoted the bible because it contains a lot of wisdom, just like all the other holy texts that some christians claim are of the devil.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Krayola(m): 7:18pm On May 31, 2009
davidylan:

What i have basically come to conclude is that many of you "God doesnt exist" fools HAVE NO IDEA WHY YOU HAVE THAT BELIEF. You really dont understand where you stand, you are only here seeking validation of your state of mind . . . which is why we CONSTANTLY get all of you asking basically the same question - prove that God exists.

If you already WERE SECURE IN THE KNOWLEDGE THAT GOD DOESNT EXIST, i doubt you'd be bothered to spend even 10 secs on this section.

PROVE to me that there isn't a cockroach in your brain, since you are so big on "proof". If you can't there definitely is one there because i SAID so. That is how pathetic your line of reasoning is.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 31, 2009
Krayola:

And the jews developed an apocalyptic interpretation of the "prophecies" of their faith. What u now call the book of revelation. . .  and take that as divine revelation of someone coming on a horse in the skies to save you.  

Again you show your complete naivete or ignorance. Jews dont even believe in the Messiah and thus dont believe the new testament letters. Infact much of the resistance to the early apostles who wrote the New testament INCLUDING Revelations came from JEWS!
How did Jews develop the book of revelations? A book about a Jesus Christ they dont believe in? Go tell this to a jew . . . watch him laugh at your foolishness.

I cant stop chuckling to myself . . .

Krayola:

I have read the bible. Numerous times. .  and commentaries on the Bible. .  and responses to the commentaries. .  and written research papers. .  orisi risi. . But I have done the same for other religions as well. .  s[b]o unlike you my knowledge is neither superficial, nor one sided.[/b]

the earlier quote from you makes nonsense of this claim. Reading is not the same thing as comprehending what you read.

Krayola:

I quoted the bible because i[b]t contains a lot of wisdom[/b], just like all the other holy texts that christians claim are of the devil.

you're basically wasting time, you may as well read shakespeare.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 31, 2009
Krayola:

PROVE to me that there isn't a cockroach in your brain, since you are so big on "proof". If you can't there definitely is one there because i SAID so. That is how pathetic your line of reasoning is.

i must have struck a nerve.
Re: Disbelief In God. by bindex(m): 7:23pm On May 31, 2009
davidylan:

the jews were slaves of Egypt for close to 500 yrs . . . i doubt Pharaoh knew who was Jehovah before Moses appeared before him.

but as usual go ahead with the long long posts that are desperately short on anything intellectual. Posting shld not be solely about stringing words together.

Most of the wars that were fought in your own bible were fought because your god told his chosen men to fight the others for worshipping other gods, I believe that was what the guys was trying to say.

davidylan:

You flatter yourself a lot. you make an assertion and quickly assume that is true, I am here because I want you " a fool says in his heart that there is no god" to see how nonsensical your assertions and postulations about your god are. If you really believe that the koran is false you will not be all over the islamic thread trying to tell them how wrong their koran is.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Krayola(m): 7:32pm On May 31, 2009
davidylan:

Again you show your complete naivete or ignorance. Jews dont even believe in the Messiah and thus dont believe the new testament letters. Infact much of the resistance to the early apostles who wrote the New testament INCLUDING Revelations came from JEWS!

Like I said, your knowledge of this stuff is very superficial. the Jews believe in a Messiah. Just not Jesus. They were looking for a political messiah to rescue them from the Romans which is why they refused Jesus.

Not all Jews rejected Jesus. The Earliest `christians`, Jesus movements as they are generally called, were made up of Jews. . .  This was before Paul. They went around preaching about the saviour and became scornful when people refused to listen. . .  they then started to develop their own apocalyptic message, about punishment, the damnation of those that did not accept, etc etc. their sayings were compiled, with their stories of Jesus, and is used as a source in Matthew and Luke. . .  

The Bible is a propaganda tool. . .  on so many levels.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) / Fellow Satanists, Experiences With Chanelling Spirits / Can A Church Change One's Character?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.