Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,571 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Disbelief In God. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Disbelief In God. (5994 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Disbelief In Yahweh As The Creator God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disbelief In God. by noetic16(m): 7:15pm On Jun 30, 2010
^^^ I laugh in swahili grin
Re: Disbelief In God. by Jenwitemi(m): 8:13pm On Jun 30, 2010
Since none of the "contesting" parties can prove or disprove the existence or non-existence of God, has any of these two parties ever come to the conclusion that the whole debate is an exercise in time wasting?
The theists are never going to convincingly prove the existence of God to atheists. The atheists are never going to convincingly prove the non-existence of God to the theists. So . . . what exactly is the point of continually trying?
Re: Disbelief In God. by Jenwitemi(m): 8:22pm On Jun 30, 2010
My own disbelief lies with the claim that the jewish deity,Yahweh, is the creator God. I can prove that to be not true, and with the bible too. The easiest thing in the world. grin
Re: Disbelief In God. by noetic16(m): 8:43pm On Jun 30, 2010
^^^^ really? please present ur case.
Re: Disbelief In God. by vescucci(m): 12:41am On Jul 01, 2010
Absolutely no offence meant here Noetic but I'm just curious. I must have seen a dozen versions of Noetic around and I'm wondering if you're all the same person. Are you?
Re: Disbelief In God. by noetic16(m): 7:08pm On Jul 11, 2010
yes its one and the same noetic. . .I was banned on several occasions for daring to air my opinion. . . .why did u ask?
Re: Disbelief In God. by vescucci(m): 8:03pm On Jul 11, 2010
Oh, I didn't know the other ids were banned. I just didn't want to be talking to different people thinking I'm talking to one. Also I vaguely recall Noetic kinda endorsing something akin to indigenous religion before like one Horus dude. May be my mistake though
Re: Disbelief In God. by noetic16(m): 8:48pm On Jul 11, 2010
^^^ Noetic will never endorse idolatry
Re: Disbelief In God. by vescucci(m): 11:36pm On Jul 11, 2010
Yeah, I kinda gathered that it was far fetched. Nice to know. So, uh, you've been banned 16 times?
Re: Disbelief In God. by blackspade(m): 7:54am On Jul 12, 2010
I believe in science. . . .but the 'what ifs' and 'maybes' of the world do sometimes interest me.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Jenwitemi(m): 8:41am On Jul 12, 2010
But you already worship a jewish idol(yahweh) and his son(jesus), making it two idols. That makes you a double idolator, noetic.
noetic16:

^^^ Noetic will never endorse idolatry
Re: Disbelief In God. by vescucci(m): 10:41am On Jul 12, 2010
But might not he as well, since the Creator God, who is all heart, does not take offence.
Re: Disbelief In God. by Iyineda(m): 11:42am On Jul 12, 2010
I am agnostic, not an aethist. That means that I am sceptical about the existence of a superior force/entity without being given tangible facts that are in the reach of human understanding.
I cannot say uncategorically that "God" does not exist as faith is something I deeply respect and see as essential because it enable us to have purpose in life and it gives us a certain idea on why we are all here, on this planet.

However, one thing I do know is that religion - which seems to be confused with belief/faith - is the biggest hoax in the history of humanity. A mass illusion cast to trick the weak(-minded).
Religion, dogma, those are all institutions. In other words, they are man-made; hence subjected to all the flaws that are inherent to human nature (notably manipulation, lies, lust for power and domination, etc).

So in a sort of response to the thread, I will say that neither Mr A nor Mr B can come out as winners in their dialectics. But Mr B should at least be given credit for trying to explain his arguments with facts within the grasp of other people that makes it possible to repudiate. But with Mr A's approach, the co-debatee is already in the wrong because divine scripts CANNOT be refuted. Why, you ask? Well, that's just how it is. Believe it. . . or BELIEVE IT! Your choice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) / How Can I Help God Fulfill His Promises? / Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.