Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,417 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

The Hard Truth About Your Salary - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Hard Truth About Your Salary (57051 Views)

Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs / 7 Ways You Waste Your Salary Without Knowing / Describe Your Salary With A Movie Title!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by anonimi: 2:40pm On Dec 03, 2015
Good motivational post.
However did we factor in the COST to earn the income for the entrepreneurs and TAXES

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855943_fbimg1441954343278_jpegb9ba8c23f4f4d3716a9f5a1365fc8b16

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by collinsy2: 2:40pm On Dec 03, 2015
This is so absurd . Yet some end time state governors are contemplating reducing minimum wage!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by Richy4(m): 2:41pm On Dec 03, 2015
Hmmmm!!!!!!! Are you serious that a level 12 officer earn #60, 000 per month in civil service?

How will they cope with that?
Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by valencia25(m): 2:41pm On Dec 03, 2015
I don't even know what to type.

1 Like

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 03, 2015
OP, get this into your own head.... Not everyone works for the money. There is something called passion and that's is joy in what you are doing. Did you remove the value of cost/ operational expense from the hawker and driver and whatever you mentioned up there?

7 Likes

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by dbatty: 2:46pm On Dec 03, 2015
Nice Job @OP

let me add here that salary
S=something
A=always
L=low
A=and
R=reducing
Y=yearly.

all rights reserved

the economic reality of the present Nigeria is enough opportunity to get up and run and stop being limbos

2 Likes

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by anonimi: 2:47pm On Dec 03, 2015

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by ManTiger(m): 2:47pm On Dec 03, 2015
hahn:
cc: lalasticlala, this is a very interesting point of view that needs to be shared with Nigerians.

Password: Tonto Dike grin
Hahahahahahahahahah grin grin grin

That's the password bro. Anything with Tonto makes fp.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by hahn(m): 2:47pm On Dec 03, 2015
Walkopet:
[size=18pt]Nairalanders, Abeg who help me see sile12, e don tey wey I see d guy's post last o[/size]

His new ID is explorers and he is keeping it real as ever grin

2 Likes

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by wristbangle: 2:47pm On Dec 03, 2015
This is really an eye opener. Kudos Op cool

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by hahn(m): 2:48pm On Dec 03, 2015
ExInferis:
There's a difference between salaries and wages. Whoever is earning salary usually has some other benefits. Bank employees and oil company workers also earn bonuses, grants, loans, vacation, health and other packages.

Wage earners on the other hand have just their earnings and that's it. Salaries are guaranteed while wages are dependent on revenue.

In the US most people prefer salaries to hour rates, which are just wages.

This is a Nigerian forum undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by ePlanet: 2:48pm On Dec 03, 2015
chymystique:
Spot on and so apt! Sincerely, Enterpreneurship and having one's own business is the real deal now..... This should be a motivation for those who aint thinking outside the box to start doing so

Itz not about school degree no more, itz about the skills u have aquired.

But op, as much as i see sense in dis street reasoning, the truck pusher suffers A lot unlike guys in chilled offices, have u sen them sweat? Lol.
Manual labour kills overtime, smart work enriches overtime n promotes healthy living.

Be the boss, CHECK MY SIGNATURE, EPLANET ICT SOLUTIONS EMPOWERS D FUTURE.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by Alexgeneration(m): 2:48pm On Dec 03, 2015
This is very true

1 Like

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by hahn(m): 2:49pm On Dec 03, 2015
ManTiger:

Hahahahahahahahahah grin grin grin

That's the password bro. Anything with Tonto makes fp.

Yes na grin
Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by anonimi: 2:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
collinsy2:
This is so absurd . Yet some end time state governors are contemplating reducing minimum wage!!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by maximunimpact(m): 2:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
Those who are too scared to pursue their dreams work harder to make another man's dream come through.

=Fact=

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by spacyzuma(m): 2:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
sad This is deeply thought-provoking.

However, while I agree that it's very smart to have more than one source of income/revenue, I have to say that not everyone is able to be an enterpreneur and handle a business.

Same way as not everyone is meant to earn a salary.

And whether one is running a business or earning a salary, the Nigerian economy right now is not friendly to most of us. sad

3 Likes

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by daniska3yaro(m): 2:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
Hmmm
Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by davechelseafan(m): 2:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
Nice
Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by initialize(m): 2:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
Good
Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by hahn(m): 2:51pm On Dec 03, 2015
ePlanet:

Itz not about school degree no more, itz about the skills u have aquired.

But op, as much as i see sense in dis street reasoning, the truck pusher suffers Alto unlike guys in chilled offices, have u see them sweat? Lol.
Manual labour kills overtime, smart work enriches overtime n promotes healthy living.

Be the boss, CHECK MY SIGNATURE, EPLANET ICT SOLUTIONS EMPOWERS D FUTURE.

This is exactly why we need graduates in such professions. With their knowledge, they can reduce the stress and increase the profits. Don't you think?

1 Like

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by Lordnewton1(m): 2:52pm On Dec 03, 2015
ITS SURELY END TIME!!!
Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 03, 2015
maximunimpact:
Those who are too scared to pursue their dreams work harder to make another man's dream come through.

=Fact=
have you come to realise that some people's dream is to make other people"s dream come true. " the dream helpers"

1 Like

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by ePlanet: 2:54pm On Dec 03, 2015
hahn:

This is exactly why we need graduates in such professions. With their knowledge, they can reduce the stress and increase the profits. Don't you think?

What profession? Truck pushing? shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by Pidggin(f): 2:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
Knowing your salary will be paid at the end of the month helps you plan unlike in business where you cannot tell.

1 Like

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 03, 2015
hahn:

His new ID is explorers and he is keeping it real as ever grin
ok boss, thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by viktor01(m): 2:56pm On Dec 03, 2015
True though but what you failed to mention is that most of all these entrepreneurs don't have the said amount flowing in constantly.
Secondly, you have to start somewhere.
Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by Djmamman(m): 2:57pm On Dec 03, 2015
hahn:
I got this from facebook and thought it is worth sharing

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10208363981207537&id=1545267988
Sure this is a bitter truth about sal. any way let them retrench the workers and increased the number of inherited job less able bodies and arm robbers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by Bj5all(m): 2:58pm On Dec 03, 2015
I have thought of this severally and having an entrepreneurial mindset has made me to think outside the box.

Being fully employed in a less paying company without much economical exposure is almost a waste of time. Most of those guys u see on the street hustling make more than those sitting down in the office enduring managerial insults and undue pressure from targets.

But the good thing about for a corporate company is the exposure u get and the tendencies to make things happen. Beside this, pple look up to you because they know ur experience with corporate world has made u more enlightened than they are.

Money shouldn't be the only thing to look at but also consider the privileges u have that they don't have, societal value and the ability to live a more enlightened life.

1 Like

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by Koolking(m): 2:59pm On Dec 03, 2015
The hard truth on the flipped side of the coin...as a graduate earning meagre salary compared to not-so-literate artisans who earn more, you stand a chance at better planning and execution of projects than the artisans who lack formal requisite experience at putting scarce resources to optimum use.

With the right attitude, Eskimos are most likely to buy ice from you than from the artisans.

That's the difference bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary / Sample Coren Technical Report / Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.