Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

The Hard Truth About Your Salary - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Hard Truth About Your Salary (57053 Views)

Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs / 7 Ways You Waste Your Salary Without Knowing / Describe Your Salary With A Movie Title!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by bigx(m): 3:00pm On Dec 03, 2015
Lol
Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by ExInferis(m): 3:00pm On Dec 03, 2015
hahn:

This is a Nigerian forum undecided

Really?

I thought it was a Jamaican forum.

undecided

Salaries and wages are universal constants.

The laborers he contrasted the white collar workers with are wage earners.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by oismail(m): 3:00pm On Dec 03, 2015
I like ur analysis but that's just the basic renumeration what about other rewards i.e Bank staff working at the canter
Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 03, 2015
op you forgot to analyze the salaries of those working in DPR, shell,mobil,chevron and total.....

please lets see what or who those guys earn less than when their jombo salaries are divided by 30....]\

conclusion:: nigeria sucks...
Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by hahn(m): 3:01pm On Dec 03, 2015
ePlanet:

What profession? Truck pushing? shocked

Yep. With proper packaging there's no limit to the amount of money that can be made
Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by woli2shehu: 3:01pm On Dec 03, 2015
In some state level 14 are not receiving NGN 60,000 per month.
Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by fart: 3:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
End time workers. End time life

1 Like

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by akanbiaa(m): 3:03pm On Dec 03, 2015
What of graduates in private schools or contract staff in various private organization being paid from 5000naira to 15000naira a months divide that by 30 to see how bad they exploit many.
Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by hahn(m): 3:05pm On Dec 03, 2015
ExInferis:

Really?

I thought it was a Jamaican forum.

undecided

Salaries and wages are universal constants.

The laborers he contrasted the white collar workers with are wage earners.

Hmm. Well it's not a Jamaican forum grin

True. I agree

1 Like

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by miqos02(m): 3:05pm On Dec 03, 2015
ok
Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by Sparkle777(f): 3:06pm On Dec 03, 2015
Quite true, even though most other jobs enumerated are tedious and may not be as daily as assumed.
Truth is no matter wat u do,always have a subtitude. I hope to fully go into somethin else to augument.
Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by ePlanet: 3:08pm On Dec 03, 2015
hahn:

Yep. With proper packaging there's no limit to the amount of money that can be made

A learned brain flourishes in calm cool serene temperatures.

The only thing He can do, is create an office space , employ cheap manual labour to carry out his packaged tots

Thatz different Btw smart workers n manual laborers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by simieoni: 3:09pm On Dec 03, 2015
Nihilist:
This article is so wrong I dont even know where to begin

1. The average employee typically works a 5 day week or roughly 20 days in month. I completely disgree with the premise of the OP's dubious calculations, but even if the calculations were grounded in some sort of logic, shouldn't the OP be dividing by 20 instead of 30?

2. The OP also misses the point by comparing an employee and his steady income to Hawkers,Truckers etc with their irregular cash flow. Again I doubt the veracity of his stats with regards to the earnings of hawkers, truckers and co, but even if the stats were true, The OP still fails to consider that even though the Hawker could earn 2000 Naira in a day, he/she is not guaranteed an income of 120k per month unlike the Banker

The crux of the OP's assertion is Business Owners have the potential to earn more than employees. The OP fails to consider the level of risk that these entrepreneurs are exposed to.

For the vast majority of people, it is better to go to work and be guaranteed your 300k monthly salary jejely, than to go and out hustle with no true knowledge of when the next paycheck is coming.
u only talk like a man who is scared to face d realities of life....

10 Likes

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by Evathyst(f): 3:10pm On Dec 03, 2015
Nihilist:

1. The average employee typically works a 5 day week or roughly 20 days in month. I completely disgree with the premise of the OP's dubious calculations, but even if the calculations were grounded in some sort of logic, shouldn't the OP be dividing by 20 instead of 30?

2. The OP also misses the point by comparing an employee and his steady income to Hawkers,Truckers etc with their irregular cash flow. Again I doubt the veracity of his stats with regards to the earnings of hawkers, truckers and co, but even if the stats were true, The OP still fails to consider that even though the Hawker could earn 2000 Naira in a day, he/she is not guaranteed an income of 120k per month unlike the Banker

The crux of the OP's assertion is Business Owners have the potential to earn more than employees. The OP fails to consider the level of risk that these entrepreneurs are exposed to.

For the vast majority of people, it is better to go to work and be guaranteed your 300k monthly salary jejely, than to go and out hustle with no true knowledge of when the next paycheck is coming.
Boss! You couldn't have said it any better!

In addition to what you've said, what many of them who compare one's salary to the nature of his job fail to include in their permutation is the PASSION for whatever one is doing. I as a person, I can never do a job that I don't have the passion for. Not even when I'm being paid all the money in the world.

In conclusion, our work life is gonna make up a substantial fraction of our whole existence in life. So, money shouldn't be the only thing to be considered when choosing a job.

2 Likes

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 03, 2015
hahn:
I got this from facebook and thought it is worth sharing

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10208363981207537&id=1545267988
your analysis is good but your comparative is wrong.

SOMETIMES we entrepreneurs don't always receive that amount of money on a daily basis. is just all about saving and how you invest on your business.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by hahn(m): 3:12pm On Dec 03, 2015
ePlanet:

A learned brain flourishes in calm cool serene temperatures.

The only thing He can do, is create an office space , employ cheap manual labour to carry out his packaged tots

Thatz different Btw smart workers n manual laborers

Exactly!
Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by 247notire(m): 3:12pm On Dec 03, 2015
Firstly most ppl don't work 30 days a week for the salary, it's usually 20. Also, most of the salaries thr are not current as I can authoritatively assert that fresh graduates in oil companies receive abt 600k per month, bankers above 200k. A little advise for the students here: dnt go into entrepreneurship because uve been told there are no jobs cos u may be frustrated. Passion is key. There are also many well paying jobs out thr, I mean I knw companies that recruit on a quarterly basis, dnt be deceived. Sadly, most of our "graduates" cannot even make correct sentences in English language talk more of scaling GMAT tests, they are mostly unemployable.

4 Likes

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by simplisity(m): 3:14pm On Dec 03, 2015
hahn:
I got this from facebook and thought it is worth sharing

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10208363981207537&id=1545267988
100 percent truth

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by hahn(m): 3:15pm On Dec 03, 2015
sonofananimal:
your analysis is good but your comparative is wrong.

SOMETIMES we entrepreneurs don't always receive that amount of money on a daily basis. is just all about saving and how you invest on your business.

I am an entrepreneur too and it's hard. Cometimes, you might not make a sale in months. However, what really prompted me to share the post was the breakdown of income. Just imagine if everyone was more concerned about how much they made daily instead of monthly.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 03, 2015
Pidggin:
Knowing your salary will be paid at the end of the month helps you plan unlike in business where you cannot tell.

I perfectly do understand that feeling of 'safety' but if care isn't taken and one's caught in the Rat Race, it takes just one ugly financial mishap to have the employee thrown into hunger......I think the smartest thing to do is to seek other means of consistent income when one's still gainfully employed.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by inosend: 3:18pm On Dec 03, 2015
gunners160:
Hmm,this is indeed captivating and an eye opener. ABEG MAKE TOPIC LIKE THIS DEY MAKE FRONT PAGE AND NT ALL THOSE TOPICS LIKE: Davido and Olamide who rock the mad jeans beta,Davido sips kunu b4 going to a meeting,Tonto Dike kisses her gay husband etc.Internet should be a positive source of information and not all for all those nitwit topics.
I didn't want to only like your comment but to come out in the open to give you two gbosa in front of Davido in his jeans sipping kunu and Tonto Dikeh.
Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by ePlanet: 3:19pm On Dec 03, 2015
247notire:
Firstly most ppl don't work 30 days a week for the salary, it's usually 20. Also, most of the salaries thr are not current as I can authoritatively assert that fresh graduates in oil companies receive abt 600k per month, bankers above 200k. A little advise for the students here: dnt go into entrepreneurship because uve been told there are no jobs cos u may be frustrated. Passion is key. There are also many well paying jobs out thr, I mean I knw companies that recruit on a quarterly basis, dnt be deceived. Sadly, most of our "graduates" cannot even make correct sentences in English language talk more of scaling GMAT tests, they are mostly unemployable.

R u rather advising the soon to be graduates to; instead of creating jobs n empowering lives,they should fold their arms, carrying files from one company to d other or submitting numerous applications online ( burning their lil cash on data bundle) n not getting called for interviews?

U were created to create n enrich lives not to aquire n hoard.
Entrepreneurship is the way forward.
Help the country help others.

For every penny oil company pays u, they suck ur blood.
Why wud u seek to work in an oil company when u can own D Oil Company?
Know that IF YOU DON'T BUILD YOUR DREAM, OTHERS WUD PAY YOU PEANUTS TO HELP BUILD THEIRS.

#justthewayeriz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by ojuolu(m): 3:20pm On Dec 03, 2015
Nihilist:

I am in a paid job and i know this ops is very right. the weekends, what do you do with yours? An average banker in marketing still chase and respond to customer on weekends. Operation staff attend meetings, maintain ATMs and other e-channels. The so call steady income is the recipe for poverty. have you heard of "Iron law of wages theory"? Please research this and you will never settle for a paid job especially when you have innate talents that are marketable.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by Pidggin(f): 3:20pm On Dec 03, 2015
dearpreye:

I perfectly do understand that feeling of 'safety' but if care isn't taken and one's caught in the Rat Race, it takes just one ugly financial mishap to have the employee thrown into hunger......I think the smartest thing to do is to seek other means of consistent income when one's still gainfully employed.

Yes, I agree.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by Paschalp(m): 3:20pm On Dec 03, 2015
that's the bitter reason why government workers perform larceny, the govt aren't paying well.
Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by Curare: 3:21pm On Dec 03, 2015
Nihilist:

[color=#990000]
Bless you, my man
smiley[/color]
Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by Kazrem(m): 3:21pm On Dec 03, 2015
STOP waiting for the Government to feed you, feed yourself and help the Government feed others.

On spot.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by Nihilist: 3:22pm On Dec 03, 2015
ojuolu:

[size=18pt]I am in a paid job [/size]

OK...

The so call steady income is the recipe for poverty. have you heard of "Iron law of wages theory"? [size=18pt]Please research this and you will never settle for a paid job[/size] especially when you have innate talents that are marketable.

Pardon?

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 03, 2015
majekdom2:
OP, get this into your own head.... Not everyone works for the money. There is something called passion and that's is joy in what you are doing. Did you remove the value of cost/ operational expense from the hawker and driver and whatever you mentioned up there?

Oga oya work for passion and let that your so called passion feed you....At the end of the month no collect salary ooooo. Mr. Passion
Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by viktor01(m): 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2015
spacyzuma:
sad This is deeply thought-provoking.

However, while I agree that it's very smart to have more than one source of income/revenue, I have to say that not everyone is able to be an enterpreneur and handle a business.

Same way as not everyone is meant to earn a salary.

And whether one is running a business or earning a salary, the Nigerian economy right now is not friendly to most of us. sad

The truth at the emboldened.
The op failed to put a lot of factors into consideration. factors such as inconsistency of the income by the entrepreneur.

1 Like

Re: The Hard Truth About Your Salary by abbey621(m): 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2015
Nihilist:

Is your salary meant for you surviving 20 days out of 30 days or is it supposed to be enough for you to get through a whole month? Dividing by 20 days is not reasonable. I think you are missing the main point of the OP which is one should not rest comfortably on the proceeds from a salaried job, it would be very wise to add an additional source of income if one is to be truly wealthy!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary / Sample Coren Technical Report / Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.