Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage (5844 Views)

Young African Man And His Elderly White Wife (Photos) / Nigerian Man And His Older British Wife Enjoy Their Honeymoon In Ekiti. / Man And His Fiancee's Bum In Doggie Pre-Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by angrybird007: 9:52am On Dec 03, 2015
Hi everyone I don't know if am posting this in the right section but I am seriously confused.
The problem is my boyfriend who is india(North India) but reside and work in Nigeria has been asking to marry me and meet my family.

Character wise he's caring, full of respect, hardworking, handsome and everything a woman want in a man.
But I don't know anything about his culture, values, norms except the few he told me.

I don't know if I should go ahead with this or not.
I don't know if such Marriage works out.
Please if you know anything about India man and Nigeria woman marriage,I would love hear advice or if you are in such marriage please advice me on what to do
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 03, 2015
Happy wedlock
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by IamLEGEND1: 9:59am On Dec 03, 2015
You must learn how to dance by force!
If not na OYO for you my sister.
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by RexKexMilann: 10:00am On Dec 03, 2015
londongal03:
Happy wedlock
Hey! cheesy.

Morning! cheesy.
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 03, 2015
I dont know about any indian/Nigerian marriage.. But i see noting wrong in both of you getting married since he resides here in nigeria
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 03, 2015
There is nothing wrong with it. My uncle married a Ghanian. My Mum married a Nigerian and my sister married a south African. The least number of years they have been married is 6yrs........ We need to change our mentality. Remember your happiness is whatmatters, same goes for intertribal marriages in Nigeria.
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 03, 2015
In their movies they do sing a lot I don't know if that will be required of you. cheesy

But seriously learn of their culture, you can do your own research and really talk with him about what is expected of you as a wife and an in law.
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by angrybird007: 10:17am On Dec 03, 2015
Eve0000:
I dont know about any indian/Nigerian marriage.. But i see noting wrong in both of you getting married since he resides here in nigeria
He's building a house in India. what if he is planning to move back to India.?or what is the house for? Am seriously confused
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by angrybird007: 10:20am On Dec 03, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
You must learn how to dance by force!

If not na OYO for you my sister.
They love dancing a lot.
I need more opinions on this.is this the right section to post?
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 03, 2015
angrybird007:

He's building a house in India. what if he is planning to move back to India.?or what is the house for? Am seriously confused
so far hes from a Christian/muslim background and not idle worshippers i think its ok.you should also introduce him to your parent to know what they think about him
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 03, 2015
angrybird007:

Find out the type of visa he has to be very sure. Is it a working visa permit? They have similar culture like the Yorubas, they eat healthy, love food and good life. If his planning on moving back to India, ask him what happens to you, and what are their immigration laws about foreigners?
Is he a Hindu, Buddhists, Muslim or Conservative Christian? Your genotype, blood group, compatibility (emotional and sexually), where is he from India?
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by beejeh(m): 10:32am On Dec 03, 2015
i guess its a no no has i got a female colleague at work (igbo woman) who is "married" to an india man buh menh they seperated after two kids... i don't know their story sha... Bobo(s) plenty for naija na n even for NL
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by IamLEGEND1: 10:36am On Dec 03, 2015
angrybird007:

They love dancing a lot.
I need more opinions on this.is this the right section to post?
the right section will be 'Family' I think.

but talk to him,coz the majority on this forum are South africans,Ghanaians,African Americans, Nigerians, brits etc....

so any information you get here is mostly tokunbo info. let him explain what is needed of you. Hear it from the horse's mouth.
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 03, 2015
beejeh:
i guess its a no no has i got a female colleague at work (igbo woman) who is "married" to an india man buh menh they seperated after two kids... i don't know their story sha... Bobo(s) plenty for naija na n even for NL
Find out! So as to help the op. Separated does not mean divorce.
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by jonaifame22(m): 10:40am On Dec 03, 2015
Did eve know of adams culture before she married him?
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by angrybird007: 10:46am On Dec 03, 2015
Miadad:

Find out the type of visa he has to be very sure. Is it a working visa permit? They have similar culture like the Yorubas, they eat healthy, love food and good life. If his planning on moving back to India, ask him what happens to you, and what are their immigration laws about foreigners?
Is he a Hindu, Buddhists, Muslim or Conservative Christian? Your genotype, blood group, compatibility (emotional and sexually), where is he from India?
l am a Yoruba girl and I can see all that in him. I will ask him all this.
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by angrybird007: 10:47am On Dec 03, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
the right section will be 'Family' I think.

but talk to him,coz the majority on this forum are South africans,Ghanaians,African Americans, Nigerians, brits etc....

so any information you get here is mostly tokunbo info. let him explain what is needed of you. Hear it from the horse's mouth.

I have also posted in family section. Thanks
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by manie(m): 6:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
Miadad:
There is nothing wrong with it. My uncle married a Ghanian. My Mum married a Nigerian and my sister married a south African. The least number of years they have been married is 6yrs........ We need to change our mentality. Remember your happiness is whatmatters, same goes for intertribal marriages in Nigeria.
where is your mum from? What part of Nigeria is your dad from? Hope these are not jamb questions.

1 Like

Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 03, 2015
manie:
where is your mum from? What part of Nigeria is your dad from? Hope these are not jamb questions.
My Mum Black American ( California). My Dad is from Osun State.
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by manie(m): 6:58pm On Dec 03, 2015
angrybird007:

are you sure he does not have a wife and children in india

1 Like

Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by manie(m): 7:00pm On Dec 03, 2015
Miadad:

My Mum Black American ( California). My Dad is from Osun State.
Where in Osun
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 03, 2015
manie:
Where in Osun
Haba! Men you give them an inch they want a mile.
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by manie(m): 7:07pm On Dec 03, 2015
Miadad:

Haba! Men you give them an inch they want a mile.
Sorry for intruding into your private life, wishing you a great day.

2 Likes

Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by angrybird007: 9:49pm On Dec 05, 2015
Thanks you all. We have discussed about my fears and our conclusion is to date more probably for a year and see what d future holds. I love him and I don't want to rush into anything based on love alone. If we are meant to be we can at least hold on for some time or else..............
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by Richiy(f): 10:21pm On Dec 05, 2015
I think you should spend some time in India and see how it is like firsthand. Then your goals and longterm plans should be discussed. Like at what point is he moving back? and the likes.
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by angrybird007: 10:34pm On Dec 05, 2015
Richiy:
I think you should spend some time in India and see how it is like firsthand. Then your goals and longterm plans should be discussed. Like at what point is he moving back? and the likes.
As at now he doesn't have any intention of moving back but I never can tell when he is old. Seriously it's just like marrying any Nigeria. I guess what scared me most was d Nigerian traces I saw in him. But for now I want to live, date have fun ND let time tell. I won't marry him without going to see his parents cos v made up my mind to see him as a nigerian. And we know how we are. Lol. Sorry for the rant but this is where I can let out as my friend's won't advice me("don't know why) thanks everyone smiley
Re: India Man And Nigeria Woman Marriage by cutierashy(f): 8:25pm On Dec 18, 2015
angrybird007:

As at now he doesn't have any intention of moving back but I never can tell when he is old. Seriously it's just like marrying any Nigeria. I guess what scared me most was d Nigerian traces I saw in him. But for now I want to live, date have fun ND let time tell. I won't marry him without going to see his parents cos v made up my mind to see him as a nigerian. And we know how we are. Lol. Sorry for the rant but this is where I can let out as my friend's won't advice me("don't know why) thanks everyone smiley
dating an Indian guy can be cool cos they knw hw to treat a woman.... Care, love, support, name it all. I've been in one but hv to opt out cos of stories I had about them Been racist and that there parents will never agree to such a union. Best of luck gal

(1) (Reply)

See What I Released While Forking Graphic Photos. / Advice For All The Virgin Girls - I Deflowered Her! / This Is How Sperm Taste Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.