Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,646 members, 7,851,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:33 PM

Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? (2878 Views)

Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion / Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief / Nigeria Leads In Religious Belief,yet We Are So Corrupt . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Tonyet1(m): 4:44pm On May 29, 2009
davidylan:

drain 40% of the blood in your body, then ask us what your nature is like if you're still conscious enough to breath.

what has draining 40% of blood got to do with a person nature

now back to the question:

Bible says: a person life is in his blood rite? good

now what makes a person's LIFE, isnt it the NATURE, CHARACTER, and so forth?

now you are sounding as if this thing called NATURE, CHARCTER are physical things, mind you they are logical, you know how?

let me explain:

when a man releases sperms into his wife, do we see any such thing as RED colored blood, now what happens when the same child comes out from the mother and

- looks like the father (LIFE)
- takes after the dad's color (LIFE)
- and sometimes even have the same blood group as the dad (LIFE)

where did the dad's blood type flowed into the baby as compared to a colorless semen?

the problem is that u seem too angered and quick to act a conclusion, take it slowly and reason it will help you

b/side: what made the BLOOD of JESUS ephicascious today if not the LIFE of JESUS

my bro take it easy AND REASON

i still put it to you that " A WAY MIGHT SEEM RIGHT BUT THE END MAY BE DESTRUCTION"
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Tudor3(m): 4:44pm On May 29, 2009
@davidylan
Timothy,james,john, bathlomew or judas, i dont give a damn who it was. . . .
The issue here is why paul (apostle of faith) adviced a fellow cult leader to take medications instead of seeking/believing in jesus.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 29, 2009
huxley2:

Well, you are running away from the comment which is at the root of the debate;  and it is Lev 17:

Is the life of the flesh is in the blood: ?  Is this statement true?  Whereabout in the blood tissue is the LIFE?  That is what we want answers to,  Davidylan.

The bible defines man as a Spirit, soul and a body . . . obviously it didnt mean that blood is that spirit because it is simply a part of the body.

When Lev 17 talked about blood being the "life" of the body, it simply meant that blood is an absolute requirement for you to continue existing in your mortal bodies.

I'm about tired of these pinging back and forth from intransigent illiterates.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Tonyet1(m): 4:50pm On May 29, 2009
davidylan:

but you cant replace your blood and live another 2 yrs.

bro i think you really need help here, another SERIOUS CONTRADICTION from yourself

i thought you were actually championing the TRANSFUSION STUFF so wats up? undecided
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 29, 2009
Tùdor:

@davidylan
Timothy,james,john, bathlomew or judas, i dont give a damn who it was. . . .
The issue here is why paul (apostle of faith) adviced a fellow cult leader to take medications instead of seeking/believing in jesus.

who cares dude?

tonye-t:

where did the dad's blood type flowed into the baby as compared to a colorless semen?

Where did the baby's hands, legs, nose, eyes come from as compared to colourless semen - a viscous liquid?

The cells of the growing embryo are genetically programmed to generate the various organs that you see in the mature term baby. Those same genes develop into bones, it is the bone marrow that creates the blood cells that you see in blood.

You want to ask another question?
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Horus(m): 4:51pm On May 29, 2009
@davidylan
Without an artificial heart or a real heart how do you use your blood?
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 29, 2009
tonye-t:

bro i think you really need help here, another SERIOUS CONTRADICTION from yourself

i thought you were actually championing the TRANSFUSION STUFF so wats up? undecided

dumb . . . i wasnt talking about transfusion, i was responding to another post. Just like you can remove your heart and replace it with a pump, you cant remove your blood and replace it with an artificial fluid for too long.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by huxley2(m): 4:53pm On May 29, 2009
davidylan:

The bible defines man as a Spirit, soul and a body . . . obviously it didnt mean that blood is that spirit because it is simply a part of the body.

When Lev 17 talked about blood being the "life" of the body, it simply meant that blood is an absolute requirement for you to continue existing in your mortal bodies.

I'm about tired of these pinging back and forth from intransigent illiterates.
is

Now, you just made that up, didn't you?  The text is there, plain and simple for everyone to read, and it says nor implies nothing of the sort.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 29, 2009
Horus:

@davidylan
Without an artificial heart or a real heart how do you use your blood?

Again another dumb upside down analogy. Ok without a fawcet how do you use water? But you must drink water to survive no?

Is the fawcet more important than the water that flows out of it?

think of it that way - even if you had 20 healthy hearts in your body, without blood you'd be a dead man.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 29, 2009
huxley2:

is

Now, you just made that up, didn't you?  The text is there, plain and simple for everyone to read, and it says nor implies nothing of the sort.

neither does it imply the nonsense you were saying.

Infact it does imply what i said on the contrary . . . nowhere else in the bible are we told that blood is what makes up the essence of a man. the bible consistently divides man into a spirit, soul and body. It refers to the body as the earthly and the spirit as the LIFE of the man. Nowhere did it include the blood in that trio.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Horus(m): 4:58pm On May 29, 2009
think of it that way - even if you had 20 healthy hearts in your body, without blood you'd be a dead man.

This was not my question, my question was: Without an artificial heart or a real heart how do you use your blood?
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 29, 2009
Life is in the blood. "Blood is the river of life that surges within us, transporting nearly everything that must be carried from one place to another". It's main purpose is to distribute oxygen and nutrients that is even necessary for the "colorless sperm" someone made mention of.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 29, 2009
Horus:

This was not my question, my question was: Without an artificial heart or a real heart how do you use your blood?

your question made no sense, that was why i answered it in the manner i did.

You could equally have asked what would happen to blood if you removed your brain. without an artificial or real heart - you can continue living on life support hooked up to external heart valves. you can live as a vegetable with no brain for yrs . . . you can live without a kidney on constant dialysis.

BUT YOU CANT LIVE 2 mins without blood. There is no substitute for it.
stillwater:

Life is in the blood. "Blood is the river of life that surges within us, transporting nearly everything that must be carried from one place to another". It's main purpose is to distribute oxygen and nutrients that is even necessary for the "colorless sperm" someone made mention of.

you're telling this incorrigible band of illiterates such a fact? As long as the bible says it they are programmed to disbelieve it.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Horus(m): 5:05pm On May 29, 2009
your question made no sense, that was why i answered it in the manner i did.

you know very well the question make a lot of sense.
If you have no artificial heart or real hearth how will you send blood to your brain?
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 29, 2009
Horus:

you know very well the question make a lot of sense.
If you have no artificial heart or real hearth how will you send blood to your brain?

Why would you need to send blood to the brain if the heart was more important? why not just ignore the blood and send your heart there?
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Tudor3(m): 5:12pm On May 29, 2009
''Who cares''
classic response of an intoxicated man. . . .even in face of the lies and contradictions of your religion,you choose to remain drunk.
Sweet dreamzzz dude. . . .
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Tudor3(m): 5:12pm On May 29, 2009
''Who cares''
classic response of an intoxicated man. . . .even in face of the lies and contradictions of your religion,you choose to remain drunk.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Horus(m): 5:13pm On May 29, 2009
Why would you need to send blood to the brain if the heart was more important? why not just ignore the blood and send your heart there?

I NEVER said the heart was more important can you show me where i said this. When?, use a quote. I just asked you how can you use your blood without an artificial heart or a real heart, so dont try to divert the unanswered question.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by huxley2(m): 5:19pm On May 29, 2009
David,

What about artificial blood, which seems to be doing almost as good a job as real blood?  Unlike other tissue in the body, blood is a tissue that needs constant replenishing.  It it were possible to get the our bodies completely bathed in artificial blood all the time and fine a way of replenishing and refreshing the supply, then I think it would be possibel to sustain life with only artificial blood.  But said technology is centuries in the future,  just like medieval man would have been aghast at pacemakers, dialysis 500 years ago.

On a different not, in the NT, this is what Paul said;

“It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, [size=16pt]from the meat of strangled animals and from blood[/size]. For Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.” (Acts 15: 19-21)

What ddid he mean here?  That Christians should avoid eating blood?    Is it really possible to truly avoid eating blood if you are not vegan/vegetarian?   Do you know how much blood is contained within a joint of steak?
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by bindex(m): 5:19pm On May 29, 2009
Tùdor:

''Who cares''

Paul said that Timothy should take medication for his stomach ache, Jesus said that people should pray with faith and he will heal them if they believe. I thought the message of Jesus is all what davidylan says is in the bible? Why is he now talking about Paul?
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 29, 2009
Horus:

I NEVER said the heart was more important can you show me where i said this. When?, use a quote. I just asked you how can you use your blood without an artificial heart or a real heart, so dont try to divert the unanswered question.

Your question again is meaningless . . . while you can always obtain a long term artificial heart, you cant obtain long term artificial blood.

huxley2:

David,

What about artificial blood, which seems to be doing almost as good a job as real blood?  Unlike other tissue in the body, blood is a tissue that needs constant replenishing.  It it were possible to get the our bodies completely bathed in artificial blood all the time and fine a way of replenishing and refreshing the supply, then I think it would be possibel to sustain life with only artificial blood.  But said technology is centuries in the future,  just like medieval man would have been aghast at pacemakers, dialysis 500 years ago.

Go back and read again . . . there is nothing like "artificial blood". That is a misnomer . . . you have volume expanders or oxygen therapeutics. The reason why is because they only fulfill a very short term need in case of acute blood loss. blood does a lot more than carry oxygen, it regulates electrolytes important for maintaining heart function, WBCs are important for mounting an immunological response, hormones from endocrine glands are transported in blood, blood removes waste from organs of the body, platelets are critical for clotting, antibodies are secreted into blood . . . all these things that artificial blood cannot do.

So to claim that we can one day substitute blood is nothing but a joke. There is a reason the body was designed to replenish blood frequently but not other tissues. Other tissues can survive damage, losing the capacity to generate blood is fatal unless you do a bone marrow transplant.

huxley2:

On a different not, in the NT, this is what Paul said;

“It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, [size=16pt]from the meat of strangled animals and from blood[/size]. For Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.” (Acts 15: 19-21)

What ddid he mean here?  That Christians should avoid eating blood?    Is it really possible to truly avoid eating blood?   Do you know how much blood is contain within a joint of steak?

The same paul said here - Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

You dont seem to have the capacity to understand the bible.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 29, 2009
We need something to transport nutrients and oxygen, even remove waste from the body. I believe Oxygen is the primary source for animal life, only the hemoglobin in the blood has the capability to stick to oxygen easily. Without blood how will you trap Oxygen to nourish vital organs in the body?

This is embarrassing.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Horus(m): 5:40pm On May 29, 2009
Your question again is meaningless . . . while you can always obtain a long term artificial heart, you cant obtain long term artificial blood.

Just say you cannot or dont want to answer, and When did I talked about Artificial blood, can you use a quote and show me? when?.
Can a  human being  live without an artifical heart or real heart?
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 29, 2009
Horus:

Just say you cannot or dont want to answer, and When did I talked about Artificial blood, can you use a quote and show me? when?.
Can a  human being  live without an artifical heart or real heart?

dude you're simply making a big fool of yourself. Again i repeat . . . your question is meaningless. You cant have electricity in your house if there are no cables to conduct it, does that mean the cables are more important than electricity itself?
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by huxley2(m): 5:45pm On May 29, 2009
davidylan:

Go back and read again . . . there is nothing like "artificial blood". That is a misnomer . . . you have volume expanders or oxygen therapeutics. The reason why is because they only fulfill a very short term need in case of acute blood loss. blood does a lot more than carry oxygen, it regulates electrolytes important for maintaining heart function, WBCs are important for mounting an immunological response, hormones from endocrine glands are transported in blood, blood removes waste from organs of the body, platelets are critical for clotting, antibodies are secreted into blood . . . all these things that artificial blood cannot do.

So to claim that we can one day substitute blood is nothing but a joke. There is a reason the body was designed to replenish blood frequently but not other tissues. Other tissues can survive damage, losing the capacity to generate blood is fatal unless you do a bone marrow transplant.

I agree it is a MIGHTY challenge to artificially replace what the blood of the body does naturally. But remember, blood is only a transport medium, albeit a VERY important one.  I do not think is performs any regulatory functions ( I stand corrected).  Other organs secrete substances into the blood which then carries them to their site of activity.  Its function is simply mechanical, so in principle there is no reason why it could not be artificial created.  The challenges fo achieving this are technological.   Remember, the same sort of argument used to be said of the heart, but today heart replacements are possible in many different forms.

davidylan:

The same paul said here - Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

You dont seem to have the capacity to understand the bible.

This only makes it worse.  It shows what a crazy bundle of contradiction and confusion the bible is.  It says one thing on one page and several pages later says the direct opposite.   Which of these two passages takes precedence and why?  That is what I would like to know.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Horus(m): 5:46pm On May 29, 2009
@davidylan

Everybody on Nairaland can see that the only fool here is you. Can a YOU  live without an artifical heart or real heart?
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 29, 2009
Horus:

@davidylan

Everybody on Nairaland can see that the only fool here is you. Can a YOU  live without an artifical heart or real heart?

Answer me this first - can[b] YOU[/b] live without blood?
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Horus(m): 5:50pm On May 29, 2009
Answer me this first - can YOU live without blood?

No I NEVER said that I can live without blood, NEVER, but you Can a YOU  live without an artifical heart or real heart?
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 29, 2009
huxley2:

I agree it is a MIGHTY challenge to artificially replace what the blood of the body does naturally. But remember, blood is only a transport medium, albeit a VERY important one.  I do not think is performs any regulatory functions ( I stand corrected).  Other organs secrete substances into the blood which then carries them to their site of activity.  Its function is simply mechanical, so in principle there is no reason why it could not be artificial created.  The challenges fo achieving this are technological.   Remember, the same sort of argument used to be said of the heart, but today heart replacements are possible in many different forms.

I think that is totally wrong. Take away the bone marrow, how do you generate the WBCs in the blood?
How would antibodies circulate in the blood?
How would your artificial blood know when to release clotting factors?

this is basic science dude.

huxley2:

This only makes it worse.  It shows what a crazy bundle of contradiction and confusion the bible is.  It says one thing on one page and several pages later says the direct opposite.   Which of these two passages takes precedence and why?  That is what I would like to know.

just say you dont understand both passages. its ok.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 29, 2009
Horus:

No I NEVER said that I can live without blood, NEVER, but you Can a YOU  live without an artifical heart or real heart?

I already answered your question ages ago but you're too thick to see the answer.

Again i repeat:

You need electricity right?
But it cant just jump into your home . . . you need cables to conduct it to the source.

So which is more important? the cable or electricity?
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Uche2nna(m): 5:53pm On May 29, 2009
huxley2:

Think homeostasis,,,,,,, U can google that up like U always do.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Worship The Lord With Yoruba Hynm / Sex Is An Act Of Worship! / See A New Church In Tz,pastor Must Not Touch Ground Until End Of Service.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.