Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,650 members, 7,851,211 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:09 PM

Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? (2879 Views)

Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion / Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief / Nigeria Leads In Religious Belief,yet We Are So Corrupt . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 29, 2009
The heart is no more than a pump whether artificial or real.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by mnwankwo(m): 5:58pm On May 29, 2009
I am not making a contribution to the biblical passage that the poster cited in framing his questions. Rather I am only concerned with what science has to say about blood. David is correct on the role of blood and his scientific descriptions are accurate in my view. The human body as it is cannot survive without the blood. One can say that without the blood, the human body dies. It is so self evident that I wonder why it is being contested. In future, I do not think that is feasible to generate artificial blood from precursors that have no direct bearing with the natural blood. Thus in future, it may be possible to program stem cells to mature into blood cells and plasma but such a product is not artificial, rather it is a reproduction of the natural process of blood production. I would have made a contribution on blood transformation but since the poster seems to be concerned about what the bible says about it, I have nothing to say.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by mnwankwo(m): 5:59pm On May 29, 2009
I am not making a contribution to the biblical passage that the poster cited in framing his questions. Rather I am only concerned with what science has to say about blood. David is correct on the role of blood and his scientific descriptions are accurate in my view. The human body as it is cannot survive without the blood. One can say that without the blood, the human body dies. It is so self evident that I wonder why it is being contested. In future, I do not think that is feasible to generate artificial blood from precursors that have no direct bearing with the natural blood. Thus in future, it may be possible to program stem cells to mature into blood cells and plasma but such a product is not artificial, rather it is a reproduction of the natural process of blood production. I would have made a contribution on blood transformation but since the poster seems to be concerned about what the bible says about it, I have nothing to say.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 29, 2009
Horus:

No I NEVER said that I can live without blood, NEVER, but you Can a YOU  live without an artifical heart or real heart?

The same way you can't live without your kidneys or livers. But these organs have something in common, blood vessels supplying nutrients to them.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Horus(m): 6:01pm On May 29, 2009
I already answered your question ages ago but you're too thick to see the answer.

No, you are a LIAR not only you didnt answer the question but you even accused me of talking about artificial blood, when?Give us a proof that I said that, you are a LIAR, show us where by using a quote. you are simply not honest and you cannot answer a simple question: can you live without an artificial heart or a real heart?
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Uche2nna(m): 6:03pm On May 29, 2009
m_nwankwo:

. In future, I do not think that is feasible to generate artificial blood from precursors that have no direct bearing with the natural blood.

Hmmm, is that true

The technology to de-differentiate already differentiated cells and then re-direct them to a different cell type is already out there. Cant that be adapted and optimised in making hematopoeitic cells undecided
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by mnwankwo(m): 6:06pm On May 29, 2009
Uche2nna:

Hmmm, is that true

The technology to de-differentiate already differentiated cells and then re-direct them to a different cell type is already out there.

Sure. But no such programming have produced the human blood as is produced in the body. If you are aware of such, kindly refer me to the paper.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:08pm On May 29, 2009
Cant be bothered to read thru the thread however

[Quote] bindex on Today at 09:16:29 AM
If prayer works I don't think you would have ever advised them to pray and give the girl a blood transfusion. Why give her blood transfusion when prayers is supposed to "work wonders"? doesn't the bible say that prayer alone is enough?[/quote]

Really? Why then did Paul ask Timothy to take medicine for his stomach?

How do you people make up all these lies?

Did bindex ever reply to David's rebuttal?
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by huxley2(m): 6:08pm On May 29, 2009
davidylan:

I think that is totally wrong. Take away the bone marrow, how do you generate the WBCs in the blood?
How would antibodies circulate in the blood?
How would your artificial blood know when to release clotting factors?

this is basic science dude.

just say you dont understand both passages. its ok.

I never thought any of these where considered regulatory, but like I said I could be wrong.

The bone marrow is what makes the cells, but it is not blood.  It secrete cells into the liquid medium just like other endocrine organs secrete their hormones into the blood.  But these organs, not their secretions is blood.

Clotting factors are release as a result of the detection of some chemical signals.  It is not beyond to wit of man to mimic this process exactly, is it.  After all, this is what happens in many of the chemical plants all over the world.   Or do you think there is some little fairies that do it?
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Horus(m): 6:14pm On May 29, 2009
stillwater:

The same way you can't live without your kidneys or livers. But these organs have something in common, blood vessels supplying nutrients to them.

Nobody said the contrary, and this was not my question, but you can you live without an artificial heart or a real heart?
Actualy davidylan is the only human being that can live with blood only he dont need an artificial heart or a real heart this is why he refuse to answer my question instead he just call people fools but NO ANSWERS, this just show his lack of sincerity. If somebody is honest he will answer instead of lying and just call others people fools. He is definitively a LIAR.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by huxley2(m): 6:20pm On May 29, 2009
m_nwankwo:

I do not think that the role of the blood in higher animals is in dispute at all here.  None of my post not those of my colleagues dispute that point.  On the other hand, we all acknowledge that the blood is the tissue that pervades the entire blood, performing a VITAL role.

The theological point was whether LIFE was in BLOOD, which is what David and his ilk are evading although he clearly referred to Lev 17 which makes this point.   If LIFE is in blood, in what way is it contained within the blood?

On the issue of artificial blood, am afraid to say that because blood precursor might be used to seed any form of artificial blood makes such blood unartificial.  I disagree.  On that basis, notthings whatsoever could ever be consider artificial because whatever one does would entail the use of already existing material.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by bindex(m): 6:22pm On May 29, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Cant be bothered to read thru the thread however

Did bindex ever reply to David's rebuttal?

Yes i did.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 29, 2009
huxley2:

I never thought any of these where considered regulatory, but like I said I could be wrong.

The bone marrow is what makes the cells, but it is not blood.  It secrete cells into the liquid medium just like other endocrine organs secrete their hormones into the blood.  But these organs, not their secretions is blood.

Clotting factors are release as a result of the detection of some chemical signals.  It is not beyond to wit of man to mimic this process exactly, is it.  After all, this is what happens in many of the chemical plants all over the world.   Or do you think there is some little fairies that do it?

Lets not even argue, you're flat out wrong dude.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 29, 2009

Huh? So you say Plasma a non-living fluid matrix (in this case your liquid medium) is what we ought to call blood?
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Horus(m): 6:31pm On May 29, 2009
Lets not even argue, you're flat out wrong dude

Instead of running away and telling him that he is wrong, just explain why do you thing he is wrong, be sincere and honest.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 29, 2009
Horus:

Instead of running away and telling him that he is wrong, just explain why do you thing he is wrong, be sincere and honest.

I already did, in lengthy explanation upon explanation. Like Nwankwo said . . . that folks could be arguing about the importance of blood to the body is beyond insane. Just goes to show that rationality is not the priority of you folks when it comes to bashing the bible.

Go back and read my responses to huxley, he cant complain of not getting the point.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 29, 2009
The theological point was whether LIFE was in BLOOD, which is what David and his ilk are evading although he clearly referred to Lev 17 which makes this point.   If LIFE is in blood, in what way is it contained within the blood?

This has been answered already.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Horus(m): 6:40pm On May 29, 2009
I already did, in lengthy explanation upon explanation. Like Nwankwo said . . . that folks could be arguing about the importance of blood to the body is beyond insane. Just goes to show that rationality is not the priority of you folks when it comes to bashing the bible.

So why you dont answer mine, and why you use insults and wrong accusations instead of answers.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 29, 2009
huxley2:

I do not think that the role of the blood in higher animals is in dispute at all here.  None of my post not those of my colleagues dispute that point.  On the other hand, we all acknowledge that the blood is the tissue that pervades the entire blood, performing a VITAL role.

On the issue of artificial blood, am afraid to say that because blood precursor might be used to seed any form of artificial blood makes such blood unartificial.  I disagree.  On that basis, notthings whatsoever could ever be consider artificial because whatever one does would entail the use of already existing material.

this is a clear lie and i have already EXPLAINED IT. The bible says man = spirit + soul + body . . . no mention of blood there.

Lev 17 wasnt implying that life was IN THE BLOOD . . . it was simply saying that the blood sustains life.

But of course its not what you want to hear.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 29, 2009
Horus:

So why you dont answer mine, and why you use insults and wrong accusations instead of answers.

Because its frankly meaningless and no longer worth my time. Pls move so i can answer more important dudes with a brain.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Horus(m): 6:46pm On May 29, 2009
Because its frankly meaningless and no longer worth my time. Pls move so i can answer more important dudes with a brain.

How you are going to make me move LIAR, the fact that you use insult to divert from answering show your lack of honesty, and dont forget that you are heartless. So now let us see how you are going to make me move.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 29, 2009
Horus:

How you are going to make me move LIAR, the fact that you use insult to divert from answering show your lack of honesty, and dont forget that you are heartless. So now let us see how you are going to make me move.

I answered everyone else . . . go back and check. I dont care what horus has to say. Ask your sungod if you dont like my answer.
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by Horus(m): 6:55pm On May 29, 2009
I answered everyone else . . . go back and check. I dont care what horus has to say. Ask your sungod if you dont like my answer.

You actualy need only BLOOD to survive, like a heartless Vampire. So when did you started sinning by using lies? grin
Re: Would You Accept A Blood Transfusion Against Your Religious Belief? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:07pm On May 29, 2009
bindex:

Yes i did.

where?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

True Christians Ma Stu Rbate / Ifa Temple Service - Ibadan / If Ladies Wearing Trouser To Church Is A Sin - Christians Check This Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.