Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,522 members, 7,958,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:56 PM

Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended (26060 Views)

Obafemi Awolowo University Dissociates From ASUU One Week Warning Strike.(Pics) / Obafemi Awolowo University OAU 2016/2017 DE Aspirants / 2016/2017 Obafemi Awolowo University Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by onyxo76(m): 7:51pm On Dec 03, 2015
Iamanonymouss:
I was wondering the tactics the school management was going to use to ensure that students leave campus.
This is very smart and cunning of them.
Any student that tries to call their bluff will face the consequences.

I can imagine the frenzy moz will be in now grin
back in my days in 95/96 session it was mopol that beat the hell out us while we were leaving, ironically the vc then was also omole...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by awesome11(m): 7:56pm On Dec 03, 2015
yomalex:
deviance/defiance....A whole office of Registrar of a university

Thought I was the only one who noticed it.
And here they come boasting in their croaked voices:

"There are only two schools in Nigeria: OAU and Others" or " Oba Awon University"
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by ladycomfort(f): 8:05pm On Dec 03, 2015
OAUTemitayo:
Please try and avoid issues that seems to be beyond your comprehension.
. Kindly keep your mouth shut. Time wasters
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by Leitner: 8:13pm On Dec 03, 2015
chisombenedicta:
tongue Very good
You ehn grin

E no pay you nau. Lemme tell you how it will play out. Students will prolly protest when we resume. Then after,we get sent home by the management until further notice; meaning you resume sometimes around the next independence day grin .

Aluta continua!
Victoria is pregnant!!

Waaaaarrrrr!!!!! grin
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by MAINTWO(m): 8:17pm On Dec 03, 2015
How could the registrar of OAU be spelling 'defiance' for 'deviance;? na wa o.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by Ayorrrmide: 8:21pm On Dec 03, 2015
;DSome papa b like ''lamidi wen i go c d money wey i invest on u? make oau nor dlay my money o''

lol 4 yrs turninq 10yrs
some studnt don even gt white hairs
bur oau neva even cares
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by Iamanonymouss: 8:24pm On Dec 03, 2015
onyxo76:
back in my days in 95/96 session it was mopol that beat the hell out us while we were leaving, ironically the vc then was also omole...

mopol shocked that's brutal.
why are these Omoles like this? where you there when Afrika died?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by Harfisco(m): 8:28pm On Dec 03, 2015
yomalex:

is anyone above mistake
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by chisombenedicta(f): 8:34pm On Dec 03, 2015
Leitner:

You ehn grin

E no pay you nau. Lemme tell you how it will play out. Students will prolly protest when we resume. Then after,we get sent home by the management until further notice; meaning you resume sometimes around the next independence day grin .

Aluta continua!
Victoria is pregnant!!

Waaaaarrrrr!!!!! grin
is nor me and you pple cry
Am going to UNN

To be sincere you guys are really wasting ur precious time,y not forget abt aluta, get ur certificate and fvck off!
Hian we will spend 5 yrs for a 4yrs course
angry
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by Dubemkelly(m): 8:36pm On Dec 03, 2015
yomalex:
Deviance' was the most appropriate and correct, used as a noun, what you driving out really?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by eniolaamoda: 8:36pm On Dec 03, 2015
This cannot happen in lasu never

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by ipreach: 8:37pm On Dec 03, 2015
This is just like the case when i was im school at Owerri

My SIGNATURE below will motivate you the more ....

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by yomalex(m): 8:44pm On Dec 03, 2015
Toscoas2:
Thank God u admitted dt u hv little knowledge, Defiance means act of defiant. ok?
deFiance is not the same as deViance
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by yomalex(m): 8:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
Harfisco:

is anyone above mistake
nobody is above mistake, that does not mean people will not point out our mistakes.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by Dubemkelly(m): 8:47pm On Dec 03, 2015
yomalex:

To the best of my little knowledge defiance is the more appropriate word in this case. Student Protest is not a deviant behaviour
In contextuality, that statement never implied that the protest was aa deviant behaviour rather the students. who have ignored the directives. have been warned of deviating from a usual culture of not abiding to the rules and regulations guiding the school as the school's motto read 'For Culture and Learning' there was nothing wrong in its usage
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:47pm On Dec 03, 2015
I think the power to close universities which VCs enjoy should be curtailed.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by onyxo76(m): 8:48pm On Dec 03, 2015
Iamanonymouss:

mopol shocked that's brutal.
why are these Omoles like this? where you there when Afrika died?
yeah...the most horrific night in my life...lost my colleague eviano who bled to death on medical floor in faj ...those cultists were something else..till today i wonder how they left campus since the gate closes at 11pm till 6am...the attack took place between 4-5am..
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by shidof(m): 8:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
Aminat508:
no nah cheesy
isokay oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by handsam(m): 9:10pm On Dec 03, 2015
End time OAU SUG
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by OAUTemitayo: 9:36pm On Dec 03, 2015
ladycomfort:
. Kindly keep your mouth shut. Time wasters
Your ignorance is mindbogglingly
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by kayjegs: 9:41pm On Dec 03, 2015
Any small thing...the SU is suspended. It shouldnt always have to be this way. Can't the authority just dialogue with students. For most of the SU struggles I witnessed in OAU as a student back then, all were legitimate. It is a way of checking the excesses of the authorities but they don't like being told that they are not doing well. Instead ask students to vacate school and suspend people anyhow. I still maintain that students wont protest for anything if the authorities do what they are supposed to do; provide/maintain the amenities needed and even if they can't do that due to some constraints, they should always be willing to meet with students and discuss in a reasonable and transparent manner. Well, it is a reflection of the Nigerian society...leaders not wanting to listen to those they accountable to. Too bad. I may not have a clear picture of why this SU was suspended since I am not in the country but I am 75% sure it is not the fault of the students.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by Leitner: 9:44pm On Dec 03, 2015
chisombenedicta:
Am going to UNN

To be sincere you guys are really wasting ur precious time,y not forget abt aluta, get ur certificate and fvck off!
angry
Lolz. I'm also not really supporting them. Not that I don't support their cause,it's more of a case of not supporting the way they carry out their cause. I think by now this people(SUG and students),should know that it's only students that lose @ the end anytime they employ their radical method of protest. Na civilized society,where people care about the people under them protest dey work.

You seriously considering going to UNN?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by ladycomfort(f): 9:58pm On Dec 03, 2015
OAUTemitayo:
Your ignorance is mindbogglingly
. Seriously I don't remember quoting you. Time waster SUG. Bunch of time wasters.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by OAUTemitayo: 10:44pm On Dec 03, 2015
ladycomfort:
. Seriously I don't remember quoting you. Time waster SUG. Bunch of time wasters.
mumu
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by ladycomfort(f): 10:46pm On Dec 03, 2015
OAUTemitayo:

mumu
. Look at the mumu here. Eranko
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by OAUTemitayo: 11:09pm On Dec 03, 2015
ladycomfort:
. Look at the mumu here. Eranko
Oloso get lost
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by Dunsin89(m): 11:09pm On Dec 03, 2015
chisombenedicta:
Am going to UNN

angry
Safe journey!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by crownprince102: 11:24pm On Dec 03, 2015
JohnReese:
Try dis rubbish in university of ilorin, all the sUG excos will be expelled and nothing will happen. Stay dere and be shouting Victoria ascerta. Mtcheewwwww
unilorin is just a glorified secondary school now
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by crownprince102: 11:25pm On Dec 03, 2015
JohnReese:
Are u aware dey beat up a driver dat later died? Over sabi na him dey worry u.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by crownprince102: 11:27pm On Dec 03, 2015
JohnReese:
Are u aware dey beat up a driver dat later died? Over sabi na him dey worry u.
rumours easily circulate, the driver is alive at OAUTHC
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended by ladycomfort(f): 11:57pm On Dec 03, 2015
OAUTemitayo:
Oloso get lost
. Na your mama be olosho. These SUG guys are so irresponsible. Wereee

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students / ASUU Strike: Lady Loses Masters Admission In Cape Town, South Africa / Amaechina Chimbusonma Nwadiuto Scores Nine A1s In 2023 WASSCE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.