Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,077 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? (18408 Views)

Avoid These Phrases When You Are Quitting Your Job / Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by toksbisola: 11:52pm On Dec 03, 2015
@Op; sorry for your terrible experience with your mean and arrogant boss. However, from a professional point of view, it is not advisable neither is it ethical for you to insult your boss when resigning even if they were mean and arrogant to you.

The professional thing to do when resigning is to thank the company for giving you the opportunity to work for them and WISH THE COMPANY WELL AND BE ON YOUR WAY TO THE NEXT ADVENTURE.

Even if you were going to set up your own business; it’s still not a good idea as you never know if a major customer of yours knows this your mean and arrogant boss and they tell them that you insulted them what would you then do if the mean boss influences this your major customer and then they stop doing business with you; what then?

News has ways of reaching the air even after you’ve left; hence, DON’T TARNISH YOUR REPUTATION; JUST LET IT GO. Not sure if you've resigned from the company now; but concentrate on continuous improvement in your career/business aspirations.

Learn to be courteous even to mean and arrogant bosses as you never know where you’ll meet again; and they might even end up apologizing to you later on and what happens then?

You’re not even thinking about the reference that you’ll require from your old boss which might be required by your new boss. If you insult your old boss now, who would give you the reference then? Although HR might do that; but most bosses would require your previous boss’ input in your reference history. It's a small world; hence, be very careful.

All the best though in your new employment if you,ve secured one and hope you’ll not have another bitter experience with your new boss.

I rest my case

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by azzima(m): 12:01am On Dec 04, 2015
You might need his reference later.....it's a small world. So just thank him.
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by southcent: 12:13am On Dec 04, 2015
you might as well slap him too,ode

Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by TheAziz: 12:15am On Dec 04, 2015
op just let your boss be, no one knows what the future holds
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by lebete3000: 12:23am On Dec 04, 2015
Even if you won't need his help ever again in life...it's still very immature to let off steam by insulting him....it only shows you've stored up hate in you and you don't know how to handle stress.

Stress should be handled as it comes and not stored up. Most annoying people are actually not worth your thought or time.
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by InvertedHammer: 12:30am On Dec 04, 2015
Oooops:
Nairalander's, Please help share your views.

You have been enduring your boss who has been feeling on top of the world using you as house boy and maltreating the heck outa you, and you finally got this dream job. Is it right to state how wicked he has been and outrightly but maturedly insult him in your resignation letter

The feeling of just quitting without him knowing the pains you went through doesn't make sense to me! You sitdown think am too na!!!

/
The world is big but small.

Keep it in and walk away.

\

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by ThinkingOutLoud(m): 12:34am On Dec 04, 2015
Of course you should. it's therapeutic. Go on!
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by prince626(m): 12:34am On Dec 04, 2015
The Konga FAllYakata Seasonal Sale is Over, Yet me and my Team are Making Great Sales and Smilling to the bank.
Since it's end of the year, We want to let everyone know how we did it (getting loads of cash commissions from Konga Every month).
Because Lots of people have been Complaining of Not making Enough Commissions From Konga Affiliate Program.
We want Everyone to make money before end of the year, This is the Easiest and The Fastest way of making money online in Nigeria and the first to produce a millionaire Online.
>>>PLEASE NOTE: STRICTLY FOR SERIOUS MINDED NIGERIANS<<<
Click Here>> http:///qXPrcQ

Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by Nobody: 12:51am On Dec 04, 2015
Pheals:
A big No!! Business is connection U can meet him/her in another boss place think of the future not now
FVCK this shitt you just said undecided

before I used to believe this piece of Shiite you said up there! not until when I started knowing you can't put ya trust on any man and ya don't know how the future look like.

the people you think ya know may be the very people that will destroy ya life! strangers do help or put ya trust in God or God do the connection in different ways ya don't see it coming.

just eat what you just said!
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by mamagee3(f): 12:57am On Dec 04, 2015
No because you would still need a recommendation from your former boss to get a new job.

You don't need to insult your boss no matter the reason, just quit!
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by Nobody: 12:59am On Dec 04, 2015
Oooops:

You have been enduring your boss who has been feeling on top of the world using you as house boy and maltreating the heck outa you, and you finally got this dream job. Is it right to state how wicked he has been and outrightly but maturedly insult him in your resignation letter

The feeling of just quitting without him knowing the pains you went through doesn't make sense to me! You sitdown think am too na!!!

Ooops!!!

Please do no such thing. From my experience as a floor staff who grew to Manager level in a QSR I can tell you that a lot of times the problem isn't that your boss is a terrible person but the immense pressure that they face in order to get things done would make any right thinking person Don a Stern personality.

This isn't who they are though, just who they have to be in order to be able to achieve results. Someday when you have grown in your career, you would also come to be regarded as a terrible boss by some people.

Just let it go, it isn't a good idea to me to involve personal squabbles into the relationships you will inevitably acquire all your working life.
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by Nobody: 1:02am On Dec 04, 2015
It is unethical, immature and unprofessional to condescend to such low pedestal. I always want to have the upper hand, therefore, I would not insult my employer or fellow employees whilst I am resigning. The Honourable thing to do is resign without pleasantries (while maintaining politeness in your interactions with your employer, superiors, colleagues, put up an impenetrable brick wall.
You will still need their referrals in the future, so a war of words wouldn't be ideal. Be nice, but keep the distance and do not answer any questions targeted at your privacy or new employment.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by obowunmi(m): 1:55am On Dec 04, 2015
Don't do it.

Just let it go and move on.
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by JohnReese: 1:58am On Dec 04, 2015
Don't insult him/ her oooo, just resign and leave peacefully. He could be friends with ur new employers. This world is a small place. Just leave him in the hands of God, he will be paid in his own coin soon.
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by greggng: 2:03am On Dec 04, 2015
Pls don't ever insult your boss. One thing is certain nature has got a way of bring people back again. One day I got a teaching job and the owner. Kept on using me badly. I got fedup and he refused to pay me my salary. I got very angry and called him names. 2years later I applied for another job and guess what? The wife of my former boss was the owner . She gave me the job but things got bad when the husband visited the office and saw me. The next day I told them I was living but the wife asked me why and I explained everything to her. I was given what they owed me before plus my current salary. I was about living when the wife told me that I ve been promoted to be the head of auditing department. She said nature brought us back to amend our ways. I regretted all that I told the husband and I was forgiven. You might not be as lucky as I was back then. My advice praise him in ur letter and wish his company well allow him to suffer the guilty while you move on to ur new job

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by Beey(f): 2:36am On Dec 04, 2015
Aniomaman81:
It's not worth it, could come back to hurt you in the future...take this from a HR professional who sees these sort of things frequently.

Congrats on the new role!
I beg to differ.I once had a very cruel boss.She turned my life at work into a living hell.In most cases, such bosses never have anything good to say about someone for the records.I used to enter the compound and would be walking on eggshells.But one day I decided that I had enough.Infact it was my boss together with her supervisor in the office.I wrote a letter and gave it to my bosses's boss. I said whoever has been wanting me out can now enjoy the privilege of working my hours overtime.But I refuse to be made an option when I could be a priority somewhere.See, I am tired of Africans living in fear in order to impress.If I don't like you, I don't have to pretend like I do because you are not my God.bosses who treat you like a trash and then you are scared of burning bridges,you ought to know there were no bridges to burn in the 1st place.You did not have a relationship.Everyone will advise to stay calm and act like nothing happened.I belong to a different school of thought.I'll give you dose of your own medicine before burning bridges if any.Bosses are not your God! Mtcheeew.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by daphid25(m): 2:44am On Dec 04, 2015
Just tell him the truth about him
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by Nobody: 3:07am On Dec 04, 2015
Oooops:

Only a fool and an unprofessional person would do that.

The world is now a small place.

Just give notice, leave clean and tidy. You have nothing else to prove.

Even if they invite you for an exit interview just decline or make up sweet stories to tell them.
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by codereloader: 3:23am On Dec 04, 2015
Is it advisable 4 a christian to insult? No ofcus
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by Funminicrown: 4:12am On Dec 04, 2015
In my last resignation letter, i stated it in a bold form that they should pay me my long overdue salary. As it's the director's norm to delay salary and pay in tokens hence you wouldn't do something tangible with the money. About three of us left in that same manner stating how bad they are towards employees and the good part is that they have changed a bit. I learnt they now pay on the 1st or 2nd of the following months as against their 48days or 72days in a month. I pray they pay this month's salary before xmas, because na January we dey always collect December money. Family business, God forbid.
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by Sgtkoselupa: 4:56am On Dec 04, 2015
Never!

Just move on with your life.
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by Adaeze003(f): 5:11am On Dec 04, 2015
I think you've insulted him already by getting a better job.

Just leave...

Careful with the people you meet on your way up coz you might meet them on your way down...

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by XCLUX(m): 5:41am On Dec 04, 2015
Don't dare to burn the bridge, and remember that karma is a b*tch, he might be a friend or a relative of your new boss.
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 5:46am On Dec 04, 2015
PresVA:
grin grin grin.. Chaii, op must have suffered...

Anyway, I think you should just let him be.. you should be thankful that you're free from his shackles. . In as much as I understand your anger, insulting him doesn't change a thing...it isn't ethical. ..

What if you insult him, then find out he's one of the major shareholders in your new company or the company maybe owned by his friend as managers network a lot. .

Just let it go!
Like the case of Frank Dunga(hope I got the spelling correctly)-THE INTERVIEW grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by gradeA(m): 5:54am On Dec 04, 2015
Don't burn bridges you used to cross cos you might need to come back.
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by obasegun88(m): 6:36am On Dec 04, 2015
Hell no! Who knows you two might meet up some day and require each other's help. Never create enemies where there is none, friends are never enough.
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by Topsido(m): 6:39am On Dec 04, 2015
Go ahead and insult him.. ungrateful rat. Someone gives you the oppourtunity to work when millions are jobless and all you wanna do is to insult him? I i know people like you... always seeing what the boss is doing wrong, never seeing their own laziness, lack of diligence, ceeativity, and common sense. So your boss is a mad person that he hates you for just working with him? Go ahead in your new job and see if you will ever see a better boss anywhere.
I once had a terrible lady boss and felt very stupid the day she asked if we thought she was naturally a stern person. She has bosses too and while we go sleep after work she bears terrible heapdaches on daily basis.
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by goldcareer: 7:01am On Dec 04, 2015
Insult is a way of life black man feel superior to thier subordinates. Swallow ur anger and pain... U might even meet bitter ones ahead. Just try to enjoy everyday u spend on this earth.

As for me i don't go home angry... "Everyday"
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by kolokolobi(m): 7:03am On Dec 04, 2015
A long time ago I worked for 90 days with a chap, non Nigerian, that I met through a mutual friend. The period I spent with him was a mix bag and so I told him I was moving on. I deliberately chose to say only good things about him to mutual friends and ignored all the not too pretty incidents which I'm sure he and his wife expected me to spill. All the mutual friends always said he asked them,,, ,,,, you mean that's what he said happened,,,, I knew that line of action will shock him. So much so he tried to get me to do a job for him, a lucrative one I might add too, outside Nigeria but I turned it down. But all in all that decision to just ignore the bad aspects of our relationship and only say the good kept the door open and no bad blood.
So OP let it slide. One day you'd be glad you didn't lash out on him.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by magabounce(m): 7:06am On Dec 04, 2015
In fact coz d dude schooled in d u.k, Wen awz resigning he did an "exit interview" with me asking me crap questions like how has it been and bla bla bla.. and my response... very well sir.. no problems @ all.. I just realised dat al@ d end, it's not just worth it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary / Icsan - Institute Of Chartered Secretaries And Administrators. / A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.