Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? (18402 Views)

Avoid These Phrases When You Are Quitting Your Job / Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by ybalogs(m): 7:11am On Dec 04, 2015
PresVA:
grin grin grin.. Chaii, op must have suffered...

Anyway, I think you should just let him be.. you should be thankful that you're free from his shackles. . In as much as I understand your anger, insulting him doesn't change a thing...it isn't ethical. ..

What if you insult him, then find out he's one of the major shareholders in your new company or the company maybe owned by his friend as managers network a lot. .

Just let it go!
Insult :No, Advice:Yes
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by ybalogs(m): 7:15am On Dec 04, 2015
Some bosses are just wicked and they should at least be told they ain't making their workers comfortable albeit in a form of an advice. There's no reason whatsoever to insult somebody that has fed you irrespective of how heartless such person is.
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by XaintJoel20: 7:21am On Dec 04, 2015
Let Karma be the judge...
Be rest assure that something someday may cause him/her to cross your path one day and on that day he would vulnerable and hapless, at that point you can pour your disgust on him.
Congratulation on your new job.
God wen do your own go still do my own in Jesus Christ name...
#Amen...
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by mapet: 7:23am On Dec 04, 2015
Oooops:
Nairalander's, Please help share your views.

You have been enduring your boss who has been feeling on top of the world using you as house boy and maltreating the heck outa you, and you finally got this dream job. Is it right to state how wicked he has been and outrightly but maturedly insult him in your resignation letter

The feeling of just quitting without him knowing the pains you went through doesn't make sense to me! You sitdown think am too na!!!

What if he also crosses over to the new dream work-place of your and becomes your boss again?

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by knight05(m): 7:45am On Dec 04, 2015
. .and after doing the insults you then realize that you are yet to collect your CV. grin. grin. grin
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by Adesiji77: 7:47am On Dec 04, 2015
Oooops:

You have been enduring your boss who has been feeling on top of the world using you as house boy and maltreating the heck outa you, and you finally got this dream job. Is it right to state how wicked he has been and outrightly but maturedly insult him in your resignation letter

The feeling of just quitting without him knowing the pains you went through doesn't make sense to me! You sitdown think am too na!!!

Are you for real? shocked

Anyway, that would be a BIG goof.

Has it crossed your mind that your new employer would still obtain references from your past employers?

You don't burn bridges...
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by knight05(m): 7:48am On Dec 04, 2015
knight05:
. .and after doing the insults you then realize that you are yet to collect your CV. grin. grin. grin
Oboi na boss win o
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by routsz: 7:49am On Dec 04, 2015
GogobiriLalas:
Nope, don't burn bridges; but once you've left, if for any reason you meet him again and he tries to play boss with you, you should let him know in no uncertain terms that he's no longer your boss.

I tell ya . . when yr paths cross thereafter, he'll be remorseful & AFRAID! He's ever conscious of his wicked deeds to u.
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by creamylicious(f): 7:54am On Dec 04, 2015
Just when I was searching for vocabularies to yab this semiliterate boss of mine. But then who knows...... I may be a worse boss in future.
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by bigtt76(f): 7:58am On Dec 04, 2015
You nor de insult crocodile before you cross river naaaa grin
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by simplisity(m): 8:04am On Dec 04, 2015
Dont insult him, tell him the truth. If he is a bad boss, he shld make a change.
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by godwin120alex: 8:29am On Dec 04, 2015
what of if you resigned to work for yourself ?
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by godwin120alex: 8:32am On Dec 04, 2015
And let me tell you that there are some kind of boss that may never get that kind of position in another coy
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by ernecy(m): 8:58am On Dec 04, 2015
It's a small world, you never know what tomorrow brings. Just resign quietly and let it go
Oooops:

Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by brilliant5(m): 9:00am On Dec 04, 2015
U can ere ur griviances without insulting...
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by kunle75(m): 9:09am On Dec 04, 2015
Oooops:

Dont even try cos it will backfire on you soon,

Am a testimony of such...........please dont do it for your own sake.

How are u so sure he may not know someone in your work place.
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by LoveJesus87(m): 9:14am On Dec 04, 2015
PresVA:
See my comment above na... abi you wan pour the anger on me? grin
Lolz grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by compujyde: 9:21am On Dec 04, 2015
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 04, 2015
Guy free your boss. My is worse than yours. My boss never sees any good thing in me, he said I am not competent and whenever I hv a job aptitute test to write( without his knowledge), he gives me too many jobs to do and I end up closing by 7pm angry and tired when i get home hence failing my exam the next day. It repeat itself many times that I began to suspect he is diabolic. As if that is not enough, he recommended that I should be relieved of my duty. When I got wind of it, I resign the same weekend and in my latter I thank him for his fatherly way he treated me and appreciated him for the years I walked with him.
He did not say anything because he knows the reverse was the case. He has heard of my success story after I left, I even took time to visit him in the office and invited him for my wedding just to shame him indirectly.
I will advice you not to abuse him, you will surely cross part one day? The industry is a small world especially the oil and gas industry. You will meet him and am sure he will b ashamed then but his shame will come when your formal colleague start discussing your success within the company.
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by kilokeys(m): 10:12am On Dec 04, 2015
Oooops:

Don't make that mistake... Never burn bridges...
But u could keep ur distance.. I resigned last month.. 5 months salaries unpaid. But on my next job, my boss might be contacted..

So if u can't stay in the kitchen cos of the heat.. Get out..
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by kilokeys(m): 10:14am On Dec 04, 2015
fluxview:
Guy free your boss. My is worse than yours. My boss never sees any good thing in me, he said I am not competent and whenever I hv a job aptitute test to write( without his knowledge), he gives me too many jobs to do and I end up closing by 7pm angry and tired when i get home hence failing my exam the next day. It repeat itself many times that I began to suspect he is diabolic. As if that is not enough, he recommended that I should be relieved of my duty. When I got wind of it, I resign the same weekend and in my latter I thank him for his fatherly way he treated me and appreciated him for the years I walked with him.
He did not say anything because he knows the reverse was the case. He has heard of my success story after I left, I even took time to visit him in the office and invited him for my wedding just to shame him indirectly.
I will advice you not to abuse him, you will surely cross part one day? The industry is a small world especially the oil and gas industry. You will meet him and am sure he will b ashamed then but his shame will come when your formal colleague start discussing your success within the company.
On point.. The "diabolic" is very funny.. Same thing here.. Make she pay me abeg lemme Forge ahead.
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by Doncharis(m): 10:22am On Dec 04, 2015
ILOVETOFUCK:
If he/she fvcks well I'll collect his/her number before I leave.
It seems you really like to Bleep...maybe we can make a lovely pair...my digits...07039453404..….I reside in ABJ
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by Herrmes: 10:26am On Dec 04, 2015
Nah, is it ever right to insult anyone? But if I was you? I'mma do it anyway.
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by blackboy(m): 11:20am On Dec 04, 2015
Don't waste your words. There is the law of Karma. Its a small world too. Trust me he will get what he deserves. Move on and prove him wrong. Make it

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by tugo(f): 11:30am On Dec 04, 2015
[color=][/color][i][/i] grin grin never bite the finger dat fed u.. U might say u worked 4 d money but in oda hand what if he hasn't employed u?
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by Nkenkenyi87: 12:28pm On Dec 04, 2015
For me moving on and thankin him4d opportunity he gav u under his tutorship....anytin that happens is for ur gud...so jst add it to ur personal experience!
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by Juzzybabe(f): 12:58pm On Dec 04, 2015
I feel your pain but...The world is a small place. Politely tell him you are resigning and add a "Thank you sir"
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by viktor88: 1:16pm On Dec 04, 2015
Its nt yet time to insult him, wen u make it big time u can come 4 him

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by FrancisCAF: 1:19pm On Dec 04, 2015
Not advisable! The world is a small place. What goes around comes around. Tomorrow never dies. If you want to sentence him silently, then thank, appreciate and praise him for his care and concern beyond his imagination. Then he will go and die with his checkmate. Imaooo
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by alaskido(m): 1:57pm On Dec 04, 2015
Don't insult him. Just let him be. The world is a small place. Your paths may cross one day. Be always good to people you meet when climbing the ladder to success as you will definitely meet them on your way downwards.
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by cecegorz(m): 2:30pm On Dec 04, 2015
Oooops:

I think your reaction should be situational.
1. My advise is that if you still have any chance of working with the baga in the future, let the issue slide because he might still be your boss tomorrow (e.g Imagine insulting your boss at MTN because you're moving to Glo, then after two years the same guy comes over to Glo as your Boss again, you can bet your career will be on a permanent pulse till God intervenes)
NB: If you work in the corporate world, whenever you resign, always craft a very beautiful goodbye note, no matter how bad you were treated, this is because you will always need a referral from the company in your new place, and your boss may still be your boss in a new company.

2. If you are sure you won't encounter the guy in any way again as your boss, In fact, you can even give him a dirty slap if you can withstand him in physical combat (e.g if the baga is a one-man business owner of say, Chudi couriers, who enslaved you for years as his logistics manager, until you get that offer letter from NLNG, you see, God has separated your paths for life and you can afford to tell him off)

I actually had same experience with my first boss after NYSC, the baga never paid my salary until towards the end of the next month, and even at that he'll only give me a small portion of the paltry monthly pay.
The day my big offer letter landed men... I confronted him with all his sins, told him off and walked away like a boss!
I've never set eyes on him for almost 10years, and I can buy his entire company with one cheque if I see him now.
Re: Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 04, 2015
Its childish to insult him because you are leaving.so does it mean while you were with him you couldn't say your mind? just leave and let karma take its place

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary / Icsan - Institute Of Chartered Secretaries And Administrators. / A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.