Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,392 members, 7,836,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Northern Governors Meet Over Pro-Biafra Protest - Vanguard - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Governors Meet Over Pro-Biafra Protest - Vanguard (36914 Views)

Buhari In Talks With Igbo Leaders Over Pro-biafra Protests – Presidency / Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard / S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Governors Meet Over Pro-Biafra Protest - Vanguard by osigiepurr(m): 5:43am On Dec 04, 2015
U dey inside ur papa house dey press phone with MTN weekly 10MB. U are here ranting "we will fight till we get biafra........".who dey deceive who?...those miscreants will just die for nothing.

front247:
we will fight till we get biafra,one Nigeria is a scam

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors Meet Over Pro-Biafra Protest - Vanguard by Okies27(m): 6:42am On Dec 04, 2015
efilefun:

How does this relate to what I posted You see you the dullard here
A referendum (in some countries synonymous with plebiscite — or a vote on a ballot question) is a direct vote in which an entire electorate is asked to vote on a particular proposal. This may result in the adoption of a new law.
You remember Crimea?
Re: Northern Governors Meet Over Pro-Biafra Protest - Vanguard by MENELIK1: 7:56am On Dec 04, 2015
Noneroone:
Judging from history of conflict in the north, i never knew their governors could hold a secret meeting just to avert the killing of pple in their region as they just did.

May be they developed patriotism overnight to protect their son's government and Nigeria, knowing that any of such killings now will only advance the cause of Biafrans.

Does it also mean that killing frenzy we've been experiencing previously are merely left to occur for a reason?
And if they did not, you will still complain, now tell me, what do you really want from these governors?
Re: Northern Governors Meet Over Pro-Biafra Protest - Vanguard by kettykin: 8:11am On Dec 04, 2015
Dragonking:
Kanus family are safe and enjoying themselves in the UK with the money KANU collected for Biafra agitation while the fo0lish ones are suffering and shouting Biafra here in Nigeria.

Biafra agitation is beyond kanu, why become senile in your thinking
Re: Northern Governors Meet Over Pro-Biafra Protest - Vanguard by Dcaliphate(m): 8:15am On Dec 04, 2015
Noneroone:
Judging from history of conflict in the north, i never knew their governors could hold a secret meeting just to avert the killing of pple in their region as they just did.

May be they developed patriotism overnight to protect their son's government and Nigeria, knowing that any of such killings now will only advance the cause of Biafrans.

Does it also mean that killing frenzy we've been experiencing previously are merely left to occur for a reason?
I love the way u reason
Re: Northern Governors Meet Over Pro-Biafra Protest - Vanguard by toyinid78: 8:40am On Dec 04, 2015
Bigmillz:
No going back. No to Nigeria. Yes to Biafra
isupport u,my uncles married igbo ladies free of charge from biafra war n dey ar as prety as bianca ojukwus wife let d war begin me self wan marry one,after all dos wey die for biafra during ojukwu time na dia pikin b governors n senators today shey?
Re: Northern Governors Meet Over Pro-Biafra Protest - Vanguard by Laid2001: 8:56am On Dec 04, 2015
There are more Ibos outside of "Biafra" than Non-Ibos in the "Biafra Zone". So if the IPOB starts the hostility against others like before the last civil war, then they surely have more to lose.

1. The Ibos have more properties outside the east than they even probably have within. And they should say good bye to all when the war they are yarning for starts.

2. As they are the ones that are more outside their zone, they will surely record more death than the other tribes. Why going to Onitsha to kill Ibos, when you can easily kill more at Alaba or even in Sabon gari all over the North.

3. When the war starts, There will be total Blockade of the Igbo Land. The blockade of the civil war era will be a "keremi" compared to what will be done this time around.! And surely will be more devastating.

4. All Economic link with the Igbo land will cease and the hunger will begin. 70% of the death recorded last civil war was due to hunger from the Economic blockade.

And afterall, majority of these young boys never understood what happened to their grandfathers during the civil war!

WAR IS BAD. There are only Losers and no winner in war!

2 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Meet Over Pro-Biafra Protest - Vanguard by Alinobrown1(m): 9:59am On Dec 04, 2015
Herald47:
A step in the right direction.igbos have long over endure the killing of their kiths and kin in all the nooks and crannies of the nation.although some ipob protesters went too far by burning shops,trucks and a mosque,thanks to obiano for making a haste to repair the mosque,but i must commend the ipob protesters for not touching the life of any civilian,this is formal because LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THAN MOSQUE,SHOPS AND TRUCKS PUT TOGETHER,i wish the northerners can learn from them.
ya and churches too
Re: Northern Governors Meet Over Pro-Biafra Protest - Vanguard by 3Ceagle(m): 10:02am On Dec 04, 2015
It is important at this point in time in our nationhood that our "leaders" act pro-actively than be reactionary in leadership. while the governor's action is commendable, they should also ensure that no violence is directed to any person or properties of persons leaving up north. We have heard of such meetings in the past which did not stop the continued violence. Nigeria is a country of diverse tribes so also are peoples comment on the national issues here,but one thing we all agree on is that life is sacrosanct and nobody has the right to take another persons life under any guise. We should also understand that no single person or group of persons has the monopoly of violence,so there should be respect and caution on the way we talk and act to one another. For those calling for a breakaway for any reason(s), it is left for other groups to convince them to stay as one united nation. In the modern world,coerciveness brews violence. While there are huge benefits as a big country, this is achieved by the individual groups collapsing there different selfish aspirations for common good of the country, provided the common aspirations and will of the larger society will ensure security, equity and justice. The Biafran agitators have tabled their grievances, though a bit to the extreme, just like others; OPC/Afenifere, MEND, MOSOP had done in the past and even Boko Haram. It is important that the present leadership listens to all persons and take appropriate steps to correct any perceived grievances. The present administration should look into the constitutional conferences report for insight and show the political good will to implement relevant sections.
Re: Northern Governors Meet Over Pro-Biafra Protest - Vanguard by warripekin(m): 10:50am On Dec 04, 2015
Laid2w:
There are more Ibos outside of "Biafra" than Non-Ibos in the "Biafra Zone". So if the IPOB starts the hostility against others like before the last civil war, then they surely have more to lose.

1. The Ibos have more properties outside the east than they even probably have within. And they should say good bye to all when the war they are yarning for starts.

2. As they are the ones that are more outside their zone, they will surely record more death than the other tribes. Why going to Onitsha to kill Ibos, when you can easily kill more at Alaba or even in Sabon gari all over the North.

3. When the war starts, There will be total Blockade of the Igbo Land. The blockade of the civil war era will be a "keremi" compared to what will be done this time around.! And surely will be more devastating.

4. All Economic link with the Igbo land will cease and the hunger will begin. 70% of the death recorded last civil war was due to hunger from the Economic blockade.

And afterall, majority of these young boys never understood what happened to their grandfathers during the civil war!

WAR IS BAD. There are only Loser and no winner in war!
Igbos have more properties in other parts of Nigeria than the southeast and yet they are clamouring for Biafra. Have u asked Ur self why?
2. You are talking abt an economic blockade of the southeast region should there be war, smh, why do you think what happened in 67-70 will happen again and why do you think it will be British/Russia backed war against Biafra again. Besides, u may not believe it, should their be war, Niger delta area will not side with one Nigeria.
3. Must there be war before we answer the Nigerian question? Why are we as Nigerians afraid to ask d Nigerian question knowing fully well if properly addressed will lead to equity and fairness in Nigeria which will in turn solve problems of corruption, ethnocentrism, nepotism etc.
4. Why are yorubas afraid of a sovereign Biafra, for the Northerner I can understand, Nigeria as it were favours them but d Yoruba I still don't understand.
5. Anything that makes Biafra a reality will surely bring about a Niger delta republic and you know what that means for the north and southwest. The oil industry shifts there head offices to Niger delta republic , Igbo businesses which include over 70% importation businesses relocates as well. Lagos will loose its economy. Because of abandoned property issues, property rate will crash in Lagos and yet ppl will not have money to buy. Expect crisis in Lagos because opc and millions of agberos will fight to occupy Igbo and Niger deltans property/wealth.
6. It is better to jaw jaw than to war war and it angers me when I see threats from the Nigerian state to supposedly fellow Nigerians. Telling them to remember what happened to their fathers as if that will deter them.
7 . 9 unarmed Nigerian citizens were murdered by the Nigerian state, and nobody is talking about that and some people are gloating over it. The so called mr President is keeping mum and people are calling them miscreants. It tells u a lot about Nigeria and no country stands when her citizens mean nothing to them.
8. The last time I checked this people are asking for a referendum not war to atleast put their believe to test. Why is the Nigerian state afraid. I have always, if we continue in this trajectory, Nigeria as a country will never survive.
9. Those who are making peaceful change impossible are making a violent change inevitable.
Re: Northern Governors Meet Over Pro-Biafra Protest - Vanguard by chrisblack: 1:54pm On Dec 04, 2015
paramakina202:
An attack on Igbos in the north is not advisable cos that's the game plan of IPOB and they will definitely cash in on it,the uprising will be unstoppable to the extent the governors in the east will have to escape to Abuja to safe their lives.Biafrans are not laughing!
OK they should keep planing on taking their step to the next level attacking government infrastructure and people of other region.we all are watching.my pity is just those that have the ability to speak out but have kept quite. When it starts there will be no discrimination in terms of sufferings and death

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors Meet Over Pro-Biafra Protest - Vanguard by Laid2001: 2:51pm On Dec 04, 2015
The only solution is not to start violence against people from other region. Everybody have his right to peaceful assembly and protest. But his rights stops where that of others starts.

If the Ibos, want peaceful ways of realizing Biafra they can take the following steps: if u can unite and follow the following steps then I can tell you, welcome to the Republic of Biafra in advance.

Withdraw all ur services from Nigeria
Withdraw your kinsmen who are public office holders e.g Ike Ekweremadu, deputy senate president etc.
Reject all the ministerial nomination from the so called Nigeria.
Endeavour to reject Federal Allocation. u re very industrious people u will be better off without it
Stop all forms of importation through the Nigerian sea port so that Nigeria will crumble without ur Tax
Recall all your sons and daughters from all parts of Nigeria to relocate to home until this fight is over then Nigeria can beg them to come back as expatriate.
Lock up all ur shops in idumota, Alaba international, Kano main market, and every other market even in the remote villages across the country.
Go beyond closing of the Niger bridge stop all Nigerians from buying or selling in Onitsha Main market or Ariaria market in Aba.
Make sure u make ur Visa very hard for Nigerians.
This fight can be achieved without Violence just like south Sudan. NO NEED FOR VIOLENCE.
Igbo kwenu!!! hee

warripekin:

Igbos have more properties in other parts of Nigeria than the southeast and yet they are clamouring for Biafra. Have u asked Ur self why?
2. You are talking abt an economic blockade of the southeast region should there be war, smh, why do you think what happened in 67-70 will happen again and why do you think it will be British/Russia backed war against Biafra again. Besides, u may not believe it, should their be war, Niger delta area will not side with one Nigeria.
3. Must there be war before we answer the Nigerian question? Why are we as Nigerians afraid to ask d Nigerian question knowing fully well if properly addressed will lead to equity and fairness in Nigeria which will in turn solve problems of corruption, ethnocentrism, nepotism etc.
4. Why are yorubas afraid of a sovereign Biafra, for the Northerner I can understand, Nigeria as it were favours them but d Yoruba I still don't understand.
5. Anything that makes Biafra a reality will surely bring about a Niger delta republic and you know what that means for the north and southwest. The oil industry shifts there head offices to Niger delta republic , Igbo businesses which include over 70% importation businesses relocates as well. Lagos will loose its economy. Because of abandoned property issues, property rate will crash in Lagos and yet ppl will not have money to buy. Expect crisis in Lagos because opc and millions of agberos will fight to occupy Igbo and Niger deltans property/wealth.
6. It is better to jaw jaw than to war war and it angers me when I see threats from the Nigerian state to supposedly fellow Nigerians. Telling them to remember what happened to their fathers as if that will deter them.
7 . 9 unarmed Nigerian citizens were murdered by the Nigerian state, and nobody is talking about that and some people are gloating over it. The so called mr President is keeping mum and people are calling them miscreants. It tells u a lot about Nigeria and no country stands when her citizens mean nothing to them.
8. The last time I checked this people are asking for a referendum not war to atleast put their believe to test. Why is the Nigerian state afraid. I have always, if we continue in this trajectory, Nigeria as a country will never survive.
9. Those who are making peaceful change impossible are making a violent change inevitable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osinbajo Visits Scene Of Building Collapse In Abuja (Photos) / List Of Companies Involved In The NNPC $26B Contract Scandal / Farooq Kperogi: How APC Can Solve Its Tinubu Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.