Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) (88909 Views)

Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos / See what they did to the Lion killed in Jos. Pix / Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by hero10(m): 6:51am On Dec 05, 2015
texazzpete:
OP makes an assumption that is most certainly false.

It looks like they are skinning it, not necessarily cutting it up for meat. Lion skin is highly prized...worth much more than any meat on it.

if people think before spewing trash on nairaland, nairaland will be a better place. U are among the fortunate ones

As for the OP, SMH
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by shizzy7(f): 6:57am On Dec 05, 2015
Madness every where. What can we not eat in this country? we eat dog, snake, rat, monkey, cat, Bush meat and now LION the king of the jungle.

To all the suya eaters, u na go chop human being meat one day.
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by menix(m): 6:59am On Dec 05, 2015
Goddaughter:
Is something wrong with your brain? Y must u talk any how?

Did ur parents molest u

Why do u think about from their opinion others don't have..

Italian Ewu.
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by mustybobo(m): 7:02am On Dec 05, 2015
No! No!! No!!! I can't believe this, like I said earlier, d MD is not capable at all...1. he failed to provide a tranquiliser to d store n now, cant he just think of emberming d lion n still keep in d park! Gosh, he can still make some money on it
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by Holysholay: 7:09am On Dec 05, 2015
it appears they cutting out the skin, to be dried and used for decoration
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by Chastekingkong(m): 7:11am On Dec 05, 2015
durocity:
Awon elebi gbogbo!!! Blame BullHari
I no know say you go talk bro,see how dem dhey form with dead lion like say na shekau...blame jonathan *wish it alive to see this rubbish*then otherwise ni o ba je

durocity:
I no know say you go talk bro,see how dem dhey form with dead lion like say na shekau...blame jonathan *wish it alive to see this rubbish*then otherwise ni o ba je

durocity:
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by shaxxjesse: 7:13am On Dec 05, 2015
grin grin i know what you mean mehn lipsrsealed
bigtt76:
Enuf butantashi tinz naaaa grin
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 05, 2015
akksplendor:
What a country! Naija! grin

www.newseveryhour.com/2015/12/photo-of-men-cutting-lion-killed-in-jos.html
Lots of uneducated people on Nairaland.

OP, these guys are taking away the skin and probably sell it which is quite expensive in the market.
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 05, 2015
nikkyshyne:
Hey... Been a while.... Mumcy nko?
fine fine. do you stay around or you have relocated. would like to meet you if you don't mind?
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by lamoskii(m): 7:14am On Dec 05, 2015
they are not going to eat they just need it skin and oil for medication
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by AJaylee(m): 7:17am On Dec 05, 2015
menix:
No wonder they killed it...

Useless End Time Morafuckers...

Well I blame Buhari tongue, there is hunger everywhere..
Brother go nd eat poison nd blame d president
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 05, 2015
some odes expect em to just bury the lion so it rots. from what i see they are skinning it. the skin is worth a lot u don't just waste it buy burying it.
if they ate it lol wetin concern u, na ur lion? thats why they r at d top of d food chain baby.
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by annyz: 7:19am On Dec 05, 2015
One day we hear that embalmed lion in the museum escaped
Next day people found eating the .......
Hungry every where bros & sis
Beliv me som persons neva chop for some days now

Place where people take kpomo (leather) as best delicacy instead of using to improving leather industries

Na waooh

May God helps us!!!
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by cliffbecks: 7:25am On Dec 05, 2015
Who gave us the name , Naija giant of Africa . Common Injection for animals we don't ve ,with all zoo in Nigeria ,and the zoologist and all PhD holders in Zoology in this country . The first thing that entered my mind was they should use their gun with that injection. Then I was told we don't ve it the best option was to kill it ,its a petty for us as a country .
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by menix(m): 7:29am On Dec 05, 2015
AJaylee:

Brother go nd eat poison nd blame d president

That ur parents sell Rat poison does not mean you should start handing it out to people.
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by wayitis: 7:33am On Dec 05, 2015
Its the skin they are interested in, it's worth a thousand times the price if the meat
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by Binsani(m): 7:36am On Dec 05, 2015
The return of Ebola.
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by borngenius(m): 7:38am On Dec 05, 2015
Obviously these guys have not heard of poaching before & they r uploading their pictures with pride. Who knows if this is d last surviving lion in Nigeria. Them suppose arrest them.
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by borngenius(m): 7:40am On Dec 05, 2015
cliffbecks:
Who gave us the name , Naija giant of Africa . Common Injection for animals we don't ve ,with all zoo in Nigeria ,and the zoologist and all PhD holders in Zoology in this country . The first thing that entered my mind was they should use their gun with that injection. Then I was told we don't ve it the best option was to kill it ,its a petty for us as a country .

Bros its called tranquilizer.

1 Like

Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by ojnnaco(m): 7:42am On Dec 05, 2015
Where is animal law
if its in other climes, the animal that escaped will be shoot with an unconscious drugs and still be taken to Zoo but in the case of Nigeria it will be used as meat .
Buhari Check oooo
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by nikkyshyne(f): 7:49am On Dec 05, 2015
oluface:
fine fine. do you stay around or you have relocated. would like to meet you if you don't mind?
Naa.. Not around anymore smiley
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 05, 2015
fratermathy:
So people eat LIONS? What won't we eat in Nigeria? Next will be wood, paper, cuffs, biro, tsetse fly, mosquito, wheelbarrow, Buhari, Amaechi, etc.

Naija nawao. Jasysandra, Freemanan, Goodboiyy; make una come chop o. I have a well garnished mosquito soup, flavoured with blue biro ink and served in a wheelbarrow for your delicacy!. cool

Lolz.. Omo that 1 go sweet o.. Omo u for cook Ukodo soup na.. with lime leave, Snake, Spider, Scorpio, iguana, lizard.. omo life is Good grin
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by toprealman: 8:12am On Dec 05, 2015
AngryNigerian:
So...

Lion is edible

I thought...it is a canivorous animal ooo
I been think say I don hear am finish...lol grin
AngryNigerian:
So...

Lion is edible

I thought...it is a canivorous animal ooo
I been think say I don hear am finish...lol

1 Like

Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by tokz(m): 8:14am On Dec 05, 2015
Yes, people do eat lions. However, what they are doing here is to skin the lion.
Everyone who kills a lion has to skin it and keep the fur.
It is a great symbol of a warrior to have lion skin.
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by ipreach: 8:18am On Dec 05, 2015
Blame BUHARI for bringing hunger into Niger

#NoToSocialMediaBill

Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by Artorius(m): 8:18am On Dec 05, 2015
godman01:
Out of the strong came something to eat...

Hahaha, this is my comment of the year LOL grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by skak(m): 8:20am On Dec 05, 2015
This Lion belongs to Yankara Games Reserve which went missing few days back.......

Some months back one Hippopotamus get missing and found killed at Gombe and now our Lion in Jos....

Do you thing is fun killing animals? Do killing makes you any better, heros or what??

Enough is enough! we won't sit down while our animals get killed by our stupid neighbors. Next time you repeat such mistake would be like an invitation to war.

Dont say we no warn you.
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by ManTiger(m): 8:21am On Dec 05, 2015
Haaar! Oju Aiye ree.

This should have been embalmed and put inside the museum.
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by charlsecy(m): 8:22am On Dec 05, 2015
fratermathy:
So people eat LIONS?
There is no animal in existence that cannot be eaten! If Mr. A doesn't eat it, Mr. B. does.
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by matrix199(m): 8:22am On Dec 05, 2015
RobinHez:

And u expect them to bury the meat just like that? undecided

They may have been stupid for shooting the lion dead, but they aint that hungry to cook the lion's meat.

Is that what you do to the rats you kill in your house, you cook them?
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by ekjerez(m): 8:25am On Dec 05, 2015
Feraz:
This is just sad!
wetin dey sad lifes are saved
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by vivianblog1(f): 8:26am On Dec 05, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? / Snake Swallowing Another Snake In Enugu (Photos) / Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.