Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,622 members, 7,820,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) (88938 Views)

Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos / See what they did to the Lion killed in Jos. Pix / Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by ProudOlodo: 8:28am On Dec 05, 2015
Hysmady:
Shameless people...Something they have embalm and keep in their zoo museum...Nigeria has a very long way to go

Abi o. After dealing preventable death on the animal, the least they could have done is try make up for that unkindness. So, even the idea of using it for diorama didn't cross their wicked minds. All they could think is meat and prized hide. Who knows if that was the intention from the beginning

1 Like

Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 05, 2015
texazzpete:
OP makes an assumption that is most certainly false.

It looks like they are skinning it, not necessarily cutting it up for meat. Lion skin is highly prized...worth much more than any meat on it.

i think u mean lion skin with the hair on it
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by lonelydora: 8:32am On Dec 05, 2015
Speechless3:

The meat or the drink was probably poisoned, nothing wrong with them.

Dog meat is so sweet. You missing !

As beautiful as you are, you still eat dog meat instead of ice cream and sharwama. And to know you are Pro-Biafra. Please take me out to where you eat dog meat.
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by Wisdomkosi(m): 8:37am On Dec 05, 2015
Sweet meat
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by bmos(m): 8:37am On Dec 05, 2015
Melahou:
Chow is ready

Yes na. Lion meat is hard to come by. I wish I can get my hands on the liver!
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by fayose4real(m): 8:48am On Dec 05, 2015
lonelydora:
Must everything be meat in Nigeria?

That's how people ate dog meat and ogogoro sometime ago in Port Harcourt and died.
so after killing it what next? they should bury it or they should burn it? u pple sha
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by RobinHez(m): 8:58am On Dec 05, 2015
And then he compares the lion to the rats in my house

matrix199:

They may have been stupid for shooting the lion dead, but they aint that hungry to cook the lion's meat.

Is that what you do to the rats you kill in your house, you cook them?

Check this out...undecided
https://www.nairaland.com/1951971/mysterious-huge-fish-found-tip
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by osystein(m): 9:02am On Dec 05, 2015
Nigerians are now turning into Chinaman, everything is edible. mehn poverty is bad.
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by sammieee(m): 9:03am On Dec 05, 2015
I don't think they have to kill the lion in d first place. Technology has improve that they can shoot the lion and in 3 minute time the lion will be asleep or lost its consiousness and they will place it back to its cage. No need of killing and i heard that the lion has been their since 1972, so why killing it? It might survive to be the oldest lion in Africa which will makes good income cuz people like me will be curious to see the oldest lion in Africa. Smh on those that killed it and still smiling!
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by LatestTrend: 9:25am On Dec 05, 2015
Very silly people. The fact that the lion is more than 40years should be a thing of pride to the zoo authority and Nigeria at large. It shouldn't be killed in the first instant. Those pictures show how ridiculous we are.
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by Keepshining(f): 9:35am On Dec 05, 2015
akksplendor:
What a country! Naija! grin

www.newseveryhour.com/2015/12/photo-of-men-cutting-lion-killed-in-jos.html
By the time you see cannibals out there,remember it starts from here.
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by mira4u: 9:55am On Dec 05, 2015
cheesy trust my homies
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by lordadex(m): 10:04am On Dec 05, 2015
This is serious! Jos guys no send o! Even lion
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by sweetgala(m): 10:15am On Dec 05, 2015
They are most likely skinning it, that is over $60,000 worth of bide. Easily sold
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by kenmaro: 10:36am On Dec 05, 2015
Suya things plus hide direct!
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 05, 2015
RobinHez:

Goto the civilized! And learn civilization... angry

#remix of goto the ants cool
Dey there dey blow grammar, civilization my foot. No worry I go carry tiger come put for ur house
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by drewxx88(m): 10:55am On Dec 05, 2015
op your wrong if you studied wildlife or zoology you would be familiar with a terminology called TAXIDERMY its more like taxidermy than eating that lion will be put on display when they are done ...
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by musicwriter(m): 11:44am On Dec 05, 2015
RobinHez:
I can just imagine the expression on the faces of the white men while they follow this story...

From the 'unfenced park' to the eating of the lion. undecided

Meaning?.

Are white people also to decide what to eat and what not to eat in Africa?. Well, I guess the look on their faces would be same as you would have, if you hear a son just got married to his father in New York, cause they're both gays. Or the archbishop of London is fukcing little boys in his church.
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by simplisity(m): 12:06pm On Dec 05, 2015
menix:
No wonder they killed it...

Useless End Time Morafuckers...

Well I blame Buhari tongue, there is hunger everywhere..
Make this hunger no reach Canibalism o! I no fit shout o!

1 Like

Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by ProudOlodo: 12:15pm On Dec 05, 2015
drewxx88:
op your wrong if you studied wildlife or zoology you would be familiar with a terminology called TAXIDERMY its more like taxidermy than eating that lion will be put on display when they are done ...

Authorities of the park may have weighed the expenditure implication of making a taxidermy mounting of the lion against keeping it alive and used the escape as an opportunity to "review" their budget and save more. Because I wonder why people who had plans to capture it alive as they said wouldn't be carrying good handful of tranq darts

1 Like

Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:17pm On Dec 05, 2015
texazzpete:
OP makes an assumption that is most certainly false.

It looks like they are skinning it, not necessarily cutting it up for meat. Lion skin is highly prized...worth much more than any meat on it.

My thoughts exactly.... Most Nairalanders are so gullible that they'll believe anything as long as it hits front page.... The Jos wild life park has a museum. the skin is probably going to be embalmed, stuffed to look alive and put in the museum.
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by satowind(m): 12:22pm On Dec 05, 2015
fratermathy:
So people eat LIONS? What won't we eat in Nigeria? Next will be wood, paper, cuffs, biro, tsetse fly, mosquito, wheelbarrow, Buhari, Amaechi, etc.

Naija nawao. Jasysandra, Freemanan, Goodboiyy; make una come chop o. I have a well garnished mosquito soup, flavoured with blue biro ink and served in a wheelbarrow for your delicacy!. cool
Guy I sware u mumu die. Can't stop laughing

But still on the matter we now value wild animal life more dan humans. People lament more here dan accident and boko haram death. Is an animal 4 goodness sake
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by sabi99(m): 12:22pm On Dec 05, 2015
I just pity d poor lion.......
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by satowind(m): 12:23pm On Dec 05, 2015
searchiing4love:
undecided THEY MAY BE IPO-BASTARD YOUTHS WHO ARE HUNGRY IN THIER BIAFRA PROTEST. SMH
u foolish die and some fool luv u
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by ProudOlodo: 12:33pm On Dec 05, 2015
satowind:

Guy I sware u mumu die. Can't stop laughing

But still on the matter we now value wild animal life more dan humans. People lament more here dan accident and boko haram death. Is an animal 4 goodness sake

That you're a superior being should rather give you a sense a responsibility to the lesser ones before a sense of dominance. It only shows those who care are in touch with that aspect of their humanity
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by anointed1234: 1:17pm On Dec 05, 2015
At least the would burn or remove the skin before eating the meat. They are not likely trying to eat it.
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by AJaylee(m): 1:20pm On Dec 05, 2015
menix:

That ur parents sell Rat poison does not mean you should start handing it out to people.
If my parents are selling it, so far I'm. Nt d one selling it, whoever buys is responsible for hw dey use it. Learn to blame urself for ur life not d govt or anything. People dat survive nd livin good dnt hav two hheads, make use of urs
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by luckyhunter(m): 3:07pm On Dec 05, 2015
Modafucker
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by kenoz(m): 3:27pm On Dec 05, 2015
Naija grin
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 05, 2015
maka why??
Re: The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) by akigbemaru: 3:35pm On Dec 05, 2015
Lion killed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? / Snake Swallowing Another Snake In Enugu (Photos) / Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.