Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June (16554 Views)

Poll: Which country will come out on top?

Nigeria: 93% (71 votes)
Kenya: 2% (2 votes)
Draw: 3% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 / Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by ogazi007(m): 9:57am On Jun 08, 2009
we gat the 3points but i was not impressed.
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by kshow1(m): 10:01am On Jun 08, 2009
This does not imply we are in S/A. tongue tongue
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by U1(m): 10:04am On Jun 08, 2009
kshow1:

You can say that again, man. angry
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by Biggee2(m): 10:22am On Jun 08, 2009
yea lady you are right we just flogged kenya 3 it was really cool,
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by honeric01(m): 10:32am On Jun 08, 2009
At least a draw in tunisia and a win here in nigeria will give us 80% assurance that we are going to SA 2O10
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by JAZES(m): 10:43am On Jun 08, 2009
Though we had the much expected 3points, i still strongly believe that a lot has to be done on the midfield and the defense else our chances of making it to SA will be cut short.
We cant afford to play Tunisia at home come june 20 with that awful defense we played yesterday.I believe Mikel still has a role to play in that midfield if given the opportunity.
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by hollandis(f): 10:48am On Jun 08, 2009
kshow1:

We would be there,I can assure you that.All we need is OGBUKE
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by FBS: 11:01am On Jun 08, 2009
The away match against Tunisia will decide who goes to the world cup.
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by honeric01(m): 11:02am On Jun 08, 2009
My formation against tunisia in rabad
Gk- Emyeama
lsb- taye taiwo
Rsb- apam
lcb- yobo
Rcb- adeyele
Dm- Mikel
Dm2- olofinjana
Om- kalu uche
Om2- osaze
f- ike uche
F2- Nsofor

Bench- kanu for kalu
Nwaneri for apam
kaita for olofinjana
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by qkman: 11:11am On Jun 08, 2009
9ja played quite well but they need to raise their game much more against the north africans (tunisia), if Mikel should be used, he must play his regular chelsea role as defensive midfielder not attacking.
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by hollandis(f): 11:15am On Jun 08, 2009
FBS:

The away match against Tunisia will decide who goes to the world cup.

Guy chill!!!  angry It will determine who  tops the table temporarily
Football is a game of 90mins.It is not over until it is over - Hollandis 2008
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by naso2(m): 11:17am On Jun 08, 2009
I will score the entire midfield 1/10 at least before kanu came in. Olofijana,kalu uche and etuhu were just  shit.
They never fought for any ball , I have not seen a set of midfielders that will be watching the opponent without any body attacking the ball when the opponent is in the third of your half like these boys did. They gave the ball away in a manner we have not seen even in an accord match.

I believe the defense was made to work extra because of the non-existent midfield.

It seems the boys and amodu used their last strength to play france and forgot that we have a WC match.

I commended the boys when they played france but an experienced coach should have known that in a world cup match
before home crowd when a team like tunisia had put extra pressure on us by winning their second match he should have played yobo at least. When you inject knew players into a team it is not always a wise decision when your entire defense line is made of new players. atleast yobo would have been the leader for the other rookies.

For those saying we dont need mikel and taiwo again in the team, i think they have to think again. My grouse has always been the complacency in the team , where some "big players" feel we do not have alternatives for them. The good thing about these new boys is that they will create the needed comptetion for places that will bring out the best in everybody.

I still believe mikel should be made to player the same DM role he plays for chelsea. Will olofijana or keita make a chelsea reserve team? So if not why not play mikel in that holding role where he has done well even against the world's best.

In all I think amodu is still not the right coach, he was simply helpless when things were not looking up for nigeria. Yes he made some changes but making changes should not be the first and only option left for a coach. We have seen seasoned coaches that have spoken to faultering players in a match and transform their poor showing to an excellent one. He did not know what to tell etuhu,kalu uche etc.

Yes it is better to play badly and get a good result than playing well and ending with a bad result. BUT THE RIGHT LESSONS MUST BE LEARNT OR ELSE TUNISIA WILL HAVE AN EASY RIDE. EVEN THE KENYAN COACH CONFIRMED IT AFTER THE MATCH.
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by shilling(f): 11:21am On Jun 08, 2009
Congrats to the Super Eagles, really proud of those guys. Here's hoping they keep the fire burning.
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by FBS: 11:26am On Jun 08, 2009
hollandis:

Guy chill!!! angry It will determine who tops the table temporarily
Football is a game of 90mins.It is not over until it is over - Hollandis 2008
This I know very well but once we are in driving seat . . .other teams can only do the catch-up. geddit?
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by hollandis(f): 11:44am On Jun 08, 2009
FBS:

This I know very well but once we are in driving seat . . .other teams can only do the catch-up. geddit?

ok wink
qkman:

9ja played quite well but they need to raise their game much more against the north africans (tunisia), if Mikel should be used, he must play his regular chelsea role as defensive midfielder not attacking.

Defensive midfielder again!!!!!
Do you know how many defensive midfielder we had in the match against Kenya?Ironically they posed serious problem for our defense line

WE DON'T NEED MIKEL

ECHIEJELE SHOULD BE GIVEN ENOUGH ENCOURAGEMENT SO THAT HE CAN MOVE FORWARD
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by Maryam: 12:19pm On Jun 08, 2009
The match was not encouraging cos if we had played with a standard team they would have beatin us in & out. d Kenyan's did not utilise d oppourtunity they had which was wat saved us
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by fizzybaba(m): 12:36pm On Jun 08, 2009
less we beat tunisia, we should prepare our lips to kiss the 2010 bid good bye
as they say, there is all to fight for
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by Bbng(f): 1:33pm On Jun 08, 2009
Was that a match?

The Kenyans were more hungry to win, unfortunately (for them), dem no sabi score, otherwise,

And please, if Kanu no wan retire, na by force say make we use am? The man is old! That we cannot 'see' white strands on his head and face does not change his 'age' o!!!
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by dayokanu(m): 1:41pm On Jun 08, 2009
Gk- Emyeama
lsb- taye taiwo
Rsb- apam
lcb- yobo
Rcb- adeyele
Dm- Mikel
Dm2- olofinjana
Om- kalu uche
Om2- osaze
f- ike uche
F2- Nsofor

Why you come include all those bad luck Mikel, Taiwo and Yobo. without Mikel and Taiwo we won Olympic Silver.

Without the trio, we beat France So why bring them back?
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by hollandis(f): 1:57pm On Jun 08, 2009
dayokanu:

Why you come include all those bad luck Mikel, Taiwo and Yobo. without Mikel and Taiwo we won Olympic Silver.

Thank you jare
those b-luck guys
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by chidichris(m): 2:29pm On Jun 08, 2009
The match was not encouraging cos if we had played with a standard team they would have beatin us in & out. d Kenyan's did not utilise d oppourtunity they had which was wat saved us

@maryam,
you really watched that match. most of the people calling for mikel, taiwo and yobo to be dropped are american based , hence they do not watch the match and have to depend their judgement on internet news.
taiwo, yobo, mikel, martins, yakubu and anichebe are still first team players in the super eagles.
kalu uche played the worst game of his life since i started watching him in football. dickson etuhu was nowhere to be found on the pitch. kenyans were simply unlucky and amodu excaped been sacked.

Gk- Emyeama
lsb- taye taiwo
Rsb- apam
lcb- yobo
Rcb- adeyele
Dm- Mikel
Dm2- olofinjana
Om- kalu uche
Om2- osaze
f- ike uche
F2- Nsofor

@dayokanu,
the above mentioned bad luck players played all the matches in the first phase of the qualifies where nigeria concieved only a goal and won all their matches in the group.
amodu not using them is just showing up so let us watch and see how far he can go. assuming he qualifies nigeria with them, i bet you, they will definitely be in sa with the team come 2010.
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by RSA(m): 2:51pm On Jun 08, 2009
Well done SE,watched the game and you guys started well slept through halfway and finished well.Now make sure that you don't repeat the same thing against Tunisia,cause if you give them a small chance they will hammer you.
Good luck,and see you in SA in 2010.
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by khanye(m): 3:00pm On Jun 08, 2009
Amodu is a fool!
I wonder what Olofinjana was doin on the pitch for 90min.
Etuhu is a DM not a OM
I was thinking he would sub Olo for Kanu in the 2nd half and Etuhu dropping into the DM
He (Olofinjana) was the cause of all problems
He's a DM for God sake, he cant even mark talk less of making good passes
In Nigeria Team, A player being on the bench for a whole season at a club is
better than one playing good at the other club!
I dont see them beating Tunisia Home & Away
If they lose against Tunisia in Rabat, Super Chickens r out!
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by honeric01(m): 3:08pm On Jun 08, 2009
@dayo
They are still needed, imagine how it will look like having replacements for each department in the team, didn't we clamour for standby players? We didn't play 100% well against kenya, that's why I want these players to be added because I don't want people saying amodu doesn't listen when they are the same people saying he should drop all former players now,
By the way, who said anichebe is a SE first team player? U must be smoking grinded hausa pepper. He comes in around 85 minutes in any of the SE matches he has played and he's also very useless when you need him most. Abeg, if una dey call strikers, don't mention that waste as one.
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by Dapo4u(m): 3:19pm On Jun 08, 2009
This is my opinion:
For players:
Most of our players ply their trade in Europe under tutelage of a good coach in their respective clubs, they come back home to meet another 'good coach' with a strange technical ability. This might not be an excuse for our lackluster performance nevertheless you cant give what you dont have.

Coach:
I have not watched S/Eagles for years now not until Sunday.This is what noticed on Sunday, when Uche scored, Amodu looked up unto the sky and said 'God! thank you for saving my job' Well,maybe with God, we will be in South Africa.

The trio:
Did Mikel play more matches than Anelka in Chelsea? How many matches did Yobo play last season?Yet Anelka was in for France but 'Nija players' as usual. For once, I gave credit to Amodu for dropping those players, no individual is bigger that the team.
Let us support our players and hope for better outings.
Up Super Eagles!
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by PAININASS: 4:06pm On Jun 08, 2009
MOST OF THE PPL ON HERE DON'T KNOW WHAT FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT,EXPECIALLY THOSE YANKY BASE. grin
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by deb(m): 5:04pm On Jun 08, 2009
The Eagles simply did what they used to do when they want to break our hearts.
They refused to contest every ball just because it is Kenya they were playing.

Everytime we contest every ball on the field of play, no matter what team we played
we always often come out top. Even if we don't win you will still be impressed.

Once again, the SE has demonstrated their lukwarm approach to smaller teams and they
are receiving all the bashing again.
And that coach, we need to change fast before things get worst.
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by jgillz: 5:36pm On Jun 08, 2009
The support from the fanz was massive,  the match ended well (at least it ended in our favour),  but the performance generally from our boyz was poor,  I hate d fact that d fanz started throwing things into the Track,  Thanks to Vice President of FRN, Chief Goodluck Jonathan, Speaker of the House of Reps, all the Governors (5 of them) and Ministers that came to support the Super Eagles.

I hope coach Amodu has noted all our mistakes,  n the boyz will improve in our next game.
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by khanye(m): 6:29pm On Jun 08, 2009
I hope coach Amodu has noted all our mistakes, n the boyz will improve in our next game.

I hope so
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by ow11(m): 6:41pm On Jun 08, 2009
Seyi Olofinjana should not play for Super Eagles again! Mikel should be sent back to Chelsea for pre-season since that's more important for him. angry We won an Olympic silver medal without him tongue
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by agabaI23(m): 6:58pm On Jun 08, 2009
I was jittery after 1st goal – Amodu
Super Eagles’ Chief Coach, Amodu Shaibu confessed that he was not comfortable with the display of his boys after they scored first goal in their 3–0 win over the Harambee Stars of Kenya on Sunday.

Speaking after the match, Amodu said his boys went to sleep and allowed the Kenyans enough space to operate.
He confessed that he never expected the tough opposition that the Kenyan team put up in the game at the National Stadium in Abuja.

“The match was tough, I must confess,” Amodu started. “I thought we would over run the visitors when we got the early goal, but they were determined to give us a good fight. In fact, I became jiltery when they continued the bombard our goalmouth with good flowing football.
“I am however happy that the changes I made paid off eventually. I noticed that we needed someone that could hold on to the ball and make accurate passes from the middle, that was why I introduced Kanu Nwankwo, and you would agree with me that he made all the differece.

“The chances we created were utilised at the commencement of the second period. But I must say here that we still need to do some work on the squad before we travel to Tunisia because that is where our qualification ticket lies now.

“Be that as it may, I am optmistic that the spirit in the team will be lifted with our win over Kenya.”
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/sports/2009/june/08/sports-08-06-2009-001.htm
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by shellicon(m): 10:47pm On Jun 08, 2009
Nigeria have beaten kenya but Tunisia match will determine wheather
they are going to S/A or not and if they don't tighten up there midfield and
fortunately qualify, let them expect 6-1 against them in their first
leg in S/Afica. Nigeria needs Yobo, yakubu,marthins in this squad.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Anthony Martial From Man United To Sevilla Is A Done Deal / Ucheibe Scores, Nnadozie Saves Penalty In Last Night's Champions League Matches / Kylian Mbappe Donates £27,000 For Emiliano Sala Pilot Search

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.