Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,662 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June (16561 Views)

Poll: Which country will come out on top?

Nigeria: 93% (71 votes)
Kenya: 2% (2 votes)
Draw: 3% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 / Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by gReenmAn(m): 8:23pm On Jun 07, 2009
Guve it to the boys.
They deserve to be applauded for the good football played tonight.

Lets just hope they keep up with form.

Good to see classic Kanu on display (even if he is 80 years old, as claimed by some) he
still delivered tonight.
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by GeorgeD1(m): 8:33pm On Jun 07, 2009
the boys try sha.
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by galatico(m): 9:00pm On Jun 07, 2009
Nigeria Super Eagles as they are called won't qualify for the World Cup that would be hosted in South Africa, why cause the Eagles aren't Super atall as they are called , Am not an Anti-Nigeria but I say what I wanna say and take my word am not a prophet , mark my words,
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by Jarus(m): 9:02pm On Jun 07, 2009
Still not the Eagles we want. .  . .but they are moving there little by little.

Kanu came in and added fluid to the game, giving SE possession and distributing the ball, and capped it with an intelligent pass to Osaz that gave us the second goal.

Another five-star performance from Ike Uche.

Over all, I will give them 6/10.

Kudos to Kenya. They gave a good account of themselves. They were only not sharp enough in burying their chances.
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by PAININASS: 9:03pm On Jun 07, 2009
that wasn't a wise word from you!!! shocked
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by dayokanu(m): 9:17pm On Jun 07, 2009
I insist Nigeria is better off without those overrated EPl players like

Yobo, Mikel, Martins and Aiyegbeni

Osaze, Ike Uche, Adeleye, Uche kalu have shown it that the Nigerians in EPL are not the best we have
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 07, 2009
I don't think Ike Uche had any 5 star performance

I understand its an attackers instinct to get selfish at times but he still has to pass the ball and play with others.

Kanu played well when he came in, I think the players need to learn from Kanu Nwankwo that when you recieve the ball you don't have to shake your bum or have too many touches before you pass to someone in space.

In this world of INIESTA / XAVI if we play a very technically gifted side they will dribble us for 90 mins

I think we need a coach with more tact, we don't need to miss 2010 World Cup before we change Amodu for Siasia
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by metche: 9:23pm On Jun 07, 2009
, Emmmm, I think they played better against France,
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by PurestBoy(m): 9:55pm On Jun 07, 2009
Did I hear anyone says to hell with Mikel, Martins, Aiyegbeni
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by cashful(m): 10:11pm On Jun 07, 2009
yea i agree with the EPL players not being the best especially olofijana, etuhu nd utaka
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by shesi(m): 10:15pm On Jun 07, 2009
Algeria is teaching Egypt a lesson in Cairo. 3 - 0 to Algeria and the game is still ongoing.

Ghana B Team just taught Mali a similar lesson. 2 - 0 to the Black Stats. We bleed gold!!

btw, why is nigeria still picking Utaka. Dude can't get a game at lowly pompey. how in the hell does he make it into the nigerian team.
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by jericho: 10:27pm On Jun 07, 2009
PurestBoy:

Did I hear anyone says to hell with Mikel, Martins, Aiyegbeni

Mikel and martins not aiyegbeni.

Mikel and Martins me think are overhyped footballers. As the boys have shown the team is doing much better without them.

Other footballers are proud to represent their countries, those 2 brats think and behave otherwise. its a shame!!!
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by chidichris(m): 11:17pm On Jun 07, 2009
I insist Nigeria is better off without those overrated EPl players like

Yobo, Mikel, Martins and Aiyegbeni

Osaze, Ike Uche, Adeleye, Uche kalu have shown it that the Nigerians in EPL are not the best we have

@dayokanu,
anyone who reads this will know u did not watch the game. kenya had our net open on more than two different occasions when we were just a goal up. anyother team apart from kenya will score those times.

again, if the same ref that officiated chelsea/barca match was at the centre of the game today, nigeria wld have done nothing.

pls contact those that watched today's match and they will tell u that the eagles were not flying until the made in epl - king kalu came in. again, if anyone who watched today's match tells u that the team was good enough to face benin, he must be a comedian.

unfortunately, espn was not showing the game otherwise i wld have asked u which player among the midfielders is worthy to take mikel's place.

kalu uche, a player that i appreciate so much was the worst player on the pitch today as he made 101 mistakes out of his 100 passes.

nigeria needs a martin, yakubu or even anichebe as our no 9.

a mikel was missing in our line up of today so no matter how u hate him, he must be in south africa so u have to learn to live by that and there was no yobo, nedum onuoha or shittu in our defence.

all in all, i love ike uche, and nigerians at this point have one need and that is qualification but if we make any mistake of going to south africa with these crop of players, not showing up there will be a blessing for us.

on the other hand, amodu shoibu must not be in our supporters club talkless of the coaching crew as he represents nothing close to sports talkless of football. i can assure nigerians that i will definitely do better than him.
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by naliakar: 11:29pm On Jun 07, 2009
Amadu says Nigeria did not play up to par and concedes they were lucky to beat the Kenyans who had superior physical fitness, (read on)

http://www.234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Sport/Football/5422974-147/Amodu_admits_Eagles_were_not_convincing.csp
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by MWorkers(m): 11:37pm On Jun 07, 2009
Chidi, you are right about Amodu but 3-0 is not bad after all compared with 3-1 I predicted here today a few minutes before the commencement of the game. Up Eagles!
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by eyonigger(m): 12:01am On Jun 08, 2009
Nigeria will be qualifying for the World Cup, FUTURE TV has confirmed it : 12:00pm.
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by naijacoder: 12:56am On Jun 08, 2009
Omo guy i missed the match.
Where can i find to watch the match now.
Thanks guys
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by moonraker(m): 5:24am On Jun 08, 2009
Chidichris, You Again??
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by vicishow(m): 5:45am On Jun 08, 2009
Super Eagles are presently trying, i just pray they keep performing like they are doing now,
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by FBS: 7:03am On Jun 08, 2009
Not a 5-star performance but 3 points in the kitty will do for now. me wonder if these were the same guys who played against France? There was so much fluidity. . .

yesterday, the SE only rode their luck and the presence and intelligence of Kanu.

Plus the SE are lacking is so many departments. . .whatever happened to our wingers? Not that I saw any yesterday.

More annoyingly there was no formation, tactics or whatever but again if you think about it, that may be chief Amodu's tactics. Whether that is a wise thing to do is another topic entirely.

My 0.2 cents.
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by Olaolufred(m): 7:36am On Jun 08, 2009
Chidichris,

This your Mikel,
What is his position of play in Eagle?
What has been his Performance?
Was he not in the strugling team all this while?
Give a good coach this job, and he raise legs that are hungry for success.
As for Mikel, he is presently nothing but one of the otondos.
I should send you an invitation when messi will be corronated in December.
Remember, Mikel that was born with him in Holland 2005 is still in the pool of struggles.
Not only Mikel, so many of the useless boys must go with their Coach for Siasia to raise us a presentable Team.
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by chidichris(m): 7:46am On Jun 08, 2009
Chidichris,

This your Mikel,
What is his position of play in Eagle?
What has been his Performance?
Was he not in the strugling team all this while?
Give a good coach this job, and he raise legs that are hungry for success.
As for Mikel, he is presently nothing but one of the otondos.
I should send you an invitation when messi will be corronated in December.
Remember, Mikel that was born with him in Holland 2005 is still in the pool of struggles.
Not only Mikel, so many of the useless boys must go with their Coach for Siasia to raise us a presentable Team.

Olaolufred,
i only commented areas where eagles did not live up to it in yesterday's match but if u say mikel was born the same day with messi, i want to assume u were not born rather u were vommitted hence u cannot play.

Chidi, you are right about Amodu but 3-0 is not bad after all compared with 3-1 I predicted here today a few minutes before the commencement of the game. Up Eagles!

@M-Workers,
the 3 points was our main target yesterday but u will agree with me that the kenyans were brought down to their kneels when the penalty decission was given against them. we saw the kenyans face to face with our nets open at least for two times. i am one of those nigerians that will be sad if we fail to be in sa 2010 and i doubt how many teams that will loose those chances the kenyans had yesterday. nigerians played below par but we are overlooking that because we got the 3 points.
it is up to amodu to drop yobo, taiwo and mikel in our next match but these same group of supporters here will call for his head if anything goes wrong in our sa2010 trip.

@all,
if amodu will drop everybody and get the ticket for us, i have nothing against that but he has to start looking for players for the real world cup finals.
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by nnaemmy(m): 8:03am On Jun 08, 2009
even though we don win but tunisia equally win dia own match meaning say them dey still dey ahead of us. well, anyhow shall God dey.
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by RuuDie(m): 8:26am On Jun 08, 2009
Rubbish. . . . . . . a far better team would'a torn those stupid Eagles apart. that scoreline just flatters the hell out of their lame performance.

The midfiled was totally non-existent - way too much gap btw the defense and midfield; it was almost too easy for the Kenyans.

And that other Uche guy - #16 - wetin im tink sey im be sef Pass ball e go d'ey hol am until d'em go comot am 4 im leg - abi im wan b JJ

Not a very good performance I must say!
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by biola44: 8:28am On Jun 08, 2009
nigeria can do w/out any player! grin d main problem was olofinjana who was 2 rigid.
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by honeric01(m): 8:59am On Jun 08, 2009
How many 4 do we have sef? Mikel 4, etuhu 4, olofinjana 4, ayila 4, kaita 4, No 10 except kalu uche trying to be like a real 10, what about obodo? Can't he a our 10 for now or amodu should talk to kalu about his lack of accurate passes? Somebody help me here.
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by Olaolufred(m): 9:04am On Jun 08, 2009
Chidichris, no man is vomitted.
I am born by a great womb.
were you also born or vomitted?
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 08, 2009
i think some of the people here are transferring their hate for Chelsea to the national team, Mikel plays 4 and he does a good job at it, the problem is the national team wants him to play 10 when Chelsea have converted him to a 4

place him and some good 10 and 8 on the pitch then u a good midfield, to me he should have been better that olofijanu who was not at it yesterday

meanwhile, our defensive midfield was empty yesterday the luck we had is the kenyan sides dont know how to score,

let us try to be analytic when we talk about the national team and not bring club hatred into it
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by Nezan(m): 9:27am On Jun 08, 2009
As Tunisia win, ur win no mean much sha.
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by otokx(m): 9:31am On Jun 08, 2009
The boys have got the 3 points at least, we need to get all the remaining 3 points if we are to be in SA.
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by U1(m): 9:50am On Jun 08, 2009
Now that scoreline is flattering. sad
Re: SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June by proudly9ja(m): 9:56am On Jun 08, 2009
Anybody who saw the Nigeria vs Mozambique match and the Nigeria vs Kenya Match will know that our defences troubles has nothing to do with personnel. Even if Yobo had played yesterday, it would have been the same story. Just go and watch the match against Mozambique to confirm. At least, Kenya didn't score yesterday!

Me thinks that the problem is entirely down to the coaching crew. While Im not totally condemning Amodu, I think he has had the team for long enough to be able to form a commendable pair and at least 2/3 back ups.

Anyways, we won and thats what matters. The next game is against Tunisia. Let's remember Tunisia has 6 points from 2 matches while we have four. The good thing is that we play Tunisia back to back therefore, we may know if we are going to the world cup immediately after the next two matches!

Na God Hand we dey o!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! / Luis Enrique Named New Spain Head Coach On 2-Year Deal / NFF President, Amaju Pinnick Reacts To Falcons 8 Nil Loss To France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.